shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67

How come some people have 0 quality posts, and some don't have anything shown?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
shutts67 wrote:How come some people have 0 quality posts, and some don't have anything shown?

the only place i have seen 0 quality posts shown is in the shirt.woot derby threads. is there somewhere else where you see 0 quality posts shown?

shutts67

hobbie wrote:Any way to get some QP for posts made months ago?

I think that quality posts have always been displayed on the item's main thread. I commented on s shirt a while before they changed to the new quality post count and I already had one when they switched.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

shutts67

no1 wrote:the only place i have seen 0 quality posts shown is in the shirt.woot derby threads. is there somewhere else where you see 0 quality posts shown?

That's a good possibility. I never noticed if I have seen them other woot places.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy

i must have said something of quality in the past 4.5 yrs

or let's start here

>The moon is not made of cheese

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

what about the Quantum Leap posts? I'm sure Ziggy won't mind if we add those...

no1

coffeenogrumpy wrote:i must have said something of quality in the past 4.5 yrs

or let's start here

>The moon is not made of cheese

evidence?

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy

ViperGuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ViperGuy

Is there a way to see our quality posts?

Barrel of Cropsless since 2005
Like music and Woot! join the group and check out the crappy music I listen to.

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel

There is something wrong with the count. I definately have more than 2 quality posts.

hobbie

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hobbie
Bezalel wrote:There is something wrong with the count. I definately have more than 2 quality posts.

Yes, you have three.

Komarimashitane!

avaladez04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avaladez04

Do Quality post really matter?? I mean do i get a reward for a certain number of post or something?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
avaladez04 wrote:Do Quality post really matter?? I mean do i get a reward for a certain number of post or something?

The smug satisfaction of being slightly better than your peers in a way that has little meaning to the rest of the world. And our gratitude for providing something entertaining or otherwise useful.

So, no, not really.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

no1

Gatzby wrote:for providing something entertaining or otherwise useful.

how many does toon have?

Mattman243

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Mattman243

Hey, couldn't there be some sort of leaderboard for quality posts? Like top 20 quality members or something?

My Shirt.Woots:

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296
Gatzby wrote:Tea, in this case, meaning rum.

Can we have a hard alcohol woot? Not much of a wine drinker. But give me a good bottle of Rum and I'm happy.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Sunshine3296 wrote:Can we have a hard alcohol woot? Not much of a wine drinker. But give me a good bottle of Rum and I'm happy.

You can if you work here.
I mean.

Please no one look in my file cabinets.

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait
avaladez04 wrote:Do Quality post really matter?? I mean do i get a reward for a certain number of post or something?

Gatzby wrote:The smug satisfaction of being slightly better than your peers in a way that has little meaning to the rest of the world. And our gratitude for providing something entertaining or otherwise useful.

So, no, not really.

...but...but...but I thought the black box meant "better than everyone else"!?!?! Now we have to have a bunch of quality posts, too?

You know, y'all are making this whole being-better-than-everyone-else really hard!

aubietodd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aubietodd

How often are the box colors updated? Does the kewpie count have nything to do with the color?

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
aubietodd wrote:How often are the box colors updated? Does the kewpie count have nything to do with the color?

There's another huge long thread on the box colors (which I am simply to lazy to find for you), but here's two things (out of uncharacteristic kindness on my part):

Your box color at the top won't change unless you log out and log back in.

Your box color beside the post you just made will be updated within seconds of any new purchase.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

howy61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howy61
Gatzby wrote:Yes, the $10 is mandatory.

Dave has pretty much nailed it on the head.
There are a few ways to get a quality post. Some are more likely than others, but here's a general breakdown:

1.) Ask a question (And not, "Does it work with Mac?" because it probably doesn't.), such as, "Is it possible to wallmount this screen?" for a television.
2.) Provide an answer to a question. E.g. "Yes, you can wallmount it, but you'll need this special bracket from BracketCo."
3.) Raise a valid concern. E.g. "I believe there's been a recall of this device."
4.) Provide additional information. E.g. Product specifications, additional product images, reviews, etc.
5.) Relate personal experiences with the product, positive or negative.
6.) Become a woot! staff member and provide up to date information about product status.
7.) Astound us with your wit. This one is, obviously, flexible and subjective. You might throw your $10 in here.
8.) The general "something needs attention drawn to it" category that's a catch-all for anything that doesn't fit in above. =)

These are general guidelines, not laws. For a better feel of what constitutes a quality post, feel free to check the main page on any given day, or look at the front page of any previous woot! product thread.

Note that quality posts tend to vary a bit from site to site, too. Over at wine.woot, you might notice additional tags like [WINERY] or , which, you know, designate the post as coming from one of our guests that week, or someone partaking of the labrat program. Shirt.woot will have an [ARTIST] from time to time and tends to rely more on humor.

Also, the closer the post is made to midnight (central time), the more likely it is to appear as a quality post.

So more likely then a Boggy Old Creature but less likely then winning the lotto.

droon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages droon

so who actually decides if something is a quality post? (just so i know who to send my ten bucks to)

Yes i Know my Capitalization and speeling are bad, im a scienteist so that makes It oK.

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
Gatzby wrote:There's no karma system like Slashdot has in place, no, but we all do get together for tea, gossip, and snicker. Well, Slydon just drinks rotgut whiskey instead of tea, but you get the idea.

Why does the "Quality Post" number next to my name (14) not match what you see when you hover over my purple box at the top(13) ???

Do you run batch updates once after each woot-off? Or perhaps once after every time the daily woot sells out?

Just curious.

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
YouCantWootThis wrote:Why does the "Quality Post" number next to my name (14) not match what you see when you hover over my purple box at the top(13) ???

Do you run batch updates once after each woot-off? Or perhaps once after every time the daily woot sells out?

Just curious.

Log off. Log back on. Seriously. That's it.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

Gatzby

YouCantWootThis wrote:Why does the "Quality Post" number next to my name (14) not match what you see when you hover over my purple box at the top(13) ???

Just curious.

It can take some time to update, or it may be slow caching between the servers.

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
shrdlu wrote:Log off. Log back on. Seriously. That's it.

Yep, that worked!

iorek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iorek
edthebedhead wrote:What constitutes a quality post? is this cumulative? do tell. do tell.

I'll never rate a quality post. I'm far too wordy.

[size=9 1/2][color=red]PapaBear[/color]

mnp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnp13
Gatzby wrote:
1.) Ask a question (And not, "Does it work with Mac?" because it probably doesn't.), such as, "Is it possible to wallmount this screen?" for a television.

Well, that's just silly. Most things actually DO work on a Mac... or at least they SHOULD!

Gatzby wrote:6.) Become a woot! staff member and provide up to date information about product status.

And how does someone go about becoming a woot! staff member?

Gatzby

mnp13 wrote:And how does someone go about becoming a woot! staff member?

Work for Woot! We're hiring.

babylemonade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babylemonade

you can find your quality posts by searching woot for your username which will identify where you posted comments. go to the I like to smell my armpits of that discussion group to see the quality posts CTRL+F your name to see if that was it.

of course, this wouldn't be as easy if you have a bajillion comments OR a ton of quality posts... but i don't and i just had to know. took me less than 2 minutes to hunt mine down.

AZScott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott

I must have been penalized for not sending my $10 as I noticed I had a drop in my quality posts.

Maybe it was my sarcasm when answering a self-evident question.

Right now I am reaching over with my right hand slapping my left (or is it the other way around, wait... I am still typing, so now you know I am not being honest. I'll get to the hand slapping in a moment.)

I will have to avoid looking at the "quality post" count now as I found that I am counting more cracks in the sidewalk

Wait! I think I have found a difference in the Quality post count. 1 count in the Triangle and another in the forum.

Hmmm?

Maybe I haven't been bad... YET

MUHAHAHAHAHAH

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
AZScott wrote:I must have been penalized for not sending my $10 as I noticed I had a drop in my quality posts.

Maybe it was my sarcasm when answering a self-evident question.

Right now I am reaching over with my right hand slapping my left (or is it the other way around, wait... I am still typing, so now you know I am not being honest. I'll get to the hand slapping in a moment.)

I will have to avoid looking at the "quality post" count now as I found that I am counting more cracks in the sidewalk

Wait! I think I have found a difference in the Quality post count. 1 count in the Triangle and another in the forum.

Hmmm?

Maybe I haven't been bad... YET

MUHAHAHAHAHAH

I just got a "quality post", but my Quality Post Counter didn't go up. I is sad.

EDIT: It just updated. I is happy now!

frebitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frebitz

Who cares? I only come here to read the snarky comments!

calvaryi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvaryi

So like asking a question like this?

Gatzby wrote:Yes, the $10 is mandatory.

Dave has pretty much nailed it on the head.
There are a few ways to get a quality post. Some are more likely than others, but here's a general breakdown:

2.) Provide an answer to a question. E.g. "Yes, you can wallmount it, but you'll need this special bracket from BracketCo."
3.) Raise a valid concern. E.g. "I believe there's been a recall of this device."
4.) Provide additional information. E.g. Product specifications, additional product images, reviews, etc.
5.) Relate personal experiences with the product, positive or negative.
6.) Become a woot! staff member and provide up to date information about product status.
7.) Astound us with your wit. This one is, obviously, flexible and subjective. You might throw your $10 in here.
8.) The general "something needs attention drawn to it" category that's a catch-all for anything that doesn't fit in above. =)

These are general guidelines, not laws. For a better feel of what constitutes a quality post, feel free to check the main page on any given day, or look at the front page of any previous woot! product thread.

Note that quality posts tend to vary a bit from site to site, too. Over at wine.woot, you might notice additional tags like [WINERY] or , which, you know, designate the post as coming from one of our guests that week, or someone partaking of the labrat program. Shirt.woot will have an [ARTIST] from time to time and tends to rely more on humor.

Also, the closer the post is made to midnight (central time), the more likely it is to appear as a quality post.

McGuffy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages McGuffy

You could also change your name to NightGhost.

jonandabby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonandabby

I just got a quality post, and want to find what genius prose elicited such a verdict from the MODS. How do I find out which one was identified as "quality?"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jonandabby wrote:I just got a quality post, and want to find what genius prose elicited such a verdict from the MODS. How do I find out which one was identified as "quality?"

There's no nifty-tool to find it. You can click on your avatar and it will show some of your recent posts. You can also use the drop down to show them per site. You'll have to click on the Permalink for each and then go to the first post of that thread to see if your Guide Entry is there.

HAPPY HUNTING!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hobbie

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hobbie

This thread brings back memories, almost 2 years to the day from getting my first quality post.

Komarimashitane!

jonandabby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonandabby
ThunderThighs wrote:There's no nifty-tool to find it. You can click on your avatar and it will show some of your recent posts. You can also use the drop down to show them per site. You'll have to click on the Permalink for each and then go to the first post of that thread to see if your Guide Entry is there.

HAPPY HUNTING!

It must have been one of my two on the Level 7 Bachelor of Creamers game, but I don't see a quality post list for that thread. Argh.

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

So can you get a Quality Post just for reading the thread about "Quality Posts" to figure out how to get a Quality Post? I'm dying here at O. I feel so newbish...

MissouriMomma