kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Moondragon wrote:This isn't really a Wii thing, but I noticed some of you have DS's as well. Have any of you actually completed a trade via Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass's boxes?

No - I never was close enough to anyone playing it to trade. what about you?

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
kdccrosby wrote:No - I never was close enough to anyone playing it to trade. what about you?

Nope. That's why I thought I'd ask if anybody'd been successful. ;D

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Moondragon wrote:Nope. That's why I thought I'd ask if anybody'd been successful. ;D

What is it, exactly? We have that game for the Wii and a DS. Haven't played the game much myself, though.

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:What is it, exactly? We have that game for the Wii and a DS. Haven't played the game much myself, though.

In the DS version there is a spot on the main island where you can put items up to trade with other players. prob is, there has to be another player nearby to trade with you.

I have the wii Zelda twilight princess game, but I haven't played it much yet.

shan24

kdccrosby wrote:In the DS version there is a spot on the main island where you can put items up to trade with other players. prob is, there has to be another player nearby to trade with you.

I have the wii Zelda twilight princess game, but I haven't played it much yet.

Oh yeah sorry, that's the one we have, Twilight Princess. I forgot all about Phantom Hourglass, I want that now. hah I need to start Twilight Princess over sometime, I just didn't get into it the first time around but I keep hearing how awesome it is.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
shan24 wrote:Oh yeah sorry, that's the one we have, Twilight Princess. I forgot all about Phantom Hourglass, I want that now. hah I need to start Twilight Princess over sometime, I just didn't get into it the first time around but I keep hearing how awesome it is.

We are in the middle of Twilight Princess. We got it for Christmas and were playing it exclusively until we got Animal Crossing and Wii Fit sucking up all our time. Maybe as our weekends mellow out we can play it again.

I don't have a DS, so I can't add to the Phantom Hourglass discussion.

Now if ya'all want to talk Final Fantasy. . . .

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:Oh yeah sorry, that's the one we have, Twilight Princess. I forgot all about Phantom Hourglass, I want that now. hah I need to start Twilight Princess over sometime, I just didn't get into it the first time around but I keep hearing how awesome it is.

I have started Twilight Princess, but haven't gotten very far in it - my new Animal Crossing Obsession is getting in the way!

Ktc - I have never played Final Fantasy...

KtCallista

Anyone got any other wii stuff to talk about? More wii codes?

Anyone want to race over the weekend?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:Anyone got any other wii stuff to talk about? More wii codes?

Anyone want to race over the weekend?

Yah!

Just inherited Wii Ski last week. Gonna try that.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Yah!

Just inherited Wii Ski last week. Gonna try that.

That sounds fun, let me know if it's any good!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I have a DS. No WPA sux though, because I use WPA and setting up a second router never seemed to work with the DS.

Still single, can't imagine why.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
FenStar wrote:I have a DS. No WPA sux though, because I use WPA and setting up a second router never seemed to work with the DS.

Shoot, and that was my plan, too. =(

*Really* wish it did WPA.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:I have a DS. No WPA sux though, because I use WPA and setting up a second router never seemed to work with the DS.

We have a DS as well, but have no clue how to get it on the wireless at home...

I do know the DSi that just came out can do WPA encryption tho.

shan24

kdccrosby wrote:Okay KtC - I added you to my friend roster

Here is my info:

code: 2450-1266-8797

name: Kim (original I know)

town name: Banita

I found the frog fish! and finally figured out how to get out an umbrella. It's raining in Banita right now...

Edit: I got a makeover, and made myself look like the ONE Mii I had created, only now my head looks HUGE on the little body. My Mii was much taller.

KtCallista wrote:Here is my Animal Crossing Town code!

0474-3968-3332
Town Name: Happy2.0
Character Name: Athena

I need your code before we can share, but I'd love to share towns with someone. Orc has a code too, but he can post that. I'm still working up a review, I wish I knew more about the DS version, but there are some very very pleasant upgrades from the gamecube version!

Ok so I finally feel like not so much of a newbie at this now...there's probably a ton I haven't done yet but I think it would be fun to visit another town. Are either of you still playing this much? If so let me know and I'll post my code

KtCallista

shan24 wrote:Ok so I finally feel like not so much of a newbie at this now...there's probably a ton I haven't done yet but I think it would be fun to visit another town. Are either of you still playing this much? If so let me know and I'll post my code

Yup! I still play, it's a bit intermittent as life goes through is busy and lulls, but I try to get on a few times a week. So does Orc.

shan24

KtCallista wrote:Yup! I still play, it's a bit intermittent as life goes through is busy and lulls, but I try to get on a few times a week. So does Orc.

Well I thought of a newbie question, ha. If we both put in our codes, can we just come and go to each other's towns after that? Or do we have to be there? It would be kinda cool to have different towns to visit. It seems like there's not much to do in the city, or is it just me?

KtCallista

shan24 wrote:Well I thought of a newbie question, ha. If we both put in our codes, can we just come and go to each other's towns after that? Or do we have to be there? It would be kinda cool to have different towns to visit. It seems like there's not much to do in the city, or is it just me?

We have to both be there and one of us has to have our gate open. If I'm going to be on for any time I usually open my gate. I also check to see if anyone has their gate open before I open mine. I believe you can have up to 4 visitors in a town at a time.

shan24

KtCallista wrote:We have to both be there and one of us has to have our gate open. If I'm going to be on for any time I usually open my gate. I also check to see if anyone has their gate open before I open mine. I believe you can have up to 4 visitors in a town at a time.

See there ya go, I didn't even know you could close the gate. We are off to dinner but I may have time to play it later.

KtCallista

shan24 wrote:See there ya go, I didn't even know you could close the gate. We are off to dinner but I may have time to play it later.

The gate is closed by default. When you talk to the guard on the right he will give you the option to go out (that will check if anyone has a town gate open that you can visit - they must be on your friend list) or you can invite friends over - that will open your gate. You can't use the design stuff in the studio while your gate is open, nor can you go to the city. Other than that you can do anything you normally would do. If a friend comes over there are a couple more things you can't do until they leave, but it's not much. When a friend enters town you will have to stop any conversations and the first time they come you will be transported to the gate to greet them.

shan24

Ok here is my friend code:
3266-2240-8763

I just got my big house today yay! ha

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:Ok here is my friend code:
3266-2240-8763

I just got my big house today yay! ha

YAY! What is your town name and character's name? I think we need those also to add you.

I hadn't been on AC (and barely here) for several days. Post your other info and I'll add you. Maybe all three of us can visit at the same time.

Edit - I need to do some decorating pretty quickly before I have visitors - I just changed a bunch of stuff in my house.

shan24

kdccrosby wrote:YAY! What is your town name and character's name? I think we need those also to add you.

I hadn't been on AC (and barely here) for several days. Post your other info and I'll add you. Maybe all three of us can visit at the same time.

Edit - I need to do some decorating pretty quickly before I have visitors - I just changed a bunch of stuff in my house.

Here you go:
3266-2240-8763
Character name: Shan
Town name: Loopyton

I wanted to name it Loopytown but was limited to 8 letters. hoho

I tried to play last night but my son was hogging the game. I'm surprised how much he likes it too.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:YAY! What is your town name and character's name? I think we need those also to add you.

I just redid my house over the weekend. Still need to find the regal couch and clock. I'll try to get on after work tonight. I didn't get to play much this week. . . something about sleeping all day while sick.

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:Here you go:
3266-2240-8763
Character name: Shan
Town name: Loopyton

I wanted to name it Loopytown but was limited to 8 letters. hoho

I tried to play last night but my son was hogging the game. I'm surprised how much he likes it too.

I'll try to get on tonight as well and I will get you added.

KtCallista

I have added you Shan.

shan24

Cool I'll do the same

shan24

Just saw this and had to tell someone who will appreciate it
The Ocarina of Rhyme
Zelda Rap Mashups!

KtC, the Animal Crossing visit was fun! The last I checked, my coconut, pear and apple trees were growing nicely. I haven't had time to go on yet and see the new Nook's. But my house is full of fish in fish tanks waiting to be sold. I hope they don't die...they're probably all dead. hoho KDC, we'll have to visit each other's towns sometime too. I can't believe how different the towns can be. My son had a friend over yesterday and they hogged the Wii. Then last night we played Rock Band, which we haven't played in ages...so no Animal Xing.

shan24

kdccrosby

Shan I have added you now. maybe you, ktc and I can play soon.

shan24

kdccrosby wrote:Shan I have added you now. maybe you, ktc and I can play soon.

Sounds good, maybe this weekend sometime!

KtC, Francine from your town moved to my town. But today she was all mad at the world, it was funny. Broccolo moved out of my town, did he come to yours? And the people in the city said your spaghetti is sprinkled with diamonds. ha ha

So far I have pear and coconut trees growing, but the apple trees have disappeared. And today some weird black spider thing kept following me and knocking me out and I would wake up in front of my house.

People who read this but don't have the game, probably think this is the weirdest post ever.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:Sounds good, maybe this weekend sometime!

KtC, Francine from your town moved to my town. But today she was all mad at the world, it was funny. Broccolo moved out of my town, did he come to yours? And the people in the city said your spaghetti is sprinkled with diamonds. ha ha

So far I have pear and coconut trees growing, but the apple trees have disappeared. And today some weird black spider thing kept following me and knocking me out and I would wake up in front of my house.

People who read this but don't have the game, probably think this is the weirdest post ever.

Your apple trees were gone?
I don't thin that happens in the origional.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

shan24

dontwantaname wrote:Your apple trees were gone?
I don't thin that happens in the origional.

Well my town started with cherry trees but KtC gave me apples, pears and coconuts...I planted the 2 apples and the next day they were gone baby gone. Oh well

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:Well my town started with cherry trees but KtC gave me apples, pears and coconuts...I planted the 2 apples and the next day they were gone baby gone. Oh well

you have cherry trees? cool

when I first started planting trees about half of them would disappear or wouldn't grow. we can give you more apples if you want. pears and coconuts are worth more bells though.

you had a spider knock you out? that has never happened to me....

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:you have cherry trees? cool

when I first started planting trees about half of them would disappear or wouldn't grow. we can give you more apples if you want. pears and coconuts are worth more bells though.

you had a spider knock you out? that has never happened to me....

I have cherries too!!!!! I haven't seen the spider that knocks you out. I wonder if it was the wisp? I have the lamp for the wisp, but I've never seen him.

I'll be playing later this afternoon if anyone wants to get online.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I have cherries too!!!!! I haven't seen the spider that knocks you out. I wonder if it was the wisp? I have the lamp for the wisp, but I've never seen him.

I'll be playing later this afternoon if anyone wants to get online.

I have an empty lamp. I have no idea what it is for (looks like a genie lamp). so I put it on the mantle of my fireplace.

I'll probably get on this afternoon also.

shan24

I can't play this afternoon (stupid work) but I will most likely be on tomorrow night. I know, I know, what a Friday night, eh?

I haven't heard anything about a wisp. But it looked like a black spider and it crawled on the ground. If I got too close it would chase me VERY fast and if I made one false move it would get me. The only way to capture it would be to sneak up on it with your net. But I'm not even sure that would work. I saw it a few times yesterday and once the day before, usually around 7 pm, which seems to be when the bugs start to come out. Oh and I caught an eel, that was kinda cool. Looked like a board swimming in the water.

kdccrosby

shan24 wrote:I can't play this afternoon (stupid work) but I will most likely be on tomorrow night. I know, I know, what a Friday night, eh?

I haven't heard anything about a wisp. But it looked like a black spider and it crawled on the ground. If I got too close it would chase me VERY fast and if I made one false move it would get me. The only way to capture it would be to sneak up on it with your net. But I'm not even sure that would work. I saw it a few times yesterday and once the day before, usually around 7 pm, which seems to be when the bugs start to come out. Oh and I caught an eel, that was kinda cool. Looked like a board swimming in the water.

I'm on vacation today & tomorrow, which is why I can play. usually, it is stupid work for me too.

I haven't caught an eel yet. cool! The bees sting me every time when I shake them from a tree, so I am sure the spider will get me too. *sigh*

KtCallista

shan24 wrote:I can't play this afternoon (stupid work) but I will most likely be on tomorrow night. I know, I know, what a Friday night, eh?

Ok that doesn't sound like the wisp. The wisp is supposed to come out at night (after midnight) and you have to find the lamp and give it to him and then he gives you a wish. I've never done it, but I looked it up when I found the lamp. It is exactly like kdc describes!

I'm still not sure if I will work from home tomorrow or not. I might since I'm set up on my computer now, then I won't have to take everything back to the office until Monday when my boss comes back (plus it's getting hot again). If I work from home I can be on a little earlier than if I work in the office. So if you two are already in a town I'll meet up when I get on. My Friday's are exciting too. I used to race Kenney and Skek on Mario Kart on Fridays too.

kdccrosby

Okay - I am done with all of my cake making. So... next time y'all are going to be on AC let me know! I keep missing out on getting to play with y'all.

kdccrosby

okay - had fun with Shan! now we need to all three visit a town at the same time.

I visited Katrina and someone needs to pull 4 weeds in my town for some good luck. I'll try to remember to leave some.

Shan - let me know if that money tree grows!