glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower
tdandar wrote:This is being sold on ebay at the "buy it now" price of only $79.99.

Yeah 79 + 22.

glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower
shuchercaikol wrote:Well, there's also one for sale on eBay for $79. If you look around, this is NOT the cheapest means of acquisition for this product, but by far under the average sale price.

Seventy Nine plus Twenty Two.

WhitneyGH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhitneyGH

Yes, the website says that this particular model is for ages 12 and under. But I honestly don't think it's that restrictive. The weight limit for both this and the "adult" model are the same (230 lbs), and they're both rated for the same depth (65 ft). Yes, the adult version has more power and has a max speed of 3.8 mph versus 3 mph, but does that matter so much for a casual user?

What I'm saying is this: I don't think that the website saying "12 and under" means that ONLY 12 and under can use it. As long as you're under the maximum weight, I think you should be fine.

The Handy Caddy Sliding Appliance Tray changed my life.

bkives1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkives1

Does anybody know if this product will work in a salt water pool...worried about corrosion.

mwal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwal
emailsubs wrote:Good find (serious buzz-kill)

Presumably there was some sort of fix performed???

Unless woot found the Aqua Scooters 4 years ago and saved them in their warehouse until now to sell them. That recall was from the batch made May 2005 through July 2005.

astevenscr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages astevenscr
wootofstealbaby wrote:Does anybody have an answer why Utah is always lighting up? Don't they really have one lake? And isn't that even salted greatly?

Utah has something like the 5th highest number of scuba divers per capita (which I think is amazing for a landlocked state) as well as sixth highest number of boatable waters per capita of all the states. Utah has several hot-spring supplied lakes that are scuba-divable year round, even when the air temperature is well below freezing (I should know, I got my scuba certification in December). Now if only I were diving enough right now to justify jumping on one of these.

For scuba, they are a lot of fun and really take the work out. No bubbles in the face or other problems, and a lot of fun to steer - you just bend one or both arms, and these things pull you in a new direction. When diving, they are fun for tricks like loops and other such nonsense. As others have said, they also really save on the air consumption of your dive tanks, as you no longer need to work so hard swimming around to see things.

Medic63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Medic63

I'm having flashbacks to my childhood and a show called "Sea Hunt". Anyone else old enough to remember that one?

lakario

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lakario

Why is an aqua scooter selling like hot cakes in Utah of all places..? I don't know if you've visited my state, but there aren't very many bodies of water to go swimming in...

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

Ah, that's more like it. It's electronic and extraneous and basically its only use is for fun. This = cool.

I could do with more Woots like this, at the expense of cutting down on the tennis racquets and gardening supplies.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

piercedgeek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages piercedgeek
lakario wrote:Why is an aqua scooter selling like hot cakes in Utah of all places..? I don't know if you've visited my state, but there aren't very many bodies of water to go swimming in...

I think it has more to do with the very small number of people in Utah. It only takes a few purchases for the entire state to look relatively busy.

oh and damn you woot! I'm having a hell of a time resisting this! I live in Florida, am going to learn to dive in another month, and then going on a trip that involves diving, blast!

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance

Bond. James Bond.

kbravo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbravo

They have the Weight Listed at 230 LBS is this correct?????

NrGinDallas

quality posts: 23 Private Messages NrGinDallas

The Aqua Scooter that is being sold today is not the one that was recalled. The one that was recalled is the Aqua Scout 1G from four years ago.

http://www.aquascout.us/archives.html

It was also sold by a different company. The unit being sold today is from Hawk at http://www.hawkintl.com/ and is a current model. The unit that was recalled four years ago is from Aqua Scout at http://www.aquascout.us/

I hope this helps to clarify everything.

vawolf1 wrote:Recall Alert
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 2, 2005
Alert #05-600

CPSC, Aqua Scout Announce Recall of Aqua Scout Water Scooters
The following product safety recall was conducted voluntarily by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Customers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Product: Aqua Scout Water Scooters

Units: About 475

Importer: MyDigitalDiscount.com Inc. / Aqua Scout, of Minetto, N.Y.

Hazard: Hydrogen gas can build up in the battery compartment and cause the battery cover and the battery package to forcefully expel from the product, posing a risk of injury to the user or bystanders.

Incidents/Injuries: Aqua Scout has received five reports of the battery cover and/or the battery package being expelled from the water scooter, including two reports of minor injuries such as lacerations and bruising.

Description: The Aqua Scout Water Scooter is a hand-held, battery-powered product used to propel swimmers through the water. The product has a yellow or red plastic enclosure, a black plastic handle and propeller. There is no model numbers or brand name written on the scooter.

Sold at: Online at the Aqua Scout Web site and through eBay from May 2005 through July 2005 for about $120.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled water scooter immediately and return it to Aqua Scout for a free replacement.

Consumer Contact: Consumers have been contacted directly by Aqua Scout. For additional information, contact Aqua Scout via e-mail at matchoo5050@yahoo.com, by telephone at (315) 343-0369 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the Aqua Scout Web site at www.aquascout.us

zeepidee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeepidee

Will Woot ship to the island of Culebra off the coast of Puerto Rico....does anyone know? Puerto Rico is consider part of the continental United States when traveling and it is not listed on Woot's "will not ship list". Going on a snorkeling expedition in 3 weeks and I would have it shipped there instead of getting charged by the airline for excess baggage.

PS: this is a serious question. ;-)

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG
rmmelioris wrote:Lot of college kids here-the U of U, BYU.

Everyone knows that Mormons, love aqua anything.

Lucky3249

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lucky3249

The only thing this scooter is good for is playing in a pool in which it is alot of fun....as far as scuba diving NO WAY this thing has no power and when diving deeper then 20 feet it will just cut out on you i am on my 3rd one and all 3 have done the same thing...recently sold mine on ebay for 68.00

pammy1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pammy1971

phelps?

yeah, 4.7 mph when he's stoned - slower when he's clean

rainmannn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rainmannn

What's with the air pump that comes with it?

jokerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerman
chadbailey wrote:how long does the battery last?

Doesn't anyone read anymore? Too bad......typically when someone has something informative to post no one hardly sees it due to the BS and dumb questions.

Tardawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tardawg
AFCanesFan wrote:Found a video of what appears to be it with slightly different colors or a similar product. Not terribly spectacular.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTESjE2ZBrs

Check out the clip from the vacation in Raya that is linked to the original link. I think the guy in the pool with the air tank and all is a little weighted down, the guy in the other video (no tank) is moving pretty fast.

rogerjollyroger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerjollyroger
zeepidee wrote:Will Woot ship to the island of Culebra off the coast of Puerto Rico....does anyone know? Puerto Rico is consider part of the continental United States when traveling and it is not listed on Woot's "will not ship list". Going on a snorkeling expedition in 3 weeks and I would have it shipped there instead of getting charged by the airline for excess baggage.

PS: this is a serious question. ;-)

Why don't you try to purchase it and see if it accepts the address you want to ship to?? Hmmmm. Of course we are all experts on where Woot will and will not ship.

rogerjollyroger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerjollyroger
bkives1 wrote:Does anybody know if this product will work in a salt water pool...worried about corrosion.

If it works in the Ocean, I think it will work in the salt water pool. Just a guess though.

leilaniandjake

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leilaniandjake

I loved these in The Rock right before Sean Connery says, "Welcome to The Rock." I want one of the ones they were riding on though, they looked like way more fun...

I <3 Woot!

kh99

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kh99

Scooty-Puff Jr. sux!

fninjb06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fninjb06
northcjr wrote:I only have one thing to say.....

www.aquascooter.com

I have 8 of them,gas is the only way to go...

1300 x 8 = $10400... thanks for making the rest of my car payments

LOL and filling up one gallon in each of these nearly gives me a full tank in my car... way to go walrus

zeepidee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zeepidee

Hmmmmmm...maybe someone who has purchased something from Woot is reading this post and resides in Puerto Rico - they would be able to tell me if they ship there. Maybe, but who knows.

But I will take the advice of trying to enter the shipping address. Thanks.

EDIT: Nope Puerto Rico not listed in the options of state, province or region so I guess I will pass on this deal. Thanks for the help tho.

veequalse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veequalse

www.aquascooter.com

Gas never propelled me. But it makes everyone else in the pool move fast.

buttwax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttwax

This will be great for the folks in Kansas.

Woot? What the hell is that some sorta rubber weiner?

patndave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patndave
wootofstealbaby wrote:Click on the image of the scooter and look. I dares yah.

Thanks!
I should have known that.
Actually, I did know that, but forgot.
(Don't get old!)

xKakorotx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xKakorotx

If I had the extra money I would definetely blow it on this Bond gadget. It looks super B.A.

frogdog51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogdog51

Would this be a good gift for a secret agent or spy?

woolley101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woolley101

im too fat over the weight capacity.

i think i need a sandwich **sniff** **sniff**

woot!

dealwaiter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealwaiter

I would hate to see what happens if the fan shroud breaks while in use :x

Hey look, the advertising is gone!

cpetergo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpetergo

That is 3 mph for children - age 12 or less.
http://www.scalisemarine.com/hawk.htm

Yo Pedro!

stanley2710

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanley2710

I wonder if I can pull someone behind me so they can water ski...

dougtaylor1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougtaylor1

www.aquascooter.com

The problem is that gas needs combustion and combustion needs oxygen so you can only stay on the surface of the water. That is a big difference from electric that goes to 65 feet.

awraver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awraver

My friend, Brian Williams in Nashville, TN died trying to use one of these for the first time. It apparently kicked back, hit him in the face and he was bloodied, knocked out and drowned. He was NOT wearing a lifevest so having that on might have saved his life. I'm not telling you not to purchase this item, but be VERY careful when you use it and wear a lifevest. If you are scuba diving with it, ensure your buddy is right there to help if needed.If this email keeps anyone from drowning while using it, Brian will look down on us an be glad.

Grangie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grangie

Target had a similar one of these last summer for $50. It goes four mph. We bought one and the kids love it.

richiers

quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers

wow i have been waiting for this to power my cardboard submarine

motofabio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motofabio

THIS IS A CHILD'S TOY, BEST USED IN THE POOL -- NOT THE OCEAN!

I didn't even read what woot says about it, but I assure you that this will BARELY pull a 200lb man in a pool and will be nearly worthless in the ocean against currents and waves.