houseandwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houseandwilson

heck yes

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

It sure is, and stop calling me eva.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

I used to like "House," but now I don't so much because of the following reasons:

1) Dr. Greg ALWAYS will insult each of his henchmen, they each will take it but try to interject a snappy comeback that will not be successful.

2) Dr. Wilson will ALWAYS show frustration and use the word "friend," usually preceeded with "I don't know why I am your."

3) Someone will address Cuddy's butt like it's a separate, living entity.

4) THE INITIAL DIAGNOSIS OF THE SICK PATIENT IS ALWAYS WRONG.

5) You will always see that large, two-toned tennis ball in a scene.

6) Dr. Greg ALWAYS plays with his..... cane.

7) Seeing a mean person get away with being a prick all the time is not entertaining any more.

8) Dr. Greg will NEVER get fired for being a turd, and none of his henchmen will ever quit.

9) THE SECOND DIAGNOSIS OF THE SICK PATIENT IS ALWAYS WRONG, TOO!

10) No one ever realizes that this whole team of "expert diagnosticians" really is not that bright because usually it's the THIRD, FOURTH, OR FIFTH DIAGNOSIS that ends up being right. Would you really want to see a doctor that you can guarantee will misdiagnose you the first and second time, every time, and subject you to unnecessary, sometimes painful and/or embarrassing tests in the process?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:It sure is, and stop calling me eva.

EE-eev-Ah

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote:I used to like "House," but now I don't so much because of the following reasons:

1)...
10) No one ever realizes that this whole team of "expert diagnosticians" really is not that bright because usually it's the THIRD, FOURTH, OR FIFTH DIAGNOSIS that ends up being right. Would you really want to see a doctor that you can guarantee will misdiagnose you the first and second time, every time, and subject you to unnecessary, sometimes painful and/or embarrassing tests in the process?

*When I was a post-doc, the surgical residents would each spend a year in the lab learning to do research and to not be jerks around other actual human people who didn't have to put up with their guppy. There was one surgeon on the faculty that everyone of them and everyone else agreed had to be watched, because if he weren't, he might do weird stuff in surgery, like take out the spleen for no reason, or try some untested sort of stitchery, or about anything, really. They all also agreed, however, that if their own life were on the line, he was the one surgeon they wanted to operate on them, over anyone else.

c'mon, Kenney, who else but House would flirt shamelessly with a 90 year old syphilitic old woman with brain damage?

oh, and VOTE for my House shirt! See, it has vicodins!

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote:

It is. and it's hot.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Let me know if anyone finds the one that may or may not have been loosly based on ARGH. It was on my DVR and then the DVR died and I had to get a new one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
SkekTek wrote:It sure is, and stop calling me eva.

"Stop calling me Shirley."

Haha, Airplane!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:I used to like "House," but now I don't so much because of the following reasons:

1) Dr. Greg ALWAYS will insult each of his henchmen, they each will take it but try to interject a snappy comeback that will not be successful.

Oh, you little man, you just don't get it

kenney9226 wrote:2) Dr. Wilson will ALWAYS show frustration and use the word "friend," usually preceeded with "I don't know why I am your."

Sometimes preceeded by "I'm through being your"

kenney9226 wrote:

I certainly stare at it like it is. However, I find myself more attracted to the girls up front

kenney9226 wrote:4) THE INITIAL DIAGNOSIS OF THE SICK PATIENT IS ALWAYS WRONG.

Actually, a lot of the time, it IS right, they just discount it first.

kenney9226 wrote:5) You will always see that large, two-toned tennis ball in a scene.

It's contractually obligated through SAG to be present. Like the Sota record player

kenney9226 wrote:6) Dr. Greg ALWAYS plays with his..... cane.

It's got fire on it... and itches...

kenney9226 wrote:7) Seeing a mean person get away with being a prick all the time is not entertaining any more.

Works for Adder...

kenney9226 wrote:8) Dr. Greg will NEVER get fired for being a turd, and none of his henchmen will ever quit.

He has gotten fired a few times, but crawls back. Same for the henchmen. Except for Cutthroat...

kenney9226 wrote:9) THE SECOND DIAGNOSIS OF THE SICK PATIENT IS ALWAYS WRONG, TOO!

Problem with dartboard medicine.

kenney9226 wrote:10) No one ever realizes that this whole team of "expert diagnosticians" really is not that bright because usually it's the THIRD, FOURTH, OR FIFTH DIAGNOSIS that ends up being right. Would you really want to see a doctor that you can guarantee will misdiagnose you the first and second time, every time, and subject you to unnecessary, sometimes painful and/or embarrassing tests in the process?

It's certainly fun to watch though. And usually there's at least one appearance of a totally off-color bodily fluid! Last night, it was green pee!

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
dontwantaname wrote:Let me know if anyone finds the one that may or may not have been loosly based on ARGH. It was on my DVR and then the DVR died and I had to get a new one.

ARGH?

Thanks SS for my new togs!

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976
Josephus wrote:EE-eev-Ah

Wall-E

BTW - As for the best show to ever hit TV, I have two words - Arrested Development

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
terrimeyers wrote:ARGH?

AlienReseachGroupHome. He died shortly after I joined, but I remember he liked "ducks." View the charity thread to learn more about him.

Still single, can't imagine why.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kenney9226 wrote:8) Dr. Greg will NEVER get fired for being a turd, and none of his henchmen will ever quit.

Cameron and Chase are no longer on his team though, right? Cameron quit, Chase got fired? And Foreman somehow stayed on...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Josephus

eHalcyon wrote:Cameron and Chase are no longer on his team though, right? Cameron quit, Chase got fired? And Foreman somehow stayed on...

I'm only allowed to watch reruns on cable, so I don't know about these things. although I did know that Foreskin had left and returned because House needed someone with a brain and he was the only doctor they could find who had one.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

undertow976 wrote:Wall-E

BTW - As for the best show to ever hit TV, I have two words - Arrested Development

This is a factual and accurate statement.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Josephus

PemberDucky wrote:This is a factual and accurate statement.

uh,

no.

kenney9226

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

I gotta lean toward Top Gear as the best show ever.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I really like House but I'm getting tired of the same scenario every week:

hard to solve case
diagnosis
error in diagnoses
repeat 3 times
Someeone says something to House that jogs a distant memory.
diagnosis
end.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone
Josephus wrote:I'm only allowed to watch reruns on cable, so I don't know about these things. although I did know that Foreskin had left and returned because House needed someone with a brain and he was the only doctor they could find who had one.

Foreman left for another hospital, made a bold "House-like" call, and got fired for it. No one would else would hire him due to the fact that he displayed "House-like" qualities so Cuddy brought him back as charity (for less pay) to watch over House.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jqubed wrote:I gotta lean toward Top Gear as the best show ever.

That is also the truth.

It is so so so good to know they're not launching a US version after all.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
PemberDucky wrote:That is also the truth.

It is so so so good to know they're not launching a US version after all.

I'm torn about that. If they were going to do such a perilous thing, I wanted it to succeed. Really, I wish they'd just take the British one and get it on someplace other than BBC America, where it would get more exposure... at least basic cable. I still know a lot of people who don't get it (we only get it on our one TV with a digital cable box (also our HD box), so if anyone wanted to watch anything else that was only on that box or a Blu-Ray we might have some discussions.)

[/hijack]

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

kenney9226

House ****ed off Kumar!!!