MarcGoldie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarcGoldie22
BobbyMaier wrote:My first random guppy arrived today containing...

A 10 inch digital photo frame

2 2XL Broccoli shirts

One of those "lava" brand lamps

A white metal bucket

and numerous bags of that sweet texas air.

All in all I would say it was a good bag of carp! Thanks woot!

Looks like we got the exact same items in our random boxes.

alunj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alunj
chaos711 wrote:Mine is stuck in Kent as well. It always gets stuck in Kent. I hate Kent. grrrr.

Another Washington resident here - I have a 4/1 Bald Old Comb-over in Kent, where it is presumably acquiring the carp nature, and a 3/27 Baker Overloaded with Chives on its way from Los Angeles, presumably too scared to actually stop at Kent.

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

I know that the crappiness varies, but can anyone match how little I got?

* 2 Size M Broccoli shirts (I take L or XL)

* 1 Metal bucket

* 1 tiny Motorola USB thumb drive that I at first thought was an anti-theft tag for a shirt. I have not checked capacity yet, but I'm guessing no more than 2 gigs, and maybe a lot less.

That's it. Nothing else. Anyone want to trade a size XL shirt for an M?

Edit: it isn't a thumbdrive, it's a USB Bluetooth dongle. It works. It's worth at most $15. I don't have any Bluetooth devices.

BladeBeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BladeBeam

I finally got my guppy today, to be honest, a little disappointed and sad, but I shan't complain, loved my last guppy. They can't all be good.

Here's the guppy:

2x Yay! It's Broccoli T-Shirts (Ladies Large, May fit the gf)
1x 200 Sheet pack of HP 4x6 Photo Paper PLUS!
1x RCA Noise Canceling Headphones - Right Ear broken
1x Pink Generic Buquette (Not Bucket, Buquette)

With this, I think I would have taken the Woot-Off Guppy, but it is what it is. I got a sweet gps bundle last time, so I shan't compain.

02/19/09 - Bandolier of Carrots x 3
02/19/09 - Screaming Monkey and Woot-Off Lights
04/01/09 - Box Of Cats x 3
2/25/10 - Bag of Chandoliers

Vanstorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Vanstorm
Vanstorm wrote:
1 4.0 GB Sansa e260 - (refurb) Screen does not work

I disassembled and examined this more closely .. screen actually works, it is the backlight that is not functioning. Anyone know if this is fixable?

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
BladeBeam wrote:I finally got my guppy today, to be honest, a little disappointed and sad, but I shan't complain, loved my last guppy. They can't all be good.

Here's the guppy:

2x Yay! It's Broccoli T-Shirts (Ladies Large, May fit the gf)
1x 200 Sheet pack of HP 4x6 Photo Paper PLUS!
1x RCA Noise Canceling Headphones - Right Ear broken
1x Pink Generic Buquette (Not Bucket, Buquette)

With this, I think I would have taken the Woot-Off Guppy, but it is what it is. I got a sweet gps bundle last time, so I shan't compain.

NICE PAPER! HAHA You can use it to wipe your guppy!

EDIT: I am thinking the buckets were an Easter theme to replace the traditional "bag" BUT that's just my thought...

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

My box showed 1 lb at packagemapping, no weight showed at ups.com. It arrived today.

I got:

2x hot pink buquet. 3 inches deep, about four inches diameter across the bottom.

1x 2gig Sansa lil' Monsta c250 - refurb - plays fine.

3x 4gig Sansa e260 - refurb.

One has a crack on the screen and only works on the right earphone. Came preloaded with Lose Yourself.

One powers up when plugged in, will not turn on when not connected. Going to fully charge it, see what happens. (Edit: Might be SOL.)

The last came preloaded with some music I've never heard of and some beautiful pictures of nature and what looks to be old Europe and China. Was still wrapped in refurb plastic with a picture sticker. Plays fine.

1x 8gig Sansa e280 - refurb - plays fine.

6x Sansa/Sandisk USB cords.

3x Sansa black earbuds (Yes, that's right. Five players, six USB cords, three headphones.)

1x random power cord.

2x random USB cords.

1x Evesham Nav-Cam 7000.

Won't turn on, the random USB cables do not go with this. I assume (hope!) it's just out of juice.

1x 1gig Apacer SD card inserted in the GPS navigator.

1x GX Under Cabinet CD Player with Clock Radio.

It came in its own sealed box (everything else was loose in the box or in tiny bubble wrap bags) with a $19.99 sticker on it and lots of screws, suction cups, screw covers, instructions, and a three month warranty. I haven't tried to turn this on yet. I live in an apartment so this will be passed on.

22x bags of fresh Texas air.

1x 24x12x10 box punched in one side that came in a timely manner, as my office is packing up and moving across the street, and we're expected to bring our own boxes.

WOW. The mail came at 11:15, I was still sleeping when the mail carrier knocked. I opened the box in my nightgown, sans contacts and just kept saying "Duuude." To be honest, all I was hoping for was no YAY BROCCOLI shirts. Thank you, Woot!

I know the rule is "pics or it didn't happen", I will try to have those up over the weekend.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

Jsblair17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jsblair17

broccoli Shirts anyone

Once again if someone is wanting to trade for a Woman's Small I have three I will trade a couple for 1 2xl

base8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages base8

Both my bags are stuck in Kent WA also, I'm in Idaho, they seem to be on the same trucks but the woot off bag is expected Monday and the April 1st bag is supposed to be here Saturday.

fuelvolts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuelvolts

I'm willing to trade a XL broccoli shirt for a working sansa + cable (and size).

Thanks!

wooter since '04

dropzone9540

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dropzone9540
kk725 wrote:

WOW, mine arrived before I ever even got a shipping notice. Not a whole lot in the box, but better stuff than my last Bandoleer of Carrots.

1) The Original Lava Brand Fire Fly Lamp
2) Memorex External 20x Lightscribe DVD Recorder
3) Buquet Supply, Inc. Pail #4 (bright red)
4) 2x "One Cheer for Broccoli" Woot Tees - Men's Sz. Large

DVD drive is missing USB and power cables, so I guess I'll have to hunt down some spares or go buy 'em somewheres. Here's hoping it works!

I got the EXACT same box of chorizo, i emailed memorex for the power cables, let me know if you have any luck with tracking them down. dropzone at mailbolt dot com.

rak508

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rak508
alunj wrote:Another Washington resident here - I have a 4/1 Bald Old Comb-over in Kent, where it is presumably acquiring the carp nature, and a 3/27 Baker Overloaded with Chives on its way from Los Angeles, presumably too scared to actually stop at Kent.

Mine, too, is in Kent. We should be getting them on Saturday.

Izzman89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Izzman89
rak508 wrote:Mine, too, is in Kent. We should be getting them on Saturday.

Mine's also in kent guys, but I live on the Olympic Peninsula, and 'should' get mine tomorrow... maybe all our HDTV's are weighing them down.

klipper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klipper
MarcGoldie22 wrote:Looks like we got the exact same items in our random boxes.

What was your weight?

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
Jagg3d3d93 wrote:I really want a broccoli shirt, if I dont get one, so help you woot, so help you...

Also to the guy complaining about the delivery and the USPS, I am venturing that it was not the post man who tampered with your package, albeit the book placed in the package was a logistics error and probably attributable to the USPS, the tampering is not. More than likely it was a standard person who saw the package, this is more commonplace with packages that are being left out on porches etc. Its low risk theft, no one is home open the package and loot it, because these deliveries happen during the day when few neighbors are home but rather at work. Aside form that I know from experience with the post office that the post man would almost never do something like this. The USPS has stricter guidelines than anyone, there offices have security almost rivaling airports. Plus carriers have to go through background checks and such. So before you blame the post office I would think you should watch your neighbors/neighborhood a little more closely.

I was not complaining. You don't know my carrier, unless you are him. He has called his supervisor from my house at 9:30 P.M. because he delivers when he wants. I do not get all my mail,
sometime paying bills late because they were never delivered. and neither do my neighbors.

I was sitting right here and saw him set the box down. I have called and complained. They said to stop calling because they were not going to do anything about his way of delivering the mail. One time I picked up a parcel from my tree lawn that went to someone 2 blocks away. Another time he brought me a soaking wet box on a day when it was 90 degrees. Another time he brought me a flattened box, that was to be 4" thick.

Neighbors have brought me mail and broken packages that they have found in the street that are addressed to me. I put in insurance claims about every other month. So don't tell me my carrier is not a complete jerk, when I know he is one.

The box of chorizo is just that. And you will never find me complaining about that. It is meant to be fun and always is worth a laugh. I have fun just trying to get it and waiting for it to arrive.

I cannot believe people hot tamale about what guppy they get.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
hjangis wrote:For some reason I have this feeling you'll get yours that's stuck in Sacramento before everyone else who has ours stuck in Kent. Maybe I've just become too pessimistic!

Last time a Woot headed my way via SmartPost spent this long "in Kent," it popped up half a week later in Wisconsin, then in Indiana, before finally a week later coming back to Kent and then eventually making its way here to me in Kenmore.

zathyus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zathyus

Just a heads up (I don't know if it actually a fire risk), but one of my refurb Sansas has what appears to be a burn hole in the battery.

jlange90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlange90

Here's some pictures of the guitar Woot sent me. I already smudged it up, grr! There's also a youtube vid of the unboxing (crappy quality, of course)

and, here's the youtube vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bNiEtNQ2gE

whatdafudge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whatdafudge
tesla33 wrote:I know that the crappiness varies, but can anyone match how little I got?

* 2 Size M Broccoli shirts (I take L or XL)

* 1 Metal bucket

* 1 tiny Motorola USB thumb drive that I at first thought was an anti-theft tag for a shirt. I have not checked capacity yet, but I'm guessing no more than 2 gigs, and maybe a lot less.

That's it. Nothing else. Anyone want to trade a size XL shirt for an M?

Edit: it isn't a thumbdrive, it's a USB Bluetooth dongle. It works. It's worth at most $15. I don't have any Bluetooth devices.

I would happily trade. My 1-small shirt, bucket, broken drumsticks (connected by a wire) and plastic box that says Flinstones on it wasn't what I was expecting.

I gotta let it go and move on... sorry. Better luck next time.

cs6ranger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs6ranger

so here is the contents of my box of chorizo

1x camo woot monkey
1x omgwin! pail
3x homer simpson usb hubs
1x woot letter

a few hours after i got the box of chorizo the item from the letter came

1x olevia 252tfhd 52" 1080p lcd tv
1x omgwin! pail (in the box with the tv)

thank you woot gods!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfCKeznxJ4o

Proud owner of a 52" LCD TV from a 4/1/09 Boggy Old Creature

whatdafudge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whatdafudge
cs6ranger wrote:so here is the contents of my box of chorizo

1x camo woot monkey
1x omgwin! pail
1x woot letter

thank you woot gods!!!

And with that... I am officially done with this thread. Thanks.

base8

can any woot staff tell us if that is real? Awesome if it is. Congrats!

MeshColour

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MeshColour

What i got:

Sanas Clip 1G
Nav-Cam 7000 GPS (worked (crappily) when charged, uses the same cables as my camera (fujifilm F30))
USB Pinnacle TV tuner (no antenna, untested)
PCI Pinnacle TV tuner (all cables, untested)
2x M Broccoli shirts
1x L Fish in a bowl looking at a plate of sushi
Crank flashlight/radio pack
A white tall bucket
I didn't count my bags of texas air...

Out of 4 bags of guppy this one had the most and best items.

kibitzor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kibitzor

**5 bags of guppy unboxing video**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMA8-JWl2hU

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

1 green mini pail

1 10 inch digital picture frame (no power supply)

2 Mens L Broccoli shirts

that was fun while it lasted!

base8

kibitzor wrote:**5 bags of guppy unboxing video**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMA8-JWl2hU

I got "Video is unavailable"

hjangis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjangis
The Tim wrote:Last time a Woot headed my way via SmartPost spent this long "in Kent," it popped up half a week later in Wisconsin, then in Indiana, before finally a week later coming back to Kent and then eventually making its way here to me in Kenmore.

Thanks for adding to my pessimism!

BTW and totally unrelated to woot, but I waste too much time reading Seattle Bubble. It's even more of an addiction than woot. So thanks for that!

dallya809

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallya809
amadensor wrote:If anyone needs to get rid of a Xyron bag, let me know. My wife has a scrapbooking "problem" and the therapy just isn't working.

Might want to post that over in the 3/27 thread. We're swimming in them over there.

joshbeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshbeu

Got mine yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with the haul!

Lots x bag of Texas air
1x green metal bowl
2x men's medium broccoli shirts
1x crank emergency radio and flashlight
1x monocular (any idea on brand or price?)
1x digital photo keychain
2x SANSA!!! 1 2gb, 1 4gb, both work, 4gb loaded with a bunch of modern rock music

Here's a picture:

The funny thing about the Sansas were that they were in boxes that have nothing to do with Sansa... 1 in a USB wireless adapter, and 1 in a plain cardboard box. Happy April Fools!

Josh

jestrosin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jestrosin
cs6ranger wrote:so here is the contents of my box of chorizo

1x camo woot monkey
1x omgwin! pail
1x woot letter

thank you woot gods!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anybody else notice the normally hand-written Woot note that appears to have been printed?

Come on, man...you may have fooled some but you haven't fooled the rest! April Fool's to you too!

bhyphenlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhyphenlow
jestrosin wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anybody else notice the normally hand-written Woot note that appears to have been printed?

Come on, man...you may have fooled some but you haven't fooled the rest! April Fool's to you too!

Did you watch the vid? Seems like an awful lot of trouble for a prank.

shoogles22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoogles22

Congratulations on the TV! Thats awesome!

stripdshirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stripdshirt

Just got this this morning On both my box of chorizo.....

Label/Receipt Number:

Your item was misrouted by the shipper. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz

Got my first bag today! (It came yesterday but I wasn't home so I had to pick it up at the post office)

5lbs 18x12x12

18 bags of fresh Texas air
(4 were tragically killed doing what they do best)

1 Dark green bucket

1 Yay broccoli shirt
1 Nevermore shirt
Both shirts are men's medium, exactly my size. I really wanted the Nevermore shirt when it first sold, but it sold out too quickly. How did woot know?

1 Random Philips accessory pack (CD, usb cable, earbuds)

1 crank flashlight/radio

1 1GB sansa clip
refurb, seems to work fine

1 4GB sansa e260
refurb, came in plastic with screen protector, works fine

1 Sprint bluetooth headset PHS-2 w/ charger
not sure if this works yet, needs to be charged

4 Sandisk sansa usb cables

2 sansa earbuds

May not have been quite as amazing as some of the bags, but I am more than happy with it. The Nevermore shirt alone would have been worth it to me. Thank you Woot!!

jkump150

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkump150

my crud from the woot-off had the usual stuff, I got the camera bag which is good.

My other box had a bunch of e200 Sansas, still having fun getting them work. Two of them had a problem running only with the battery. (one was blue ring with no screen) When you plug it in directly to the computer, it works. The solution was to open them up and find the coin battery on the board inside. Place a tiny piece of cardboard over it so that it applies pressure to the coin battery when the case is closed. Now it works!

It was funny when I found some data on the sansas, one even had pictures of a happy family in the hospital with their new baby! congrats!

I have a wall adaptor for an epicurean preservation system. PM me if anyone needs it.

If anyone has extra Sansa cables, PM me if you would like to trade something.

Thanks Woot!!

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot
base8 wrote:can any woot staff tell us if that is real? Awesome if it is. Congrats!

It's official.

Guapo77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Guapo77
threepiecewoot wrote:It's official.

damn why couldn't I win the TV lottery?

I need a new TV

hahah well congrats to the winner.

I still got a good prize.

queencityrunner

quality posts: 10 Private Messages queencityrunner
Vanstorm wrote:I disassembled and examined this more closely .. screen actually works, it is the backlight that is not functioning. Anyone know if this is fixable?

This link might have some suggestions:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50

someguy184

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someguy184

Opened my box last night:
1 x light blue bucket de Mexico
1 x 2 gig respiffed Sansa (doesn't turn on)
2 x 1 gig respiffed Sansas (one with cracked screen)
2 x broccoli shirts (XL)
1 x white ear buds
3 x cordless laptop mice
1 x remote for pinnacle tuner
1 x remote for??? (possibly a digital frame)
1 x 8Gb SD card
1 x crank radio/flashlight
16 x Texas air bags

A decent haul...nothing overly exciting. The fiancee already told me I can't wear my broccoli shirt in public :-( I'm most excited about the SD card and the earbuds, I managed to sever my Zune ear buds in the door of my car and have been using a cheap airline pair for quite some time now.

I'm up for trading...hopefully for a sansa cable!

Blogging Old CEO cherry finally popped 4/1/2008
Box of Chorizo +coupon code s-NAIL on 4/1/2009
Bundle of Cornucopias 12/1/2010

jimwessel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimwessel

I got my first-ever Bandolier of Carrots on 4/1 after a couple years of trying. Here's what I got:

5.1 lbs 18 x 12 x 12 with a small hole in the box.

12 bags of TX O2, a
1 small white buquet
2 Broccoli shirts, mens L
1 crank flashlight/radio
1 2gb Sansa e250r refurb, works fine, lots of spanish-language music
1 4gb Sansa e260 refurb, works fine, a few indie band songs
1 8gb Sansa e280 refurb, works fine, tons of Beatles/Led Zeppelin/live performances
2 Sansa headphones
0 Sansa data cables

If anyone has extra data cables, I could definitely use at least one - please PM. Strange how some people got tons of random cables! Hmm, maybe I had them and they fell out through the hole in my box...

For being my first guppy, I can't complain one bit! Thanks, Woot!