2Br02Btitq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 2Br02Btitq

Okay, how does this work?
"Easy Empty Bin – Button controlled system allows for a clean and hygienic way to discard dust and dirt it traps."
When emptying the bin what prevents the dust, pollen, dander, bacteria, viruses, nano particles etc. from escaping. If you dump it in a bag how would you extract the bin and close the bag without ending with a blast of the above in your face. Does it have to be emptied outside and then you wash your clothes?

Just noticed I have 1 quality post. I wish I knew which one that was so I could have it suitably printed, embossed, laminated then framed.

jrkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrkao

Some pretty good reviews here...

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1430385_dyson_dc25_ball_all_floors_upright_vacuum_reviews

although you could probably get better at the same price.

nunyadamnbizness

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nunyadamnbizness

We have owned a Dyson for 4 years now. It was a hand-me down from a friend who bought a new one (she had lost a gasket which I had to replace). Best vacuum that I have ever come across. One downside that I have found is that if you need a part for it, they have to be ordered from England and the shipping time takes at a minimum of 3 weeks. Other than that, best brand on the market as far as i am concerned. Cleans up great after 3 kids, 2 cats and a dog.

roystoyst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roystoyst
stevedog1 wrote:$239.99 with free shipping here:

http://www.arabscarf.com/items/1916_DYS-UVC-DC25ALLFLOORSIRON-SY

Sorry, maybe next time woot!

I checked out that pricing, and below, it shows a slightly different pricing.

Item Price in USD: $335.02

nunyadamnbizness

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nunyadamnbizness
2Br02Btitq wrote:Okay, how does this work?
"Easy Empty Bin – Button controlled system allows for a clean and hygienic way to discard dust and dirt it traps."
When emptying the bin what prevents the dust, pollen, dander, bacteria, viruses, nano particles etc. from escaping. If you dump it in a bag how would you extract the bin and close the bag without ending with a blast of the above in your face. Does it have to be emptied outside and then you wash your clothes?

It empties from the bottom, you push the button and the bottom lid swings open. I don't recommend holding over the trash can, instead you need to put it down close to the bottom before releasing the button.

Maximafr3ak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maximafr3ak
rjenkins79 wrote:GOOGLED it for 239.00 at scarf and co.

TRIED TO ORDER

At this point you can not complete payment and purchase on our site. We have an internal error, and can not accept orders.
Estimated time to repair: 31 days

Please do not email us at this time, we are aware of the problem.

WE ARE NOT TAKING NEW ORDERS AT THIS TIME.

kjaj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kjaj

bagless - say that at work in the morn

oppositemind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oppositemind

my hoover has been blowing through belts, so i'm in to see if this helps. I hope i dont regret the refurbished status....

lawin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawin

comon Woot. Its $40 bucks cheaper with a simple froogle search.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
mllewi1 wrote:This is a piece of guppy! I have a DC25 and would give it to you for a dollar! (plus $350 shiping! - I am pissed, not stupid!) I get static shocks when using it, it does not pick up as advertised & "never loses suction" EQUALS "we blow it back in your FACE!"

my parents have one and it shocks me a lot too... makes me a little nervous using it. the ball is also not nearly as easy to steer with as i expected; i do just as well with regular wheels.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

proxopspete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proxopspete

I own a DC18... don't regret a single bit!!

1x VuPoint 2MP Digital Camera
1x Maximo iM-490S iMetal Stereo Earphones
2x Kyocera Bluetooth Stereo Headset
1x Brown Zune 30GB
1x Razer Pro|Tone m100
2x Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX Webcam

stygiania

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stygiania

I have the animal model of Dyson and it does a great job of cleaning up the messes made by my 6-year-old and the hair left behind by my sheltie. Not as easy to use on stairs as they claim, but I've dealt with much worse. As for emptying the dust bin, just hold a plastic shopping bag over the bottom of it, press the button, give it a little shake, and then slowly lift the bin off the bag. No mess or dust cloud unless you have a hole in your plastic bag or drop the bag. Also very easy to remove and clean the brushes.

Re: Rainbow. Ugh. That sludge was a deal-breaker for me.

Six Woots
Fifteen Shirt.Woots
Five Kids.Woots

Stablenut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stablenut
HexMaster wrote:Can anyone tell me how well these compare to a Rainbow or Thermax?

I own both, and used my Rainbow for years. It did a great job, but I got tired of cleaning it all the time. I LOVE my Dyson - it does have a high-pitched whine, but cleans very well. I have mostly hardwood floors, and it goes from hardwood to the area rugs flawlessly. My favorite thing is the way the canister empties; it has a button that unlatches the bottom of the canister, dumping it precisely in the trash can. Rainbows are fine if you don't mind taking them apart and cleaning them every single time you use them. I wish I'd purchased a Dyson long ago. I bought mine on Woot last year. I have not used the Dyson Ball, but have no problem with my 4-wheeled one.

johnclay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnclay

I love woot, but seriously? You have a very loyal and large nerd customer base, so how do you justify selling so much damn cleaning equipment? I'm not going to get excited about cleaning even if the gutter cleaner is remote controlled; especially not if it's a vacuum cleaner that sits on a ball and costs as much as a television, or a lot of drugs. I'll stick with my 50 dollar vacuum cleaner and spend the rest of the money on anything else.

If you can justify this kind of money for a vacuum cleaner, you shouldn't be cleaning your own house in the first place.

kjaj

can't stand bagless vacuums and the mess - but it does look like you could see the toys that you suck-up

2Br02Btitq

2Br02Btitq wrote:
Okay, how does this work?

nunyadamnbizness wrote:It empties from the bottom, you push the button and the bottom lid swings open. I don't recommend holding over the trash can, instead you need to put it down close to the bottom before releasing the button.

This can be accomplished without blowback and inhalation of all the above particulates? I envision a cloud exemplifying "brownian motion" above the receptacle upon emptying the bin and a subsequent smaller cloud when closing the lid of the receptacle.

baronofthebean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baronofthebean

Dysons are too much about suck and not enough about suction.

bretaustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretaustin

owns a hotel. this makes 4 dysons. 3 wooted including the rooted. never uses anything elses.

Bret Austin

samueleads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samueleads

Another Dyson for cheaper on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Remanufactured-Dyson-09331-11-DC15-Floors/dp/B001AT3Q7O?tag=

boofaust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boofaust
stygiania wrote:I have the animal model of Dyson and it does a great job of cleaning up the messes made by my 6-year-old and the hair left behind by my sheltie. Not as easy to use on stairs as they claim, but I've dealt with much worse. As for emptying the dust bin, just hold a plastic shopping bag over the bottom of it, press the button, give it a little shake, and then slowly lift the bin off the bag. No mess or dust cloud unless you have a hole in your plastic bag or drop the bag. Also very easy to remove and clean the brushes.

Re: Rainbow. Ugh. That sludge was a deal-breaker for me.

I have been trying to decide between this one and the animal... any thoughts?

bretaustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretaustin
jqubed wrote:my parents have one and it shocks me a lot too... makes me a little nervous using it. the ball is also not nearly as easy to steer with as i expected; i do just as well with regular wheels.

thinks the dyson is the ONLY one that steers. you can't steers 4 fixed wheels now canz you?

Bret Austin

brhays

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brhays

If you're on a DC14 or DC07, this not only adds the Ball, but also a motorized brush bar.

Amazon has the DC15 for $225 shipped right now.

I researched what you get for the extra $60 for this Woot:

It's 4 pounds lighter...
Better quick release wand...
Easier to use kickstand...
New brush bar head (still motorized, just, better, er, head?).

I did the DC07, and now have the DC14, and would consider this, but I think I'll wait until I can upgrade by a factor of 2 again. C'mon DC28!

axion68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages axion68
samueleads wrote:Another Dyson for cheaper on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Remanufactured-Dyson-09331-11-DC15-Floors/dp/B001AT3Q7O?tag=

I believe the DC25 is the new version of the DC15. Apples to apples.

DanTheManRocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanTheManRocks
bretaustin wrote:thinks the dyson is the ONLY one that steers. you can't steers 4 fixed wheels now canz you?

ahh, but some (usually retro) vacuums have pivoting front wheels... so there! :-p

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

OK -- Would you really buy a vacuum from a website called arabscarf.com??

Anyway, they are not currently in stock. The site says try back in 31 days.

2Br02Btitq

[quote postid="3119824" user="stygiania"]I have the animal model of Dyson and it does a great job of cleaning up the messes made by my 6-year-old and the hair left behind by my sheltie.[quote]

I'd just toilet train the 6 year-old and leave it at that.

vagent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vagent

Bought a regular 4 wheel dyson about a year ago on Woot, refurb. First impression was "I spent this much on plastic junk?". Then we used it, best vac ever. No problems whatsoever, they do get tons of hair and dust that the cheapo vacs leave. Easy to use and empty. Love the clutch for when something indigestible gets sucked up, vs. burned belt rubber on the rug. They still wont pick up airsoft pellets though (14 yr old son spills them everywhere).

Roomba for easy weekly vacs, Dyson for once a week deep cleans. Life is better with clean carpets!

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

Sorry, maybe next time woot!

also I think this one for 239.30 is not a remanufactured one.

funny hu?

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

2Br02Btitq

kjaj wrote:steers are bagless too

Ouch! But correct. I only wish someone would of told me what a "prairie oyster" was before I ate it. I know, as good as it is, the Dyson couldn't embragle the mess I made after that experience.

kjaj

are these well made? seems like a lot of broken dysons out there to allow so many refurbs. stallion or gelding?

gosh7001

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gosh7001
colgate31 wrote:$285 for a REFURB vacuum cleaner? Tell me, can it also do card tricks and make margaritas?

Yeah ... it can. Mine does them all the time. We bring it out on the weekends when we have company and it entertains for hours. You should come over to see it and so I can also slap you around for awhile so you will never post useless messages again. O - watching the havoc - I guess that is what I am doing now.

But here is a good tid bit of info. I bought the DC15 on here about 2 years ago and love it. I have heard bad things about this model and I would stay away from it. Go for the DC 15, 14, or 17. Those are the bread and butter models for Dyson and they perform well.

Lithan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lithan

My mother used to work for a small businesswoman who cleans rich people's houses. They are good friends. I went to lunch with them on my mother's birthday and they were talking about work. Apparently some person who's house they clean has one of these (Dyson ballvac). This woman who cleans for a living had nothing good to say about them. Just putting that out there.

RudolfYaber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RudolfYaber
kjaj wrote:steers are bagless too

I asked my wife who grew up on a cattle farm, and she confirms that steers are indeed bagless.

In for 1

gosh7001

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gosh7001
Lithan wrote:My mother used to work for a small businesswoman who cleans rich people's houses. They are good friends. I went to lunch with them on my mother's birthday and they were talking about work. Apparently some person who's house they clean has one of these. This woman who cleans for a living had nothing good to say about them. Just putting that out there.

So you are basically saying that what you are telling us is hearsay, hearsay with a little more hearsay. Hmmm.... Wow ... Um .. Thanx for nothing.

kjaj

staying with bagged vacuum. talk about simple to empty - no mess - really no mess and me hoover has plenty of suck. stallion beats gelding every time.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

I'm not sure why they do this.

do they think we won't check?

seems like 239.30 with a 5 year warranty and free shipping is leading to the fact that these are really MUCH cheaper to build than the sellers are leading us to believe for the most part.

When I was a Kid I sold Kirby's for a living, I was a Champ at it. My Top week was 23 Heritage and I was rakeing in the big bucks.

I caught on to the whole Vac scam early on though and after a little over a year I just could not do it any longer. You See I knew what the cost was for my manager. I was selling vacs for 1700.00 plus and the cost to my manager was just over 140.00 per unit.
I was takeing Cars on trade, Jewlrey, all sorts of appliances. Even other Kirby's!
I sold Kirby's to people whos Homes were not worth what they were spending on the vac! and no matter what I took on trade I got to keep it and still made my commission of just over 220.00 a vac. Plus Bonuses.

The Kirby is a nice vac - I would never buy one new though and I would never pay more than 65.00 for a used one.

anyone ever sell Kirby's in the fayettville NC area?

we have a Dyson here at the House, its not a ball type. works fine - just like any other vac we have had and have. No better - no worse.

This one may be better from the looks of the reviews - I will never know till I see one at a garage sale however. LOL

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

LSPagans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LSPagans

I have this vacuum and LOVE it! It is so lightweight & easy to push, once you get used to the idea that the ball mechanism allows it to go around furniture and corners so easily.
It also allows you to push a button to switch from floors to carpet/rugs. No changing vacuums or settings, just a button.
The only drawback to me is the arm/attachments. If you need to do a lot of cleaning with attachments get a canister. Otherwise I would highly recommend this vac.
I bought mine brand new, though.

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

It just LOOKS like it would work well!

LSPagans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LSPagans
2Br02Btitq wrote:Okay, how does this work?

Just noticed I have 1 quality post. I wish I knew which one that was so I could have it suitably printed, embossed, laminated then framed.

The vac empties from the bottom. You remove the bagless canister with a push of a button. Then you push another button and the dust, lint, etc empties from the BOTTOM into your trash, thus avoiding that mess in your face.

kamjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamjoe

Dyson machines are way over priced. Non partisan consumer magazines rate them well below other makes that are half the price.