Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Boston Acoustics TVee2 Soundbar Speaker System with Wireless Subwoofer, for $149.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Boston Acoustics TVee Model 2 Soundbar Speaker System with Wireless Sub

Advanced E-Mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - the Toolbox for Wooters!

gbrewer3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gbrewer3

"Ensures your sound quality matches your video quality"

Does this imply that crappy video quality = crappy sound quality?

THWG!!!

KoraPlaya

quality posts: 26 Private Messages KoraPlaya

Some reviews over at amazon - not bad!

http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-TVee-Soundbar-Subwoofer/product-reviews/B000UTIB7A/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Im really happy for you and imma let you finish. but this is the worst signature of all time. ALL TIME!

SmokeHamster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SmokeHamster

laem, this is totally not worth 150 bucks. a friend of mine had one that broke immediatly after purchase

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

pantman1212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pantman1212

I sold a bunch of these when I worked at Circuit City. Only bad part is that there is only 1 analog audio in, so think again about hooking up multiple devices to this thing without a selector.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

I had other BA setups in the past. Always high quality and excellent sounding speakers. Seeing these for $250+ on other sites.

daleeburg

quality posts: 11 Private Messages daleeburg

Can a telephone or wireless network mess these up. Basically does anybody know what frequency they are on?

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

wish they were selling the black version, white just stands out like a sore thumb and doesn't go with most decor

amaxis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaxis
yeawuteva wrote:wish it came in black, white just stands out like a sore thumb and doesn't go with most decor

ditto

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
yeawuteva wrote:wish it came in black, white just stands out like a sore thumb and doesn't go with most decor

Or it will blend in to the walls if yours are white.

I like my signature.

amoses78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amoses78

Ya, the white color just isn't doing it for me...

Oovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oovan

A wireless sub is not going to have the thump you expect from a 'sub'. I'd say it's an excellent gift for a person in your life that likes treble a whole lot!

justapixel

quality posts: 15 Private Messages justapixel

I bought the mainstage sound system Woot had at the end of April and am really happy with it. On first glance, this would have been tempting though, although white would have killed it for me.

Product manual for those interested:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/PDFs/tvee_man.pdf

pantman1212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pantman1212
amaxis wrote:ditto

It does come in black but it is more ash-y than a true black.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Anyone have any idea if there is enough room below the speaker to put a Wii sensor bar?

The sensor bar supposedly works better below the TV and is supposed to hang off the edge of your TV stand, but obviously you also keep the speaker on the edge then there could be some conflict...

blakcbass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakcbass

This thing isn't worth more than $50.00 max.
Good Nite all!

sstass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sstass

that would deffinitely be my set, if we had a TV
i did get the 2.1 PC setup from BA a little bit ago. love them. best set of speakers under $150 I've owned. I remember selling this set, here, at Sears a year and a half ago. They sounded really good. Solid, quality materials. If you don't need massive suround sound for a mid size room, this is the set for you.

dbdigital

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dbdigital
amaxis wrote:ditto

Visit here for Black at same price:

http://www.dakmart.com/product_info.php?products_id=11098

reako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reako

My wife would LOVE THIS.........pass. I'll stick with my big nasty Klipsch RF-35's and A/D/S subwoofer from Woot! Function over form guys...

wootgoat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootgoat

Honestly, these things are overrated. They sound pretty good actually, but not in comparison to real surround sound. They do manage to save you quite a bit of space though at least.

yeawuteva

dbdigital wrote:Visit here for Black at same price:

GOOD LOOKIN' OUT, THANKS!

alohashirtshop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alohashirtshop

I had this and got rid of it. It uses your existing remote and "learns" it how to work the audio. Problem is you have to be 2 feet away from it to get it to respond. The wireless sub was pretty cool though.

toddfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddfast

Truly weird thing is how much Mad Ape sounds like an English translation from Japanese! Especially the use of 'thy'--exactly what you'd expect from an eager but misinformed, English-dictionary-toting Japanese copywriter.

Good job, guys. Domo arigato.

reako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reako

$28.58 shipping....

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213

Can one say for me why I may dig the new box duo and not my old big box set of its kin? I can say my set is meh and I may be big on a new box set.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I have had wireless subs before, and they do not deliver substantial bass - almost none in fact. If you don't have a separate source of bass, I wouldn't recommend this. If you're using it as a centre channel speaker (which I think you could do?) and you have fronts or a sub to provide bass, it could be good - I think BA sound is pretty good quality within its price range.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

EBrossette

quality posts: 12 Private Messages EBrossette

Here are some user reviews:

www.digitaltvreviews.net/?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=B000UTIB7A

yeawuteva

reako wrote:$28.58 shipping....

DOH!

brieanna

fairnymph wrote:I have had wireless subs before, and they do not deliver substantial bass - almost none in fact. If you don't have a separate source of bass, I wouldn't recommend this. If you're using it as a centre channel speaker (which I think you could do?) and you have fronts or a sub to provide bass, it could be good - I think BA sound is pretty good quality within its price range.

So....no floor bumpin?

I like my signature.

xmaclean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmaclean

Bologna or boloney, either way this product is one of those two. Realy good quality but it's like buying an american car "It won't last long". jeje

grtgrfx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages grtgrfx

The ones at DAK are refurbished.

turboboost

quality posts: 2 Private Messages turboboost

Does this have a digital input? What kind of audio connection does it have?

KcasMij

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KcasMij

What's easier to spray paint? This or my TV...

gslander

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gslander

REFURB !!!

WOOT = NEW
get creative, spray it black

The Difficult I do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer

grtgrfx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages grtgrfx
fairnymph wrote:I have had wireless subs before, and they do not deliver substantial bass - almost none in fact. If you don't have a separate source of bass, I wouldn't recommend this. If you're using it as a centre channel speaker (which I think you could do?) and you have fronts or a sub to provide bass, it could be good - I think BA sound is pretty good quality within its price range.

Don't understand why this would be true. The sub has its own amp so you don't need power from the wire, and it's obviously possible to stream high-quality audio wirelessly. Aside from that, the bass frequencies aren't even that dynamic or high-bandwidth. (Without listening for myself) I'd have to theorize that the sub could sound fine if the wireless system is any good.

oreotookie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages oreotookie

CNet has it rated as very good at the $179 + price (from TigerDirect and CompUSA --- both refurbs). Best Buy has it for $399.99 . The user reviews are 3 / 5 stars.

Consumer reports rates it 49 / 100, but to be fair the highest soundbar system had a rating of 66. It was in the middle of the rankings, so I guess it isn't too bad taking that into consideration.

Seems like a great price for new system. Anything close is a refurb.

brieanna

turboboost wrote:Does this have a digital input? What kind of audio connection does it have?

Pantman said:

"I sold a bunch of these when I worked at Circuit City. Only bad part is that there is only 1 analog audio in, so think again about hooking up multiple devices to this thing without a selector."

I like my signature.

gslander

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gslander
pantman1212 wrote:I sold a bunch of these when I worked at Circuit City. Only bad part is that there is only 1 analog audio in, so think again about hooking up multiple devices to this thing without a selector.

it is just stereo sound Sooooo run it off the audio output of the TV

The Difficult I do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer