Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:$$$ for you or it cost the company?

both

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:both

Great!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:She hasn't heard what it is yet. She's not going to want it. Basically, she wants to be 60 again and doesn't understand why there's not a magic pill to make her better.

When I'm 89 I'm sure I'll want a pill to make me 60 (or younger) too!

Evening all. Just got in. Played with the kids in the yard, but we really need to do dinner. Got the AC running to get the house cool since there is no breeze tonight.

Beware the V'owls screech!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Great!

sorry about your m-i-l. It's never easy at that age. It is always a quality of life issue.
My f-i-l refuses to have any surgery.So what do you do? he is 86 and of sound mind.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:sorry about your m-i-l. It's never easy at that age. It is always a quality of life issue.
My f-i-l refuses to have any surgery.So what do you do? he is 86 and of sound mind.

Yep, that's what she's been saying for years, no surgery. If she'd had surgery on her knee years ago, she wouldn't be basically walking on her ankle bone now. Which I would think might have something to do with her back? But maybe not.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:both

Anything you can tell us about this?

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Anything you can tell us about this?

Among my many talents I am a licensed asbestos abatement supervisor. The university I work for is full of asbestos soooo......win /win

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Yep, that's what she's been saying for years, no surgery. If she'd had surgery on her knee years ago, she wouldn't be basically walking on her ankle bone now. Which I would think might have something to do with her back? But maybe not.

A person will adjust their gait to compensate for a cronic pain so it very well could affect their back over time.

edit// did I mention I used to be a Firefighter/EMT?

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Among my many talents I am a licensed asbestos abatement supervisor. The university I work for is full of asbestos soooo......win /win

There aren't many buildings not full of asbestos.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:There aren't many buildings not full of asbestos.

most buildings built before 1985 have it in the insulation,drywall,tile grout,floor tile, ceiling tiles etc...

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Are men allowed to wear Messenger Bags?

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

IE: would people be more likely to think I am a homosexual then they already do?

Erm... My grammar bad. Did I already ask this?

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
FenStar wrote:IE: would people be more likely to think I am a homosexual then they already do?

There something wrong with that? *glare*

Anyway, no. Messenger bags are practically made for the express reason of letting a man carry a purse without it being a purse.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Are men allowed to wear Messenger Bags?

I think it is fine, especially if said bag is toting a laptop. The guys on campus here wear them and none of them are obvious members of the GLBT community, not that it really matters what other people think. I would however avoid the neon pink and the purple with flowers ones.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Are men allowed to wear Messenger Bags?

"Over the course of the last few years, messenger bags have taken over, and not just with girls and women. Several boys and men were actually among the first to use messenger bags to help make their load lighter.

Whether you're a teen or a terminally hip adult; male or female, you're sure to appreciate the advantages that a good messenger bag has to offer"

Looks that way.

KtCallista

LittleMissRachel wrote:There something wrong with that? *glare*

Anyway, no. Messenger bags are practically made for the express reason of letting a man carry a purse without it being a purse.

Don't be too hard on fen, sometimes he types stuff (especially to bypass the filter) and it comes out as weird or offensive, or just wrong. Fen really is a nice guy. Plus it's late where he is.

FenStar

LittleMissRachel wrote:There something wrong with that? *glare*

Well, there are only so many times people can ask you if you are simply delightful before it gets old. this looks cute Really though, the question is if my family will let me wear it, of if they will complain the whole time about me being embarrassing.

FenStar

Yea, sorry. I didn't mean that in an offensive way. I'm sort of tired, but trying to stay up so I can sleep on the trip tomorrow, and my eating is off, etc. Combined with my normal lack of sense so...

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Well, there are only so many times people can ask you if you are simply delightful before it gets old. this looks cute Really though, the question is if my family will let me wear it, of if they will complain the whole time about me being embarrassing.

If you're talking about the one you linked to, yes, your family will complain.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:Well, there are only so many times people can ask you if you are simply delightful before it gets old. this looks cute Really though, the question is if my family will let me wear it, of if they will complain the whole time about me being embarrassing.

I like it! Orc's mixed on it. He kinda likes it, but he's undecided (of course he bought me a cavu purse and we used it as a diaper bag and he wore that - no one questions his sexual orientation though). He says he has seen some great anime themed messenger bags.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:If you're talking about the one you linked to, yes, your family will complain.

But it is cute, and on sale!

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:I like it! Orc's mixed on it. He kinda likes it, but he's undecided (of course he bought me a cavu purse and we used it as a diaper bag and he wore that - no one questions his sexual orientation though). He says he has seen some great anime themed messenger bags.

We are going to dragon-con and I felt I should have something for any swag and stuff I get. Gurren Lagan isn't my favorite anime, but I don't really have a favorite. The design on this one seems good and is on sale so I was thinking about it. A gintama one would be cool though.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:But it is cute, and on sale!

Feeeeeeen!

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Feeeeeeen!

I have a mythwear wallet that I like a lot and was thinking about getting a bag from them, but it looks like they are out of business.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:
I have a mythwear wallet that I like a lot and was thinking about getting a bag from them, but it looks like they are out of business.

bummer. . . .

Up here no one would think twice of you carrying that bag, down there. . . . you'd probably be fine at Dragoncon (HAVE A GREAT TIME *insert jealousy here*). Wearing it other places will be the snag for you.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:bummer. . . .

Up here no one would think twice of you carrying that bag, down there. . . . you'd probably be fine at Dragoncon (HAVE A GREAT TIME *insert jealousy here*). Wearing it other places will be the snag for you.

No, just wearing it in the house will.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:No, just wearing it in the house will.

I feel for my niece and coming niece or nephew more and more. . . They are gonna grow up down there. . . so sad.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I feel for my niece and coming niece or nephew more and more. . . They are gonna grow up down there. . . so sad.

Are you inferring that the entire South is homophobic?

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:bummer. . . .

I doubt It will be as good as otakon, (had a ton of fun there) but this is a lot closer.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Are you inferring that the entire South is homophobic?

No, just 99.99999999999999999999999% of the south is homophobic.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:No, just 99.99999999999999999999999% of the south is homophobic.

C'mon, Fen, you know that's not true.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel

Not really that much moreso than the rest of the country (with a few exceptions in either direction)...on the whole they tend to be more vocal & in-your-face about it, in my experience.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:C'mon, Fen, you know that's not true.

Most people in the south hate simply delightful people.

FenStar

FenStar wrote:Most people in the south hate simply delightful people.

They also hate people who aren't white.
People who aren't the same religion.
Really, they just hate everyone.

pooflady

LittleMissRachel wrote:Not really that much moreso than the rest of the country (with a few exceptions in either direction)...on the whole they tend to be more vocal & in-your-face about it, in my experience.

Okay, I'll buy that.
So, KtC, you don't think your sister will be able to raise the kids so that sexual preference doesn't matter?

KtCallista

Actually it wasn't just homophobia I was referring to, it's the culture down there, very closed minded, in a sad kinda way. It's very closed off and unwelcoming to change or outsiders. . .

FenStar

LittleMissRachel wrote:Not really that much moreso than the rest of the country (with a few exceptions in either direction)...on the whole they tend to be more vocal & in-your-face about it, in my experience.

I always like it when you talk to someone about something (like simply delightful marriage) and they bring up how they "have simply delightful friends" so they don't have anything against simply delightful people.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Okay, I'll buy that.
So, KtC, you don't think your sister will be able to raise the kids so that sexual preference doesn't matter?

Sister-in-law. . . I don't know, honestly. My brother-in-law (Orc's bro) he gets some pretty restrictive ideas in his head and really has adapted to the stuff I was talking about. It's kinda odd, my sister-in-law, who is native South Carolinian, seems more open minded, but maybe that just because she remembers her own mistakes. . . .

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:Actually it wasn't just homophobia I was referring to, it's the culture down there, very closed minded, in a sad kinda way. It's very closed off and unwelcoming to change or outsiders. . .

If I was an African American, or an Asian, I would not live in the south. I would be afraid someone was going to kill me in the middle of the night.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:If I was an African American, or an Asian, I would not live in the south. I would be afraid someone was going to kill me in the middle of the night.

That right there is very sad. My daughters both have best friends who are Asian. As in their parents are immigrants here. Ver1 talks weekly about taking a trip to Taiwan to visit friends. In their play they travel to Taiwan.

I'm not going to say it's safer here, we have our own eccentric extremist groups, but. . . .