no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

personally, i would install an update to ie, but i would not elect to allow it to provide automatic feedback to micro$oft, if that is what it's asking.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
no1 wrote:personally, i would install an update to ie, but i would not elect to allow it to provide automatic feedback to micro$oft, if that is what it's asking.

To date I've not seen any significant issues caused by having IE8 installed. If you were using it as your main browser I might be a little more wary just because I haven't done much website compatability testing, but since you use FF I think I'm gonna have to agree with no1 on this.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
LittleMissRachel wrote:To date I've not seen any significant issues caused by having IE8 installed. If you were using it as your main browser I might be a little more wary just because I haven't done much website compatability testing, but since you use FF I think I'm gonna have to agree with no1 on this.

I have to pick one of the following before I can install.

I want to help improve Internet Explorer.

I-do-not-want to participate right now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I have to pick one of the following before I can install.

I want to help improve Internet Explorer.

I-do-not-want to participate right now.

If you want to follow No1's advice choose "I-do-not-want to participate right now. "

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Thanks everybody.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

evening all.

got home a little while ago from delivering new cell phone to niece. had to get an insurance replacement. She broke the screen on hers. I told her if she breaks it again within 12 months of today she's SOL. They'll cancel the insurance if there are 2 claims in a 12 month period.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

evening all. stupid wireless router broke. it may or may not be covered under warranty by the internet company. I suppose I may have to buy one myself...*sigh*

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Evening all!

In the end only kindness matters

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
Iceback wrote:Evening all!

Hi ya IB!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy all.

Poof, on IE8. I had it installed at work & home and had problems at both places. I've uninstalled it at home but couldn't get it to uninstall at work. It would randomly not load pages for me.

It pains me to say it, but I wouldn't go to IE8 yet.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folksies. Guess I'm not probied anymore.

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Howdy all.

Poof, on IE8. I had it installed at work & home and had problems at both places. I've uninstalled it at home but couldn't get it to uninstall at work. It would randomly not load pages for me.

It pains me to say it, but I wouldn't go to IE8 yet.

Thanks Daj. It's gone. Let me know if you think they've got the bugs worked out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Hi folksies. Guess I'm not probied anymore.

You were probed????? By aliens????

Glad you're back. I missed all the excitement.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Thanks Daj. It's gone. Let me know if you think they've got the bugs worked out.

Will do. It's probably installed on son's new laptop that he's getting on Thursday. We'll see how that goes.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DA59 wrote:You were probed????? By aliens????

Glad you're back. I missed all the excitement.

Missing an 'I' in there. Yeah, Guess my link to my Threadless design had an affiliate tag in there, which got me put in the 4-day penalty box. Of course, simply removing the tag and letting me know via PM wasn't good enough. Especially since I didn't know that it was wrong. But now, I certainly know not to do it ever again.

Ya live and learn...

kdccrosby

SkekTek wrote:Missing an 'I' in there. Yeah, Guess my link to my Threadless design had an affiliate tag in there, which got me put in the 4-day penalty box. Of course, simply removing the tag and letting me know via PM wasn't good enough. Especially since I didn't know that it was wrong. But now, I certainly know not to do it ever again.

Ya live and learn...

Did the Cameesa link have the same problem? the killer sponge isn't in your sig anymore either....

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
DA59 wrote:Whew, been busy today. That and a long lunch with finance dude has keep me away.

Got a call from asst principal on son. Sigh. Son pissed off AP. Sounds like AP is easily pissed off. Told son I'd ignore it but if I get another call this week, he's toast.

ooo! ooo! what'd he do?!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

kdccrosby

jqubed wrote:ooo! ooo! what'd he do?!

My inner nosiness is showing - I'm curious too!

ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:ooo! ooo! what'd he do?!

The story that I have is that son has been trying to check in his books for days. They only do checking during passing period and stop as soon as the bell rings. This is with 2000 kids. He has early Sr release so he tried to get them checked in after the bell because he had no class. The AP said wait 5 minutes. Son started humming and this up set the AP who told son to be quiet. Son made noises (which he just does all the time... drives me nuts too). AP got PO'd and told son to sit down over somewhere. Then took son to office (son hummed and made noises along the way -- nervous). Upset AP more. he called me. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Edit: I wonder if AP was upset because he recognized the song son was humming: Theme to Mr Ed.

FORUM MODERATOR

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:The story that I have is that son has been trying to check in his books for days. They only do checking during passing period and stop as soon as the bell rings. This is with 2000 kids. He has early Sr release so he tried to get them checked in after the bell because he had no class. The AP said wait 5 minutes. Son started humming and this up set the AP who told son to be quiet. Son made noises (which he just does all the time... drives me nuts too). AP got PO'd and told son to sit down over somewhere. Then took son to office (son hummed and made noises along the way -- nervous). Upset AP more. he called me. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Edit: I wonder if AP was upset because he recognized the song son was humming: Theme to Mr Ed.

That is a very small thing for the AP to get SO mad about.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:That is a very small thing for the AP to get SO mad about.

The only thing the AP said to me was that son started humming and he was sending him home. AP was very put out about something.

FORUM MODERATOR

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:The only thing the AP said to me was that son started humming and he was sending him home. AP was very put out about something.

er - wasn't he already going to be headed home on early release?

if the AP didn't have a rep as an easily-pissed off person I would say maybe it was b/c of the end of the school year. kids getting restless and more bad behavior in general could be giving everyone short fuses...

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:er - wasn't he already going to be headed home on early release?

if the AP didn't have a rep as an easily-pissed off person I would say maybe it was b/c of the end of the school year. kids getting restless and more bad behavior in general could be giving everyone short fuses...

I mentioned to AP that son was getting frustrated in trying to get his books checked in. AP popped off that he was getting frustrated too because he'd been doing it for 9 days. Sigh. I asked if he wanted me to talk to son on phone. NO! I'm sending him home. Son asked to talk to me and AP told him to be quiet. Like I say, much ado about nothing.

Told son to keep his mouth shut tomorrow when he attempts once again to turn in his books. (AP said he had to come at 7:30 in a.m. or tomorrow after school -- that being 3:30 when he gets out at 2:00.

FORUM MODERATOR

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:I mentioned to AP that son was getting frustrated in trying to get his books checked in. AP popped off that he was getting frustrated too because he'd been doing it for 9 days. Sigh. I asked if he wanted me to talk to son on phone. NO! I'm sending him home. Son asked to talk to me and AP told him to be quiet. Like I say, much ado about nothing.

Told son to keep his mouth shut tomorrow when he attempts once again to turn in his books. (AP said he had to come at 7:30 in a.m. or tomorrow after school -- that being 3:30 when he gets out at 2:00.

It's decided. AP is definitely a jerk.

jqubed

DA59 wrote:I mentioned to AP that son was getting frustrated in trying to get his books checked in. AP popped off that he was getting frustrated too because he'd been doing it for 9 days. Sigh. I asked if he wanted me to talk to son on phone. NO! I'm sending him home. Son asked to talk to me and AP told him to be quiet. Like I say, much ado about nothing.

what does the assistant principal have to do with him checking in books anyway?

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:what does the assistant principal have to do with him checking in books anyway?

AP is the one doing it.

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal

Yikes! That embrangles for son!!

Although, this time of year my kids are driving me absolutely bonkers because they're so ready to be out. It's taking all the patience I can possibly muster to be patient with my kids this time of year. They are so wild and crazy and think rules and procedures don't apply to the last week of school!

Not to justify the AP's actions, but he might be feeling similarly frazzled at the end of the year. Also, if he doesn't know your son all that well he could see the humming as defiance and not just a habit.

I'm not trying to say he was right, I'm just giving an alternate opinion.

Two and a half days! Just two and a half more days!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Yikes! That embrangles for son!!

Although, this time of year my kids are driving me absolutely bonkers because they're so ready to be out. It's taking all the patience I can possibly muster to be patient with my kids this time of year. They are so wild and crazy and think rules and procedures don't apply to the last week of school!

Not to justify the AP's actions, but he might be feeling similarly frazzled at the end of the year. Also, if he doesn't know your son all that well he could see the humming as defiance and not just a habit.

I'm not trying to say he was right, I'm just giving an alternate opinion.

Two and a half days! Just two and a half more days!!

Agree on all points. That's why I'm not bugging son about it and am just telling him to keep his trap shut tomorrow.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, this thing is awesome!

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
DA59 wrote:Agree on all points. That's why I'm not bugging son about it and am just telling him to keep his trap shut tomorrow.

For sure! Hopefully book checking in goes smoothly and the year for all ends quickly!

ThunderThighs

Staff

For Dname & Rusty

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:For sure! Hopefully book checking in goes smoothly and the year for all ends quickly!

Son doesn't want school year to end. He doesn't want to grow up. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR

kdccrosby

ugh! Astros just went in to overtime.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Son doesn't want school year to end. He doesn't want to grow up. Sigh.

I was ready to get out of high school, but not college!

jqubed

kdccrosby wrote:I was ready to get out of high school, but not college!

i was ready for both

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:i was ready for both

Here's an excerpt from his invitation to pizza to the family:

Here's the problem. I don't want to graduate. I don't want to grow up. I don't want to be an adult. But I am forced to make plans. Next year I'm going to XXXX to get some basic courses out of the way, and because it has been stated I am too immature to be released on a regular University. Please wish me luck.

Mom asked me where I wanted to go after the graduation ceremony. I suggested Chuck-E-Cheese. After an earful of why this was the reason I'm to immature too go off on my own. SHE compromised on XXXXX. I didn't have any complaints.

FORUM MODERATOR

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Here's an excerpt from his invitation to pizza to the family:

Here's the problem. I don't want to graduate. I don't want to grow up. I don't want to be an adult. But I am forced to make plans. Next year I'm going to XXXX to get some basic courses out of the way, and because it has been stated I am too immature to be released on a regular University. Please wish me luck.

Mom asked me where I wanted to go after the graduation ceremony. I suggested Chuck-E-Cheese. After an earful of why this was teh reason I'm to immature to go off on my own. SHE compromised on XXXXX. I didn't have any complaints.

*snicker* - I shouldn't laugh - I know this... but I did. at least he's honest?

Edit: did he want to go away to a University? my parents made me... not sure what that says about me, or them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:*snicker* - I shouldn't laugh - I know this... but I did. at least he's honest?

I told him to be himself in it. He was. That's him through and through.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Son doesn't want school year to end. He doesn't want to grow up. Sigh.

Tell him to move here. Hubby refuses to believe his children are adults.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:*snicker* - I shouldn't laugh - I know this... but I did. at least he's honest?

Edit: did he want to go away to a University? my parents made me... not sure what that says about me, or them.

No, he absolutely did not want to go away to college. He knows that next year he will have to if he wants to go into the art area that he's chosen. He was definitely not one that was ready to go off to college.

FORUM MODERATOR