ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Just made out a list of dinners for the next two weeks. I'm so tired of trying to come up with something at the last minute and always had at least one ingredient missing. Used to do this all the time when the kids were still here. Grocery shopping once a week, period. Not now.

Too organized for me.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

I wonder if Dname will tell us about "the drama."

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
DA59 wrote:I wonder if Dname will tell us about "the drama."

Yeah.what a tease!

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

Staff

A project for Joe & kids

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:Chicken cacciatorre for dinner . . . yummmm

Was hoping for chicken tetrazzini...

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Was hoping for chicken tetrazzini...

And instead you got?

Steak here, fried potatoes w/onions, green beans.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

pooflady wrote:And instead you got?

Steak here, fried potatoes w/onions, green beans.

Lasagna for lupper after church @ Luigi's
mmmmmmmmgood!

Iceback

<---thread killer

ok I killed it....
I'm sorry!

ThunderThighs

Staff

All the Fiestaware is down and washed. Letting them air dry for a couple hours before packing them away.

May have to get son over here one day to move the boxes upstairs to the attic.

FORUM MODERATOR

Iceback

DA59 wrote:All the Fiestaware is down and washed. Letting them air dry for a couple hours before packing them away.

May have to get son over here one day to move the boxes upstairs to the attic.

But aren't you planning on moving sometime in the near future?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:But aren't you planning on moving sometime in the near future?

If someone would buy this damn house, yes.

FORUM MODERATOR

Iceback

DA59 wrote:If someone would buy this damn house, yes.

Someone will.
I was just asking cause you move those boxes to the attic you're just going to have to take them all down soon...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:Someone will.
I was just asking cause you move those boxes to the attic you're just going to have to take them all down soon...

Yeah but I'm in an ultra-snobby community that looks down on wallpaper. What do you think they'd do if they saw boxes in my kitchen?

EDIT: I'm lucky that it's a walk-in attic.

FORUM MODERATOR

Iceback

DA59 wrote:Yeah but I'm in an ultra-snobby community that looks down on wallpaper. What do you think they'd do if they saw boxes in my kitchen?

EDIT: I'm lucky that it's a walk-in attic.

I forgot ~laughing~
The HOA cops would probably be kickin down the door.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:I forgot ~laughing~
The HOA cops would probably be kickin down the door.

The funny part? Our little 10-block subsection of another neighborhood has no HOA. The larger neighborhood won't let us join theirs. Saves me money.

FORUM MODERATOR

Iceback

DA59 wrote:The funny part? Our little 10-block subsection of another neighborhood has no HOA. The larger neighborhood won't let us join theirs. Saves me money.

WOW.a fairly new subdivision in Texas without an HOA? Unheard of!
I bought into an older subdivision so I didn't have to deal with an HOA. I hate being told what I can and cannot do to my home. I live in a good older neighbourhood,most of the people on my street have been here since it was built in '65 so they take pride in their houses without being forced to. It has very few rental homes which in this area so close to one of the .2 universities is a rarity

Iceback

DA59 wrote:The funny part? Our little 10-block subsection of another neighborhood has no HOA. The larger neighborhood won't let us join theirs. Saves me money.

WOW.a fairly new subdivision in Texas without an HOA? Unheard of!
I bought into an older subdivision so I didn't have to deal with an HOA. I hate being told what I can and cannot do to my home. I live in a good older neighbourhood,most of the people on my street have been here since it was built in '65 so they take pride in their houses without being forced to. It has very few rental homes which in this area so close to one of the .2 universities is a rarity

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:WOW.a fairly new subdivision in Texas without an HOA? Unheard of!

I'm becoming a fan of them after looking at houses. People don't seem to keep up their yards and other stuff in the neighborhoods without them. I'm sure some of it is that the people bought more house than they could afford.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Anyone ever done anything with bananas on the grill?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Anyone ever done anything with bananas on the grill?

Not here.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Someone about a quarter mile away is setting off some big fireworks. You can occasionally see the white or red. The reason you can only occasionally see it is because THE SUN'S STILL SHINING!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Someone about a quarter mile away is setting off some big fireworks. You can occasionally see the white or red. The reason you can only occasionally see it is because THE SUN'S STILL SHINING!!!

LOL. Harder for the fire department to find them...they think.

Occasional fire crackers going off here.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

One box full and taped up. Not enough Fiesta left for another box. I may find a place to hide it until the painting is scheduled. When that's done, I'm going to have to remove about 20+ family pictures (old family pics) from one wall. I'll just pack those away at that time.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Off to watch some Maverick and have a strawberry daiquiri.

FORUM MODERATOR

Iceback

DA59 wrote:Off to watch some Maverick and have a strawberry daiquiri.

Enjoy!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Anyone ever done anything with bananas on the grill?

had them on fruit kabobs we did on the grill. They were most excellent!

//looking for recipe

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:had them on fruit kabobs we did on the grill. They were most excellent!

//looking for recipe

There was a recipe on a coupon, just said put on grill for five minutes on each side and add toppings. Tried choc. syrup and it was "eh." But I read some stuff on line about butter and brown sugar under the broiler that sounds pretty good.

pooflady

PDucky must be busy this weekend.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:There was a recipe on a coupon, just said put on grill for five minutes on each side and add toppings. Tried choc. syrup and it was "eh." But I read some stuff on line about butter and brown sugar under the broiler that sounds pretty good.

can't find the recipe. but it was a glaze based with rum & brown sugar

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:can't find the recipe. but it was a glaze based with rum & brown sugar

Oh, sounds good.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:can't find the recipe. but it was a glaze based with rum & brown sugar

Is that similar to Bananas Foster? Love that!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi people, did I miss anything?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Hi people, did I miss anything?

DNAME!!!!

Welcome home! How was the return trip?

WHAT THE HECK WAS THE DRAMA!?!?!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:DNAME!!!!

Welcome home! How was the return trip?

WHAT THE HECK WAS THE DRAMA!?!?!

Lets see.....by the end of the day one brother was "dead to me" to another.
But another brother in law called them both and told them life was too short for this stuff. This b i l was in the FDNY on 9/11 and is the same guy who's brother drowned in the pool two years ago.
So I don't think the split will stay for more than a few weeks.

I will tell the story, day by day, but I might just go to bed tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Lets see.....by the end of the day one brother was "dead to me" to another.
But another brother in law called them both and told them life was too short for this stuff. This b i l was in the FDNY on 9/11 and is the same guy who's brother drowned in the pool two years ago.

Gonna drag it out like a 4-part mini series?!?!

I agree with the Life's too Short theory...especially with family. At least where possible.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Lets see.....by the end of the day one brother was "dead to me" to another.

What a tease!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:What a tease!

definitely a tease!

I agree that life is too short for that. Although there are times when I'd like to permanently disown my family, it never lasts.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lets see.

deleted stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh, when host was putting out the food after the blow up she said "we never should have hosted this bbq"

Well I'm thinking, here is the problem.
We were thinking they were inviting us up for a few days and they were thinking we would go up, do our own thing for a few days and come over one day for a bbq!

Yeah, we wanted to sit in traffic for a 4 hour bbq
Southern brother traveled 17 hours with two kids for a bbq!

Plus we had NO clue his yard was a hill and a small hill! No place for a dog to run around. Very busy road a few feet away . 3 people came with dogs thinking they could all play.

Oh, another sister was told she couldn't watch TV.
She was watching with her dad...they guy who just got out of the hospital! I guess they had to sit on the deck and hope it didn't rain again.

Host wife mentioned, while she was crying, about how she didn't invite people to her house to watch tv or take naps!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

What fun!!!
At least it was mainly an "us" against "them" situation where none of the nonhost people were happy.