pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I'd still take the money option over you putting them in. The people looking at your house must be weird. Maybe that's the problem.

Yeah, me, too. Do you think two weeks was long enough?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I'd still take the money option over you putting them in. The people looking at your house must be weird. Maybe that's the problem.

You'd think so. I'm offer $6K. That's almost 2 grand more than I'm going to spend.

They're snobs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Yeah, me, too. Do you think two weeks was long enough?

I wonder if the option is being mentioned when the house is shown? Maybe you could make a tasteful cue-card.... "Picture this kitchen with new appliances of your choosing.... $$$$ Option available"

--- Don't take anything I say too seriously, right now my brain is still locked in sleep and sick mode.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yeah, me, too. Do you think two weeks was long enough?

It'll be the end of the week before they're ordered. Another week or more before they're installed. I guess we'll find out.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Daj, this is what I get when I try to order those inflatable frisbees. Can you translate for me?

JustAddCommerce Security Warning

The referring web page's URL does not match the URL that you set in the security section of your JustAddCommerce Merchant Account.

You may see this warning if you are using a Proxy server that masks your Internet identity. If this is the case, you will need to contact the merchant by phone or email to complete your order.

This feature insures that your product information is original and not modified by a potential hacker who may want to change your pricing.

If you need to test your site on a local computer before uploading it to your web server, you will need to disable the security feature in the Options section of your JustAddCommerce Merchant Account.

For additional help, refer to http://www.richmediatech.com/web/support/index.asp

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I wonder if the option is being mentioned when the house is shown? Maybe you could make a tasteful cue-card.... "Picture this kitchen with new appliances of your choosing.... $$$$ Option available"

--- Don't take anything I say too seriously, right now my brain is still locked in sleep and sick mode.

There's a big sign sitting out in a glass frame on the kitchen counter. Can't miss it. Realtor didn't put it in the MLS because that turns people off -- they walk in expecting things to be wrong. I agree with that sentiment. This gets them in the door and then makes the offer.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Daj, this is what I get when I try to order those inflatable frisbees. Can you translate for me?

JustAddCommerce Security Warning

The referring web page's URL does not match the URL that you set in the security section of your JustAddCommerce Merchant Account.

You may see this warning if you are using a Proxy server that masks your Internet identity. If this is the case, you will need to contact the merchant by phone or email to complete your order.

This feature insures that your product information is original and not modified by a potential hacker who may want to change your pricing.

If you need to test your site on a local computer before uploading it to your web server, you will need to disable the security feature in the Options section of your JustAddCommerce Merchant Account.

For additional help, refer to http://www.richmediatech.com/web/support/index.asp

Never seen that before. Just to be safe, why not call them to place the order.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Never seen that before. Just to be safe, why not call them to place the order.

Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

On the other hand...there's only a phone number (not 800) to leave a voice mail on. I'm getting a little nervous about this site.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Well that was a pleasant surprise...

For some reason I though I only got two weeks vacation time at my job, but when I went to look at my leave status today I found that not only am I actually getting 3 weeks a year, I carried over most of a week from last year too.

Maybe it's because my wife only got two weeks at her job that I assumed I had the same?

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:On the other hand...there's only a phone number (not 800) to leave a voice mail on. I'm getting a little nervous about this site.

Not sure what the product is you're trying to buy, but it sounds like a small business using a pre-made e-commerce site which either they set up wrong, or got hacked without their knowing.

Either way, I'd at least leave them a message to let them know about the problem.

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Well that was a pleasant surprise...

For some reason I though I only got two weeks vacation time at my job, but when I went to look at my leave status today I found that not only am I actually getting 3 weeks a year, I carried over most of a week from last year too.

Maybe it's because my wife only got two weeks at her job that I assumed I had the same?

Well congrats! That is a wonderful surprise!

pooflady

How great. You get to be Mr. Mom for a couple weeks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:On the other hand...there's only a phone number (not 800) to leave a voice mail on. I'm getting a little nervous about this site.

Which place are you ordering from?

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Nice!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Which place are you ordering from?

Ah-ha! The original site is back online - no skin care products. Couldn't order online, but called them. She said their site was down for a while and was still messed up, didn't know anything about the skin care products. But my order is placed.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! We are back home in the mountains. It's cold here! It's only 84! We left the beach at 7am got here at 2pm, unloaded the car, visited FIL, bought a gallon of milk and a frozen pizza and sat down! Hubby put the pizza in the oven. I need to wash clothes. I left a basket full here but not until after pizza.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Ah-ha! The original site is back online - no skin care products. Couldn't order online, but called them. She said their site was down for a while and was still messed up, didn't know anything about the skin care products. But my order is placed.

YAY! As long as it's ordered!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

DA59 wrote:YAY! As long as it's ordered!

YES!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:YES!

woohoo!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! We are back home in the mountains. It's cold here! It's only 84! We left the beach at 7am got here at 2pm, unloaded the car, visited FIL, bought a gallon of milk and a frozen pizza and sat down! Hubby put the pizza in the oven. I need to wash clothes. I left a basket full here but not until after pizza.

Joyner, have you read anything by P.C. Cast? I bought one yesterday just because of one of the first lines. It seems Venus, Athena and Hera are talking and Venus says, "I have to tell you darlings, the Trojan War is making my ass hurt." I'm really hoping the rest of the book lives up to this.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Joyner, have you read anything by P.C. Cast? I bought one yesterday just because of one of the first lines. It seems Venus, Athena and Hera are talking and Venus says, "I have to tell you darlings, the Trojan War is making my ass hurt." I'm really hoping the rest of the book lives up to this.

No I haven't but it sounds great! I think I'll text one of my favorite librarians and ask if they have read any of them. I had one book out of a several different series with me at the beach. One set in a coffee house in NY. I'll get the author after pizza and laundry. BTW the SC serial killer was shot in NC while trying to acquire more victims.

edit: They have a stack of books for me. Might be one of them. Not sure!

KtCallista

Is it time to go home and go back to bed yet?

Is there anyone who has a functioning brain on this post holiday Monday?

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Is it time to go home and go back to bed yet?

Is there anyone who has a functioning brain on this post holiday Monday?

Uh, I think so. //checking// Yes. One brain fart doesn't equal malfunction.

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
KtCallista wrote:Is there anyone who has a functioning brain on this post holiday Monday?

Half of my brain is functioning. Unfortunately, it's the half that keeps saying, "Stop doing important work stuff that you put off all weekend, just screw around and play Hearts on the computer all day."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Howdy, gang

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

nbouscal wrote:Half of my brain is functioning. Unfortunately, it's the half that keeps saying, "Stop doing important work stuff that you put off all weekend, just screw around and play Hearts on the computer all day."

Nbouscal, if we don't know you, welcome.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Howdy, gang

Hey Az. Welcome home.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Nbouscal, if we don't know you, welcome.

Ditto what she said.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Uh, I think so. //checking// Yes. One brain fart doesn't equal malfunction.

oh good, I started thinking it was just me, and then more people said they couldn't think either. I was hoping it hadn't reached pandemic purportions with no one able to notice!

KtCallista

nbouscal wrote:Half of my brain is functioning. Unfortunately, it's the half that keeps saying, "Stop doing important work stuff that you put off all weekend, just screw around and play Hearts on the computer all day."

Mine is telling me to hide on woot. . . . and maybe goof off on facebook.

AZGman

DA59 wrote:Hey Az. Welcome home.

Thanks; long day.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Thanks; long day.

How soon is IT going to get to the new monitor?

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Thanks; long day.

in time or work?

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:How soon is IT going to get to the new monitor?

Prolly do it tomorrow cuz I won't be there.

AZGman

DA59 wrote:in time or work?

both.

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
pooflady wrote:Nbouscal, if we don't know you, welcome.

Hey, thanks! And ditto thanks to daj as well.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Prolly do it tomorrow cuz I won't be there.

Sounds like a good plan.

I won't be seeing Orc much after tomorrow because the University is switching from Novell, to Active Directory. Shouldn't be a mess.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Sounds like a good plan.

I won't be seeing Orc much after tomorrow because the University is switching from Novell, to Active Directory. Shouldn't be a mess.

shouldn't be?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:shouldn't be?

well they've been planning the change for years. Therefore one can assume that most of the kinks in the system have been planned for and adequate instructive materials have been provided for faculty and staff. However, this is a large group of people with extremely variable ranges of computer competencies. It could create a paradox if there weren't at least some minor (and potentially personal major) glitches.

(Not for me though, my department doesn't use novell and won't be using Active Directory - the bulk of campus does however.)