Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:wonder if new person is watching the game or playing on his blackberry?

welcome new person!

Every new person that joins us moves me one rung up the newbie ladder.



WhoooHooo
I'm no longer "The New Guy"!
Welcome nbouscal!

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Not EDT.



yep blue coast

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good Mornin all
Last day of work before vacation!

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
Iceback wrote:Good Mornin all
Last day of work bbefore vacation!



Hey Ice! Is this vacation going to visit your daughter? My Daughter's cat woke me up standing on my back meowing. She is mad that we were gone for three weeks.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning y'all

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:I hope everyone knows I'm not serious.



Your map is essentially correct, though Indiana has a lot of those right wing loonies.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
joyner wrote:Hey Ice! Is this vacation going to visit your daughter? My Daughter's cat woke me up standing on my back meowing. She is mad that we were gone for three weeks.



Yes going to my old hometown to visit my sister and her family, Niagra Falls for a "get away" for Mrs. Ice and I and then to Toronto to visit my daughter.(and since the Dead Sea scrolls are on display there at the same time see them too!)

In the end only kindness matters

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.



I'm hoping today will be busy. If it is then it's going to be a lot of sit and wait until this weekend.

I have to work this weekend. boo. but overtime is nice.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:

How come when I show up, everyone disappears?
When I go away, everyone starts posting?



I'm going to cry myself to sleep now. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.



because you're "48% mean"

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nbouscal wrote:Psst. Are you asleep yet? Can I start posting again? ;)


cruzer wrote:because you're "48% mean"





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:Yes going to my old hometown to visit my sister and her family, Niagra Falls for a "get away" for Mrs. Ice and I and then to Toronto to visit my daughter.(and since the Dead Sea scrolls are on display there at the same time see them too!)


NIAGARA Falls!
Slowly I turned!
Step by step
Inch by inch.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
DA59 wrote:

Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.



I think I can speak for everyone when I say at times I worry about you

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

They're going to take Michael Jackson's casket to the memorial. I dunno why but I find that kinda ooogie.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:I think I can speak for everyone when I say at times I worry about you

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

How was my Eeyore impression?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
DA59 wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwww.

How was my Eeyore impression?



impeccable

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I apologize ahead of time, but I have to tell you, "Niagara" has three As.
Edit: Because I'm from near that area, I've seen billboards all my life.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I apologize ahead of time, but I have to tell you, "Niagara" has three As.
Edit: Because I'm from near that area, I've seen billboards all my life.

Ok, but Niaaagaaaraaa looks weird to me. But if you say so.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
DA59 wrote:Ok, but Niaaagaaaraaa looks weird to me. But if you say so.



Trust me.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Trust me.



That is kinda how Moe pronounced it. Must be right.

Shower time. bbl



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:yep blue coast



I guess because I'm closer to the "blue coast (well the western one), I find that really funny, because, well all that blue, is um, not like the other blue and it's really only pockets of very vocal people, and umm SoCal. Most of it is indistinguishable from the Mountain part which does not go nearly that far East. Still very funny graph.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:Most of it is indistinguishable from the Mountain part which does not go nearly that far East. Still very funny graph.



It's too bad that in today's gotta-have-it-now society that so few people have the patience to drive cross country anymore. You only have to make the drive once to learn that the eastern half of Colorado is just as flat and boring as western Kansas/Nebraska. Only saving grace is that the speed limit is a little higher so you can get through quicker.


KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:It's too bad that in today's gotta-have-it-now society that so few people have the patience to drive cross country anymore. You only have to make the drive once to learn that the eastern half of Colorado is just as flat and boring as western Kansas/Nebraska. Only saving grace is that the speed limit is a little higher so you can get through quicker.



And Montana!!!!

It a true shame there are almost no trains in the west anymore. The entire region was made by the train and now almost all the tracks are gone, forget commuter rail. Yet, our tax money goes to trains. . . . hmmm

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Talking geography reminded me of an ad for some Oregon casino that I heard about recently...

quick google search, and here it is: Luck Happens


KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:Talking geography reminded me of an ad for some Oregon casino that I heard about recently...

quick google search, and here it is: Luck Happens



Very nice!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I guess because I'm closer to the "blue coast (well the western one), I find that really funny, because, well all that blue, is um, not like the other blue and it's really only pockets of very vocal people, and umm SoCal. Most of it is indistinguishable from the Mountain part which does not go nearly that far East. Still very funny graph.



That's never been my experience in southern California, apart from LA.

Today is shaping up to be something of a waste. I think I'm going to tell hubs that we need to just buy plane tickets somewhere and never, ever come back.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
PemberDucky wrote:That's never been my experience in southern California, apart from LA.

Today is shaping up to be something of a waste. I think I'm going to tell hubs that we need to just buy plane tickets somewhere and never, ever come back.



Wow! That's pretty bad!

I can recommend heading north as long as you can get to like the cold, unfortunately, there are no jobs where I live. I heard the other day that even McDonald's has gained hiring standards. If you don't look like you've bathed and washed your hair in the last three days or you look like you just walked out of hot topic, they won't look at your ap now.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Yes going to my old hometown to visit my sister and her family, Niagra Falls for a "get away" for Mrs. Ice and I and then to Toronto to visit my daughter.(and since the Dead Sea scrolls are on display there at the same time see them too!)



You have to get wet at Niagra Falls.
Not impressive until you are that close.
Then you feel the force or magic



Unless you have been there and already know this.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:WhoooHooo
I'm no longer "The New Guy"!
Welcome nbouscal!




Only if he sticks around.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:You have to get wet at Niagra Falls.
Not impressive until you are that close.
Then you feel the force or magic



Unless you have been there and already know this.



Not true. Just standing above and looking at it is pretty darn impressive. But yeah, the boat trip's worth it.

You should see it at night in the winter when it's partially frozen and the colored lights are on it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hello Dname, recovering from your trip?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Hello Dname, recovering from your trip?



I think everything is back to normal!
Dog wouldn't eat or go for any walks yesterday.
It looks like there might have been a stomach thing going around, because at least 4 of us had it.
It seems it was something you could sleep your way out of.
Took a 5 hour nap yesterday and felt better!
Even hubby was dragged out and he is one of those people who is always doing something.

Mother in law must have spent the day calling all the kids. That can take at least 4 hours if she did them all.


Well, since we weren't directly involved in any of it....at least we have something to talk about!


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:Not true. Just standing above and looking at it is pretty darn impressive. But yeah, the boat trip's worth it.

You should see it at night in the winter when it's partially frozen and the colored lights are on it.



Winter visits also have the added advantage of fewer tourists to deal with.


PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You have to get wet at Niagra Falls.
Not impressive until you are that close.
Then you feel the force or magic



Unless you have been there and already know this.



Plus, you have to be close to it for Superman to fly by and save you.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I think everything is back to normal!
Dog wouldn't eat or go for any walks yesterday.
It looks like there might have been a stomach thing going around, because at least 4 of us had it.
It seems it was something you could sleep your way out of.
Took a 5 hour nap yesterday and felt better!
Even hubby was dragged out and he is one of those people who is always doing something.

Mother in law must have spent the day calling all the kids. That can take at least 4 hours if she did them all.


Well, since we weren't directly involved in any of it....at least we have something to talk about!



There is just something about a drive like that which throws your systems out of whack.

I'm glad everyone is better after some sleep. Missed the drama, but I caught the gist from the AZG summary post.

Nice to not be involved in the drama, just watching it.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Taking m-i-l shopping, doc appointment and out for dinner. Back this evening.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:Winter visits also have the added advantage of fewer tourists to deal with.



Generally a plus!

Orc and I went to Rushmore on our drive back from Iowa one New Years. It was great, but most of the town and tourist traps (and hotels) were closed, and the real bummer of the trip - they don't turn the lights on at night during winter, not even for a little while. The night we got there we drove around and around trying to see Rushmore with the lights on.

The museum was open the next day, but we both got the flu overnight so we didn't do much walking. Still I recommend the winter break visit. Only international students and a few Americans visiting. Very easy to convince an Asian student to take pictures for you!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Not true. Just standing above and looking at it is pretty darn impressive. But yeah, the boat trip's worth it.

You should see it at night in the winter when it's partially frozen and the colored lights are on it.



Doesn't have to be the boat. Some spots on the edge where you can stand do it too.

There seems to be spots on the planet that have a force.
Manhattan is one of them. You feel it.

The falls are another.


Oh apcray, michael jackson's funeral is coming on.
Jeeze. The guy might have been a child molester.
Nobody made this fuss about Gerold the Rat dying on the same day!
Gerold wasn't a child molester.

The guy was a born artist.
He was born to do it and he did it very well. The talent was real. Even if it wasn't your type of music, you had to admire his work. Especially the videos.
But get a grip!
This is crazy!






recap for Gman

Nigra Falls = good

Michael Jackson ...... artist good.....personal life = not so good

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Taking m-i-l shopping, doc appointment and out for dinner. Back this evening.



Have a great day! I might not see you before work.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

O M G they locked LA down for this?
I would be really mad if I lived there.
It is bad enough when they close stuff for the Pope or the President when they come to NYC
The UN is a huge pain in the butt because of that

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.