cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

good morning all.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We're going to look at another condo this morning. I've got to get in the shower. BTW the fuse block that has the cigarette lighter fuse is in the trunk!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, I'm here.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:Ok, I'm here.



//smack

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

Didn't help. Still tired.

//smack cruzer

That helped some.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:Didn't help. Still tired.

//smack cruzer

That helped some.



bum.

//smackity smack smack


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
cruzer wrote:bum.

//smackity smack smack



Good morning, PWA!!!

I'm still in second though it has become anyone's race in the shirt.woot bag contest. Gonna be a tense day. But I am holding hope that I will emerge victorious!

Other than that, I'm covered in skeeter bites from Monday's softball game. Arrrgghhh!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Good morning, PWA!!!

I'm still in second though it has become anyone's race in the shirt.woot bag contest. Gonna be a tense day. But I am holding hope that I will emerge victorious!

Other than that, I'm covered in skeeter bites from Monday's softball game. Arrrgghhh!

Crossing fingers.

Oh, on those bites... remember don't scratch. I know they itch, but it'll just make it worse if you scratch. It's best just to not think about them at all. Try to forget that you're covered in bites. Think of something else instead of the fact that they are driving you nuts because they itch and you want to scratch them. Darn those pesky skeeters and their itchy bites. You just want to scratch, scratch, scratch. Oh wait, I should be distracting you instead of going on and on. Sorry.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
DA59 wrote:Crossing fingers.

Oh, on those bites... remember don't scratch. I know they itch, but it'll just make it worse if you scratch. It's best just to not think about them at all. Try to forget that you're covered in bites. Think of something else instead of the fact that they are driving you nuts because they itch and you want to scratch them. Darn those pesky skeeters and their itchy bites. You just want to scratch, scratch, scratch. Oh wait, I should be distracting you instead of going on and on. Sorry.



To hell with that; when I's itches, I's scratches!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

So I wonder if Dname has won anything else with her scratch-off lottery tickets?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:To hell with that; when I's itches, I's scratches!!

Heh, google animated scratching and then go to Images. Look at the first image. I'm not going to post it.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
DA59 wrote:Heh, google animated scratching and then go to Images. Look at the first image. I'm not going to post it.



Believe me, I know what over-zealous scratching can result in - one of the more distracting side-affects of my meds is itching.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Good Morning PWA. Headache is finally GONE! YAY!

Poof - my coworker just had to replace her carpet because her A/C leaked exactly like you described...

Edit: In her car...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Believe me, I know what over-zealous scratching can result in - one of the more distracting side-affects of my meds is itching.

Well that puts a damper on my fun.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hi, PWA!
Had a phone interview at 6:45 this morning. I'm usually up and around by then, since I get to work around 7:15, but I was still quite groggy and probably sounded like a simpleton!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
PemberDucky wrote:Hi, PWA!
Had a phone interview at 6:45 this morning. I'm usually up and around by then, since I get to work around 7:15, but I was still quite groggy and probably sounded like a simpleton!



That is EARLY! Was it with someone local? or in a different timezone...

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DA59 wrote:Crossing fingers.

Oh, on those bites... remember don't scratch. I know they itch, but it'll just make it worse if you scratch. It's best just to not think about them at all. Try to forget that you're covered in bites. Think of something else instead of the fact that they are driving you nuts because they itch and you want to scratch them. Darn those pesky skeeters and their itchy bites. You just want to scratch, scratch, scratch. Oh wait, I should be distracting you instead of going on and on. Sorry.



I got worse now. Was mowing the back lawn and there's this ridge of dirt on the side where we sloped up the yard to meet the neighbors house. Mowed that, and I felt a pinch. Looked down and a hornet was stinging my knee. Swiped him off, and about 100 of his buddies came pouring out of a hole in that wall at me. Needless to say I ran like a little girl (not that there's anything wrong or necessarily SLOW about little girls, it's the high pitched screaming that added to it)...

So there I am, fleeing a bunch of pissed off hornets. I try to drag the mower away so I don't have to go back for it later... so I'm not looking where I'm going as I run screaming with my head looking at the swarm of death chasing me. So I ran...

Right into a tree. Big bump on my forehead, skinned nose and chin, jammed the middle finger on my right hand, and a large throbbing bump/sting in my knee. Joy. Wife saw it and thought it looked straight out of a cartoon

I get to the door, and the 3 year old, after repeated yells not to go outside while I'm mowing, has LOCKED the door. My glasses are somewhere in the yard, I'm in pain, and my mind has this little vision of a large swarm starting to form a big arrow aimed at my back.

And I gotta give the keynote introduction (introducing the speaker, not giving the keynote thank god). So I sit with an ice pack on my forehead wrapped around my head, and an ice pack on the sting.

Yay me.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:That is EARLY! Was it with someone local? or in a different timezone...



She was in Florida, so it wasn't bad for her. But I wanted to schedule the interview around times when I wasn't at work so I'd have a quiet environment.

I forgot that the cats have their rousing epic battles around that very time every morning. Hopefully she didn't hear the rumble. They sound like caribou.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
DA59 wrote:Well that puts a damper on my fun.



Sorry . . . sorta

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DA59 wrote:Crossing fingers.

Oh, on those bites... remember don't scratch. I know they itch, but it'll just make it worse if you scratch. It's best just to not think about them at all. Try to forget that you're covered in bites. Think of something else instead of the fact that they are driving you nuts because they itch and you want to scratch them. Darn those pesky skeeters and their itchy bites. You just want to scratch, scratch, scratch. Oh wait, I should be distracting you instead of going on and on. Sorry.



thanks. fortunately I have other things on my mind (and hand, and knee) to worry about now.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I got worse now. Was mowing the back lawn and there's this ridge of dirt on the side where we sloped up the yard to meet the neighbors house. Mowed that, and I felt a pinch. Looked down and a hornet was stinging my knee. Swiped him off, and about 100 of his buddies came pouring out of a hole in that wall at me. Needless to say I ran like a little girl (not that there's anything wrong or necessarily SLOW about little girls, it's the high pitched screaming that added to it)...

So there I am, fleeing a bunch of pissed off hornets. I try to drag the mower away so I don't have to go back for it later... so I'm not looking where I'm going as I run screaming with my head looking at the swarm of death chasing me. So I ran...

Right into a tree. Big bump on my forehead, skinned nose and chin, jammed the middle finger on my right hand, and a large throbbing bump/sting in my knee. Joy. Wife saw it and thought it looked straight out of a cartoon

I get to the door, and the 3 year old, after repeated yells not to go outside while I'm mowing, has LOCKED the door. My glasses are somewhere in the yard, I'm in pain, and my mind has this little vision of a large swarm starting to form a big arrow aimed at my back.

And I gotta give the keynote introduction (introducing the speaker, not giving the keynote thank god). So I sit with an ice pack on my forehead wrapped around my head, and an ice pack on the sting.

Yay me.



You need to go back to school.

Sorry, all of that hurts, but I had to laugh when I read it!



OK, instead of taking everyone's advice on getting the can of air to clean my keyboard, I went the other way.

I took it off the computer (it pops off, attached to the machine with a tape with all the wires in it)

I banged it on the table

Stuff fell out.

I did it more and more stuff fell out.

I got a bottle brush I found cleaning out the kitchen draw. I tiny one.
I brushed the keys.

More fell out.

I went upstairs to the bathroom and got this tiny brush for cleaning between teeth with braces.

Brushed around each key under the key.

banged the keyboard on the table in all directions.

plugged it in and it worked!

Should have taken a picture of all the stuff, but I threw the first bunch away.
Lots of crumbs, assorted hair, and tons of dust.
Maybe I should find the rubber key cover I had with Splinter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel

G'morning, PWA!

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:You need to go back to school.

Sorry, all of that hurts, but I had to laugh when I read it!



I kinda wrote it like that. I might keep adding to it to make it funner... because in hind sight I wish I had it on tape so I could be $1000 richer from America's Funniest home Videos.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:I got worse now. Was mowing the back lawn and there's this ridge of dirt on the side where we sloped up the yard to meet the neighbors house. Mowed that, and I felt a pinch. Looked down and a hornet was stinging my knee. Swiped him off, and about 100 of his buddies came pouring out of a hole in that wall at me. Needless to say I ran like a little girl (not that there's anything wrong or necessarily SLOW about little girls, it's the high pitched screaming that added to it)...

So there I am, fleeing a bunch of pissed off hornets. I try to drag the mower away so I don't have to go back for it later... so I'm not looking where I'm going as I run screaming with my head looking at the swarm of death chasing me. So I ran...

Right into a tree. Big bump on my forehead, skinned nose and chin, jammed the middle finger on my right hand, and a large throbbing bump/sting in my knee. Joy. Wife saw it and thought it looked straight out of a cartoon

I get to the door, and the 3 year old, after repeated yells not to go outside while I'm mowing, has LOCKED the door. My glasses are somewhere in the yard, I'm in pain, and my mind has this little vision of a large swarm starting to form a big arrow aimed at my back.

And I gotta give the keynote introduction (introducing the speaker, not giving the keynote thank god). So I sit with an ice pack on my forehead wrapped around my head, and an ice pack on the sting.

Yay me.







I'm sor... Really, I'm sorry...



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
SkekTek wrote:I kinda wrote it like that. I might keep adding to it to make it funner... because in hind sight I wish I had it on tape so I could be $1000 richer from America's Funniest home Videos.



I got a good laugh at your expense as well.

I wish you had it on video too!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kdccrosby wrote:I got a good laugh at your expense as well.

I wish you had it on video too!



Not unless you can tap my wife's BRAIN, cuz there were no cameras...

Gotta go take my mind off of it. Cleaning to do.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:I got worse now. Was mowing the back lawn and there's this ridge of dirt on the side where we sloped up the yard to meet the neighbors house. Mowed that, and I felt a pinch. Looked down and a hornet was stinging my knee. Swiped him off, and about 100 of his buddies came pouring out of a hole in that wall at me. Needless to say I ran like a little girl (not that there's anything wrong or necessarily SLOW about little girls, it's the high pitched screaming that added to it)...

So there I am, fleeing a bunch of pissed off hornets. I try to drag the mower away so I don't have to go back for it later... so I'm not looking where I'm going as I run screaming with my head looking at the swarm of death chasing me. So I ran...

Right into a tree. Big bump on my forehead, skinned nose and chin, jammed the middle finger on my right hand, and a large throbbing bump/sting in my knee. Joy. Wife saw it and thought it looked straight out of a cartoon

I get to the door, and the 3 year old, after repeated yells not to go outside while I'm mowing, has LOCKED the door. My glasses are somewhere in the yard, I'm in pain, and my mind has this little vision of a large swarm starting to form a big arrow aimed at my back.

And I gotta give the keynote introduction (introducing the speaker, not giving the keynote thank god). So I sit with an ice pack on my forehead wrapped around my head, and an ice pack on the sting.

Yay me.


Dang, you're a walking disaster!

*snort*



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

YAY DName! Good job on the repair job!!!

Now, stop eating over the keyboard.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Not unless you can tap my wife's BRAIN, cuz there were no cameras...

Gotta go take my mind off of it. Cleaning to do.



Who cleared out a bees nest yesterday by wacking it with a stick?

You or Joe?

Maybe the wasp in your yard read that and wanted revenge!

Is it a college thing?
There is a video on facebook of son's friends in the wook smacking a huge nest with a really long stick.
Fools.

They still defend the action with stuff like "it was a really long stick"
Like it would have mattered if the bees figured it out and attacked them!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Who cleared out a bees nest yesterday by wacking it with a stick?

You or Joe?

Maybe the wasp in your yard read that and wanted revenge!

Is it a college thing?
There is a video on facebook of son's friends in the wook smacking a huge nest with a really long stick.
Fools.

They still defend the action with stuff like "it was a really long stick"
Like it would have mattered if the bees figured it out and attacked them!



What's a wook?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:YAY DName! Good job on the repair job!!!

Now, stop eating over the keyboard.



Thanks! It looked like the keyboard could be replaced fairly easy, if I broke it.

The keys make that cool clicky noise again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Not unless you can tap my wife's BRAIN, cuz there were no cameras...

Gotta go take my mind off of it. Cleaning to do.



I hope you feel better and thank you for not channeling that vision into my dreams, like what happened with the bee nest.

The weather is absolutely perfect today! Overcast, cool, and a very slight drizzle from time to time. Smells like rain. I wish I could just go lay in the lawn!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What's a wook?



Where is a wook? Has to be a spelling mistake, but not in that post.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:Who cleared out a bees nest yesterday by wacking it with a stick?

You or Joe?

Maybe the wasp in your yard read that and wanted revenge!

Is it a college thing?
There is a video on facebook of son's friends in the wook smacking a huge nest with a really long stick.
Fools.

They still defend the action with stuff like "it was a really long stick"
Like it would have mattered if the bees figured it out and attacked them!



Uh, yeah, that was me. Guess this was payback.
TRying to figure out how to famoose an underground yellow jacket nest.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Thanks! It looked like the keyboard could be replaced fairly easy, if I broke it.

The keys make that cool clicky noise again!


Yeah, I found a place last night that sold them (~ $85) but I didn't want to show that to you. I didn't realize you were so comfortable taking apart computers!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Where is a wook? Has to be a spelling mistake, but not in that post.

Next to the last paragraph:

son's friends in the wook smacking a huge nest



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Uh, yeah, that was me. Guess this was payback.
TRying to figure out how to famoose an underground yellow jacket nest.

Sounds like a lot of work



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
DA59 wrote:Next to the last paragraph:

son's friends in the wook smacking a huge nest



Thank you, Daj. I just went back and checked, and sure enough, there's wook. Even checked to see if it was a filter.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DA59 wrote:Sounds like a lot of work



Yeah, wait til dusk, puff scaffolding into the holes, run like hell

Sounds easy actually.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh. Read that over and over and never saw it.

Woods.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.
Back To Top