quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Where'd everybidy go??

Out.
Walk the dog before it rains.
Nap?
Any place but here?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hiding. Come find me!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I got lost. . .

Made Chocolate No-bake cookies waiting for them to cool.

Had a good morning, but now I feel kinda blah. . . . hmmm oh well tomorrow will be a crunch at work as I go back to wrestling with a system call for a program that is reluctant to run under normal conditions. . .

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek

Here comes another red line of thunderstorms. If you want to see what it looks like, look at my posted pic this morning and substitute tonight's time.

I've had enough of this cr*p... where's the sunshine?!?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:And I've always said this:

Main Entry: kit·ty–cor·ner

Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: kitty-corner alteration of cater-corner, from obsolete cater four + corner
Date: 1838
: in a diagonal or oblique position the house stood kitty{ndash}corner across the square

As have I

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

And I'm home! Kids have new shoes and some clothes. They were fed. And then we had Italian Ices. I really like those.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:And I'm home! Kids have new shoes and some clothes. They were fed. And then we had Italian Ices. I really like those.

New sxhool year shopping!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:And I'm home! Kids have new shoes and some clothes. They were fed. And then we had Italian Ices. I really like those.

Are they cool shoes & clothes though?

Up from nap. Waiting on lady to come pick up appliances. She had to cancel yesterday because of truck problems.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

I loved getting new clothes for school.. But then, I looked forward to svhool starting.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I loved getting new clothes for school.. But then, I looked forward to svhool starting.

Never did the new school clothes shopping for son. We'd go get him some new shoes but I was always buying him clothes when he was younger and he hated shopping when he was older.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
DA59 wrote:Never did the new school clothes shopping for son. We'd go get him some new shoes but I was always buying him clothes when he was younger and he hated shopping when he was older.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of smuggling our new school clothes back from the US.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

DA59 wrote:Never did the new school clothes shopping for son. We'd go get him some new shoes but I was always buying him clothes when he was younger and he hated shopping when he was older.

I had no probs with it,; things were diferent 40 years ago.

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Are they cool shoes & clothes though?

Up from nap. Waiting on lady to come pick up appliances. She had to cancel yesterday because of truck problems.

I assume they are. The 14 year old chose ones that are tan, look like a burlap weave almost. Certainly nothing I would have thought he'd like.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
kdccrosby wrote:bummer. What were you going to do? Doesn't seem like the rain will last all that long

Ended up not raining over here. We played capture the flag with waterbombs for ammo. It was fun.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:I assume they are. The 14 year old chose ones that are tan, look like a burlap weave almost. Certainly nothing I would have thought he'd like.

We have a Skecher's outlet store in town that has really good prices. I love Skecher's but my niece thought they were not cool. My sister and I went and got shoes for ourselves and the boys, then my sister spots the same shoes her daughter had been wanting and calls her. Then she was upset because she didn't go shopping with us. Doesn't pay to be snobby.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Here comes another red line of thunderstorms. If you want to see what it looks like, look at my posted pic this morning and substitute tonight's time.

I've had enough of this cr*p... where's the sunshine?!?

What picture?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:What picture?

This was before PWA existed (Lawl), so it's in Yammer. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be 97, so I think I might need to wear a scarf.

SkekTek wrote:

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:

Oh, that picture.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Yoo-hoo.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
zea3 wrote:We have a Skecher's outlet store in town that has really good prices. I love Skecher's but my niece thought they were not cool. My sister and I went and got shoes for ourselves and the boys, then my sister spots the same shoes her daughter had been wanting and calls her. Then she was upset because she didn't go shopping with us. Doesn't pay to be snobby.

my niece wants to dress different this year IE not all Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostle. YAY! I'm taking her to Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange to shop. She's going to search for t-shirts online too.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:my niece wants to dress different this year IE not all Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostle. YAY! I'm taking her to Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange to shop. She's going to search for t-shirts online too.

At least half of the Plato's Closet here was used Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostle.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
kdccrosby wrote:my niece wants to dress different this year IE not all Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostle. YAY! I'm taking her to Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange to shop. She's going to search for t-shirts online too.

Perhaps the "New Frugality" has trickled down to young people?
As in.... cheap is cool?

pooflady

acemom wrote:Perhaps the "New Frugality" has trickled down to young people?
As in.... cheap is cool?

According to an article I read online recently, that's the current fad.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, so the lady & her friend came to pick up the appliances. My fridge is HEAVY! Between the 3 of us, we got it into his truck on its side, lifted it and shoved it to the front of the bed.

THEN he picks up the dishwasher all by himself and puts it in the truck.

He was a slight man, probably about 5'8". Works construction though so he's probably strong. But still! Whoa.

Couldn't fit the oven in the truck so they're coming for that tomorrow.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:At least half of the Plato's Closet here was used Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostle.

She still likes their jeans. So she'll buy jeans & skirts there and maybe one or two shirts. Then look for other shirts elsewhere.

Used to be, she only would look at the newest stuff. When we went to the movies the other night we stopped in a couple of stores - she went straight for the clearance rack. I was so proud!

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Ok, so the lady & her friend came to pick up the appliances. My fridge is HEAVY! Between the 3 of us, we got it into his truck on its side, lifted it and shoved it to the front of the bed.

THEN he picks up the dishwasher all by himself and puts it in the truck.

He was a slight man, probably about 5'8". Works construction though so he's probably strong. But still! Whoa.

Couldn't fit the oven in the truck so they're coming for that tomorrow.

did they pay you in cash today?

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:did they pay you in cash today?

Yep, the last half. She paid the first half last weekend.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:Yep, the last half. She paid the first half last weekend.

That's good. It'll be nice when they get the oven tomorrow and you are done with the appliances!

The extra piece for the oven looked nice. Much better than the hole! (forgot to tell you that)

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:That's good. It'll be nice when they get the oven tomorrow and you are done with the appliances!

The extra piece for the oven looked nice. Much better than the hole! (forgot to tell you that)

Thanks! It did turn out quite nice.

After all the appliances are moved out, we need to clean out the garage. There's a fine white dust over everything from the painter dudes spray tent they set up to spray the doors. Gonna have to hose down the garage floor.

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Thanks! It did turn out quite nice.

After all the appliances are moved out, we need to clean out the garage. There's a fine white dust over everything from the painter dudes spray tent they set up to spray the doors. Gonna have to hose down the garage floor.

What else is in the garage?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:What else is in the garage?

Besides the usual stuff:

2 childrens shelf units (Lady may actually buy those too)
2 small TVs
2 LARGE decorative planters from my useless ledge. had plants in them
1 iron Gryphon
Various pool chemicals.

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Besides the usual stuff:

2 childrens shelf units (Lady may actually buy those too)
2 small TVs
2 LARGE decorative planters from my useless ledge. had plants in them
1 iron Gryphon
Various pool chemicals.

Right now I can't imagine a day when I won't be using every shelving unit I can find and wishing I had more, and the space for them!

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Right now I can't imagine a day when I won't be using every shelving unit I can find and wishing I had more, and the space for them!

These shelves are good for a child's or game room but don't go with regular decor. I have 3 that I'm selling. One is still upstairs in the guest room.

pooflady

DA59 wrote:These shelves are good for a child's or game room but don't go with regular decor. I have 3 that I'm selling. One is still upstairs in the guest room.

How many bedrooms are you looking for to buy?

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:These shelves are good for a child's or game room but don't go with regular decor. I have 3 that I'm selling. One is still upstairs in the guest room.

My current house has exactly 2 closets, one in the master bedroom and one in the main hallway (between the bathroom and the front door). Between normal life clutter and kids stuff we have quite the assortment of shelving happening here. We are running out of shelves for board games and puzzles. Ver2 is using an "over the toilet" rack for her clothes, with an added pressure bar for her dresses (but it fit the space we had - her laundry hamper is under it, and it's next to the diaper table - bonus!).

and to think we really are trying to cut down the clutter in our lives. . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:How many bedrooms are you looking for to buy?

Three with a study/office or a formal living/dining that I can use as an office. Prefer 1 story but will consider 2 story if Master is down. Split bedroom is a must.