AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Good Morning PWA!

AZ - Hope you get your new eyes today!!

Just about to call and find out.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Just about to call and find out.

Nope; maybe after noon sometime!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Nope; maybe after noon sometime!

My fingers are crossed for you!!

Well - they are in my mind anyway.

I can't type if I cross them for real...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DO YOU WANT ONE OF US TO GO WITH YOU AND SMACK THOSE GUYS FOR TAKING SO LONG?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:DO YOU WANT ONE OF US TO GO WITH YOU AND SMACK THOSE GUYS FOR TAKING SO LONG?

I think I can handle it, thanks!!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

May your ocular dreams come true...soon!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hello all! We are home. I am sorta awake. Kids are sorta awake. Gonna be a TV day.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Hello all! We are home. I am sorta awake. Kids are sorta awake. Gonna be a TV day.

Was it fun?
Nice pictures!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I think I can handle it, thanks!!!

Give us a name and we can do a drive by smack upside the head.
Nobody will know it was connected to you

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Was it fun?
Nice pictures!

The wedding was fun. Reconnecting with my Aunt and Uncle who stayed with us was fun. Seeing my friend (the best man) was fun even if he is really sick right now. (Kidney 4 scheduled for October) Got to see my cousins even if it wasn't for long. Helping my daughter be the best flower girl ever was amazing.

Blowing out a tire on LMR's Prius at 70mph while passing a truck was not fun. Having nice men stop to help was good. Having good friends meet us in the middle of the night to take my kids home was amazing!

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
KtCallista wrote:The wedding was fun. Reconnecting with my Aunt and Uncle who stayed with us was fun. Seeing my friend (the best man) was fun even if he is really sick right now. (Kidney 4 scheduled for October) Got to see my cousins even if it wasn't for long. Helping my daughter be the best flower girl ever was amazing.

Blowing out a tire on LMR's Prius at 70mph while passing a truck was not fun. Having nice men stop to help was good. Having good friends meet us in the middle of the night to take my kids home was amazing!

You're welcome, dear. I'm just glad no one was hurt, and it really does seem that the car is fine other than the tire & possibly the rim. Not gonna lie, you had me scared crazy with that first message where you didn't tell me what was wrong...

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:Hello all! We are home. I am sorta awake. Kids are sorta awake. Gonna be a TV day.

Hey all!

Good to see you made it out and back okay KtC! But just hanging out w/ the TV when you could be spending quality time with us?!

well, back to the lab to try to get a new experiment up and running.

PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:The wedding was fun. Reconnecting with my Aunt and Uncle who stayed with us was fun. Seeing my friend (the best man) was fun even if he is really sick right now. (Kidney 4 scheduled for October) Got to see my cousins even if it wasn't for long. Helping my daughter be the best flower girl ever was amazing.

Glad everybody was okay, and that the wedding was fun!

Before I forget: This LMR abbreviation...I submit that it stops. Because that is how I always abbreviate "lamer," and I do not think Li'l Miss is a Lamer.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LittleMissRachel wrote:You're welcome, dear. I'm just glad no one was hurt, and it really does seem that the car is fine other than the tire & possibly the rim. Not gonna lie, you had me scared crazy with that first message where you didn't tell me what was wrong...

It is tough to store with a smaller car, but you should always try to have a full size spare.
Then you have to remember to keep air in the tire
Come to think of it, I bet nobody has checked my spare in years.
//sigh
Good at giving advice. Bad at doing it myself.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

LittleMissRachel

PemberDucky wrote:Glad everybody was okay, and that the wedding was fun!

Before I forget: This LMR abbreviation...I submit that it stops. Because that is how I always abbreviate "lamer," and I do not think Li'l Miss is a Lamer.

I'm sure you could find people who consider me to be, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I only have one setting, and that setting is Awesome.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:It is tough to store with a smaller car, but you should always try to have a full size spare.
//sigh

I don't know if that's an option with Miss Rachel's car. The flat (blown) tire wouldn't fit in the tire storage area. Although I generally agree. I hate dealing with less than full size tires!

Still, learning that putting it on a non-drive wheel makes life so much better is good knowledge!

LittleMissRachel

dontwantaname wrote:It is tough to store with a smaller car, but you should always try to have a full size spare.
//sigh

Although I would kinda like to, the full size dead tire doesn't even come close to fitting, a full size tire with air in it would basically take up the entirety of my trunk. The half-size seemed to work fine both for KtC and myself after it got moved to the back. (Good advice I got from the tow guy who talked me out of using his services - a donut spare will last you just fine for as far as you have to drive so long as you have good full-size tires on the drive wheels.)

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Hey all!

Good to see you made it out and back okay KtC! But just hanging out w/ the TV when you could be spending quality time with us?!

well, back to the lab to try to get a new experiment up and running.

I'll be here too, have the university laptop. Just got off the phone with my Mom. Left a voicemail while driving last night so she wouldn't worry. (ALWAYS CALL YOUR MOM ON ROAD TRIPS, THEY WORRY OTHERWISE!)
The message cut in and out thanks to crappy cell coverage here, but she got the gist and didn't call the state patrol.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

KTC - so glad you guys made it back okay! the pics and video on FB were great. Awesome flower girl!

KtCallista

LittleMissRachel wrote:Although I would kinda like to, the full size dead tire doesn't even come close to fitting, a full size tire with air in it would basically take up the entirety of my trunk. The half-size seemed to work fine both for KtC and myself after it got moved to the back. (Good advice I got from the tow guy who talked me out of using his services - a donut spare will last you just fine for as far as you have to drive so long as you have good full-size tires on the drive wheels.)

And the car felt much more stable (not that it was bad, I'm hyper sensitive to that, and I really did not want to do serious damage to the car!)

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:KTC - so glad you guys made it back okay! the pics and video on FB were great. Awesome flower girl!

Thanks kdc! And thanks for the daily summaries!!!! I will tell the flower girl you think she is awesome.

AZGman

Did I say blather-free??? //snerk//

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Did I say blather-free??? //snerk//

I don't know, did you?

LittleMissRachel

KtCallista wrote:I don't know, did you?

He did. I'm not sure he realized you're back, and all that entails.

KtCallista

LittleMissRachel wrote:He did. I'm not sure he realized you're back, and all that entails.

Oh, I didn't back-read. My bad! Sorry GMan

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LittleMissRachel wrote:Although I would kinda like to, the full size dead tire doesn't even come close to fitting, a full size tire with air in it would basically take up the entirety of my trunk. The half-size seemed to work fine both for KtC and myself after it got moved to the back. (Good advice I got from the tow guy who talked me out of using his services - a donut spare will last you just fine for as far as you have to drive so long as you have good full-size tires on the drive wheels.)

That is the problem with the theory. But if you have a flat on vacation the donut is a pain.
Some places say only 30 miles. The most I read was 100.
Yet vacation is when you have the least amount of room.

Good to know it is better on the non drive wheel.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:That is the problem with the theory. But if you have a flat on vacation the donut is a pain.

We drove 40 with it on the drive wheel. 65 with it on the back until I met LilMissRachel. Then she drove it home (another 35 miles?) I assume she took it to work this morning as well, but that's only about 10 miles or so.

The tread did look really good on it.

PemberDucky

Staff

LittleMissRachel wrote:I'm sure you could find people who consider me to be, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I only have one setting, and that setting is Awesome.

I admire and respect that!

LittleMissRachel

dontwantaname wrote:That is the problem with the theory. But if you have a flat on vacation the donut is a pain.

Good to know it is better on the non drive wheel.

KtC said she heard 60, which I think I've heard somewhere along the line, too. The tow shop guy I called, though, said he'd driven on them 300+ with no problems, so long as it wasn't on a drive wheel. Which kinda makes sense, 'cause that's where the most stress would be.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Oh, I didn't back-read. My bad! Sorry GMan

No biggie. I rarely backread. I didn't know you'd be bac today, and after poof hit the road this morning, and daj was gonna be at various campuses today, I figured it'd be pretty quiet in here!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:No biggie. I rarely backread. I didn't know you'd be bac today, and after poof hit the road this morning, and daj was gonna be at various campuses today, I figured it'd be pretty quiet in here!

At this point I don't think I am working tomorrow either, so . . .

LittleMissRachel

KtCallista wrote:At this point I don't think I am working tomorrow either, so . . .

Just need the extra time to unwind and destress?

KtCallista

LittleMissRachel wrote:Just need the extra time to unwind and destress?

haha, I wish, no I have no one to watch the kids. The daycare is closed for teacher training day.

AZGman

LittleMissRachel wrote:KtC said she heard 60, which I think I've heard somewhere along the line, too. The tow shop guy I called, though, said he'd driven on them 300+ with no problems, so long as it wasn't on a drive wheel. Which kinda makes sense, 'cause that's where the most stress would be.

I think the most stress would be in the driver's seat!!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:haha, I wish, no I have no one to watch the kids. The daycare is closed for teacher training day.

What are they being trained to do?

LittleMissRachel

AZGman wrote:I think the most stress would be in the driver's seat!!

I stand corrected. That is rather where the most stress is applied, particularly when the seat in question doesn't belong to the driver! I've been in that situation, blew a tire on my mother's car...oh boy was that a stressful handful of miles.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:I think the most stress would be in the driver's seat!!

Well it was enough stress to make the migraine a moot point.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:What are they being trained to do?

Teach kids, I hope!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Teach kids, I hope!

They're not teachers when they're hired?!?!