ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote://smack!

hehe

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Poo karma
As long as you pick up more poo than your dog did, you are ok.

People are bigger slobs! There is litter everywhere!
Why not keep people out of the parks.

Wait a minute! You've taught Rusty how to pick up Poo???? I'm impressed!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Is Poof floating around, by any chance?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Didn't know Canadians were that fun!

Okay, we just vaulted past 90 here. Heat index 97. Yippee. Think I'll go out and mow the lawn and do some fencework... NOT.

All the other kids in my sons group in Australia are from Canada.
So I guess he will come home knowing more about Canada than australia, especially since they were in quarantine for a week!

I came back from Spain, in HS, knowing more about Black culture than spanish.
All the Black kids in my grade went on the trip because there was a trip for 3 days to Morocco .
I got my bus pass back from some kid who grabed it as he got off the bus because of it.
I started cursing at him in Black and he just laughed and threw it over his shoulder at me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Wait a minute! You've taught Rusty how to pick up Poo???? I'm impressed!

Maybe I should try....no, he would eat it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe I should try....no, he would eat it.

Heee...

Well, in my office at work, pushing papers. It's only 80 in my office. Hooray broke-down chiller Monday!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Blackmon Mooring is at my house cleaning the carpets. I drove home to have them show me what they could do with the grout in the kitchen/entry floors. They're really bad. Wow. Big difference. They're cleaning the tile grout too and sealing it.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Heee...

Well, in my office at work, pushing papers. It's only 80 in my office. Hooray broke-down chiller Monday!

what happened to hanging out with the kids?

Beware the V'owls screech!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

sigh...

I swear my experiment rig is cursed! Last month a power outage broke the laser unit. After several miscommunications and other delays, finally got a replacement in place last Friday. Just in time for another power outage.

Come back in today to power everything up... and now the computer's hard disk is toast. not even recognized by the BIOS. Sure, I can have IT replace the drive, but I have no idea where the install discs are for the software that runs the instruments. Nor do I know what other necessary software components might have been installed when it went down.

KtCallista

Turken wrote:sigh...

I swear my experiment rig is cursed! Last month a power outage broke the laser unit. After several miscommunications and other delays, finally got a replacement in place last Friday. Just in time for another power outage.

Come back in today to power everything up... and now the computer's hard disk is toast. not even recognized by the BIOS. Sure, I can have IT replace the drive, but I have no idea where the install discs are for the software that runs the instruments. Nor do I know what other necessary software components might have been installed when it went down.

I'm sorry to hear all that. . . sounds like it needs better power protection.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Turken wrote:sigh...

Yikes. Good luck.

I will say that filing software is one of the big things I stress to everyone here. If they don't want me to file it, then they are responsible for finding it when it's needed. A couple people kept their software and couldn't find it when it was needed. Now they let me file it all.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:I'm sorry to hear all that. . . sounds like it needs better power protection.

It was on a UPS and the CPU was turned off at the time... not sure what more I could do. Had been showing some flaky behavior in the past and I guess it finally chose today to die.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:what happened to hanging out with the kids?

Wife came home, and I had to submit reimbursal paperwork for a conference. $600 in registration alone!

I'll be heading back home soon.

SkekTek

DA59 wrote:Yikes. Good luck.

I will say that filing software is one of the big things I stress to everyone here. If they don't want me to file it, then they are responsible for finding it when it's needed. A couple people kept their software and couldn't find it when it was needed. Now they let me file it all.

I love imaging software. Hard drive crashes. Put new one in, and reimage. Bang- back in business.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Blackmon Mooring is at my house cleaning the carpets. I drove home to have them show me what they could do with the grout in the kitchen/entry floors. They're really bad. Wow. Big difference. They're cleaning the tile grout too and sealing it.

You should be doing this to the new place!
Let whoever buys it to spruce up the old place.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Turken wrote:It was on a UPS and the CPU was turned off at the time... not sure what more I could do. Had been showing some flaky behavior in the past and I guess it finally chose today to die.

Might want to toss that UPS too or get a new battery for it. . . it may have taken one hit too many.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:I love imaging software. Hard drive crashes. Put new one in, and reimage. Bang- back in business.

That works for the bulk of our stuff but some people will buy special software for their job needs. That's what I file.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You should be doing this to the new place!

THEY DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!!

A friend's realtor told her that people in this area don't like to buy houses they have to do stuff to -- even if there's an allowance! It blows!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:You should be doing this to the new place!

I do gotta say, I mandated clean floors before I moved. . . partially because I'm allergic to cats (and the lady had snuck a cat in the place) and partially because I was 7 months pregnant at the time and cleaning the place we were moving out of was a huge burden as it was.

SkekTek

DA59 wrote:That works for the bulk of our stuff but some people will buy special software for their job needs. That's what I file.

It's the nice thing about being knowledgeable about that sort of thing- I have very specialized software (neural data acquisition tools and analysis), that doesn't update very often. Just the data files. So unlike a lot of my other systems, this one is pretty easy to manage.

And yes, I never throw out a disk

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:It's the nice thing about being knowledgeable about that sort of thing- I have very specialized software (neural data acquisition tools and analysis), that doesn't update very often. Just the data files. So unlike a lot of my other systems, this one is pretty easy to manage.

Oh I'm fairly sure I've got floppies for Win3.11 somewhere (unless Orc tossed them last time we went through his computer stuff). I'm almost 100% certain my Mom has them though.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:THEY DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!!

A friend's realtor told her that people in this area don't like to buy houses they have to do stuff to -- even if there's an allowance! It blows!

When we were looking, we knew we would gut.
We just looked at structural stuff
This, the wall color is wrong for our sofa, makes no sense to me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Oh I'm fairly sure I've got floppies for Win3.11 somewhere (unless Orc tossed them last time we went through his computer stuff). I'm almost 100% certain my Mom has them though.

Heh. I still have 5 1/4 floppies with stuff on them (or maybe not by now) formatted in AppleDOS and ProDOS and MS-DOS 5.

And I got a couple of Bernoulli disks too, but no drive.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:When we were looking, we knew we would gut.
We just looked at structural stuff
This, the wall color is wrong for our sofa, makes no sense to me.

I agree with you on that! Although I still think cleaning the floors is a good move. Makes the whole house feel cleaner and more maintained.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Heh. I still have 5 1/4 floppies with stuff on them (or maybe not by now) formatted in AppleDOS and ProDOS and MS-DOS 5.

And I got a couple of Bernoulli disks too, but no drive.

My Commodore and all it's gear are at my Mom and Dad's. Not sure if those disks have gone yet or not, they are still physically there though.

I did boot it about 10 years ago and messed around with some of the old games.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:My Commodore and all it's gear are at my Mom and Dad's. Not sure if those disks have gone yet or not, they are still physically there though.

I did boot it about 10 years ago and messed around with some of the old games.

I use an Apple emulator to play all my old games like Karateka. Fun game.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:I use an Apple emulator to play all my old games like Karateka. Fun game.

I downloaded a Commodore emulator one time. It was fun. If you had a 5 1/4 drive you could format floppies to work on a Commodore with it. Found a few of the games I never finished, like Leather Goddess of Phobos.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:

!Yay! End of diapers is near!

You realize you just about guaranteed a pregnancy within a year, don't you?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:You realize you just about guaranteed a pregnancy within a year, don't you?

Is that what caused this? Me thinking, "no more nursing and almost done with diapers"?

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:Is Poof floating around, by any chance?

Here now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:It's the nice thing about being knowledgeable about that sort of thing- I have very specialized software (neural data acquisition tools and analysis), that doesn't update very often. Just the data files. So unlike a lot of my other systems, this one is pretty easy to manage.

I find that the trick isn't not throwing out the disk but being able to find it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I agree with you on that! Although I still think cleaning the floors is a good move. Makes the whole house feel cleaner and more maintained.

I clean my carpets regularly but they needed it again after 3 weeks of painter dudes.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:You realize you just about guaranteed a pregnancy within a year, don't you?

*snerk*

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:I clean my carpets regularly but they needed it again after 3 weeks of painter dudes.

Wasn't saying you didn't, but you were talking about resealing the grout and making the tile look nice. That's a once every x number of years kind of thing.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wasn't saying you didn't, but you were talking about resealing the grout and making the tile look nice. That's a once every x number of years kind of thing.

or a once

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:or a once

yes, but it will make the floors look cleaner and more attractive.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Is that what caused this? Me thinking, "no more nursing and almost done with diapers"?

umm... I hope you figure it out, or we will have to rename you the Dugger family!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:Here now.

Sent you a PM.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:umm... I hope you figure it out, or we will have to rename you the Dugger family!

I think I'm too old already to give them any competition. Besides my kids are spaced further appart than that.

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:Sent you a PM.

And back.