AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Turken wrote:For those who might be interested... a few baby picture links. I've been meaning to get these up on facebook, but never seem to think about it when I'm at home where I have access.

Beautiful Smile
Deep in Thought
Playtime
Today, the rings... Tomorrow, the World! (mmmwuuahahah)

Darn!!! All blocked here!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:
I love the mobile! Where did you get that???

I have a rather amazingly talented mother-in-law who made it from a "normal" baby mobile and some decorative globes. Actually, she decorated the whole nursery in an old-world-travel theme with lots of maps, globes, postcards, "antiqued" paint on the furniture, etc.

AZGman - sorry the pics are blocked. I'm not sure if I have access to a hosting site from my work that you can get from yours.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:I have a rather amazingly talented mother-in-law who made it from a "normal" baby mobile and some decorative globes. Actually, she decorated the whole nursery in an old-world-travel theme with lots of maps, globes, postcards, "antiqued" paint on the furniture, etc.

AZGman - sorry the pics are blocked. I'm not sure if I have access to a hosting site from my work that you can get from yours.

That is one AMAZING MIL!!! Wow! Orc loves old maps and stuff too. Might have to steal the idea (of course I still need another bar, durn kids).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Turken wrote:For those who might be interested... a few baby picture links. I've been meaning to get these up on facebook, but never seem to think about it when I'm at home where I have access.

Beautiful Smile
Deep in Thought
Playtime

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. She's a cutie. Love the mobile... especially the monkey.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Turken

KtCallista wrote:That is one AMAZING MIL!!! Wow! Orc loves old maps and stuff too. Might have to steal the idea (of course I still need another bar, durn kids).

Yep. it's pretty cool, and that's just the small mobile... one of our baby shower gifts was this one which we have over the crib right now. looks especially cool at night when the combination of dim light and blurry eyes make the globes appear to be floating in midair.

we keep joking that our little one will grow up to be an antarctic explorer since she's spending so much of her formative time staring at the south pole.

Turken

DA59 wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. She's a cutie. Love the mobile... especially the monkey.

Yep, she's a stinkin' cutie! Although I will admit that half the reason I put that pic up was that I figured you and poof would get a kick out of the monkey.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Turken wrote:I have a rather amazingly talented mother-in-law who made it from a "normal" baby mobile and some decorative globes. Actually, she decorated the whole nursery in an old-world-travel theme with lots of maps, globes, postcards, "antiqued" paint on the furniture, etc.

I think all photo -hosting sites are blocked her. O well.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Yep. it's pretty cool, and that's just the small mobile... one of our baby shower gifts was this one which we have over the crib right now. looks especially cool at night when the combination of dim light and blurry eyes make the globes appear to be floating in midair.

we keep joking that our little one will grow up to be an antarctic explorer since she's spending so much of her formative time staring at the south pole.

Wow!

She is a very beautiful, and lucky girl!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Turken wrote:Yep, she's a stinkin' cutie! Although I will admit that half the reason I put that pic up was that I figured you and poof would get a kick out of the monkey.

Very cute!
I like 'Deep in Thought.'
She's like, "ORLY?"

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Turken wrote:Yep. it's pretty cool, and that's just the small mobile... one of our baby shower gifts was this one which we have over the crib right now. looks especially cool at night when the combination of dim light and blurry eyes make the globes appear to be floating in midair.

Very cool mobile! Oh - and the kids cute too.

adorable actually....

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! I have a chocolate pound cake in the oven. Now I'm going back to see the baby pix!

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:I'm only a year older than him and I'm going to have my second one done when the new non reimbursed medical account resets in Jan.

Gman, my eye doctor said before I go I can try out a multi focus
contact. That way I can see if I would like the multi focus cataract lens. The one that isn't covered by insurance yet.

You are too young too because we are all about the same age!!!!

joyner

She is beautiful!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Turken wrote:Yep, she's a stinkin' cutie! Although I will admit that half the reason I put that pic up was that I figured you and poof would get a kick out of the monkey.

Hate to tell you this, Turken, but she's not looking at the globes, she's looking at the monkey, and she's THINKING.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Beautiful Smile
Deep in Thought
Playtime

How did I miss this????

She is soooooooooo very cute!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

HI FOLKS!!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
SkekTek wrote:HI FOLKS!!!!

HI SKEK!

KtCallista

AND back from lunch!

I came back to find an email with a cell phone picture of a 3D ultrasound of my soon-to-be niece! She's gonna be a cutie!

joyner

Aughhhh! My two piece tube pan is leaking chocolate pound cake goo in the oven. It didn't look bent. Is there a trick to this that I don't know???? I just cleaned the oven last week.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:AND back from lunch!

I came back to find an email with a cell phone picture of a 3D ultrasound of my soon-to-be niece! She's gonna be a cutie!

when is she due?

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Aughhhh! My two piece tube pan is leaking chocolate pound cake goo in the oven. It didn't look bent. Is there a trick to this that I don't know???? I just cleaned the oven last week.

If you can put a rack below it, put a cookie sheet down there. That will contain the mess. . . don't know about the pan, never used one of those.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:when is she due?

October 27th (8 weeks!)

Of course they live in SC, so it will probably be a couple years before I get to actually meet her.

SkekTek

One more day until class officially kicks off. My three classes are on Wed though.So I get an extra day to prep.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Aughhhh! My two piece tube pan is leaking chocolate pound cake goo in the oven. It didn't look bent. Is there a trick to this that I don't know???? I just cleaned the oven last week.

Loose Bottom Tube Pans can leak with lighter batters.
We recommend using foil to wrap the bottom on the outside, so that it reaches an inch or two up the side, and keeps your oven clean.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Loose Bottom Tube Pans can leak with lighter batters.
We recommend using foil to wrap the bottom on the outside, so that it reaches an inch or two up the side, and keeps your oven clean.

Edit: Would probably be better off using a one-piece tube pan in the future.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:One more day until class officially kicks off. My three classes are on Wed though.So I get an extra day to prep.

And you will probably leave everything you can until then, you slacker you.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:And you will probably leave everything you can until then, you slacker you.

Nope. Printed all 3 of my sets of syllabi. And I think I'm set with the first week of lectures. Next week, I'll slack off.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Nope. Printed all 3 of my sets of syllabi. And I think I'm set with the first week of lectures. Next week, I'll slack off.

Well, well, look at you.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:October 27th (8 weeks!)

Of course they live in SC, so it will probably be a couple years before I get to actually meet her.

Ohhhh I could play with her! Aren't they close to the SC/GA border?

joyner

pooflady wrote:Edit: Would probably be better off using a one-piece tube pan in the future.

I will use the one piece next time but the aluminum foil trick would work fine I think. I bet I will have a hard time getting the cake out of the pan. The two pieces are clued together with chocolate! Hubby cleaned the oven. He's a great guy!

joyner

KtCallista wrote:If you can put a rack below it, put a cookie sheet down there. That will contain the mess. . . don't know about the pan, never used one of those.

I thought about putting a cookie sheet in there because this is the first time I have used this pan. I was scared it would mess up the heat somehow. Not cook enough on the bottom or something. Dumb, joyner, dumb.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Ohhhh I could play with her! Aren't they close to the SC/GA border?

Yes they are, right on the border. She has a blonde haired 3 year old sister too. She's a sweety! I met her last November.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:Yes they are, right on the border. She has a blonde haired 3 year old sister too. She's a sweety! I met her last November.

Do they look like VER1 and VER2? I just met the first cousin of one of my Sunday School kids from our old church. She looked exactly like her cousin.

SkekTek

joyner wrote:I thought about putting a cookie sheet in there because this is the first time I have used this pan. I was scared it would mess up the heat somehow. Not cook enough on the bottom or something. Dumb, joyner, dumb.

Making me think of cake. Me 'n Unit A are going to make cupcakes tonight. Gotta get home.

You know you're hungry when you're desperate enough to eat the crumbs out of the bottom of the Triscuit box.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Do they look like VER1 and VER2? I just met the first cousin of one of my Sunday School kids from our old church. She looked exactly like her cousin.

Yes actually. You can clearly tell they are related. It makes sense too. It's really hard to tell photos of Orc and his brother appart unless they are together, then you can tell his brother is taller. Also SIL and I have similar body types and hair color, so we could pass as related even though we aren't (to our knowledge - my Grandma was born down South though).

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Making me think of cake. Me 'n Unit A are going to make cupcakes tonight. Gotta get home.

You know you're hungry when you're desperate enough to eat the crumbs out of the bottom of the Triscuit box.

My kids have been begging for cookies. . . we might have to bake tomorrow. Not sure which ones to make though.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:My kids have been begging for cookies. . . we might have to bake tomorrow. Not sure which ones to make though.

Oatmeal raisin. The forgotten step-child of chocolate chip and peanut butter.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Oatmeal raisin. The forgotten step-child of chocolate chip and peanut butter.

I think I am out of chocolate chips, so that wouldn't be too bad.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Oatmeal raisin. The forgotten step-child of chocolate chip and peanut butter.

Not forgotten! Deliberately ignored! Might as well eat a friggin' granola bar.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:Not forgotten! Deliberately ignored! Might as well eat a friggin' granola bar.

Well tomorrow isn't here yet, what do you suggest?