dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mom day.

We took off last week.
This week is totally beautiful this week.
Cold for summer, but sunny and NO HUMIDITY.
Hubby is mad.

See you tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Mom day.

We took off last week.
Hubby is mad.

See you tonight!

Have fun.

I could go for cold and cloudy myself. Every time I'm out in the sunlight I get really sick lately.

Beware the V'owls screech!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Books on tape?

Okay in the car; boring at home.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Mom day.

We took off last week.
Hubby is mad.

See you tonight!

Beautiful weather here, too. I'd love a few more months like this.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Beautiful weather here, too. I'd love a few more months like this.

Me too, either!!

AZGman

See ya tomorrow

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:See ya tomorrow

Later!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Busy, busy, busy. Home for lunch now.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Busy, busy, busy. Home for lunch now.

Wow, must be an epidemic of productivity going around!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Wow, must be an epidemic of productivity going around!

Tomatoes canned. Close to nap time. I wish I'd get over whatever it is I had. Get up in the morning and feel fine, by noon I'm wiped out. Of course, the coughing doesn't help.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Tomatoes canned. Close to nap time. I wish I'd get over whatever it is I had. Get up in the morning and feel fine, by noon I'm wiped out. Of course, the coughing doesn't help.

Enjoy your nap, it sounds like you need it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

oooooooooooooooohhhh, Magic Broom

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Tomatoes canned. Close to nap time. I wish I'd get over whatever it is I had. Get up in the morning and feel fine, by noon I'm wiped out. Of course, the coughing doesn't help.

mmm. canned germs!

pooflady

no1 wrote:mmm. canned germs!

Nope, I was just a supervisor today.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Nope, I was just a supervisor today.

Good call.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:mmm. canned germs!

Heh, first thing that went through my mind too.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Not yet, but last year the costumes were reasonable, really good and local. We have a comic book/adult store that usually gets a ton of costumes, they are a bit more expensive, but we'll probably check there. I asked the ladies that own it once and they said that Halloween was 50% of their yearly sales and that was before they got their bigger location. Of course they mostly carry adult costumes (gotta love having two universities!).

I looked at the site you sent and they don't have any astronauts either. If my girls want to be something other than the over-hyped princesses, well I'm going to do my best to find it!

edit: Plus my kids are into dress-up anyway so they will reuse the costume for the next several years in play.

They sell pretty authentic suits through NASA

The Space Store

they are more pricy though. of course, I'm sure if you talk to the shop you like they can probably make sure they order something for you.

kdccrosby

PemberDucky wrote:Did anybody post this already? I know there are some Sonic people in this joint:

http://limeadesforlearning.com/microsites/limeades4learning/index.jsp

very cool. I'll have to vote there. Shared it with my teacher friends on facebook too.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:They sell pretty authentic suits through NASA

The Space Store

they are more pricy though. of course, I'm sure if you talk to the shop you like they can probably make sure they order something for you.

Yeah, I've been searching this morning. I found those. Also checked Costco online, and they have the costumes we saw last year on their website, just not in their store. We still have time. Besides that, we have two adult alien costumes to assemble.

kdccrosby

DA59 wrote:oooooooooooooooohhhh, Magic Broom

I saw that the other day. cracks me up that they are making such a big deal about it

love the lady's flip-flops though!

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, I've been searching this morning. I found those. Also checked Costco online, and they have the costumes we saw last year on their website, just not in their store. We still have time. Besides that, we have two adult alien costumes to assemble.

I'm sure you will find something.

I have seen the space store suits on kids when visiting Nasa. They are pretty thick and sturdy. but expensive for sure!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I saw that the other day. cracks me up that they are making such a big deal about it

love the lady's flip-flops though!

oh my. . . . umm musta been a really slow news day.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I'm sure you will find something.

I have seen the space store suits on kids when visiting Nasa. They are pretty thick and sturdy. but expensive for sure!

Last year Costco had them for $20. . . might not have been the same ones NASA has, but those are the ones on their website this year. . . ah well. . . maybe I'll wait and if someone sees them in the store we can have them get them for us. Otherwise I might just order them online. Then we'll have to dig through the adult costume bin and see what we can come up with for Orc and I. We are thinking Aliens.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:Last year Costco had them for $20. . . might not have been the same ones NASA has, but those are the ones on their website this year. . . ah well. . . maybe I'll wait and if someone sees them in the store we can have them get them for us. Otherwise I might just order them online. Then we'll have to dig through the adult costume bin and see what we can come up with for Orc and I. We are thinking Aliens.

That would be great! two mini astrounauts and two aliens! I would crack up if I saw that.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:That would be great! two mini astrounauts and two aliens! I would crack up if I saw that.

We were all superhero's last year (although firefighter was a close runner up, but there Ver2 was too small for the Costco costumes.) Before that we did Goldilocks and the three bears. Used a princess dress for the Golidlocks outfit, and I made a badge to go over the princess picture on the dress tht showed three bears.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
kdccrosby wrote:That would be great! two mini astrounauts and two aliens! I would crack up if I saw that.

Or mix things up with one grown-up astronaut and one grown-up alien and a couple little astronaliens?

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Or mix things up with one grown-up astronaut and one grown-up alien and a couple little astronaliens?

Grown up astronaut costumes are expensive! I can make a silly thing out of supplies here in the costume bin and our closet that will most likely work for alien. Besides I don't think they make maternity space suits.

I am also thinking (if I do a NASA order) of getting some mission command shirts for Orc and I.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Last year Costco had them for $20. . . might not have been the same ones NASA has, but those are the ones on their website this year. . . ah well. . . maybe I'll wait and if someone sees them in the store we can have them get them for us. Otherwise I might just order them online. Then we'll have to dig through the adult costume bin and see what we can come up with for Orc and I. We are thinking Aliens.

Amazon has it for $25

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:We were all superhero's last year (although firefighter was a close runner up, but there Ver2 was too small for the Costco costumes.) Before that we did Goldilocks and the three bears. Used a princess dress for the Golidlocks outfit, and I made a badge to go over the princess picture on the dress tht showed three bears.

A group of teachers at the middle school I worked for a couple years ago did Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. The only male in the group was Snow White. It was hilarious. He wore that dress, wig, & heels all day.

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:A group of teachers at the middle school I worked for a couple years ago did Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. The only male in the group was Snow White. It was hilarious. He wore that dress, wig, & heels all day.

Sounds like a good time!

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Grown up astronaut costumes are expensive! I can make a silly thing out of supplies here in the costume bin and our closet that will most likely work for alien. Besides I don't think they make maternity space suits.

I am also thinking (if I do a NASA order) of getting some mission command shirts for Orc and I.

So are you going to have a mini alien coming out of your belly?

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Amazon has it for $25

Thanks. . . I hadn't checked Celebrate Express yet either and I am on their mailing list.

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:So are you going to have a mini alien coming out of your belly?

I'm seriously thinking about it, actually. Either that or do one out of Orc's belly and have mine still "incubating". If I get out the fabric paints I might grab an old pillow case and paint it with polka dots so it looks like I have an egg on my belly.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

all this talk of costumes, and it just now dawns on me -- I get to go trick or treating again now that I have a kid to use an excuse! woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Turken wrote:all this talk of costumes, and it just now dawns on me -- I get to go trick or treating again now that I have a kid to use an excuse! woot!

LOL. CANDY!

KtCallista

Turken wrote:all this talk of costumes, and it just now dawns on me -- I get to go trick or treating again now that I have a kid to use an excuse! woot!

Have fun! The first year we drove to friends' houses and used it as an excuse to make random house calls. (Of course we had to do this before Halloween, because MIL got married right before Halloween and on the actual day we were actually out of state.)

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:LOL. CANDY!

Which gets stuck in a bowl and then slowly taken into Orc's office where it is distributed for the rest of the year. Because none of us eat much candy anyway.

My kids honestly prefer the pencils and little toys, because they actually end up getting those. I think on average they eat 10 pieces of halloween candy total.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Which gets stuck in a bowl and then slowly taken into Orc's office where it is distributed for the rest of the year. Because none of us eat much candy anyway.

My kids honestly prefer the pencils and little toys, because they actually end up getting those. I think on average they eat 10 pieces of halloween candy total.

The pencil-givers were not popular in my neighborhood.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:The pencil-givers were not popular in my neighborhood.

eh, nobody trick or treats in neighborhoods around here much. There are events at both "malls" and downtown, on both campuses (for kids even), and the community centers. Not to mention the various church "Harvest Parties." There are also events at some of the local farms with haunted barns and corn mazes.

I think the most tricker treaters we've gotten when manning the house is 6. I've stopped buying snack size and just grab some full size bars and some dollar toys.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:The pencil-givers were not popular in my neighborhood.

so you can call someone a "pencil givl-er" and it can be insulting on two levels.