PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:so you can call someone a "pencil givl-er" and it can be insulting on two levels.

Why, yes I can! And I will!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Oh my god! Someone stop them, please!

Oh my! I like being pregnant sure, but isn't she sick of dealing with diapers yet?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Oh my! I like being pregnant sure, but isn't she sick of dealing with diapers yet?

Sounds like they've got their own day care center/boarding house. Don't know exactly how much the parents do versus the kids...

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Sounds like they've got their own day care center/boarding house. Don't know exactly how much the parents do versus the kids...

True, I lived with a family with 9 kids and the older kids did have jobs that included taking care of the younger kids.

And the Mom was just a really really good manager and cook.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:True, I lived with a family with 9 kids and the older kids did have jobs that included taking care of the younger kids.

And the Mom was just a really really good manager and cook.

Seems that the hardest number of kids to have is 3-5. Once you crack that upper boundary you always will have ready-made babysitters and nannies.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Seems that the hardest number of kids to have is 3-5. Once you crack that upper boundary you always will have ready-made babysitters and nannies.

I've heard it as 4 -6, but yeah. That's what I've heard.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I've heard it as 4 -6, but yeah. That's what I've heard.

My 20 and 15 year old granddaughters both say they're never having kids because of all the babysitting they had/have to do with the now 6 and 8 year olds. The 20 year old had it the worst, because five years ago she had three of them to watch, 1, 5 and 10. Husband and I were both concerned about how much she had to do it.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:My 20 and 15 year old granddaughters both say they're never having kids because of all the babysitting they had/have to do with the now 6 and 8 year olds. The 20 year old had it the worst, because five years ago she had three of them to watch, 1, 5 and 10. Husband and I were both concerned about how much she had to do it.

I don't think the family I was with had it that bad. The parents didn't really seem to take too much advantage of the "free babysitting" aspect though. Not to mention they were LDS so if a sitter wanted a friend of the same gender over it was usually allowed, so it wasn't really that big of a deal, and odds were that the friend either had the same responsibilities at home or would babysit for their nieces and nephews.

Since I lived in an LDS area, the large family culture was the norm. Therefore no one felt put-out if they had to stay in to watch a younger family member.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I don't think the family I was with had it that bad. The parents didn't really seem to take too much advantage of the "free babysitting" aspect though. Not to mention they were LDS so if a sitter wanted a friend of the same gender over it was usually allowed, so it wasn't really that big of a deal, and odds were that the friend either had the same responsibilities at home or would babysit for their nieces and nephews.

Since I lived in an LDS area, the large family culture was the norm. Therefore no one felt put-out if they had to stay in to watch a younger family member.

Definitely not the norm here. Certainly some expected but not to the amount she had to.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Definitely not the norm here. Certainly some expected but not to the amount she had to.

That's why I put in the bit about it being the norm. It's different when that is what all your friends are doing too.

I watched after my sister a lot (she is only 23 months younger than me), but only right after school when Mom was working.

It is different if the culture is there. It was weird, because all of my friends with those big families felt like they got more time with their parents because their parents were easily available since they rarely were "entertaining" kids or doing household chores, although for a few years I'm sure it was hard for the parents.

PemberDucky

Staff

Ugh. Too much going on. Need to be unpacking, but have things to do every night this week. Getting hair done tonight for Sunday's wedding.
Starting wine class tomorrow. Runs from 6:00-9:00pm.
Purchasing dress for wedding on Thursday.
Friday? Well, I guess I can unpack on Friday!
Saturday, we leave for LA. Come back on Monday.
At this rate, our belongings will stay in boxes until the next time we move!

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:Ugh. Too much going on. Need to be unpacking, but have things to do every night this week. Getting hair done tonight for Sunday's wedding.

unpacking is overrated anyway.

PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:unpacking is overrated anyway.

I am starting to think so. Besides, the state of our house at present makes for excellent fort-building and hide-and-seek.

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:I am starting to think so. Besides, the state of our house at present makes for excellent fort-building and hide-and-seek.

Do you and hubs do this often?

Is this anything like playing doctor?

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:I am starting to think so. Besides, the state of our house at present makes for excellent fort-building and hide-and-seek.

EXCELLENT!

PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:Do you and hubs do this often?

Is this anything like playing doctor?

Yes, but with more property damage!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
PemberDucky wrote:Yes, but with more property damage!

sounds like almost every party I've ever been to!

In the end only kindness matters

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Ugh. Too much going on. Need to be unpacking, but have things to do every night this week. Getting hair done tonight for Sunday's wedding.

Need pic of cool hair. Wine class sounds fun.

And LA- a good friend of mine just landed at LAX and said it was very smokey.

Good luck!

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Need pic of cool hair. Wine class sounds fun.

And LA- a good friend of mine just landed at LAX and said it was very smokey.

Good luck!

Yeah, the air was bad enough over here during the weekend. Advisories and such. I can't imagine what it's like there.

At least they've got an alternate site for the wedding, just in case.

pooflady

Hot damn! One of my reporters (representing the three) called this afternoon and asked me if I'd still proof for them for 10 cents a page less, which seems to be the going rate. (I knew I was getting more than the going rate.) However, an increase in the page rate for expedites, which wasn't part of it before. I asked her to give me a day or two (don't want to appear too eager), but yes, yes, yes!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Hot damn! One of my reporters (representing the three) called this afternoon and asked me if I'd still proof for them for 10 cents a page less, which seems to be the going rate. (I knew I was getting more than the going rate.) However, an increase in the page rate for expedites, which wasn't part of it before.

good news! congratulations!

pooflady wrote:yes, yes, yes!

that's what she said!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hot damn! One of my reporters (representing the three) called this afternoon and asked me if I'd still proof for them for 10 cents a page less, which seems to be the going rate. (I knew I was getting more than the going rate.) However, an increase in the page rate for expedites, which wasn't part of it before. I asked her to give me a day or two (don't want to appear too eager), but yes, yes, yes!

Sweet! Congrats! Obviously your work is well respected!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Hot damn! One of my reporters (representing the three) called this afternoon and asked me if I'd still proof for them for 10 cents a page less, which seems to be the going rate. (I knew I was getting more than the going rate.) However, an increase in the page rate for expedites, which wasn't part of it before. I asked her to give me a day or two (don't want to appear too eager), but yes, yes, yes!

YAY!!!

pooflady

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Wonderful news Poof! I've been playing on Facebook and have run my battery down. See everybody tomorrow!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Woo Hoo!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

Woohoo!!!!! That's great news Poof!!!! I'm so glad it may just work out.

pooflady

Thanks everyone. Happy dancin'!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

contgrats!...don't wait too long to reluctantly agree

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Where'd everybody go?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Where'd everybody go?

dinner, putting kids to bed, and refreshing to no updates.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:dinner, putting kids to bed, and refreshing to no updates.

Oh. Just wondering. Carry on.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Oh. Just wondering. Carry on.

Feeling any better?

Apparently a bunch of people where Orc used to work now have H1N1, so I guess it's only a matter of time until the kids get it.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Feeling any better?

Apparently a bunch of people where Orc used to work now have H1N1, so I guess it's only a matter of time until the kids get it.

I think the coughing might be getting a little better. But not the fatigue. But part of that may be age related, too. I don't snap back as fast as I used to.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I think the coughing might be getting a little better. But not the fatigue. But part of that may be age related, too. I don't snap back as fast as I used to.

I'm glad it's getting better. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the flu season already.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I'm glad it's getting better. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the flu season already.

Someone I know had H1N1 - but she lives in TN so I don't have to be worried. She said it was not fun at all

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Someone I know had H1N1 - but she lives in TN so I don't have to be worried. She said it was not fun at all

I keep hearing for the most part it's pretty mild, which is one of the reasons I think that's what husband and I had.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I keep hearing for the most part it's pretty mild, which is one of the reasons I think that's what husband and I had.

she was pretty sick. But she might not be the norm...

pooflady

Yay, no more robocalls.
Except by politicians
and non-profits
and businesses you've done business with.