WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

At some point in the probably not-so-recent past, we asked you to show us a movie poster for a classic (non-superhero) film transformed into a superhero movie. Thank you for not showing us this in your chops. Or this. Or, this.

First Place - $100
wildwolf11 - Dances with Wolverine

Kicking Bird says Knives for Fingers is bad-ass.

Second Place - $50
ositopolar - Wonderful Matrix

What pill do you take to stop seeing the giant bunny?

Third Place - $20
mwiseman - Elephant Man

How do you call this superhero, on your elephone?

Honorable Mentions:
FedUpOldHag - Benjamin Button

Wait a sec, my fly is open--crap I hate button-fly jeans!

bradcrc - The Bucket Men
I really hope nobody kicks the buckets. Or shocks the monkeys.

CabooseGT - The Exorcist
Out, demon of poor colormatching! Away, too sharp pasted-devil!

taipan - Babe Ruth
This will only spur on those conspiracy theorists who believed he was really a robot.

toby8915 - Streetcar
Yeah lover, I'm on the street / Gonna go where Marlon Brando / And the steep city meet / With a red bell / On fire / Desire

Monkey Prize - snackbot
My hands! Where are my hands!? Stupid molten lava!

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. Then get out your Woot Monkey that you bought from Woot fair and square, and play super hero with that for a while. He has a cape and a mask. What else do you need? Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember what the always very wise Jack Handy said, "I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away." Yup, he's always thinking.

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

Congratz to all! Well done.

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

I waited 3 weeks for that?!? Not even an honorable mention?!? Pfft. I give up.

Congrats to the winners.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
congrats winners. too bad the judges aren't xmen fans, would have know that kitty pride phases through solid objects. That entry got robbed. then again the top three are really good-as is benjamin button..which got robbed...robbed i say.

toby8915

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrats winners and HM's.

I agree w/ toby Button was robbed!

Darth Jay -- stick around, you'll win one soon

DarthJay

ActorTom wrote:
Darth Jay -- stick around, you'll win one soon

Probably not - my next few entries suck. This contest was (I thought) my best chance of winning.

Oh well, I had fun doing them anyway.

(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

ab4dd0n

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ab4dd0n

I'm going to have to agree that the Shadowcat was one of the better ones
Though at least this way it gets a prize

Being in the same state as woot is pretty cool...until I have to pay sales tax

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Congrats Winners!

Signature censored by Woot

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Cool. Thanks WOOT and honorable judges.

Congratz fellow winners and honorable mentions.

FedUp, The Button Man was indeed quite awesome.

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

Congratz winners and thanks for all the kind words on my entry. Perhaps the judges will see the error in their ways and knock me up a few places in a future contest (one can always hope). I did like the winning entries and they deserved to win.

snackbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snackbot

Congrats winners!

I will take my Monkey Prize and love him and pet him and call him George.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Thanks, and congrats to the other winners and HMs!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Nice job placing those buttons. Pretty cool.

chrispalasz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrispalasz

Great job everyone! I absolutely LOVED the 1st prize. Excellent.

And the buttons one WAS awesome, but I really don't think it meets the qualification of being a classic... so for that reason, I don't think it was robbed. The actual movie was terrible.

unit24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unit24
toby8915 wrote:congrats winners. too bad the judges aren't xmen fans, would have know that kitty pride phases through solid objects. That entry got robbed. then again the top three are really good-as is benjamin button..which got robbed...robbed i say.

What is wrong with teh WootStaff? I thought you guys were all Geeks like the rest of us.

Monkey Prizes to the Judges on this travesty of justice...

DarthJay

Maybe we'll have some new winners posts today?

:D

ositopolar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ositopolar

This contest thing was obviously a ridiculous waste of time. I still haven't received payout from an incompetent woot staff. 5 months, people!!!! what a bunch of bs

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
ositopolar wrote:This contest thing was obviously a ridiculous waste of time. I still haven't received payout from an incompetent woot staff. 5 months, people!!!! what a bunch of bs

Woot has decided to suspend the contest for a little while, and they realize there are still payouts to take care of. I'm sure they will take care of yours if it is still outstanding. Woot staff member agingdragqueen has been nice enough to take care of the people who are still waiting for their contest winnings, you can send her a PM here.

ositopolar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ositopolar

All's resolved...thank you!

cocowomen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cocowomen

These PS are amazing. GOOD JOB!

Nope, no advertising in your signature, in our forums, nothing.

toby8915

cocowomen wrote:These PS are amazing. GOOD JOB!

How does cocowomen have -1 posts?

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
toby8915 wrote:How does cocowomen have -1 posts?

Maybe some of her posts were negative.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

OH My God!!! I had to pay for shipping today. I've used up all of my 19 HONMEN-FS contest winnings.

IT'S TIME TO START THE CONTEST AGAIN!!! (not to mention finish judging the last ten from the old contest.)