K7LAU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K7LAU

colorcheck

booboochan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booboochan
bigbill25 wrote:Why use hard-coded numbers? Why not make it a pure percentage thing so it keeps pace with Woot's growth:

Black Box: Top 0.1%
Purple Box: Top 0.2%
Green Box: Top 2.0%

and so on...

--Bill

Yep. Or maybe reset everyone to zero at given intervals, then even a newbie would have a shot at making the elite group. Right now, even pathologically competitive tyros might be discouraged by starting out so far behind the leaderboard. Periodically level the playing field and give the new blood a chance to get pumped!

amethystp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amethystp
KevinatWoot wrote:yikes, I'm purple. I hope my wife doesn't find out!

She will if I have anything to say about it!

dkirson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkirson

I just noticed this and have no idea what color I'll be, here goes!

dkirson

dkirson wrote:I just noticed this and have no idea what color I'll be, here goes!

Bummer, only purple. So uh, despite calling three of an item three woots, each sale only counts as one woot towards your qube?

dkirson

dkirson wrote:Bummer, only purple. So uh, despite calling three of an item three woots, each sale only counts as one woot towards your qube?

Curses! 5 away from my black badge! Perhaps a woot pentafecta is in order tonight!

dkirson

dkirson wrote:Bummer, only purple. So uh, despite calling three of an item three woots, each sale only counts as one woot towards your qube?

Curses! 5 away from my black badge! Perhaps a woot pentafecta is in order tonight!

MinistrOfJustiz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MinistrOfJustiz

If only I had the storage space for all the scaffolding I need to get back into black-box-dom.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
dkirson wrote:Curses! 5 away from my black badge! Perhaps a woot pentafecta is in order tonight!

Looks like you found a pentafecta on woot!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

roywhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roywhitlock

Just a test

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

roywhitlock wrote:Just a test

TIME!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
shrdlu wrote:
1 shirt.woot
2 kids.woot
11 wine.woot
62 woots

Sixty-two!?!? Really, how many leakfrogs does anyone need?

You know, it's been a very long time since I've seen a Leakfrog. I was giving them as gifts, but I no longer have extras. Next Woot Off, there had BETTER be Leakfrogs.

The little square by the Welcome message is a nice touch (kudos to whichever Woot staffer thought of it). Only 14 Woots to go, and my square will be black again.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

Rnewman1138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rnewman1138

I just realized I had a green cube and what that meant. Holy schnikees, I need a life! 40 Woots? What the hell did I buy? I need to check with my credit card company because I think there must be some type of fraud involved. Oh, hang on a sec...the dinosaur robot knocked over my woot wine and the leak frog is chirping...be back in a sec...

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis

For the record, it's a "two-dimensional cube" and we are very fond of it.

I suggest that you sell "two-dimensional cubes" during woot-offs.

The wooter would get piece of paper with a square in their color printed on it.

You could also offer it in a fashion similar to the calendar de-crapyfier posts that would have the fold points indicated so we can print it out and fold it in to an actual cube.

The possibilities are endless!

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis

Ps. I also wish it had a link to all of my "quality posts" because I can't actually believe that I've had that many quality things to say.

According to my spouse (and most of my teachers over the years) I haven't had 10 quality comments in my entire life.

It would be cool if I could prove to them that woot disagrees (or has an unusual definition of the word quality)and show them what quality looks like.

...I'm just saying

heffer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages heffer

Quick check.

EDIT: Oh jeez, I didn't want it to be too low but I'm not sure if I was ready to be in the 50-99 category.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

I enjoy my newly legitimate toply wooty status. Oh, woot the wooty wootiness. I am wootier than thou.

Ebvad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ebvad

Been a black boxer forever.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

I love how woot! has developed throughout the years (shirt, sellout, wine, now the new site) and would be more than happy to beta test for you.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

docflash

quality posts: 16 Private Messages docflash

yikes. this means my wife can actually see how many woot!s i've bought, tho' i've been having them delivered to my medical office for the last couple of years. luckily, she never comes in to the office or she'd see the monkeys all over the place.

i know this is off-topic, but is there an easy way to find the posts that have been considered "quality"? i tried rolling over to the quality posts: 6 in the pop-up from the 2D cube, but that didn't work.

oops. i better get back to my paperwork. i like to leave the office within an hour or so of checking the new woot!.

"i don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." --anon
more quotes.

kas66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kas66

color check here, too...I am a woot-a-holic and I am PROUD!

quixotiCfluX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quixotiCfluX

When exactly will my cube change?

I scored a Blue Oyster Cult during the woot-off yesterday, but I'm still a white box.

edit: ok, its colored here, but not up top in the header.

Bandolier Of Carrots (3 for 15)
Success -> 19 Nov 2009
Success -> 25 Dec 2009
Success -> 28 Apr 2010

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
quixotiCfluX wrote:When exactly will my cube change?

I scored a Blue Oyster Cult during the woot-off yesterday, but I'm still a white box.

edit: ok, its colored here, but not up top in the header.

Sigh. Log off, then log back on. Voila! It'll be fixed.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

Finally got back to black... And my 100th Purchase... THE Bag of Coal on 12/25/2010 Thanks woot! Now don't change the color any time soon :-D

mc5no4stp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mc5no4stp

I made purple (excited) but then realized I am now only half way to black (sad) but then again realized I had a new goal (excited again).

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
mc5no4stp wrote:I made purple (excited) but then realized I am now only half way to black (sad) but then again realized I had a new goal (excited again).

You'll get there in no time! Don't fret.

that was fun while it lasted!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mc5no4stp wrote:I made purple (excited) but then realized I am now only half way to black (sad) but then again realized I had a new goal (excited again).

Am I the only one embarrassed to be a black square?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
neuropsychosocial wrote:Am I the only one embarrassed to be a black square?

Nope! I comfort myself that it's mostly random t-shirts, but then I realize that's worse, almost.

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor

I am well above the black box cut off, but I suspect that my future purchases will not be at the pace that they have been running for the last 6 years. Alas, as many have lamented, Woot has lost much (certainly not all) of its charm. I still may snag an item here or there if I really need it, but I sorely miss the bandoliers of carrots and choosing to buy a monkey seems to have reached a price point that creates too much dissonance. I hope my black box doesn't fade to transparent over time... Argh!