RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope

This coffee maker has included metal basket coffee filters and a replaceable water filter.

It doesn't replace my home coffee maker, but it does a hella job over the hotel coffee makers!

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

casperswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages casperswoot



Glad it's working again

hosed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosed
adyb1975 wrote:If you would have bought 3, you would have gotten a better deal.



Yeah you would have gotten ripped off 3X.
JUNK AVOID. Warranty useless. Bought 2 and both broke within 2 weeks

tomm2thumbs


quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs
Dustanie wrote:Wahoo! i like the idea of it....50 bucks online...
and haha! i just woke up, so this hour and whatnot of woot brokenness was perfect for me!



I hate to be the one to tell you but everyone who was awake got a clue that is needed in order to get the bagg of cwap. we were sworn to secrecy so don't ask me what the clue is.

rallyts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rallyts

that price is quite leet.

RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope
hosed wrote:Yeah you would have gotten ripped off 3X.
JUNK AVOID. Warranty useless. Bought 2 and both broke within 2 weeks



define "broke" - what did you do to it???

mine's still going strong, and it's been dropped and taken through the airport luggage system at DFW 2x already - still working like a charm & has already paid for itself

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

kogan0805


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kogan0805

next item please..

djtrump


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtrump

Bought 3 so I can make 6 cups of coffee! What a bargain!

The only easy day was yesterday.

andrewtl


quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

No mention of whether the inside of the cup is stainless or plastic...
these might be dishwasher safe but are they human safe?

pfffft!

quartermane


quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane

First sucker: crawel65
Speed to first woot: 1h 19m 37.147s

Took an hour and 20 minutes to make up his mind. Slow to commit

RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope
andrewtl wrote:No mention of whether the inside of the cup is stainless or plastic...
these might be dishwasher safe but are they human safe?



the inside of the cups are plastic - still better than hotel paper or foam cups tho', IMHO

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

zman80214


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zman80214

I bought one of these... it only lasted for 2 weeks (5 uses)... Pass! When I tried to return it to the company, they never got back to me.

hosed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosed
RoguePope wrote:define "broke" - what did you do to it???

mine's still going strong, and it's been dropped and taken through the airport luggage system at DFW 2x already - still working like a charm & has already paid for itself



I didn't DO anything to it. Normal use. About 4 times a week 2 cups at a time. After about 2 weeks of use (about 8 times) the sucker would sit there and not make coffee. Lights were on but nobody home. Company wants me to pay shipping and a $15 charge for each unit so that they can fix their defective equipment. Glad you got a good one. I still would avoid this with a 10 foot pole.

dwayneam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwayneam

I bought 3 of these (1 for me, 2 for friends). One of my friends stopped working after a few uses. The cups suck, they are plastic on the inside and get really hot. The coffee maker is pretty good, especially for this price (Mine was a little more)

RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope
hosed wrote:I didn't DO anything to it. Normal use. About 4 times a week 2 cups at a time. After about 2 weeks of use (about 8 times) the sucker would sit there and not make coffee. Lights were on but nobody home. Company wants me to pay shipping and a $15 charge for each unit so that they can fix their defective equipment. Glad you got a good one. I still would avoid this with a 10 foot pole.



sorry to hear that - just lucky I guess!

Somebody was complaining that it made weak coffee - didn't have the guts to ask how much coffee he put in the thing ;)

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

metro689


quality posts: 1 Private Messages metro689

CRAPPED OUT ON ME IN LESS THAN A MONTH CHINA JUNK

dwayneam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwayneam
hosed wrote:I didn't DO anything to it. Normal use. About 4 times a week 2 cups at a time. After about 2 weeks of use (about 8 times) the sucker would sit there and not make coffee. Lights were on but nobody home. Company wants me to pay shipping and a $15 charge for each unit so that they can fix their defective equipment. Glad you got a good one. I still would avoid this with a 10 foot pole.



I bought 3 and one of them died the exact same way.

quikson


quality posts: 2 Private Messages quikson

so, while I was at work, i missed 12 hours.......but it doesn't look like i missed much...




...just wanted to rub it in...no worries!

!bring old woot back!

quartermane


quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane
hosed wrote:I didn't DO anything to it. Normal use. About 4 times a week 2 cups at a time. After about 2 weeks of use (about 8 times) the sucker would sit there and not make coffee. Lights were on but nobody home. Company wants me to pay shipping and a $15 charge for each unit so that they can fix their defective equipment. Glad you got a good one. I still would avoid this with a 10 foot pole.



Next Woot

A 10 foot pole -> $9.99 + $5 s/h

RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope
quikson wrote:so, while I was at work, i missed 12 hours.......but it doesn't look like i missed much...




...just wanted to rub it in...no worries!



I should have used the time to get ready for work... :P

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

RoguePope


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RoguePope
dwayneam wrote:I bought 3 and one of them died the exact same way.



SO BUY THREE EVERYBODY!

1st BöC: 04/28/10 - At long last - I lost my BöC virginity!!! (In the 1st HappyHour to occur during a WootOff!!!)

cerote


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerote
RoguePope wrote:sorry to hear that - just lucky I guess!

Somebody was complaining that it made weak coffee - didn't have the guts to ask how much coffee he put in the thing ;)



I made a daily cup for my commute with it, but I had been making French press coffee before this. That's strong coffee, so any drip coffee is weak in comparison.

This Cafe Valencia thing just stopped heating up water one day. I had a sad, and then I got a Keurig last week. Much better.

sflesch


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sflesch

In for one. Anyone know if you need paper filters or just use the filter that comes with this?

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

dwayneam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwayneam

When making 2 cups, one tends to fill up more than the other. I haven't had one overflow yet, but I only fill the cups about 75% before I pour into the reservoir

tomm2thumbs


quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

the way to make money on this is to sell parts to people who are having issues with theirs. it's the perfect plan. look at all those parts!

blindworld81


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindworld81

This is another excellent gift. Give it to the parents of whoever those Excalibur games were for.

cerote


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerote
tomm2thumbs wrote:the way to make money on this is to sell parts to people who are having issues with theirs. it's the perfect plan. look at all those parts!



Except the prevailing complaint is that the heating element just poops out one day.

wootfertexas


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootfertexas

Ok, did my Good Deed of the Day and went for two. If it don't make good coffee, the mugs will go good at work.

jmcmahel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmcmahel

The one that I bought has broken already, only few week old. Will not heat. Called company but phone is not in service. Emailed company and have not received a response in a week. Would not recommend this product or purchase.

tomm2thumbs


quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs
cerote wrote:Except the prevailing complaint is that the heating element just poops out one day.



but in the meantime they'll buy all the other parts hoping that will correct the problem! scandalous!!

jmsolf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmsolf

Coffee is Good for Granny! She is in 4 One!



steelersluver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages steelersluver
andrewtl wrote:No mention of whether the inside of the cup is stainless or plastic...
these might be dishwasher safe but are they human safe?



Plastic

Bobaganoosh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobaganoosh

cups are plastic inside, but it's not bad and mine don't get too hot...i've had dunkin coffee cups that are MUCH hotter and harder to carry around.

you do have to put a little more coffee in the filters to get "normal" coffee, but only about another scoop or so, so it's not a big deal.

mine is still making good coffee after about two months.

[L@B]Bobaganoosh

osuvinny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages osuvinny

I could go for some coffee right about now... ZZZzzz

shep1111


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shep1111

Three coffee makers, they last two weeks each, still cheaper than Starbucks

ripjones


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripjones

Okay, I'm in for one. I've done my part, now give us the next woot....

michrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages michrick
tomm2thumbs wrote:but in the meantime they'll buy all the other parts hoping that will correct the problem! scandalous!!



Right because as soon as it stops getting hot I think to myself,

"Alas! Self, it must be I need a new filter!"

Dustanie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dustanie
tomm2thumbs wrote:I hate to be the one to tell you but everyone who was awake got a clue that is needed in order to get the bagg of cwap. we were sworn to secrecy so don't ask me what the clue is.



Son of a monkey! Yea i have no clue how you guys are at your computer so much...lousy office workers bein able to get the Boggy Old Creature...

meanwhile your mechanic is off to keep your commuting cars running properly

UP UP AND AWAAAAAYYYYYY

straka2537113


quality posts: 0 Private Messages straka2537113
quartermane wrote:Next Woot

A 10 foot pole -> $9.99 + $5 s/h



thats a good price on a 10 foot pole

your going to have a quote of a quote as a signature? now this is just getting crazy! heh
Why must we all have signatures filled with other peoples quotes?

tomm2thumbs


quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

bouncy bouncy