+ Add a Comment

maxmau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxmau
Kizzbot wrote:Winter is just around the corner and you guys put up a fan? I am really losing interest in woot fast.

This little fan will help you circulate hot air around the house. I always run a fan upstairs to push the HOT air down stairs.

mkdriskell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdriskell

You have got to be kidding me...I have been wanting one of these for a while and earlier today I dropped $50 on a smaller one at Bed Bath & Beyond....Guess what I'm going to return.

wookie7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wookie7

I bought the similar sized model with the stand last time on woot for about $40. I was skeptical at first, but it does do an amazing job of circulating the room air without just blowing it in your face. I was sorry I didn't buy a second one for a different room. It's also fairly quiet. I'm in for one!

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

i have the 615, it's nice, but in reality doesn't push much more air than a much cheaper Honeywell of similar design(and also ~9in). My biggest beef with Vornado is that they don't post the CFM of their fans on their website.

murphychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murphychick

so that's the end of the woot-off?

jonac13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonac13
Kizzbot wrote:Winter is just around the corner and you guys put up a fan? I am really losing interest in woot fast.

Winter isn't "just around the corner" for folks like me in central Florida. Fans are useful for months after the summer "ends", especially in rooms with poor circulation or plenty of electronics.

In for one.

rkeddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkeddy
Sherlockrp wrote:Will this work as a case fan?

Fans of this type can disrupt the older CRT Monitors and other electronics, it is better to keep them at least a couple feet from your computer. The fans inside computers are shielded for magnetism.

Sandy106

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Sandy106

i live in texas, by the time this gets delivered will it be winter already?

Airliners.net is deconstructionist propaganda films for pilots.

dj55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dj55

Got these the last time around, just what I needed and work great. One of the fans was doa, called the company they handled it wonderfully.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
regal8lager wrote:It literally took me 5 minutes before I realized this wasn't a Beluga whale launching out of the sea!

ive been staring at it for 5 minutes wondering where you saw a whale?

Hi people =þ

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav
murphychick wrote:so that's the end of the woot-off?

The monkeys said the woot-off ended hours ago.

azulus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azulus

I bought both the 615L and the 542B when they were up on woot and I can't praise them enough. Having 6 of them running in the apartment (in different rooms) during the Summer made things tolerable (in the bay area where nobody seems to have air conditioning). It's a shame that the hot days are mostly behind us, but I can't recommend Vornados enough if you're in need of a new fan (or 3).

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

Being a die-hard w00ter, I would just like to post something from another website...it was posted today. Do they sound jealous to you? I'm just a curious kind of junkie...I wonder.

Let me know what you think:

"Woot has roots in the online gaming group crowd, it's an expression of excitement like hurray or yahoo," siad Matthew Rutledge, Woot's founder and owner.

Rutledge isn't certain how many people are signed up for Woot's daily RSS alert service, but said 200,000 people have clicked on the RSS link on engadget.com, Woot's only advertising partner. (Woot also participates in Overstock.com's affiliate program.)

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

Yo Vornado, I'm happy for you, and Imma gonna let you finish, but the LAU Ultra Twenty was the best fan of all time, OF ALL TIME.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink

Froogled

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

zikzak

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zikzak

It's a picture of one of Woot's biggest fans!

murphychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murphychick
cinoclav wrote:The monkeys said the woot-off ended hours ago.

Thank you. After I won my small brown sack of not so great items I decided to sleep and I'm trying to catch up with what's going on.

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

I bought 3 Vorandos a few months ago from woot. I moved to Texas and they are the best. freaking. investment I have ever made in a product.

I can't say enough about Vornados. They are different.

Woot, you are my god, my everything.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

fellow wooters, honestly, is there anyone else that is having woot, shirt.woot server issues.. i want that shirt. cant access shirt.woot. everyones box is white.. little stressed.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

tortnotes

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tortnotes

I bought the smaller fan pictured on Woot a few months ago, and it's been the best fan I've owned. Keep in mind that the larger one has no clip and is, well, larger, but I don't think you can go wrong if you need a fan.

I've had that smaller fan running on low for about a month continuously, and it's developed a little bit of noise. Nothing is mechanically wrong with it and it's still pushing air very well. In fact, the noise is nice in my dorm room because it masks some of the outside noises and helps me sleep at night.

I can't think of a good signature.

spydertap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spydertap

My honeywell fan is making weird noises,it's a good time to replace it with this better one!

Heyblinkin123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heyblinkin123

Too much power for a desk fan?

mboverload

Compared to the amount of electricity the blower in your central AC uses (I've heard 750 watts) this is a great money saving investment.

In43

SputnikHQ

quality posts: 8 Private Messages SputnikHQ

You can spend more but this fan rocks. It is the KTec Blender of fannage!
Vegas

VGF wrote:Are these fans any good? I've had a need for one in my dorm room, but if its not worthwhile, I'd rather spend more on a good one.

Word 2 ya mutha'

citizenswing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizenswing

if you were ever in the market for a fan it wont get much better than this. my last woot was the Vornado 615L High Velocity Fan and i am so happy with it i decided to pick this one up as well.

mymomisaman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mymomisaman

These fans are amazing. I only have one fan in my house that isn't a Vornado because it was given to me, but I have three Vornado fans scattered about. I have had them for years and they've held up wonderfully.

These fans are reliable, sturdy, and blow air that somehow feels cooler than the air outside even when it's hot out. I have accidentally knocked over these fans and watched in dismay as they fell from tables and counters... And to my joy they have never cracked, broken, or fallen apart.

If you need them, stock up now. They'll obviously hold up until next summer...

Danslinnens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danslinnens

Bought this fan a few months ago off of woot. Great fan and very powerful

delinger

quality posts: 3 Private Messages delinger

Just purchased one. Excellent deal.

Vornados are awesome. I have 2 larger ones--one of which has been running 24/7 for over 15 years now. The only time it got shut off was when we moved. My daughter has had it in her bedroom almost since she was born and she is 16 now. No lie.

The other large one has been going strong for 7 years. I also have a V102, but unfort. I can't recommend that one--it rattles. Hope this woot model isn't one of those "don't make em like they used to", like the v102.

Sorry for the long boring post. Just wanted to help folks who may be on the fence on this one.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

The last ones are pretty nice, but they are not exactly quiet on speed 2. How do these compare in noise level? Does anyone have any actual dB readings? I'm going to guess that the smaller ones are putting out about 60dB on speed 2, and about 45dB on speed 1. I'd really like to get the noise level below 20db, like a well built and balanced ceiling fan.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

gwbaker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gwbaker

I own one of these and it is great. The makers of this realize that airflow is not just about blades and a motor. The shroud (depth and size) are what increase airflow and make you feel cooler. This booger moves some mega air and is one of the best fans I own!

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

Potatosaladcake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Potatosaladcake

I bought one today. Can't wait to see how well the fan works!

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude

Damn you woot.....

The little clip ones (i bought 2 of them) were so fantastic.....I cannot help but buy 2 of these larger ones......

Guess this makes up for me not buying anything during the WOOTOFF.....

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

goody444

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goody444

an interesting "review" if you can call it that:

http://www.energycircle.com/blog/2009/06/10/a-vornado-air-circulator-will-make-you-cooler-than-you-are-now/

aatheus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aatheus

These fans are awesome. My costuming group uses them to dry out the inside of mascot costume heads.

1 soaked head + 20 minutes on the fan = dry head!

...please try not to read too much into that comment.

---
4/1/2008 Black & Decker 20W Power Backup Battery Pack – 2 Pack 1/15/2008 Power Sentry 5 Outlet PowerSquid 12/26/2007 Random Crap: 2008 Calendar Edition 12/16/07 Dragontine's Day T-shirt 10/18/07 Halberd 31-Piece Roadside Emergency Kit 2/1/07 US Robotics 7902A Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter x2

juanf4i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanf4i

Woot I want the Vornado 615L High Velocity Fan!!

mboverload

aXion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aXion

I have this same fan. I purchased it a few months ago from Home Depot for like $50. I only keep it on low and it gets the job done. So far I've had no problems with it and I've been running it everyday for a couple of months now. O yea and if you have to clean the fan blade its really easy to detach the front and clean the inside part.

juanf4i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanf4i

Woot I want the Vornado 615L High Velocity Fan!!

kgustafson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgustafson

I absolutely love this fan, by far the best fan I have ever owned....It will blow your socks off!!

bridog6996

quality posts: 25 Private Messages bridog6996
potentatetato wrote:Did you know Koreans believe leaving fans on overnight in a closed room will cause death, commonly known there as "fan death"? Weird huh?

That's just an urban myth. Koreans believe it about as much as Americans believe in Santa Claus.