Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

You know you're a big player at a major trade show - or at least you have a lot of money to waste - when the hall itself is bedecked in your gigantic, obnoxious banners. We're nowhere near this rarefied stratum yet, but we can dream. And we hope you can, too, because we don't have any idea what we would do with one of those spaces anyway. Take a look at these examples of on-site advertising for the Consumer Electronics Show (scroll down a little for pics) and...

Show us your idea for a giant Woot convention banner.

Post your entry here by 11:59 AM (central) on Monday, October 19, 2009. Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of volunteer judges can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, linoleum blocks, pastels, MSPaint, cave painting, tattoos, tribal scarification, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. As we are fond of saying, try to keep your maximum width to 550px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Thanks, Amy, for the theme suggestion!

Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian

Still rolling out new contests, seriously?

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

phedhex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phedhex

Ed3rd

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd
Carpathian wrote:Still rolling out new contests, seriously?

...and placing it under "World of Woot" instead of "Contests".

Edit - Looks like someone fixed it.

It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

archikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archikins
Ed3rd wrote:...and placing it under "World of Woot" instead of "Contests".

Come on woot - you want to get your banner designed for dirt cheap? Multiply those prizes by 10 atleast.

outkastz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outkastz

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

pute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pute

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
archikins wrote:Come on woot - you want to get your banner designed for dirt cheap? Multiply those prizes by 10 atleast.

It leaps into the vacuum that someone is holding a gun to your head making you do it... oh wait...

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
archikins wrote:Come on woot - you want to get your banner designed for dirt cheap? Multiply those prizes by 10 atleast.

Hmmmm. I think 0 multiplied by 0 is still...ummm...yep.

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
FedUpOldHag wrote:

I really like this one!

Signature censored by Woot

batya7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batya7

Very nice! Caught my eye, got my vote...

...but it sure could use a screaming monkey blasting over the sound system to give you that "you are there" feeling!

FedUpOldHag wrote:

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
FedUpOldHag wrote:

Best one so far!

stereo3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stereo3d

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

On The Outside:

On the Inside:

easy1

toby8915 wrote:

Beautiful and well done!

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
mwiseman wrote:Hmmmm. I think 0 multiplied by 0 is still...ummm...yep.

GREAT! But it should read "... 0 multiplied by 10 is still ...ummm...yep."

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
gwbids wrote:GREAT! But it should read "... 0 multiplied by 10 is still ...ummm...yep."

Actually, I was referring to the number of prizes recently awarded by the actual payout of said prizes.

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan

Just a word of *slight* hope for the naysayers out there...

I FINALLY submitted my W9 for winnings in the 206th contest, and was paid out later that SAME DAY via paypal. The contests may be back-burner, but it doesn't look like they have turned the pilot light off just yet.

Mishe617

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mishe617

mhtrang32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhtrang32

woot has everything....almost.

Source files include Google image of the Earth, a screen capture and the fact that I do stuff like this for a living.

Sorry, link was broken yesterday.

Full image

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90

source:
Cheerleaders

wantabewooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wantabewooter

Do you smell a WOOT?

Sources

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Here is my first attempt at one of these... Sorry its a gif with animation (If anyone asks how they made a animated billboard, well if you look real close it is made out of those left over picture key chains).

Direct link to image

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1203/wootbanner.gif

Here is the images I used
http://www.ptideas.com/megagrafix/files/BuildingWrap_0.jpg
http://ulyssesonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/static.jpg
http://uglypoloparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bag_of_crap.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/3268109195_533e26a9cc_o.png

Most of the woot stuff I took from the site. If there is questions if I made this let me know and I can send the .psd file.

stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard
toby8915 wrote:On The Outside:

On the Inside:

Great Job!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

I say forget banners...there's hundreds of them hanging at these conventions and nobody really pays any attention to them. Woot needs something really attention grabbing that's not been done yet. I propose the following.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand out this t-shirt to all people entering the convention
(and have them at the booth to give away, too):

(click image for larger view)

Then you have reps walking around with random carp to give away to random people wearing the t-shirt. You're getting people's attention because the advertising for your booth is ON them instead of AROUND them. Plus there is a potential payoff to the wearer in the form of getting cool free carp.

And even if they never get a prize, they got a free shirt and they'll remember woot. And -- what does woot have plenty of that they can give away?! T-shirts and carp!! It's a win/win situation for everyone.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

gwbids

OUR TRIP TO THE WOOT BOOTH AT THE CONVENTION - PART I:

We arrived at the convention hall all giddy with excitement. First stop...the parking lot.

There wasn't much space left in the Woot lot...

So we headed on over to the 'Premium Reserved' lot. There was plenty of room there.

Does Honorable Mention count?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

sadly, I've little time for chopping this week, but if I did ... I've have the big generic Woot banner, and in front of it, there'd be a big inflatable "I Want One" button with someone jumping up and down on it trampoline style. Woot, you have good medical insurance for your convention workers, don't you?

Signature censored by Woot

snackbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snackbot

Big enough for you?

Sources: Convention Center , Moon , Silhouettes 1 , 2 , Woot Logo

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

Sources:

Nuke, Las Vegas

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
Xexus wrote:sadly, I've little time for chopping this week, but if I did ... I've have the big generic Woot banner, and in front of it, there'd be a big inflatable "I Want One" button with someone jumping up and down on it trampoline style. Woot, you have good medical insurance for your convention workers, don't you?

an inflatable "I Want One" bouncer... that truly is genius, and something they could probably get custom made and installed in the office lobby for less than the price of a big convention banner.

heck, get a whole lot of them made up in some Chinese factory and put them on the website for a few hundred bucks a pop and they'd probably sell like hotcakes.

although personally I think I'd hold out and wait for the F5-key bouncer instead...

gwbids

OUR TRIP TO THE WOOT BOOTH AT THE CONVENTION - PART II:

We walked up to the convention center and knew immediately that we were in the right place.

We entered through the door that we figured would get us closest to the woot action

and proceeded up those great stairs designed by FedUpOldHag.

Sorry I stole this photo. It's just too good and I hope it wins.

TO BE CONTINUED...

easy1

There was no requirement for a "permanent" banner in this contest, was there? WOOT!

Source

stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard

]

sources: http://www.blu-ray.com/images/ces2006/ces_03.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/30/article-0-0524E69E000005DC-209_468x490.jpg