Anthroponym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthroponym

I liked you banner ActorTom

The word is out all over the world.

I'm the man from Nantucket!

lfishead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfishead

Is it just me, or does this kid bear a striking resemblance to Elian Gonzalez? I won't go down the take a balloon back to Havana road.

I would post photographic evidence, but my lovely workplace firewall won't allow it (they also block NPR for that matter). I encourage you to compare photos for yourself.

Cornuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cornuto

Once again, you guys keep giving me server errors even when I fall in the 550px limit. If you're wondering why I haven't contacted Woot about this, stop... they haven't replied yet and the contest is ending so you'll just have to accept this link to the OVER and UNDER 550px version.

Under 550: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s57/SageCollins/SacuerShirt550.jpg

Over 550: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s57/SageCollins/SaucerShirt03.jpg

Links:
Shirt
Heene looking confused (again)
The Saucer

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

I know this entry is after the time limit and that woot takes timeliness very, very seriously, but I am so very desperate for a monkey prize...

Telestar Telescope

Miranda Kerr

Ballon Boy and Dad

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

Cornuto's entry

toby8915

cornuto, worked fine for me.

Cornuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cornuto

cornuto, worked fine for me.

I guess you'll win on my entry then. I smell a Woot-based conspiracy. This might be the biggest thing since members found out no one actually wins a bag-o-scaffolding.

toby8915

Cornuto wrote:cornuto, worked fine for me.

I guess you'll win on my entry then. I smell a Woot-based conspiracy. This might be the biggest thing since members found out no one actually wins a bag-o-scaffolding.

win? people actually win in these things? I thought they gave that up for festivus last year.

TomW

toby8915 wrote:win? people actually win in these things? I thought they gave that up for festivus last year.

They will post some results when somebody picks it out of the chore hat and it isn't a practice. Like that. Except that was a practice.

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

I received a very nice e-mail fromm J. Toon today (How I managed that is a secret I'll take to my grave). Thought I'd pass it on for those who complained of the lack communication regarding the contests. I don't think Toon will mind:

Sorry about the delay in posting results. The results for 231 will go up today and 232 tomorrow.

Don't hold him to that... read on:

Please keep in mind that the Photoshop contests are just one small part of what we do. We launched a new Woot site a month ago, we're preparing to launch another one, and we're heading into the holiday shopping season with several Woot-Offs on the schedule. We've been extremely busy.

Thanks -
Jason

I like the sound of 'several Woot-offs on the schedule."

Thanks Jason.

-gwbids

turrets11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turrets11
gwbids wrote:I received a very nice e-mail fromm J. Toon today (How I managed that is a secret I'll take to my grave). Thought I'd pass it on for those who complained of the lack communication regarding the contests. I don't think Toon will mind:

Sorry about the delay in posting results. The results for 231 will go up today and 232 tomorrow.

Don't hold him to that... read on:

Please keep in mind that the Photoshop contests are just one small part of what we do. We launched a new Woot site a month ago, we're preparing to launch another one, and we're heading into the holiday shopping season with several Woot-Offs on the schedule. We've been extremely busy.

Thanks -
Jason

I like the sound of 'several Woot-offs on the schedule."

Thanks Jason.

-gwbids

Wonderful. He's the communication guy and he communicated to one person. How about the rest of us here?

Quite honestly, I don't think the people that submit to these contests and visit woot loyally will be all that forgiving seeing as how it's been so long without results and there's been no communication. If you're really too busy to communicate, as the communications dude, hire someone else.... the economy could use a couple more job openings.

stereo3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stereo3d

I'm glad they still have the chopping contests. They certainly don't have to do them at all. I enjoy participating and it had been a while since I had posted anything because the themes were a little difficult to come up with anything funny or clever. However, I always visit the site to see what's up for the chop contest and to see what's wooting that day. Great site...keep up the good work.

gwbids

turrets11 wrote:Wonderful. He's the communication guy and he communicated to one person. How about the rest of us here?

If you're really too busy to communicate, as the communications dude, hire someone else.... the economy could use a couple more job openings.

Keep in mind that the communications dude does not just communicate with the contestants and make a few speeches, he writes the stuff on the websites, reviews blogs, does media communication, attends meetings, and God knows what else. He probably does need help. While the economy would like to see a few more jobs filled, the economy is what is causing companies to layoff, or at least not hire new positions. Hang in there. Things will get better.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the Woot-offs and photoshop for the fun of it, not the prizes. Those, too, will come in time.

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088
ActorTom wrote:

tough decision.

turrets11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turrets11
gwbids wrote:Keep in mind that the communications dude does not just communicate with the contestants and make a few speeches, he writes the stuff on the websites, reviews blogs, does media communication, attends meetings, and God knows what else. He probably does need help. While the economy would like to see a few more jobs filled, the economy is what is causing companies to layoff, or at least not hire new positions. Hang in there. Things will get better.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the Woot-offs and photoshop for the fun of it, not the prizes. Those, too, will come in time.

If you are launching more woot websites, you are not having money problems. Therefore, there's no reason to not be adequately staffed. So says Zortan.

pute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pute

We have liftoff! Dodgeball has launched into the voting stage, PM your votes to me!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
gwbids wrote:Hang in there. Things will get better.

Heh, you're a bigger optimist than I am

Honestly, I'm done waiting for things to get better. I'll still pop by once and a while, like a dog looking for his dead owner. But let's face it, the contest may not be offically dead, but there's a shifty looking guy standing in the hall, holding a scythe, and looking at his watch.

Woot's photochop contest was once a great marketing idea. It brought in lots of visitors to see the free content that we the contestants provided, and all Woot had to do is put out less than $200 per week (plus how ever long it took to judge 15 pages of entries), They probably spend more than that on their filtered water bill. shirt.woot is by far a better money maker: They still get their content for free, and many people are eager to buy (what looks most often to me like) '70's retrowear. The photochop contest feels like an old girlfriend that Woot just doesn't have the decency to break up with properly.

Signature censored by Woot

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
Xexus wrote:The photochop contest feels like an old girlfriend that Woot just doesn't have the decency to break up with properly.

Yeah, like the old girlfriend was owed money or something...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

DodgeBall #155 is up!

No money, but at least you get to do strange things to JFK at his wedding...

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
mwiseman wrote:Yeah, like the old girlfriend was owed money or something...

Not to mention the monkeys. I WANT SHARED CUSTODY!

But for real, what is going on?

Still single, can't imagine why.

iamregin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamregin

Maybe the woot contest should move to once a month, with longer submittion times? like 2 weeks. Then the last two weeks for Toon to get a couple winners chosen.

That makes 12 contests a year instead of 52..

I haven't done one of the contests in a while, but i would like to get back into it with more time.

bentracy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bentracy

"Yeah, i never thought I would be in box,
Pulling off a really dumb hoaxx
Beleive me when i say......................"

I know its late and does not qualify but i did it a while ago and thought i would at least share it.

mwiseman

So, are we all done here?

stereo3d

mwiseman wrote:So, are we all done here?

Just as Kodak killed Kodachrome...where has the new chop contest gone?

gwbids

December 4, 2009

Yesterday, President Obama asked all Americans to submit ideas on creating new jobs that could, in part, be funded from National stimulus money. My suggestion, Mr. President, would be to hire a full-time person to manage the Woot Photochop contest.

Seriously, if Woot doesn't have the time to judge or pay prizes... big deal! Many of us chop for fun. Just give us a weekly topic for our own amusement and say, "have at it, guys." Just don't abandon the Photochopping cold.

Maybe we should just seize control of it ourselves. Our first topic could be something like:
Let's Build a Woot Amusement Park. Create a photo using past or current Woot items that illustrate your ride, theme area or attraction for the park.

How about it you bored photochoppers? Want to give it a go?

zilla81

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zilla81
gwbids wrote:December 4, 2009

Yesterday, President Obama asked all Americans to submit ideas on creating new jobs that could, in part, be funded from National stimulus money. My suggestion, Mr. President, would be to hire a full-time person to manage the Woot Photochop contest.

Seriously, if Woot doesn't have the time to judge or pay prizes... big deal! Many of us chop for fun. Just give us a weekly topic for our own amusement and say, "have at it, guys." Just don't abandon the Photochopping cold.

Maybe we should just seize control of it ourselves. Our first topic could be something like:
Let's Build a Woot Amusement Park. Create a photo using past or current Woot items that illustrate your ride, theme area or attraction for the park.

How about it you bored photochoppers? Want to give it a go?

That's perfectly reasonable, but that's what the Dodgeball contests are for. I also chop for fun, and while prizes are fun, it's not my priority.

I just miss how the thread used to be so active, and there were tons of entries, good and bad. I think all that crowd went over to shirt.woot.

stereo3d

I'm still hoping for some new contests just in time for Christmas! :-)

SecretSanta123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SecretSanta123

Secret Santa

Who is Secret Santa??? and why won't WOOT let me put an img here?

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
SecretSanta123 wrote:Secret Santa

Ho, Ho, Ho we may even have them available for Christmas 2010!

stereo3d

No new contest yet?

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
stereo3d wrote:No new contest yet?

Don't hold your breath, people...

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE THE LAST "QUARTERLY PAYMENTS!" I WANT MY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

stereo3d

What's blue and sits in the corner? Wooters holding their breath waiting for a new contest.

TomW

DarthJay wrote:Don't hold your breath, people...

This is the last guy who held his breath waiting for a new contest.

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan

Zuzu Bailey: Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings, woot clips a chopper's wings...

George Bailey: That's right, that's right!

George Bailey: Attaboy, Jason!

stereo3d

What's green and sits in the corner? The same Woot photochopper two weeks later.

stereo3d

What purple and sits in the corner? Same Woot chopper after four weeks.

CMDRDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CMDRDave

Here's my first attempt at entering one of these contests...yes I know the deadline has passed, but still fun to participate. Enjoy!

balloon boy

FedEx

Bag of Sasquatch

Woot Light

CMDR_Dave

mwiseman

CMDRDave wrote:...but still fun to participate.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that, Dave.

Nice work, btw!

stereo3d

What's putrid and rotting and sitting in the corner? All Woot photochoppers waiting for a new contest since October 2009.