WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

While we weren't paying enough attention to Jason's wandering mind, he proposed the following contest: Show us a former Woot product's Facebook page (or a detail from their home page, or some other page from their account). We immediately asked ourselves: why a former Woot product? Why not a Woot product in the current rotation? How do you know if it's a former Woot product? Does it go by the acronym TPFKAAWP? And then we thought maybe we were overthinking the issue. What do you think?

First Place - $100
TomW - Bacon Salt

Well now what do we do, TomW didn't even make a Facebook page, he made a Spicerack page.

Second Place - $50
toby8915 - Roomba

Oh lawd how I don't miss Roomba High.

Third Place - $20
phedhex - AAAHAAHHAAAAAAHAAAAA

I can't stop laughing. This is better than the real thing. Maybe Bo will post something on the wall!

Honorable Mentions
mrwolfe00 - Bacon Salt

She likes long walks on the beach, sea water, and vegetarians named Steve.

ActorTom - Poor Friendless Sansa
I got nothin'.

fyrefall - VersaWrench
VersaWrench spends a leeetle too much time on Facebook. FreakaLeak and SwingJingle mght have to have an interwrenchion.

md1088 - Bob Bobson
So, Bob, you're married to Vince? How's that political conservatism workin' out there, fella?

boredbabe90 - Centon SD
Oh, here's something! I think someone should tell Sansa up above that Centon is totally crushing on her and photoshopping her into his pics. Can you say "restraining order"?

Monkey Prize
theangrybuddha - Candi

"After this song" huh, Jim...riiiight. You know how much you like Candi.

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. Don't worry, someday your prince will come. Soooomeday. Yep yep. Annnny day now. Whew, waiting's fun isn't it? Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember: Any Woot castoff can get a Facebook page these days. Even Hip Hop Hippies.

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

C'mon....really?!?! Not even honorable mention for the BoC one?!

Done.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

Woo hoo! My first win. Only moments after posting a passive aggressive comment about results in another thread. Whining works!

I would like to thank my cats, and my wife and all of those bastards who never believed in me. How do you like me now? No, don't play the music, I have so much more to say. Get away from me, Jon Stewart!!!!!

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

Congrats, all!

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

Congrats all! I almost forgot what these looked like. Thanks for the HM, judges. I created a facebook account just to enter this contest and now I feel like a veteran. Sad, really.

-FF

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Congrats Winners!!!

And yay to Woot for posting more results, now if we can just get some movement on these PayPal payouts ...

Signature censored by Woot

kwkelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli

Congrats to all. This was one of the most entertaining contests yet, sooo many good entries!

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

Wow! A woot-off and contest results in the same day!

Congrats to the winners!

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Woot off and results. WOW. But based upon how long it has taken, I still think they need to pass the results posting duties off to a volunteer.

Congrats to the winners and fellow HM's.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

I totally forgot about this contest! Oh, Bacon Salt, you cheeky little devil.

Congrats winners and HMs!

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

I received a very nice e-mail fromm J. Toon today (How I managed that is a secret I'll take to my grave). For those who complained of the lack communication regarding the contests, let me post here part of his e-mail. I don't think Toon will mind:

Sorry about the delay in posting results. The results for 231 will go up today and 232 tomorrow.

Don't hold him to that... read on:

Please keep in mind that the Photoshop contests are just one small part of what we do. We launched a new Woot site a month ago, we're preparing to launch another one, and we're heading into the holiday shopping season with several Woot-Offs on the schedule. We've been extremely busy.

Thanks -
Jason

I like the sound of 'several Woot-offs on the schedule."

Thanks Jason.

-gwbids

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088

HM on my first contest entry!

woot!

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
gwbids wrote:
Sorry about the delay in posting results. The results for 231 will go up today and 232 tomorrow.
Please keep in mind that the Photoshop contests are just one small part of what we do. We launched a new Woot site a month ago, we're preparing to launch another one, and we're heading into the holiday shopping season with several Woot-Offs on the schedule. We've been extremely busy.

Thanks -
Jason

I've been saying for a while that jason is stretched too thin with all the new sites. All the more reason to hand the duties of posting the results to a volunteer moderator.

zilla81

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zilla81

Grats Winners, those made me laugh.

/hug Toon

theangrybuddha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theangrybuddha

Not sure why I got the Monkey Prize, but I won't argue with that. Anyone know what MP winners usually get?

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan
theangrybuddha wrote:Not sure why I got the Monkey Prize, but I won't argue with that. Anyone know what MP winners usually get?

Lately? Nothing.

Previously? A stretchable monkey you shoot like a slingshot that makes a horrible screeching sound that drives animals (and myself) nuts.

If you shoot it right, it won't scream until impacting something, which makes it fun to shoot near your wife if she isn't paying attention... On that note, it also makes a snuggly bed time companion when you sleep on the sofa.

theangrybuddha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theangrybuddha
taipan wrote:Lately? Nothing.

Previously? A stretchable monkey you shoot like a slingshot that makes a horrible screeching sound that drives animals (and myself) nuts.

If you shoot it right, it won't scream until impacting something, which makes it fun to shoot near your wife if she isn't paying attention... On that note, it also makes a snuggly bed time companion when you sleep on the sofa.

Ah, damn. I already have a screaming monkey. I suppose it will be nice to have a back-up.

md1088

HEY!!!!

COUPON CODE DOESN"T WORK! TOON! I EMAILED YOU DAYS AGO AND YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED!! I wanna buy the coffee on wine.woot and don't feel like paying for the shipping!!!!

please fix!! thanks!!

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

The coupon code has never worked for me, personally. After purchasing, I've always been able to email service@woot.com with my order number and which contest my coupon came from and they refunded me the $5.

I appear to be melting.

md1088

Toadlet wrote:The coupon code has never worked for me, personally. After purchasing, I've always been able to email service@woot.com with my order number and which contest my coupon came from and they refunded me the $5.

thanks! I shall try that.