Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:Yes. We have had many discussions, and mini-discussions when we are together about everything. She has told me she is really glad we found her after she had time to think about it.

The little turd.

She is lucky to have a good Auntie like you to look after her.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:My dream Christmas would to have my sisters and their family as well as my daughter and son in law all together but I know this will never happen.

That would be nice. It's hard to get everyone together these days. I'm glad we went to my Grandpa's today, even though he wasn't feeling well. And we are always happy when my Uncle cooks.

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:She is lucky to have a good Auntie like you to look after her.

In my opinion, she will be lucky to survive to get to college. LOL.

She's lucky to have me, but I am also blessed to have a good relationship with her and the nephew too. They bring a lot of joy and laughter in my life. The yucky stuff is minor compared to that.

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:In my opinion, she will be lucky to survive to get to college. LOL.

She's lucky to have me, but I am also blessed to have a good relationship with her and the nephew too. They bring a lot of joy and laughter in my life. The yucky stuff is minor compared to that.

10 years from now you'll both laugh at her antics.

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:10 years from now you'll both laugh at her antics.

Yep. And I will (once again) inform her that she is responsible for putting me in the GOOD nursing home.

Iceback

I have a very good relationship with my nieces and nephews. Unfortunatly they live in North Carolina and Canada so I only see them once in a while. My two nieces call and text me regularly though. I can't wait those two in the spring. My youngest niece is graduating from High School so Mrs. Ice and I are going to attend. I am also looking forward to seeing my sister her hubby too. I am especially looking forward to her cooking.

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:Yep. And I will (once again) inform her that she is responsible for putting me in the GOOD nursing home.

Maybe she can take you in. Then when you have your second childhood it can be payback time!

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:Maybe she can take you in. Then when you have your second childhood it can be payback time!

Oh, I'll pay her back allright. lol

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote: Oh, I'll pay her back allright. lol

Maybe ask to give the speech at her wedding...recall some of her adventures along with the naked baby slide show.

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:I have a very good relationship with my nieces and nephews. Unfortunatly they live in North Carolina and Canada so I only see them once in a while. My two nieces call and text me regularly though. I can't wait those two in the spring. My youngest niece is graduating from High School so Mrs. Ice and I are going to attend. I am also looking forward to seeing my sister her hubby too. I am especially looking forward to her cooking.

sounds like fun!!!

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:sounds like fun!!!

I haven't seen that sister in 3 years so it will be good. The nieces both have spent summers here in the past.
I see my younger sister every year when we go up to see my daughter. She has the two boys. The younger is quite a lot like me at his age...not really a good thing but he is the one that makes the real effort to spend as much time as he can with his Uncle B and Auntie C.

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:I haven't seen that sister in 3 years so it will be good. The nieces both have spent summers here in the past.
I see my younger sister every year when we go up to see my daughter. She has the two boys. The younger is quite a lot like me at his age...not really a good thing but he is the one that makes the real effort to spend as much time as he can with his Uncle B and Auntie C.

I am happy I live so close. It is honestly one of the reasons I don't even really want to move into town. I like being able to do things with them at the drop of a hat, or help if needed. (rather than having to drive 30 min)

kdccrosby

wonder what the final verdict was on Poof's pulled pork?

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:I am happy I live so close. It is honestly one of the reasons I don't even really want to move into town. I like being able to do things with them at the drop of a hat, or help if needed. (rather than having to drive 30 min)

Close proximity to family does have it's advantages. Then again distance has some too.

I think the heavy dinner we had tonight is catching up to me and I think I need to go to bed before I fall asleep in this chair.
Nite Kid
Nite to all who show up later.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:wonder what the final verdict was on Poof's pulled pork?

Well, everyone said it was great, some had second helpings. I frankly thought it was pretty blah.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Well, everyone said it was great, some had second helpings. I frankly thought it was pretty blah.

definitely not going into the preferred recipes then...

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:definitely not going into the preferred recipes then...

Nope, too much work for not enough gain.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Happy Wootaversary to me
Happy Wootaversary to me
Happy Wootaversary, Happy Wootaversary....
Happy Wootaversary to me!

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Still no snow at my house, sigh,,,,

Iceback

Good morning all
Weather man say sunny with a high of 61...YAY

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

We have snow! Now that the sun has come up I can see a dusting of snow on our deck. Nothing on the road. It is still snowing up in the mountains between us and the Interstate so I suppose we won't go to the beach again today. It is a good thing we had to come back home, out pet sitters have not shown up or called! They rent one of out houses and haven't paid their rent this month. Hubby is mad. Beyond mad. I see eviction in their future if they don't have a life or death excuse!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

One foot. Less then they said.

Stray kid in the basement. Came for a birthday party two blocks from here. Could have walked home, but it is more than a mile and the plows weren't out by the time they came home.

Oh course, son and friend are sleeping and hubby is doing the snow.
I don't get it
They are 22
They go to the gym 4 times a week
But hubby won't wake them up.

Well, there is still the neighbor and the grandparents for them.

Plus the neighbor across the street. Her fool son is doing his with his boys, who are maybe 11 and 13? Prime snow shoveling age.
He hasn't done his mothers yet.

As my next door neighbor said once...if I see that old lady shoveling again, I'm going to go over and deck him!
She like shoveling, so I just get her out of the house. Sidewalk, walk to front door and stoop. She can play with the rest.

More evidence I am going crazy....I pored the water to make my oatmeal into the oatmeal box. Not the cereal bowl.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good things

There is a pair of cardinals on the bird feeder!
The snow is still light.

Skek, there are some birds that look like sparrows, but have a white bottom and blackish top. Pretty. I should put the bird feeder back on the window. Squirrels were jumping onto the window and climbing hand over hand, up the j channel of the window, to get to it.
(j channel is the trim around the window if you have vinyl siding)
They were also always on the front stoop and I was thinking some day one would run in when I opened the door.
I love squirrels, but NOT in the house!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Happy Wootaversary to me
Happy Wootaversary to me

Night all. Tomorrow.

Happy Wootaversary to you!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Happy Wootaversary to you!

Thank you.

Good morning all. Roads are evidently slickery this morning.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Thank you.

Good morning all. Roads are evidently slickery this morning.

yuck. do you have to go anywhere?

I'm not really planning on going anywhere, unless it is to take the presents I have wrapped to my sister's house.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Happy Wootaversary to me
Happy Wootaversary to me

Night all. Tomorrow.

Happy Wootaversary!!!

How did you find woot?

Did you ever think you would be here 5 years????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

kdccrosby

Wow! That's a lot of snow... Poor little deer are probably cooolllddd.... Very pretty pics.

Josephus

kdccrosby wrote:Wow! That's a lot of snow... Poor little deer are probably cooolllddd.... Very pretty pics.

'little' deer? they aren't really little. and they seem to be quite well out there, eating the berries off my hollies, if they are, and the leaves off of whatever that other little tree is. There are paths all through our yard where they've been going around, getting abite, movin' on.

Don't worry about those giant rats of the East Coast.

Josephus

some guy got attacked by one this last summer. It was a six point buck, and it gored him. He had a punctured lung, a couple of broken ribs, and a nice hospital visit. He was in his driveway, and yelled at the deer. The boss-man of the den of deer attacked.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Howdy. Done shovelin', at least until a plow gets into the neighborhood!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

Our road is clear, and down to pavement. I've got that part mostly shoveled, close to the road, but still have a goodly portion of the driveway to finish. snow's about 4 inches thick on there, apparently blew in during the night, though we did get a bit of snow last evening, not very much. the neighborhoods are far from clear around here, but we live right on a snow route.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I measured 26" on the roof of the car; prolly 18-20 on the driveway.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:some guy got attacked by one this last summer. It was a six point buck, and it gored him. He had a punctured lung, a couple of broken ribs, and a nice hospital visit. He was in his driveway, and yelled at the deer. The boss-man of the den of deer attacked.

They should get the guy next door! The guy who was dressing the deer in his yard, driving the dogs in the houses on either side, crazy!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:They should get the guy next door! The guy who was dressing the deer in his yard, driving the dogs in the houses on either side, crazy!

No they shouldn't! He should get the deer that almost killed that poor man!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Best line of the day on TV. From a review on music box sets.
It was for a Rolling Stone 1969 concert.

About the Rolling Stones

"You parents didn't get it.
Your kids don't get it.
But if you're lucky, you'll get it for Christmas."

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

Wife measured several places around yard. Most were 17-18 inches, one was over 20, and one just 12. That was before dark, so I'd guess we had about 19-20 when it stopped. Today it is a bit lower, it's had time to settle, I guess, and the wind has continued to blow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:No they shouldn't! He should get the deer that almost killed that poor man!

But this guys kills deers every year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

We got about a foot. It was windy, so it is had to tell.
We moved it all and now all the snow is put in it's proper place.
Until the cursed plow comes down the block again!
Friggin guy came a bunch of times in a row. I thought the people down the block were going to start throwing stuff at him!
Everyone is done. Even all the old people are shoveled out.

Son and friend finally got up and shoveled out a spot for son's car, which is the worst snow, because it is plowed snow.

We did notice a lack of young people with shovels.
All the parents were griping about it, but somehow we still did most of the work.

At least we weren't the only ones out while a perfectly healthy young person stayed in the house sleeping

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!