Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:We got about a foot. It was windy, so it is had to tell.
We moved it all and now all the snow is put in it's proper place.
Until the cursed plow comes down the block again!
Friggin guy came a bunch of times in a row. I thought the people down the block were going to start throwing stuff at him!
Everyone is done. Even all the old people are shoveled out.

Son and friend finally got up and shoveled out a spot for son's car, which is the worst snow, because it is plowed snow.

We did notice a lack of young people with shovels.
All the parents were griping about it, but somehow we still did most of the work.

At least we weren't the only ones out while a perfectly healthy young person stayed in the house sleeping

Umm......so who are the smart ones? Sounds like the showed just as the real work finished up.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Okay, Car and truck shoveled out. Hope a plow makes a pass tonight!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

Hello all.

Happy Wootiversary Poof!!!

I'd gladly take some of the snow from all your Easterners. Still hovering around 40 here and has been raining since Friday. Looking forward to not doing too much today, but I need the kids to frost enough cookies to make small plates for their teachers and maybe send Orc to the coffee shop for a couple small gift cards.

Still haven't wrapped any presents for our house, may try to do that today too.

Got two Christmas cards yesterday for people whose addresses I didn't have even though I did ask one of them for HIS address. The cards might make it by Christmas if I send them tomorrow. . .

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Hello all.

Happy Wootiversary Poof!!!

I'd gladly take some of the snow from all your Easterners. Still hovering around 40 here and has been raining since Friday. Looking forward to not doing too much today, but I need the kids to frost enough cookies to make small plates for their teachers and maybe send Orc to the coffee shop for a couple small gift cards.

Still haven't wrapped any presents for our house, may try to do that today too.

Got two Christmas cards yesterday for people whose addresses I didn't have even though I did ask one of them for HIS address. The cards might make it by Christmas if I send them tomorrow. . .

Come and get it!! I don't ship!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Come and get it!! I don't ship!

ah man, I'm not allowed to travel.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Iceback wrote:Umm......so who are the smart ones? Sounds like the showed just as the real work finished up.

"smart ones"? more like totally jerks.

Iceback

Josephus wrote:"smart ones"? more like totally jerks.

Sarcasm

AZGman

Hmmm . . . everybody out for the evenin'??

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Hmmm . . . everybody out for the evenin'??

I just was out to Starbucks

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cooking here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

Sorry I snuck a relaxing hot shower while the kids were still sleeping (well ver1 anyway).

Now Orc is getting ready to take the kids to the grocery store.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

I had a migraine today. Took some wrapped presents to my sister's. No tags on them, they are wrapped in different paper. distressed the niece for a minute until she figured out what I did.

Took sister's boyfriend to wal-mart to exchange is truck battery for a new one.

Came home, took some excederin migraine and went to sleep.

headache still not completely gone

AZGman

Snowed in, crappy football, I'm pooped out and gone.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Crappy day. Husband's mom called at 11 that the cardiologist had discharged her from the hospital. We left to get her. The #@!$@ hospitalist didn't come in until 3 to discharge her. Took her home, fixed dinner and ate there, finally home. And she's being a real pita tonight, too.

Now a bunch of proofing that didn't get done today.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I had a migraine today. Took some wrapped presents to my sister's. No tags on them, they are wrapped in different paper. distressed the niece for a minute until she figured out what I did.

Took sister's boyfriend to wal-mart to exchange is truck battery for a new one.

Came home, took some excederin migraine and went to sleep.

headache still not completely gone

yuck on the headache.

Did niece think she is only getting coal for Christmas?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Snowed in, crappy football, I'm pooped out and gone.

See ya!

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:yuck on the headache.

Did niece think she is only getting coal for Christmas?

heh - she should!

She DOES know there is not a laptop, and why.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Crappy day. Husband's mom called at 11 that the cardiologist had discharged her from the hospital. We left to get her. The #@!$@ hospitalist didn't come in until 3 to discharge her. Took her home, fixed dinner and ate there, finally home. And she's being a real pita tonight, too.

Uggh, I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. I hate when the hospital people can't get their act together. And they'll charge for that extra time too.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Crappy day. Husband's mom called at 11 that the cardiologist had discharged her from the hospital. We left to get her. The #@!$@ hospitalist didn't come in until 3 to discharge her. Took her home, fixed dinner and ate there, finally home. And she's being a real pita tonight, too.

aww... sorry Poof! what a sucky day...

Hope mil feels better.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:aww... sorry Poof! what a sucky day...

Hope mil feels better.

She feels fine. Passed out (sorta) at the hairdresser's again. They have no clue what's causing this. Although she was supposed to come home last evening, was sitting and talking to my s-i-l, when according to the machinery, her heart rate plummeted to 39. She had no knowledge of it.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:She feels fine. Passed out (sorta) at the hairdresser's again. They have no clue what's causing this. Although she was supposed to come home last evening, was sitting and talking to my s-i-l, when according to the machinery, her heart rate plummeted to 39. She had no knowledge of it.

scary!

My Grandpa told us yesterday that his doctor called him to come in for a CT scan of his heart. Evidently, when he went in last week to the hospital w/irregular heartbeat - the other doctor discharged him, without discussing with the primary doctor. Primary doctor was pissed!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:scary!

My Grandpa told us yesterday that his doctor called him to come in for a CT scan of his heart. Evidently, when he went in last week to the hospital w/irregular heartbeat - the other doctor discharged him, without discussing with the primary doctor. Primary doctor was pissed!

That's scary stuff for both of you!!!!!

One of my doulas just helped a friend have a baby, her water broke, but labor didn't start for 2 days, she ended up having to have a c-section because the baby's heart rate kept tanking. I guess they are both having a really hard time now too.

PWA needs some happy vibes.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:That's scary stuff for both of you!!!!!

One of my doulas just helped a friend have a baby, her water broke, but labor didn't start for 2 days, she ended up having to have a c-section because the baby's heart rate kept tanking. I guess they are both having a really hard time now too.

PWA needs some happy vibes.

hmmm... there's happy stuff too! we are doing pretty good, and I for one have a lot to be thankful for.

Family I love (even if they drive me bonkers), have a good job and good friends, both in here and in the outside world.

Yep - I'm pretty happy at the moment.

I have a nice bowl full of happy

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:hmmm... there's happy stuff too! we are doing pretty good, and I for one have a lot to be thankful for.

Family I love (even if they drive me bonkers), have a good job and good friends, both in here and in the outside world.

Yep - I'm pretty happy at the moment.

I have a nice bowl full of happy

Thanks for the bowl of happy. I'm doing fairly well too, although I just realized I'm starving. . . I wonder if there is any food left in the fridge. . . .

Seriously though, I have the best daughters in the world. They constantly are giving me hugs and wanting to be with me. I hope they never forget that Mommy only survives because of their hugs.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:Thanks for the bowl of happy. I'm doing fairly well too, although I just realized I'm starving. . . I wonder if there is any food left in the fridge. . . .

Seriously though, I have the best daughters in the world. They constantly are giving me hugs and wanting to be with me. I hope they never forget that Mommy only survives because of their hugs.

They'll only forget some when the are teenagers. Then they'll make up for it with apologies and extra hugs when they are in their twenties.

I apologized to my mom (again) just today for my teens.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:They'll only forget some when the are teenagers. Then they'll make up for it with apologies and extra hugs when they are in their twenties.

I apologized to my mom (again) just today for my teens.

I'm hoping we survive, I was miserable to my Mom my whole life. We didn't get along at all until I got engaged to Orc.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I'm hoping we survive, I was miserable to my Mom my whole life. We didn't get along at all until I got engaged to Orc.

I think you'll have a good relationship with your kids, even as teens. no worries!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I think you'll have a good relationship with your kids, even as teens. no worries!

I hope so too, digging a basement dungeon to lock them in is just so much work.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I hope so too, digging a basement dungeon to lock them in is just so much work.

cages. you can move them to the outside when it's nice out and feed them through the bars. I'm sure the neighbors would understand.

Josephus

KtCallista wrote:I hope so too, digging a basement dungeon to lock them in is just so much work.

My impression is you just have to put a tv dwn there, and you're all set. You don't even have to lock them in if you have a stocked fridge too.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:My impression is you just have to put a tv dwn there, and you're all set. You don't even have to lock them in if you have a stocked fridge too.

hmmm

cages, tv, why they'd probably think it's paradise. I could be the best Mom ever!

pooflady

Josephus wrote:My impression is you just have to put a tv dwn there, and you're all set. You don't even have to lock them in if you have a stocked fridge too.

And a cell phone. I'm not sure survival is now possible for a teen without a cell phone.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:And a cell phone. I'm not sure survival is now possible for a teen without a cell phone.

Cell phone with GPS tracking on it - so you can find them if they escape

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Cell phone with GPS tracking on it - so you can find them if they escape

maybe we'll just have to implant RFID chips in them.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:maybe we'll just have to implant RFID chips in them.

lol!

pooflady

Started coughing this evening. Do you think it could have anything to do with being close to d-i-l and very, very close to granddaughter #4, both of whom shortly thereafter were diagnosed with bronchitis?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Started coughing this evening. Do you think it could have anything to do with being close to d-i-l and very, very close to granddaughter #4, both of whom shortly thereafter were diagnosed with bronchitis?

UH OH!!! if you feel bad tomorrow, head to the dr. pronto!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:UH OH!!! if you feel bad tomorrow, head to the dr. pronto!

YUCK Poof!!!! I completely agree. Don't joke around with this. My Dad is still sick, and it's just miserable for him.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:And a cell phone. I'm not sure survival is now possible for a teen without a cell phone.

They'll provide that for themselves!

KtCallista

woooo Looks like we are hosting an impromptu party this Wednesday. Unfortunately, out of everyone coming, Orc and I are the only ones that have to work.