LEM- wrote:Sadly, USPS says that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Apparently the package walked into the post office after my mailmen left... And while I still have a little tiny hope, that maybe.. maybe the mailman has forgotten his ear warmers, realized how bitterly cold it is out and returned for them to find my package anxiously waiting to be delivered at his desk.... the sad reality probably is - I'm not getting it 'till tomorrow... Which would still be a day earlier than FedEx estimate...
Well, I guess I'll settle for a birdie, if an eagle is not meant to be :/..... Just one more day of sweet anticipation!
HE DID, HE DID!
He went back to the post office to grab those ear warmers and so we have an eagle!!!
Two days early, as per FedEx guesstimate...
Box reported by FedEx as 18.4 in. x 13.1 in. x 12.6 in. @ 9.9lb, and is confirmed to be accurate!
When I opened it up, below the Texas Air bags appeared a complete mess of wires and cordless phones. Sorry no initial opening pic, as I had to get elbows deep into that box right away and start untangling, sorting, categorizing.
And the resulting haul is:
- 6 x GE Cordless phones, 1 missing batteries - condition: look shiny, some in packaging, none charged, charging/testing pending.
- 8 x GE chargers for said phones - condition: Looks good, complete with power adapters, and all.
- 2 x GE Bases for said phones - condition: Complete with power adapters, testing pending.
- 3 x Phone cords - condition: one attached to a base mentioned above, one brand new, one does not seem to belong to the set (different color)...
- 2 x PhD mechanical pencils - condition: Obligatory item, but very nice, brand new will use them for sure!
- 1 x Set of yellow Woot lights - condition: new in box, working.
- 1 x Manual for 4x Digital Decor Photo frame - condition: Missing the frame.
- 1 x Belkin XM radio case condition: Obligatory item.
- 1 x White 5th gen iPod Video, 30G ($99.99 on Woot) - condition: Refurbished, but sealed in a box complete with packaging materials, protective covers, and all (no manual or disk). Content: empty.
Phones are yet to be tested. Downloaded iTunes and tried iPod - initially reported Disk cannot be read from or written to
error upon attempts to write something to it. Performed Restoring iPod to factory settings
routine as per Apple recommendation. It seemed to work. Copied about 1G of random tracks to it, and it works.
So all in all a great haul! The bulk of the weight was the phones, but the iPod made the day. Now it's probably going to be a fight between family members as to who gets it!
And of course, no crаp report is complete without a nice picture:
(note: some packaging material from phones was omitted from the pic).
Thank you Woot for another 2+ weeks of anticipation fun, and thank you for the great CRАP!!!!
Good luck to those still waiting!