Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning all!

Congrats to those who made it on the collab shirt, it looks great!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:Morning all!

Congrats to those who made it on the collab shirt, it looks great!

Thanks! I'm much gladder that the pucker is on there than my slug. Though that's pretty cool too. :^D

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:Thanks! I'm much gladder that the pucker is on there than my slug. Though that's pretty cool too. :^D

I concur. The pucker (and corndoc) were great to see. Not to say the slug wasn't also cool to see. Hope you don't blow all that money you'll make off the shirt

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

So, who plans on doing what, where, this evening??

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

AZGman wrote:So, who plans on doing what, where, this evening??

Hi!

I'm hoping to stay home. Maybe have big bro, his girlfriend and Baby Danger come over. Going out on NYE in Vegas is downright scary.

However, a friend made reservations at a restaurant and included me in the final number, so I may be obliged to show. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

We're staying home. Usually we play cards with three other couples, but one couple is in Mexico on vacation and the hostess is undergoing chemo this year.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning.

Nothing. Here. Yes.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

Lots of nothing.

If I'm amazingly motivated, I'll start tearing the kitchen apart to clean out the unused 'stuff' and make room for the things currently wedged in or sitting on the counters.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning.

Nothing. Here. Yes.

Me, too either!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Me, too either!

An exciting pair we are!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:An exciting pair we are!

I've always been something of a D-List guest at most social events anyway.

Mavyn

Yay! Boss-man stopped by and said I can leave at noon, which gives me oodles of time to hit the store and pick up a few grocery essentials.

Ok, yes, sad, that's the highlight of the day, but...Yay!

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:Yay! Boss-man stopped by and said I can leave at noon, which gives me oodles of time to hit the store and pick up a few grocery essentials.

Ok, yes, sad, that's the highlight of the day, but...Yay!

I'm hoping I get the ol' 59-minute rule release soon or this will be just another 8 hour work day.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

I have a party to go to with a group of friends.
Food, drink, and music all night and designated drivers to bring us all home safely.
I think it will be fun.

PemberDucky

Staff

acemom wrote:I have a party to go to with a group of friends.
Food, drink, and music all night and designated drivers to bring us all home safely.
I think it will be fun.

Sounds like it will be!

AZGman

I think it will be fun.

I used to have a group of friends!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
I think it will be fun.

Sounds like fun! I am invited to two different parties, but I am not sure if I am going to either. They are combination outside / inside. And it is cold outside at night!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
AZGman wrote:I used to have a group of friends!

So did I, when I was married.
Now I have a new group of friends (mostly married couples) who are my friends because they like ME, not anything to do with the ex.
You need to get out there! Isn't the Legion having anything tonight?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Thanks! I'm much gladder that the pucker is on there than my slug. Though that's pretty cool too. :^D

Got two. Don't know if I'll wear them. Don't like white. But all my friends, except skek are on it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:sooo... all the responsibilities and work of home ownership without any of the, ya know, ownership? why again are you renting?

Much excitement on the impending Ver3! Just need to hang on a few more days. C'mon Tuesday!

Right now I'm trying to remind him that he's a January baby (sorry TT).

Did get some sleep.

It's a partial rent partial own situation. We own the structure not the land. I really want to move. We were straight-up renting when we were pregnant with Ver1 and the place was in such bad shape we were huddled in one room freezing in the winter (not a good situation for a December baby). At the time the USDA wouldn't give a loan that was big enough to buy a house in this town even though it was one of the towns they covered. The banks would only show us variable rate loans (you know the ones that caused the financial meltdown), and Orc knew enough to not want to go near those. At the time, this was a really nice place to live and it was a good deal. Rent was really cheap even combined with the partial mortgage, then the owner sold to some "person" in CA and things got bad. Rent has consistently gone up and the the maintenance they cover has gone down. In the beginning they gave cancellation excuses like taxes going up (umm we pay the taxes separate) and garbage going up (we pay our own trash bills). . . .

Beware the V'owls screech!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Hey Ace - Happy New Year('s Eve)!

Planning on going to NYE party at church friends' place. I've been told to bring the Wii... trying to think which games to bring for greatest entertainment-at-expense-of-players factor. Samba de Amigo, perhaps?

KtCallista

No plans here. Although I'm really beginning to feel like I'll be celebrating at the hospital. The contractions came back. Maybe I'll go lay down when Orc gets in. I really need a shower.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:No plans here. Although I'm really beginning to feel like I'll be celebrating at the hospital. The contractions came back. Maybe I'll go lay down when Orc gets in. I really need a shower.

Any luck on the plumbing yet?

Turken

KtCallista wrote:Rent was really cheap even combined with the partial mortgage, then the owner sold to some "person" in CA and things got bad. Rent has consistently gone up and the the maintenance they cover has gone down.

That explains a lot. We've been in a similar situation too, where the landlord sells the property you're renting and the new owner can't see any farther than trying to recoup their investment as fast as possible.

Fortunately, in our case the outgoing landlord (a very nice small-town lawyer) drew up a new extended lease that gave us some very generous benefits before selling the property, and the new owner was more incompetent than malevolent when it came to maintenance and upkeep.

Turken

kdccrosby wrote:Any luck on the plumbing yet?

referring to the hers or the house's?

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Hey Ace - Happy New Year('s Eve)!

Planning on going to NYE party at church friends' place. I've been told to bring the Wii... trying to think which games to bring for greatest entertainment-at-expense-of-players factor. Samba de Amigo, perhaps?

If you have Monkey ball the party games are lots of fun at a gathering like that!

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Any luck on the plumbing yet?

Plumber friend is back in town, but has to work today. Tried calling him to see if he could swing by and tell us what we need, but I think he was on a job. I'm hoping he calls back. His wife is going to watch my kids while at the hospital, so I suppose things will get fixed, but as of right now still no water.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Going to a movie/dinner @3 then home before the drunks hit the road. Doubt we'll be up @ midnight. Might stay up til 11 to wish the eastern time zone family a happy new year.

In the end only kindness matters

PemberDucky

Staff

Question.
I received this as a gift during the holiday.

Do ya'll think this is solely a holiday-oriented accessory, or do you think it's something that can be worn year-round?

(PS: Mine doesn't have the diamonds, so I'm sure it wasn't NEARLY as much, so plz do not be thinking I am surrounded by ballers...)

Mavyn

Well, I'm far from a fashionista, but I'd say yes, that can be worn year round. It's doesn't scream 'Christmas'. The colors are year-round, and gifts are given for other than Christmas, right?

It's pretty!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello all. Back from Staples and Kroger.

Ducky, don't see why that can't be worn year round. Especially since it's not red.

KtC, hang on another 36 hours

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Hello all. Back from Staples and Kroger.

Ducky, don't see why that can't be worn year round. Especially since it's not red.

KtC, hang on another 36 hours

You aren't out yet.

PemberDucky

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Well, I'm far from a fashionista, but I'd say yes, that can be worn year round. It's doesn't scream 'Christmas'. The colors are year-round, and gifts are given for other than Christmas, right?

It's pretty!

pooflady wrote:

Thanks, Mavyn and Poof! I couldn't figure out whether it would be strange to wear it in, say, June. But ya'll make a good point: the color certainly makes a difference.

And I guess there's a substantial enough segment of people who would know what it is.

I just felt like it's too darn cute to wear during one particular time of year!

kdccrosby

PemberDucky wrote:Thanks, Mavyn and Poof! I couldn't figure out whether it would be strange to wear it in, say, June. But ya'll make a good point: the color certainly makes a difference.

And I guess there's a substantial enough segment of people who would know what it is.

I just felt like it's too darn cute to wear during one particular time of year!

I agree. most women will recognize Tiffany blue. And I definitely think you should wear it throughout the year

PemberDucky

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:I agree. most women will recognize Tiffany blue. And I definitely think you should wear it throughout the year

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. I shall wear it perennially with pride!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
PemberDucky wrote:Question.
I received this as a gift during the holiday.

Do ya'll think this is solely a holiday-oriented accessory, or do you think it's something that can be worn year-round?

(PS: Mine doesn't have the diamonds, so I'm sure it wasn't NEARLY as much, so plz do not be thinking I am surrounded by ballers...)

ohh shiny! I don't think it is limited to Christmas. We look for the blue box all year! We have been looking at houses again. I had made up my mind but now I'm confused again.

kdccrosby

joyner wrote:ohh shiny! I don't think it is limited to Christmas. We look for the blue box all year! We have been looking at houses again. I had made up my mind but now I'm confused again.

maybe you should be looking for a shiny house in a nice shade of Tiffany Blue?

AZGman

Okay, emplaced for NYE. Will Order pizza when the battle-ex and son depart.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Okay, emplaced for NYE. Will Order pizza when the battle-ex and son depart.

Sounds like a solid plan!

Doula went to run errands, kids in their room, not being quiet yet. I'm having a break so I'm trying to veg and relax. Finally was able to eat for the first time since 3pm yesterday.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Sounds like a solid plan!

Doula went to run errands, kids in their room, not being quiet yet. I'm having a break so I'm trying to veg and relax. Finally was able to eat for the first time since 3pm yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I ate yesterday. Plan on eating today, too.