fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait
mamajoan wrote:Hey Woot, how about doing a happy hour some day that isn't at the exact time of day when we on the east coast are commuting? I'm guaranteed never to be able to attend a single one if they are all from 5-6pm Eastern, because that's the exact hour during which I'm traveling home from work.

Substitute "hours" for "hour", and I fit that bill as well. The Bunch of Crepes served during woot-offs usually pops up between 4:00 - 6:30 PM Eastern Time as well. Several friends have gotten their grubbies on a Bunch of Crepes after I announce that I'm headed home.

I just think Woot's trying to make me regret leaving the midwest.

whoster69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoster69

So I have to be a part of the nonsense known as Twiter? NO THANKS!

You just lost some potential business.

adavidw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adavidw
whoster69 wrote:So I have to be a part of the nonsense known as Twiter? NO THANKS!

You just lost some potential business.

You don't have to do anything with twitter. See, all you have to do is check Woot at least every hour, and at some point you're bound to run into it.

In seriousness, you don't need a twitter account or anything. You can get an RSS feed of the Woot twitter posts to add to your favorite RSS reader. The woot twitter feed is at http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/734493.rss

-Aaron

alobarbear1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alobarbear1
marajad3 wrote:Yes please.

yes, yes, yes. How about a nite cap woot
after 9pm est.

irfandiwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irfandiwan
MidwestDrummer wrote:It doesn't pop up on the main woot.com page. If you wanna find out immediate, you have to follow @Woot on Twitter. I use the Windows Twitter client Twhirl, which refreshes new Tweets from the people I follow in real time. The Tweet @Woot posted today, was:

Need a break? The Woot Happy Hour starts in 5 minutes: http://woot.com/happyhour Tweet #woot to chat.

irfandiwan

irfandiwan wrote:

hi i m new in woot plz halp me

irfandiwan

bobunkdon wrote:Imagine my surprise when a Fed Ex truck pulls up and drops off a 42" Philips tv! The balance is due on Monday! Thanks Woot and Tim Eaton!

hi

RizzoTees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RizzoTees

This is fantastic! I humbly offer Rizzo Tees as a potential happy hour deal!

murphnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murphnj

Any chance of extending this to identi.ca as well? I'm not on twitter.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

Man, you'd think that with the wootoff just two weeks ago and then the fantastic adventure deal on the 1st, the Woot staff would be ready for a happy hour.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

So it's been just about a month... is it dead, Jim?

hobbie

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hobbie

The last Happy Hour was May 18th, will we see another one?

Komarimashitane!

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

Can a staff member please tell us the truth? Will there be anymore happy hours? @WootLive is making it seem like there won't be anymore, but you can never take those guys too seriously.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
acdawg wrote:Can a staff member please tell us the truth? Will there be anymore happy hours? @WootLive is making it seem like there won't be anymore, but you can never take those guys too seriously.

You should never take the @WootLive guys seriously. Except for the times that they are telling the truth.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

acdawg

BigD wrote:You should never take the @WootLive guys seriously. Except for the times that they are telling the truth.

Haha, that's the problem, trying to figure out when they're telling the truth. Can we give them lie detector tests for every tweet?

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

Has Happy Hour died a slow death or are there some secret plans for a Super Happy Happy Hour on Woot's birthday?

If Happy Hour is no longer feasible, perhaps we can have Woot Sunday Brunch? Or maybe the Woot Power Lunch?

acdawg

jaymanmsu wrote:Has Happy Hour died a slow death or are there some secret plans for a Super Happy Happy Hour on Woot's birthday?

If Happy Hour is no longer feasible, perhaps we can have Woot Sunday Brunch? Or maybe the Woot Power Lunch?

THIRSTY THURSDAYS!!!!!!

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

I think Woot! is taunting me leaving the Woot Happy Hour website up and active. I still visit periodically just to see if those kooky flashing lights have finally disappeared.

It's been two years, so I'm assuming it's been killed, but frankly I prefer killing these things with a shotgun rather than slow and agonizing dehydration.

fuzzzerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzzerd
novastarj wrote:I think Woot! is taunting me leaving the Woot Happy Hour website up and active. I still visit periodically just to see if those kooky flashing lights have finally disappeared.

It's been two years, so I'm assuming it's been killed, but frankly I prefer killing these things with a shotgun rather than slow and agonizing dehydration.

I completely agree. I see the page is no longer up. It was fun while it lasted.