zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wootawootawoota wooters.us

Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player [Refurbished] - $29.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player w/FM tuner, 1.9” LCD & micro SDHC slot

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player
$29.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player w/FM tuner, 1.9" LCD & micro SDHC slot

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

can you save songs from the FM tuner onto the MP3 player?

maxinater

quality posts: 4 Private Messages maxinater

I have had many sansas in the past two years (usually the e250). And from what I can tell, they are pretty solid. They usually have FM tuners, they cheap, so you don't feel like you have to be overprotective with them, and they have good sound quality.

I might add, they they are all (the ones I have used/owned) compatible with mac, but not in the same way as, say, an iPod. You must put it into usb disk mode, plug it in, copy mp3's to the mounted disk, and eject. It really isn't as seamless as iTunes sync. But it still is relatively simple.

I have never tried their windows software, so I have nothing to say in regards to that.

29 wootz (I was better than everyone else)
Avg. qty: 1.642857
Total of 48 items
Last purchase: Buckyballs 2-for-Tuesday

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's the product website

and user manuals

in english

y en español

jn082105

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jn082105

I wish I got one of these in my bagel or crepe! But I really loved the watch! Thanks woot!

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP347XFjUw0

here is a Youtube review of the 2 gig version.

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

Buying a Sansa, in any form, is practically an unwritten bylaw of woot. Go in for three and you will be part of the club. (Yes, there is a secret handshake, but you have to buy the Sansa first.)

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

I already have too many mp3 players. But this is the Fuze, for less than what most sites charge for the clip. Woot, why must you tempt me so?

atkinson217

quality posts: 9 Private Messages atkinson217
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM tuner onto the MP3 player?

Yes

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

Froogled.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

...to go with the earbuds you just bought...

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

Thumbo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Thumbo

I have two of these. They are my favorite little MP3 players, and my companion on many a flight and drive.

Unlike many players they actually do audio books more or less right, starting from the point they were last stopped.

The battery life has not been quite as good as the 24 hours claimed, but still better than most players I have had.

Tempted to stock up with another, against the day when mine die...

EdTerrific

quality posts: 16 Private Messages EdTerrific

New one for sale via deals.woot...same price.

ETerrific

jn082105

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jn082105

Can anybody tell me what kind of cord I should buy to hook up the sansa to an LCDTV?

NightGhost

Oh, here's a ton of good reviews on Amazon

atkinson217

Got one of these (2GB, version 1) on a previous woot, and I am totally in love. I roll with Rockbox, which I totally recommend.

Also, accessories for the Fuze, such as hard cases, rubber cases, car chargers, screen protectors, etc., are all dirt cheap around the interwebs.

Some people complain about the smallish screen. I just caught up on Castle, Fringe and Lie to Me on mine with no eye strain! If it's too small just hold it closer to your head.

If you like to listen to music/radio the Fuze will not disappoint.

crankylibrarian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crankylibrarian

The one thing I don't like is that videos have to be converted to some sort of secret sansa format. Other than that, I've been pleased with it. I traded up from the Sansa Clip.

NightGhost

EdTerrific wrote:New one for sale via deals.woot...same price.

That's the Sansa Clip. It's a nice little player, but with a tiny LCD screen.

roebeet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages roebeet
xazothia wrote:What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

Luck of the draw, I believe. I got two 2GB refurb Clips here at least a year back, and they are still going strong. And I believe two refurb E200's a year before that via buy.com, again with no issues with 1+ years of use (I eventually sold the E200's).

Viaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Viaken

Does anyone have any clue whether these would be V1 or V2? I don't want one if I can't put Rockbox on it...

retnavycpo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages retnavycpo

I have two of these players, and this price is WELL worth it. You can add a microSD to the player, and double the memory. Outstanding deal.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

atkinson217

jn082105 wrote:Can anybody tell me what kind of cord I should buy to hook up the sansa to an LCDTV?

um... none. Pretty sure the Fuze does not output video. Also, it only handles one video format. You must convert videos using the (free and crappy) Sansa Media Converter or (if using Rockbox) the free WinFF. My point is, the supported formats are really low resolution. Unless you like watching videos where each pixel is a centimeter across, outputting to a LCDTV is a bad idea.

In every other respect, the Fuze is great.

GregoryLikesCheapStu

quality posts: 13 Private Messages GregoryLikesCheapStu

Ahh, thanks Woot I've been waiting for this. I ordered two back in August and they're great. One for me (24) and one for my mother (54) and it fits both out needs. Easy menus and easy controls for large fingered individuals such as myself.

I tried three cheap MP3 players before this attempting to find something my mother could figure out. She loves it so much this is a backup in case hers breaks.

If this is from the same batch as before they might be V1, which means you can install Rockbox firmware on it if you want. (http://www.rockbox.org/)

Anyway, here's the discussion from August... There might be something useful somewhere in it:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3402547

bookworm656

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bookworm656
crankylibrarian wrote:The one thing I don't like is that videos have to be converted to some sort of secret sansa format. Other than that, I've been pleased with it. I traded up from the Sansa Clip.

The video converting is an absolute NIGHTMARE. I think I finally got it to work for my brother's, but it took forever. So unless someone on here would like to post a link to a good tutorial about how to get videos into the right format, I wouldn't recommend buying this if what you really want to do is watch videos.

EDIT: Apparently someone has finally found a way to make the video converting not quite as much of a nightmare. Keep reading down through the other posts, or go to the quality post links at the top of the page.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

atkinson217

yeawuteva wrote:how?

I'm not sure how to explain it simply. Recording from FM is easy with both the default firmware and the much more awesome Rockbox firmware. Both also let you record from voice.

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

Will these play Ogg without Rockbox(since it's not obvious if this is the V1 or V2)?

raptor49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raptor49

Bought my wife the 8gb version of this from Costco for Christmas, new for $54.99. She loves it, Listens to audio books. Battery life excellent, and she can resume her book from where she left off, Her last Sansa would not do that. Very happy with it, great product.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus

wow. there's definitely some woot space monkey business going on here.

look at the supplementary photos: the black LEFT side is exactly like the blue RIGHT side (except the color), and vice versa.

maybe one of them went through some kind of space warp thingy, huh?

i'm left handed... (and i have a mac)
- which one do i want?

now i'm all confused.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

Mattroid

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mattroid

I've bought three refurbed Sansas from Woot, one of the e200's and two of the clips (one is packed away in case the first one dies). All have been great and still get used regularly. My girlfriend loves the clip.

In fact, I borrowed it just this week for a business trip and really liked it as well, which has me thinking of getting one of these since it seems to be the best of both the larger model (bigger screen and photo/video support) and smaller model (size).

zombiekicker

quality posts: 10 Private Messages zombiekicker

Without a doubt, go for it. I grabbed the refurb 8GB Clip a month ago for $38 shipped, and couldn't be happier.

liu208

quality posts: 2 Private Messages liu208

A repeated deal of 1/6/2010 (same price):

http://www.mywoot.net/past/details.php?id=1901

Mattroid

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mattroid

Also, while I really like the sansas, I prefer red LEDs. Has anyone ever tried to mod one with red LEDs instead of blue? If so, how difficult is it?

What about a custom OS/firmware with better format support like with the e200?

edit: I see Rockbox has already been mentioned.

timk0013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timk0013

I need something to tide me over for a few months until I can upgrade my phone to an Android phone and this looks like it can fit the bill.

bagman3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bagman3

In for 3!

Can't beat these for sound quality (after getting better headphones).

Easy to use, lightweight, and expandable via SD card.

What a great gift!

MindlessAutomata

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MindlessAutomata
bhcompy wrote:Will these play Ogg without Rockbox(since it's not obvious if this is the V1 or V2)?

Yes! FLAC too!

bookworm656

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bookworm656
xazothia wrote:What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

My family bought two of these a year and a half ago. One of them only lasted a couple months with heavy use, but it was being used by my brother, who I think tends to be a bit rough on his electronics. The other one is still going, but it isn't used very often. But the thing about them being offered for $35 is that even if it does die after a year, you've still gotten a pretty good deal.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.