Pilky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pilky

Just ordered one, this will be my first mp3 player.

CBS16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CBS16
retnavycpo wrote:I have two of these players, and this price is WELL worth it. You can add a microSD to the player, and double the memory. Outstanding deal.

I have one too. Bought the 4GB and added an 8GB microSD along the same logic. Problem with this is that the microSD is very slow in the database refresh compared to internal memory. I got the Sandisk class II 8 GB micoSD. Unless you don't mind waiting a few minutes for the refresh after changing any content, get the bigger internal memory unit.

Also, if you go the microSD route, the forums are full of reports that these units have problems with video playing off of Kingston cards.

stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard

I own 2 of these and they work great.

KellySquared

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KellySquared

I got one of these the last time they were offered and I'm in love. It arrived in pristine condition...looked like it had never been used. My days of Creative player bliss are over. The Fuze syncs easily with my WMP playlists. Sansas have great sound, even with the standard headphones that they come with.

One other nifty feature is the Slot Radio option. I love to load my own music and listen to playlists, but I am tempted to grab one of these SR cards (RadioShack had them on sale last week). RS also had lots of skins and accessories for the Fuze.

Coming from someone who has owned many different mp3 players from different companies, I highly recommend this.

t2000kw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages t2000kw
sdwilkins wrote:we own 3 of these mp3 players that I paid full price for and have had for over 2 years. We have tons of video on ours and have had no problems. I would recommend this player to anyone who is looking for one.

I've had limited success with the Sansa Media Converter. More often than not, it won't work for me.

Also, I didn't like the earbuds at all. They kept falling out of my ears, and the padding fell off after only a few uses. Get yourself another decent pair of earbuds that are noise isolating. There are even some real noise canceling buds out there. Koss makes some decent ones and my wife likes them. I have a pair of low-end Sennheiser buds and like them.

gdelius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdelius

I had 3 E200 from Woot and 3 E250's Loved them but hated the software.
Anyone know if these models have improved navigation software and accept 'playlist' from Win Media Player??

gdelius

stubintner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stubintner

I've had one of these for a couple of years and had no trouble converting videos. I use a free flv converter on Realplayer stuff and then the standard "Sansa Media Converter."

It also works fine on DRM encrypted audio books, which is why I got it in the first place.

ruddyadam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruddyadam

Warning: If you buy this, you WILL become addicted to woot!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the crack is back (until it sells out, of course).

there are 10 types of people in the world...

eliseog1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliseog1
hkpoohster wrote:Anyone who has purchased one previously, is there any marking ("R" or "Refurb") on the back side of the player? I have a clip that has "R" etched into the back, which obviously cannot be removed. The e200's came with raised letters spelling "Refurb", but were actually removable metallic stickers. For gifting purposes, wondering what to expect. TIA

I have same sanza fuse, yes back of fuse says refurb, kind of raised letters, hope this helps.

SherylD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SherylD
atkinson217 wrote: You must convert videos using the (free and crappy) Sansa Media Converter or (if using Rockbox) the free WinFF.

In every other respect, the Fuze is great.

I got the f & C Media Converter and still have not been successful in putting video on mine. In other respects I love the thing, saved music, battery time, all good. I just cannot get the video to work. 8-(

billkaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billkaris

I bought two of these, for me and my wife, for use with air travel, and they are great. I also bought three of the 2 Gb version for the grandkids, and they love them. cheaper than an Ipod.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Have the 2g and really love it. Had problems with the Sansa software so went with the video4fuse and it works great. Ordered three more because family that saw mine asked me to order one next time Woot had them.I do what the family tells me to do!

cwalkerjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwalkerjr

Unless woot staff has had a change of heart, there's no way to tell if you're getting a v1 or 2.

I e-mailed them last time and suggested that they could actually charge a little more if they took time to pick through and do a v1-only woot, but that ain't happened.

Perhaps, if more people try sending them an e-missive, it will take.

I'm going to peruse the return rules and see if I can just order a bunch & send back in any v2s.

For most folks, though, who want to keep it simple, the V2 is mighty fine. I have a Rockboxed e250 and I've been sticking with the Fuze V2 anyway. The screen and the sound is purdy.

And, to be honest, not having RB has made me learn how to use the Sansa firmware and realize it's much better than I originally thought.

C. Walker, Jr.

eliseog1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliseog1
apctek1998 wrote:anyone know if you can play video from the add on memory ?

Yes you can.

sstakes1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstakes1

I have one and I am impressed with this player. I've used earlier Sansas with RockBox. But full Rockbox functionality is not yet available for this one yet.

Ron903

cwalkerjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwalkerjr
SherylD wrote:I got the f & C Media Converter and still have not been successful in putting video on mine. In other respects I love the thing, saved music, battery time, all good. I just cannot get the video to work. 8-(

Use video4Fuze.

http://video4fuze.googlecode.com/files/video4fuze-0.5_installer.exe

If you're using this or the Sansa Media Converter (WinFF, too, I think) in any version of Windows newer than XP, you should right-click the shortcut for the program, click the "compatibility" tab and set it to run in XP compatiblity mode.

Wootstaff, this comes up constantly, repeatedly every Fuze woot. Why not just put a link to it in the post?

C. Walker, Jr.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
atkinson217 wrote:I'm not sure how to explain it simply. Recording from FM is easy with both the default firmware and the much more awesome Rockbox firmware. Both also let you record from voice.

I have the 2GB player and was totally unaware that you could record FM. But you can, thx for this info...YEA!

(just hit "down" on the scroll wheel, then wheel down to "recording"...easy once you know it is there)

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
hkpoohster wrote:Anyone who has purchased one previously, is there any marking ("R" or "Refurb") on the back side of the player? I have a clip that has "R" etched into the back, which obviously cannot be removed. The e200's came with raised letters spelling "Refurb", but were actually removable metallic stickers. For gifting purposes, wondering what to expect. TIA

I purchase the 2GB version a few months ago and I have no "R" or anything that indicates that this is a refurb. But it comes pre-opened without instructions (easy to download though). So you get a player, transfer cable and ear buds all loose in a brown box (opened, not in a manufacturers’ box).

Totally worth it though!

Kirika

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kirika

I bought the 8 gb version for personal use earlier this year, and I couldn't be happier. In for one, to give to my brother for his birthday. ^_^

jimmymke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmymke
xazothia wrote:What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

Ya takes yer chances. I have ordered 2 M250s, 1 E250, and a Clip over the years. One of the 250's croaked, one still going after nearly 4 yrs. E250 had the notorious headphone jack short out on left side, but all other functions still work through one ear and the bottom connector. Clip has been perfect. Would not hesitate at a Woot price to try it.

Jimmy

robtor1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robtor1

Just picked up my second one from woot for my wife. I got mine six months ago and use it daily. I Love It! It is rockboxed, though I rarely use it. I find the sansa UI quicker to navigate for music and videos. The sansa media converter works fine for videos as long as they are in avi. format to begin with. I had one issue with audio/video sync but just had to make sure the avi. file was at 30 fps before converting. In closing, I recommend getting one, barring getting a dud, you will love it too!

rymd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rymd

Soooo tempting.. unfortunately, I already got a v1 8gb off ebay for $40.

Though Sansa firmware is decent and doesn't really deserve to be knocked on so much, Rockbox just offers soooo much more. HOPEFULLY ITS A V1 FUZE.. if not, you can just return it or sell it on ebay. Refurb'd 4gb fuzes I've seen go for about the same price as this.

clintmills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintmills

New egg has a 8Gig Sansa Fuze combo deal for $47 with a car charger. Worth it, especially with the free shipping they offer.

tehbaddr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehbaddr
xazothia wrote:What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

You shouldn't worry about it's lifespan. It will likely arrive DOA like the last Fuze I wooted. Ever wonder why there are so many of these refurbed units about.

Halyard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Halyard
EdTerrific wrote:New one for sale via deals.woot...same price.

Actually not.....that's the Sansa clip over there, not the Fuze.

zuluhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuluhead

With the stock firmware, can you charge the Fuze (using the computer) and still play music?

That's the most infuriating part about my e200 - it won't charge and play at the same time. As soon as it connects to the computer it goes into synch mode and won't play anything until you unplug it

daleqr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daleqr

I have the 8GB one and got it refurbished from Woot. I don't remember exactly when I got it, but sometime in 2008 and it's still going strong.

Halyard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Halyard

I Wooted 2 of these last go around. 1 red, 1 black. Both are perfectly good, look new, and let's face it....these things live rough lives, and lose themselves magically....why pay more?

Note: If you woot 2 or more of these, be sure to check the firmware versions on each before updating, mine were different.

nash495

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nash495

Does anyone at woot know if the fuze for sale has the version 1 Firmware that Rockbox supports?

solvanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solvanda

Alright...I use my mp3 players every day at work. Loved the e200 sanza series...kept killing off the headphone jacks though...and no wonder...the female jacks were cheap junk...and the pigtail jacks I soldered on the motherboard were a fix for only a short while longer. No surprise for me though...killing off headphone jacks has been my life since the first walkman...heh. If a player survives the 8 month benchmark (with my active life)...it's generally some sort of miracle. Not to drag on...here's the question:

Wondering if Sandisk has made improvements to the headphone jacks on the fuze? Anyone having problems in this area?

Also...searched around a bit...didn't find anything. Is it possible to use the data sync port as a headphone jack with some sort of adapter?

atkinson217

quality posts: 9 Private Messages atkinson217
zuluhead wrote:With the stock firmware, can you charge the Fuze (using the computer) and still play music?

That's the most infuriating part about my e200 - it won't charge and play at the same time. As soon as it connects to the computer it goes into synch mode and won't play anything until you unplug it

No you can't, but your question is almost non-sensical! A fuze that does not have rockbox simply belongs to a person who has not tried it.

BTW, You can listen +charge with Rockbox, and you can listen+charge with the default firmware as long as it is charging from a charge-only power cord (no USB).

djbowyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djbowyer
Viaken wrote:Does anyone have any clue whether these would be V1 or V2? I don't want one if I can't put Rockbox on it...

As Lucy asked Schroeder, "What makes Beethoven so great? Did he ever have his picture on a bubblegum card?" If Rockbox can't support Fuze V2, then maybe Rockbox should be modified so that it can. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

tchill93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchill93

What a coincidence...came on to see what I do about a defective product and low and behold you're selling it again! I loved this Fuze, menus are easy, great screen graphics, but the ear buds didn't fit my ears, so I did buy new ones...However, the battery doesn't stay charged at all...this morning, after charging all night, it had half a bar...minutes later it wouldn't start at all, now it started and has a 1/4 bar. I'm not happy with this purchase, but I loved the mp3 player when it worked I want a replacement!

djbowyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djbowyer
gdelius wrote:I had 3 E200 from Woot and 3 E250's Loved them but hated the software.
Anyone know if these models have improved navigation software and accept 'playlist' from Win Media Player??

I have three of these and have had lots of success and gotten lots of emjoyment. I don't have any trouble getting playlists from WMP. Sorry that I'm not up on the firmware or navigation you are referring to, but navigation is smooth and easy on this player.

Also to address some others, I've had success and gotten enjoyment from video on the player, though I'm not loading large video files. This isn't made for movies. I'm not saying you can't use it, but this player is clearly not made for that. Get yourself a portable video player or something if you want to do nothing but watch movies. The issue is with the size of the file for a movie. C'mon, this is a 4GB player with a two-inch screen. YouTube videos or music videos work fine. You will need software to convert the videoes to the right format. I use DVDFab and it is quick and easy for conversions. It's not freeware though.

I have an 8GB micro SD card on one of my units and it does take some time to refresh the media as one poster noted. Once the new content is refreshed (simply powered on followed by a couple of mintes wait) everything plays quick and smooth. And that's with my 8GB SD card nearly full. It's a very small trade-off for enlarging the capacity to triple. For me it's not even a thought. I love this player and get excited whenever Woot, Woots them. Note to self: step away from the BUTTON!

alwhitmore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alwhitmore

Does it have the lock on it like the Sansa Clip? My two year old desperately wants mine and I'd buy him one of his own if it does. Sounds ridiculous I know.

tchill93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchill93

love it but it doesn't work after 5 weeks of light use.

alwhitmore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alwhitmore
alwhitmore wrote:Does it have the lock on it like the Sansa Clip? My two year old desperately wants mine and I'd buy him one of his own if it does. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Nevermind, to answer my own question I see that it has a hold button.

bowlingb

quality posts: 16 Private Messages bowlingb
clintmills wrote:New egg has a 8Gig Sansa Fuze combo deal for $47 with a car charger. Worth it, especially with the free shipping they offer.

link or product number? I wasn't able to locate by searching for Sansa Fuze.

jj2me

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jj2me
zuluhead wrote:With the stock firmware, can you charge the Fuze (using the computer) and still play music?

On a Windows PC, have you tried to "Safely Remove" the e200, but leave it plugged in? On some players that does the trick.

nikitas84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nikitas84

how sensitive is the FM signal to bends and moves of the headphone cord?