rimerson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rimerson

Loved my Sanza e260 but left it out in a rain storm and it died. I use my "clip" at the gym.
I'm in for one of these.

ebultas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebultas

I own six of these and two of them will not turn on. Sansa says that they are not repairable. EB

Ester Bultas

trojanbuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojanbuck

I've had one of these for a couple of months (got it the last time Woot had these on sale). With a 16 GB micro SDHC card I can get most of my music into the player. For the money, you can't beat it.

runNutt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runNutt

Got one of these on Black Friday 2008 for $50. It still works great! I download audiobooks from the library and listen at the gym. The battery lasts a week or two before I have to recharge.

I added an 8g micro sd card, so have lots of room.

The only thing I realized is that you have to put video and audiobooks on the internal memory for them to work correctly. If you load them on the sd card they do not work well.

This is a great deal. Hopefully the refurb works as well as the new ones.

napbecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napbecki

picked up 2 of these babies for christmas for my kids. then i bought a 2 gb for myself that i download books to. this will be for music and video only. the option to expand memory is HUGE!
don't fear the refurb status. this is a great value for the price. most retailers sell these for $65-$75 dollars.
you can download the sansa user guide from their website for free.

runNutt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runNutt

If you want covers, armbands or accessories go to unitedintegral.com. Can't beat their prices.

napbecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napbecki
rimerson wrote:Loved my Sanza e260 but left it out in a rain storm and it died. I use my "clip" at the gym.
I'm in for one of these.

di you try drying it out. saw this video that says put it in a bowl of dry rice for a day or two. have never tried it personally but a family member tried it on a cell phone and it worked. a cheap fix. hope this helps.

Outris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Outris

I bought this last time and it's a great little player. Battery life is pretty good, although it seems to drop to about 5-6 hours if you insert the microsd card. Not sure why this would make a difference.

Celes247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Celes247

I tested a different Sansa Sandisk model - it had a metal backing. It was positive for lead. So, if this also has the metal backing, I would not buy it for children.

chatman876543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chatman876543

I bought three of these for my kids for X-mas. They are great! You will need the media converter program from sansa for the video but it is simple to use. Great product!

Jason

jenelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenelson
retnavycpo wrote:I have two of these players, and this price is WELL worth it. You can add a microSD to the player, and double the memory. Outstanding deal.

Watch out for the microSD slot though. At least on mine if you loaded songs in from the microSD it had to refresh the database everytime it was turned on. If you have 4GB worth of music this is a significant delay each time you power on.

bartclan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartclan

Virgin woot purchase today, and I ended up buying Woot crack.

dbspanks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbspanks
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM tuner onto the MP3 player?

No you can not.

dbspanks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbspanks

I already have 2 of these one for my wife and daughter and we were looking to get one for our son for easter, thia is great timing for us,as we were about to but one like yesterday. This product is great, easy to use expandable memory, great sound, well worth the price and I would recommend this over the POS Ipod any day.

aeche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeche

Awwwww, blue is all sold out. But this thing is so cute and sounds great, black is just as good.

mq1991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mq1991

Everyone that is looking to replace the LED's in the fuze should look here, a guy on this forum replaced the blue Sansa e200 leds for red ones.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2974

This is also an excellent forum for any non-ipod mp3 player! Check it out!

Also, for anyone wanting to listen to their Sansas(or any MP3 player) while plugged into a PC, all you have to do is insert the USB cable into the computer until the unit starts charging, but doesnt connect. This happens because the + and - leads of the usb cable are longer than the data leads.

aquastardreamer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aquastardreamer

I just bought one
My creative zen microphoto's battery won't hold a charge anymore and the screen is going a little ... wacky. Its a few years old, might as well get myself a new music player.

tommy2rs

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommy2rs

Got two e260s here back in '08. Both going strong. One rockboxed (mine), one standard sansa FW (wife's). I abuse the c r a p out of mine doing yard work (ran the wheel of the lawn tractor over it),in my POS Camaro (where it usually ends up under the seat amid all the crust and debris. Got to get a shorter patch cord. Either that or slow down for the turns) and it just works. Wife uses hers with the Altec Lansing speaker doc. (Get some more of those Woot.)

Don't do video, got a DS lite for that (which has it's own crappy format but a slightly bigger screen). Media Monkey works with both sansas to sync music, add, delete, whatever.

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -- Randal Graves, "Clerks"

stevewright

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevewright
hkpoohster wrote:Anyone who has purchased one previously, is there any marking ("R" or "Refurb") on the back side of the player? I have a clip that has "R" etched into the back, which obviously cannot be removed. The e200's came with raised letters spelling "Refurb", but were actually removable metallic stickers. For gifting purposes, wondering what to expect. TIA

I bought this during one of the previous Woot offerings a couple of months ago. The Fuze I received has NO indication on the back that it's a refurb. No sticker, no etching, no nothing. However, based on previous Woot discussions, this seems to be something that varies and is impossible to predict. Don't get mad at me if your Fuze has a giant "R" stamped on the back.

I am very happy with my Fuze and would recommend it to anyone. iPod users are stunned and envious when I tell them I just drag and drop to load music. The only irritants are (1) loading video is a HUGE chore, and (2) album art doesn't display consistently. But overall it's a fantastic piece of technology for the price.

mattkronk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattkronk
xazothia wrote:What's the lifespan of a refurbed Sansa? I'm thinking of actually buying this one, but I don't want to if it's gonna die in a year.

I've had my refurbished Sansa Fuze since october 09 and so far it has had absolutely NO issues.

Also, the battery lasts a very long time if you are listening to music.

The Sansa e270 I bought from Woot in December 08 is still going strong as well.

Sansas are durable little buggers.

luv2cook72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luv2cook72

picked one of these up last time they offered it. I LOVE it. Use it everyday and it is very user friendly. There was no user manual included, but I was able to find one online. I actually like this one better than my Ipod touch because I can ff or rew the track I am on which I cannot do with the Ipod, and it has an FM receiver which my Ipod does not. Gonna grab a second one today!

redflag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redflag

i own this (from woot)
i also own the smaller version.
the smaller version is MUCH better.
why?
STANDARD USB CONNECTOR.

living with custom cables gets lemon juice in the eye.

randypj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages randypj

My family and I have various sizes of Sansa Clips and I have this same Fuze.

I cannot think of a company that has been more responsive to users with continual firmware updates, even on older products, than Sansa has been. Their forums are quite good.

For instance....I believe one of the firmware releases for even the 2GB clip added support for FLAC and Ogg......for a 2GB player???

Yeah, there is the thing about the "pitch bug". I've never noticed it, so don't care (could be cuz too much loud R&R in my youth).

cwalkerjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwalkerjr
tehbaddr wrote:You shouldn't worry about it's lifespan. It will likely arrive DOA like the last Fuze I wooted. Ever wonder why there are so many of these refurbed units about.

Actually, no, it probably WON'T.

C. Walker, Jr.

cwalkerjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwalkerjr
redflag wrote:i own this (from woot)
i also own the smaller version.
the smaller version is MUCH better.
why?
STANDARD USB CONNECTOR.

living with custom cables gets lemon juice in the eye.

Unless you want to watch some video, in which case you clip is of no help.

Mini-USB Fuze would be nice, but you can find the E200/Fuze/View cord all over the net for the same price as the M-USB cord.

C. Walker, Jr.

bfotk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bfotk
hkpoohster wrote:Anyone who has purchased one previously, is there any marking ("R" or "Refurb") on the back side of the player? ... For gifting purposes, wondering what to expect. TIA

Yes. REFURB is etched into the rubbery skin on the back just under where SanDisk is printed.

If you are considering this as a gift, you should be aware not only of the REFURB marking, but also that it all comes loose in a plastic bag and the only items included are the player, the earbuds, and the connection cable.

All documentation must be retrieved online.

That said, I really like mine and I wouldn't hesitate to give one as a gift to people who I know would be so pleased to have it that they would not snoot at the REFURB and would be okay with docs on a home-burned CD-ROM, or maybe on a USB drive that could be part of the gift package.

karst437870

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karst437870

In for one to replace the 8GB I dropped in the toilet last month.

Note: these don't survive total immersion very well. The 8GB I killed Only works when plugged in now. I could replace the battery, but it costs ~$50 so may as well get one of the famous and popular Woot Refurbs.

Never used anywhere near 8Gigs on my old one. 4 is plenty for me.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
sdwilkins wrote:just curious without sounding stupid what is rockbox? I have never used anything like that with my fuze but am curious.

its something like this:

etc...

stevewright

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevewright
bfotk wrote:Yes. REFURB is etched into the rubbery skin on the back just under where SanDisk is printed.

Mine doesn't have that. I'm not trying to argue with you, but it looks like the Fuzes that Woot sells aren't all marked (or marked in the same way).

jth709

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jth709
retnavycpo wrote:I have two of these players, and this price is WELL worth it. You can add a microSD to the player, and double the memory. Outstanding deal.

I have a 4GB micro in mine. I picked one of these up a bit ago, and I love it. It can actually handle the microSDHC cards, which can give you a lot more than double the memory!

jth709

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jth709
jenelson wrote:Watch out for the microSD slot though. At least on mine if you loaded songs in from the microSD it had to refresh the database everytime it was turned on. If you have 4GB worth of music this is a significant delay each time you power on.

I haven't noticed that problem. I have a 4GB card completely full, but only had to deal with the database refresh the very first time I powered it on. Perhaps something to do with whether you fill the SD card via the included cable, or from using a stand-alone card reader? (I have no idea if that has anything to do with anything, though)

birdgrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdgrrl
atkinson217 wrote:

Some people complain about the smallish screen. I just caught up on Castle, Fringe and Lie to Me on mine with no eye strain! If it's too small just hold it closer to your head.

So I'm curious where you get your TV episodes... do you buy them on iTunes and convert them to Sansa format?

gsmayes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmayes

I got one of these the last time they were on Woot. Refurb 'R' on the back, otherwise looked shinny and new.

First one was RMA'd, had trouble copying music, reformatted a couple times, ended up not powering up at all. Free shipping back to Woot, second one worked perfectly. I added a 8gb micro sdhc card.

Thinking of buying another for my dad, and loading it with music for him. His much beloved cassette sony sport walkman died recently and he can't find an suitable replacement.

specialjohn82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialjohn82

also have had several sansa's. currently an 8gig fuze and an e250. both work great, but my fuze wont play while charging like my e250.
i leave my e250 charging and playing non-stop in my truck.

specialjohn82

karst437870 wrote:In for one to replace the 8GB I dropped in the toilet last month.

Note: these don't survive total immersion very well. The 8GB I killed Only works when plugged in now. I could replace the battery, but it costs ~$50 so may as well get one of the famous and popular Woot Refurbs.

Never used anywhere near 8Gigs on my old one. 4 is plenty for me.

and if not you can add micro sd later

specialjohn82

Celes247 wrote:I tested a different Sansa Sandisk model - it had a metal backing. It was positive for lead. So, if this also has the metal backing, I would not buy it for children.

has all plastic casing

silentsnow31802

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silentsnow31802
hkpoohster wrote:Anyone who has purchased one previously, is there any marking ("R" or "Refurb") on the back side of the player? I have a clip that has "R" etched into the back, which obviously cannot be removed. The e200's came with raised letters spelling "Refurb", but were actually removable metallic stickers. For gifting purposes, wondering what to expect. TIA

I got one around Christmas time and there were no markings on it that didn't come from the factory. No refurbished marks or anything.

colemanford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colemanford

You can make this a 20 gig player for $25. Check out this sale on a 16GB Micro SDHC at Frys.com.

http://www.frys.com/product/5885833?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Either way flash memory is constantly going down in price so this Sansa player has an instant extended lifespan based on the fact of upgradeable memory alone. As long as MicroSD sticks around, then there will be no need to replace this player (minus any unforeseen accidents). Sweet deal!

ivb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivb
chirho wrote:The old method works again! If it doesn't work, smack it a couple times!

The question is... how long will it live for until it requires another smack? lol!

My wife just did that exact same thing with the same result. Unfortunately it was me she was smacking, it was because I didn't feel like emptying the dishwasher, and it wasn't the good kind of smack.

Given that i'm on the laptop while she's vacuuming the living room, i'm betting there's another smack coming soon.

vanillakokakola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanillakokakola

I bought this last time it was on woot, I love mine!