AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO
chirho wrote:...The problem with sansa batteries is that you can't just go to a battery store and buy a new battery, )

Just crack it open (see anythingbutipod.com for pics/instructions) then look at the battery markings. Google and find an obscure store that sells that particular battery online. Cut the wires to the old battery, solder the new battery in and

PRESTO

You're still happier that you can use MicroSD cards and radio....

darkness02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkness02

I had the same thing happen to me......the battery was dead and the player for some reason wouldn't take a charge. I waited a few days, and lo and behold it did end up starting up and I'm now using it.

I had woot send me a RA and everything, but I like my player so much I'm keeping it.

skifree772003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skifree772003
dwasifar wrote:No. It uses flash memory.

thanks bro

broiderqueen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages broiderqueen
GregoryLikesCheapStu wrote:As long as your car stereo has some type of input method. Mine has a standard 1/8th audio input. I purchased an 1/8th to 1/8th (male both sides) cable from Radioshack. Just plug the headphone output of the Fuze into the input on the stereo.

If your car doesn't have such an input but has a cassette player you can purchase a cassette-to-1/8" adapter at Bestbuy.

If your car doesn't have that those but has a radio tuner, you can purchase an 1/8"-to-FM radio transmitter.

Any of the three can be purchased at any electronics store/section. (Radioshack, Best Buy, Walmart, ect.)

*Note that the packaging will likely refer to it as 3.5mm, not 1/8". It's the same thing, 3.5mm is just more accurate. I'm just not smart enough to go metric. :p

Agree with all of the above and have used them. Bought a new (to me) car recently; has a great sound system in it with CD player and cassette player (older car). Bought a new cassette adapter so I could play my MP3 players in the car. Adapter got stuck in cassette player and ruined it. BUT...found a guy on ebay. Sent my car stereo to him (after my husband removed it from car) and he repaired the cassette player and put in an audio input for just over $100 and that included shipping. It was a great deal to me because the stereo system controls are tied in to my steering wheel and am still able to use them (rather than getting a whole new stereo system). Love it and he guarantees his work for 90 days.

sdwilkins

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdwilkins
napbecki wrote:di you try drying it out. saw this video that says put it in a bowl of dry rice for a day or two. have never tried it personally but a family member tried it on a cell phone and it worked. a cheap fix. hope this helps.

drying it out works if you have not tried to turn it on after getting wet. It is not the moisture that really destroys electronics but the shorting out when the unit is turned on with moisture inside. If you ever get something electrical wet you need to let it dry out first before putting any power to it.

shorty423

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shorty423

nm, I tried it, it works fine with a tape adapter

sdwilkins

can you save songs from the FM tuner onto the MP3 player?

dbspanks wrote:No you can not.

I have recorded music from the Tuner on the mp3

sdwilkins

dakotahsmorgan wrote:I purchased one of these this morning... but when I did so, I forgot to enter my billing address so the transaction didn't process correctly. I have no order for this process but the charge still shows up in my bank transactions list. I recreated the transaction before looking at my bank account and used the right billing address and it processed correctly. How can I contact the almighty Woot to get my $35 back?

If you did this with your debit card then you should contact your bank. Even though you are using a debit or credit card the bank still has to receive something from the business to back up the charge. So most likely the charge is a pending charge and will drop off but i would contact your bank just to be on the safe side.

wagman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagman
clintmills wrote:New egg has a 8Gig Sansa Fuze combo deal for $47 with a car charger. Worth it, especially with the free shipping they offer.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm in for one at new egg.

cedarburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cedarburger
clintmills wrote:New egg has a 8Gig Sansa Fuze combo deal for $47 with a car charger. Worth it, especially with the free shipping they offer.

Do you have a link? I can't find that deal. Thanks.

ggin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggin1
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM tuner onto the MP3 player?

Yes, you can.

wagman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagman
cedarburger wrote:Do you have a link? I can't find that deal. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.358988

shorty423

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shorty423

does this work with a micro SDHC card? I would like to get a 4gb micro SDHC but I could deal with my 2gb micro SD card if I had to.

ocli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ocli
zuluhead wrote:With the stock firmware, can you charge the Fuze (using the computer) and still play music?

That's the most infuriating part about my e200 - it won't charge and play at the same time. As soon as it connects to the computer it goes into synch mode and won't play anything until you unplug it

USB has four leads: power, ground, data, and data. The first two are longer, so just don't plug the USB into the computer all the way. The device should work as if it weren't communicating with the computer and thus play music.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
shorty423 wrote:does this work with a micro SDHC card? I would like to get a 4gb micro SDHC but I could deal with my 2gb micro SD card if I had to.

the original description says it uses SDHC, I'm hoping it does

I love my old e130, but the SD slot isn't SDHC and it only recognizes 1 gig of a regular SD card, even if its a 2 gig card.

Oh I can't wait for the expanse of 4 gig plus 8 (or more) to put all my podcasts on that I'll never get around to listening to!

UlrichRyddle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UlrichRyddle

So...has anyone's order shipped yet?

I'm a first-time-wooter, just ordered one of these four days ago and mine still hasn't shipped. I know it was over a weekend so those don't count as business days.

I think I'm just super excited to get my Fuze!

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
UlrichRyddle wrote:So...has anyone's order shipped yet?

I'm a first-time-wooter, just ordered one of these four days ago and mine still hasn't shipped. I know it was over a weekend so those don't count as business days.

Have you tried tracking by reference? Often it's shipping before you receive the "Tracking Information" e-mail.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking

Enter your country (USA), zip, and put your "Order Number" in the "Enter Reference" field." Leave account number blank. Worth a shot.

UlrichRyddle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UlrichRyddle
novastarj wrote:Have you tried tracking by reference? Often it's shipping before you receive the "Tracking Information" e-mail.

Enter your country (USA), zip, and put your "Order Number" in the "Enter Reference" field." Leave account number blank. Worth a shot.

Just tried that, FedEx's website didn't have any info.

Thanks for the tip though. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

ShelbyGT500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyGT500
novastarj wrote:Have you tried tracking by reference? Often it's shipping before you receive the "Tracking Information" e-mail.

THANKS! I found out it shipped on the 16th, and should get here on the 24th

LogSpoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LogSpoon
UlrichRyddle wrote:So...has anyone's order shipped yet?

Mine hasn't shipped either, yargh impatience!

tikimonke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikimonke
LogSpoon wrote:Mine hasn't shipped either, yargh impatience!

What time of day did you order? I ordered in the late evening and got a tracking number yesterday.

kcarsonwoot

quality posts: 261 Private Messages kcarsonwoot

**Shipping Update**
Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player has completely shipped via SmartPost. All tracking has been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

nuserame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuserame

Woohoo! I got mine in the mail today, and... It's a v1! Just installed Rockbox.

karst437870

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karst437870

Picked mine up today, though it arrived yesterday while I was away so they left it with the Leasing office for my apartment.

It has a very faint "R" in the lower right corner of the back, but otherwise looks like new. Seems to work okay. I'm charging it up now.

Bought it to replace an 8GB that stopped working after getting dropped in the toilet. Naturally I fired up the old "non-working" one today and now it works fine...Guess it needed longer than a few weeks to dry out. Ah. well Everybody needs a spare Sansa.

Oh Both mine are version 2's Maybe Rockbox will get version 2 working in the future. Till then it works fine my needs.

Viaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Viaken
GregoryLikesCheapStu wrote:Rockbox is a open source alternative to the default firmware.

Mine arrived today. Sadly, it's the FuzeV2, which is unsupported (for now).

This actually makes me sadder than it should.

It's nice to have music back in my life again, though.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

My package says it'll be delivered on the 25th. This is extremely odd considering it left a FedEx location 4 hours away from me yesterday evening. Maybe my MP3 players are walking to me?

Moodotna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moodotna

Hmm.. for some reason the tracker on mine says it still has not been picked up from Woot for shipping. Any chance they ran off and left one sitting in the corner? Thats about how my luck has been this last week, lol.

tikimonke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikimonke

Another question about Rockbox...If I am ok with the operating system of my Fuze, do I really need Rockbox? If I have understood prevous posts, Rockbox enhances and add components to the Fuze.

purplefeather

Mine arrived this morning. I got one of each version.

One of them is still full of someone else's music. Shouldn't the refurb process include a reformat? Can I really trust that any problems the player might have had are now fixed?

Edit: Okay, I tried to format it and the darned thing froze on me repeatedly, so I'm guessing it's a dud. It must return whence it came. Pity, too. Of course it would be the version 1 that crapped out on me.

jofili

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jofili

Just got mine yesterday, only ordered one and it's v2.

Up and running immediately, wish I'd ordered 2!

cwj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwj

November Fuze woot: 3 black, 2 pink, 1 red - all v2

This Fuze woot: 3 black all v1! Though one a has a small nick on the front, another dust on the display. Is that worth a RMA?

ocli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ocli

Thanks for correlating color to version.

I ordered black and it turned out to be V2. Very faint R (for refurb), lower right of back.

It had >50% charge on arrival so I listened right away to one of the sample songs. Then I added some songs, photos, and a video, to test. While doing that it charged to 100%. Somehow overnight it lost its charge all the way below whatever threshold causes it to, upon turn-on, tell you it needs to be recharged. Hmmm. I hope that doesn't happen again.

cwj

purplefeather wrote:Mine arrived this morning. I got one of each version.

One of them is still full of someone else's music. Shouldn't the refurb process include a reformat? Can I really trust that any problems the player might have had are now fixed?

Edit: Okay, I tried to format it and the darned thing froze on me repeatedly, so I'm guessing it's a dud. It must return whence it came. Pity, too. Of course it would be the version 1 that crapped out on me.

That's probably the preloaded content. There may also be one video of a live band. My old e200 had pre-loaded content, the 3 V1s I just got had the same.

Did you try updating the firmware before formatting? The couple that had the 1.05 (I think it was) firmware both seemed a bit stuttery, but are much smoother after the update to latest code.

cwj

ocli wrote:Thanks for correlating color to version.

I ordered black and it turned out to be V2. Very faint R (for refurb), lower right of back.

It had >50% charge on arrival so I listened right away to one of the sample songs. Then I added some songs, photos, and a video, to test. While doing that it charged to 100%. Somehow overnight it lost its charge all the way below whatever threshold causes it to, upon turn-on, tell you it needs to be recharged. Hmmm. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Hmmm...possible original user never let it do a proper full charge when they first got it. I'd check the manual for instructions about the first charge and try that. And make sure you update to the latest firmware, the issue may have been dealt with there.

cwj

tikimonke wrote:Another question about Rockbox...If I am ok with the operating system of my Fuze, do I really need Rockbox? If I have understood prevous posts, Rockbox enhances and add components to the Fuze.

Use the search function; you can also go to rockbox.org and see what it's about. If you're happy with the Sansa firmware, enjoy. If you try Rockbox and then want to switch back, that can be done, too. You can also still use the Sansa FW if Rockbox has been installed (aka: dual boot).

purplefeather

cwj wrote:That's probably the preloaded content. There's mayalso one video of a live band. My old e200 had pre-loaded content, the 3 v1s I just got had the same.

Did you try updating the firmware before formatting? The couple that had the 1.05 (I think it was) firmware both seemed a bit stuttery, but are much smoother after the update to latest code.

It took some work, but after pulling my old laptop out I was able to get it done. My Mac refused to even consider the firmware installer for some reason. The v1 is working much better, and I was able to format it. Thanks for the help, you saved me a headache.
d

danieln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danieln

Just got 2 version 1's in the mail. Thanks Woot!

stuwjohnso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuwjohnso

Anyone else still having problems with shipping? FedEx just shows an anticipated ship date of March 17,2010.

mcraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcraft

Can anyone tell my why I can't get my new Sansa Fuze to charge. I have tried two computers and both the usb port in the front and the back of the computer and my Sandisk will not hold the charge. It blinks like it is charging for a couple minutes and then stops and never gets a full charge. HELP

cwj

purplefeather wrote:It took some work, but after pulling my old laptop out I was able to get it done. My Mac refused to even consider the firmware installer for some reason. The v1 is working much better, and I was able to format it. Thanks for the help, you saved me a headache.
d

No prob. For Mac users - and anybody else for that matter, I suggest manually updating. You can get to the instructions from the SansaUpdater page of the support section.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278

All you have to do to update is download the latest firmware file, crack (expand) it via you preferred zip cracker (expander) and drag the extracted file to the Fuze's root directory (the drive letter the Fuze shows up as). Disconnect it and it will update by itself. It makes life easier if you set the USB mode to MSC first.

Outside of automatically letting you know when there are firmware updates, the SansaUpdater is fairly unnecessary. It's still on my computer, but no longer takes part in the start up sequence, suckling wastefully on my precious memory and processor resources.