cwj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwj
mcraft wrote:Can anyone tell my why I can't get my new Sansa Fuze to charge. I have tried two computers and both the usb port in the front and the back of the computer and my Sandisk will not hold the charge. It blinks like it is charging for a couple minutes and then stops and never gets a full charge. HELP

Will it turn on at all when not plugged in?

You might check the sandisk support forums. `

By chance, the power switch isn't set to "hold" is it?

ocli

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ocli
cwj wrote:Hmmm...possible original user never let it do a proper full charge when they first got it. I'd check the manual for instructions about the first charge and try that. And make sure you update to the latest firmware, the issue may have been dealt with there.

cwj, thank you! I updated the firmware using the zip file method...

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=38046

...and the battery hasn't discharged overnight since.

aquastardreamer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aquastardreamer

I just received mine (YAY!), but it is not recognized by my computer (less than yay).

I have tried both a lap top and a desk top, it won't connect to either and its not recognized as being there. It seems to be freezing after the logo shows up when plugged into the computer.

Any suggestions?

ocli

Settings > System Settings > USB Mode

The default is Auto Detect. Try MSC and report back to us.

aquastardreamer

ocli wrote:Settings > System Settings > USB Mode

The default is Auto Detect. Try MSC and report back to us.

Did that. Tried all of the settings. It continues to freeze and the computer continues to not recognize it unfortunately.

[Edit] The logo comes up, then it comes up again and freezes on the four sided windows looking icon.

ocli

Yikes, maybe reset with the power switch: Slide up and hold for 10 seconds to reset your player.

I haven't had to do anything special -- mine was recognized fine in both Windows XP and Linux. Maybe check a Sansa-specific forum, cuz if yours is defective I bet somebody else has posted about the symptoms. Good luck!

aquastardreamer

ocli wrote:Yikes, maybe reset with the power switch: Slide up and hold for 10 seconds to reset your player.

I already have done that, its the only way it will restart once it freezes. I'm going to check the forums again, but I think I've tried everything I've seen. :-\

Anyone know who to contact at WOOT about sending it back

cwj

aquastardreamer wrote:I already have done that, its the only way it will restart once it freezes. I'm going to check the forums again, but I think I've tried everything I've seen. :-\

Anyone know who to contact at WOOT about sending it back

should see contact info in confirm e-mail; also bottom of any screen here.

what OS dost thou useth?

Google "Sansa Fuze freezes while booting"

I'd try a format if you've not done that yet.

Settings>System>Format

aquastardreamer

cwj wrote:should see contact info in confirm e-mail; also bottom of any screen here.

what OS dost thou useth?

Google "Sansa Fuze freezes while booting"

I'd try a format if you've not done that yet.

Settings>System>Format

Thanks. I'm using Windows XP, and I've tried to format and searched everyplace I could. I'm going to try to format one more time and then I think I give up. Thanks again to everyone for the help though.

reelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reelon

Got mine today,version 1 thanks woot, it has been rockboxed

Wooting one time a day.

OneOfEm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OneOfEm

Mine came in yesterday.

It's a version 2 (was really hoping for version 1), but it's brand new - still in the original plastic sleeve with no marking on the back.

tyler2569

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyler2569

I had the same issue, but only after i reformatted my hard drive and reloaded windows XP... without running all of the updates.. Apperantly in one of these windows updates you get a driver for MTP devices...

On my Win7 machine it worked great.. on Ubunto it froze up the device. After i ran all updates for xp, the device recgonized

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A2E73160-E862-4F19-BB26-C0CAFE798955&displaylang=en

jlachlan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlachlan
purplefeather wrote:My package says it'll be delivered on the 25th. This is extremely odd considering it left a FedEx location 4 hours away from me yesterday evening. Maybe my MP3 players are walking to me?

I'm supposed to get mine today. I'm going to wait outside my apartment and see if a stagecoach delivers the package to me.

bhunter19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhunter19

Got my Fuze two days ago, actually got two. One works fine the other has a defective thumb menu disk. Sounds like I am out of luck with Sansa doing anything about it. Any suggestions?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

bhunter19 wrote:Got my Fuze two days ago, actually got two. One works fine the other has a defective thumb menu disk. Sounds like I am out of luck with Sansa doing anything about it. Any suggestions?

Do not forget the 90 day Woot warranty! You may want to do a hard reset and see if that helps, Sansa's pretty good about troubleshooting, but we do the replacements (when we have some to replace!).

aquastardreamer

tyler2569 wrote:I had the same issue, but only after i reformatted my hard drive and reloaded windows XP...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A2E73160-E862-4F19-BB26-C0CAFE798955&displaylang=en

Thanks for that post. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I'm sad to say I have to return it to woot. BOO!! I was looking forward to my new mp3 player.

tikimonke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikimonke

Mine showed up yesterday. v2. Works well. Messing around, the sound quality was poor. After looking, I didn't have the headphone jack plugged all of the way in. whoops.

Dawneeeey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dawneeeey

Got mine on Thursday, just had a chance to play with it today. I love it! It's so small and I love the color screen!!

dreadedtrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadedtrash

Got mine the other day and it still had all of the crappy music that the previous person had on it.

jaudio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaudio

I got a V1 today,rockboxed it. I'm a happy.

ocli

Rockbox for V2 might be soon...
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49274#post455839

Unrelated, if you're using Linux with your Fuze then place an empty .is_audio_player file in the root folder of the Fuze and the root folder of any memory card you use with it.

Catbird

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Catbird

Kudos ot WOOT!

No one will probably ever see/read this post, but We ordered three (3) of these Sandisk Sansa Fuzes. When they arrived, We discovered that one of them had a defective radio feature.

An e-mail ot WOOT was all that was required ot get me a replacement in just a few days; We didn't even have ot return the malfunctioning Fuze.

Thanks WOOT for the super customer service. ; )

cwj

aquastardreamer wrote:Thanks for that post. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I'm sad to say I have to return it to woot. BOO!! I was looking forward to my new mp3 player.

Aqua, I have a couple extra version 1s that I got with this woot. Working and updated to the latest firmware. I was going to eBay them, but I'll let you have a crack since you got a crappy one.

So, if they don't have an exchange available, e me: cdubbleyoo@gmail.com

cwj

dreadedtrash wrote:Got mine the other day and it still had all of the crappy music that the previous person had on it.

Again, it sounds like you got a v1. The v1s and the old e200s came with music on them from the factory.

And some of it is actually nice.

And some of it deserves to be BURNED.

lg5productions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lg5productions

Loving my Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player. It's like a mini hard drive that plays music and records, plus plays videos. Was at the barber shop and didn't bother with what was playing on the TV. Saw two episodes of a sitcom, and jammed some tunes. All with 75% of my rechargeable battery left after two hours or so. NIIIIICE!

chevykoin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chevykoin

Getting a low battery message followed by system shutdown right after charging the unit. Any suggestions?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

chevykoin wrote:Getting a low battery message followed by system shutdown right after charging the unit. Any suggestions?

Have you tried updating the firmware and/or trying to charge on a different computer? That's the most that I've gotten from their FAQ. You might want to try chatting with them to see if they have any suggestions? Please let us know if you still cannot get it to work- you have a 90 day warranty with us!