KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Nap time!
Maybe you should send her the baby.
Nap with babies is nice.

I don't know, I tried to nap with baby this morning and he didn't wanna.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Mr one, what role did I have in Oklahoma?

uh. idk. some guy?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:uh. idk. some guy?

she played the panhandle!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:uh. idk. some guy?

female chorus.

No not the entire chorus.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

gristle

my work password expired but I can't change it without logging in or going to campus. . . . Orc better have power to fix it, I don't want to deal with the hell desk.

no1

KtCallista wrote:gristle

my work password expired but I can't change it without logging in or going to campus. . . . Orc better have power to fix it, I don't want to deal with the hell desk.

it's just a password reset, surely the help desk can handle that much?

KtCallista

no1 wrote:it's just a password reset, surely the help desk can handle that much?

I used to work in the group that was merged with them, it's really not worth the hassle if you can avoid it. I've already had them hose reinstating the account once, besides they'd send the new password to my work email and without my password I can't access that either.

A big part of the problem is they are forced to collect all kinds of unnecessary info and stick to ridiculous scripts instead of just helping. What should take no more than 3mins will take at least 30. The rest is their boss (who used to be my boss's boss) she's lucky if she knows where the power button is.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
PemberDucky wrote:she played the panhandle!

She mighta played the wind whippin' down the plain!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Hmmmm . . . must be my breath . . . or the fact I'm still breathin'.

Laters.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Badly written headline:

Bush, Clinton visit devastated Haitian capital

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Hmmmm . . . must be my breath . . . or the fact I'm still breathin'.

Laters.

More like: I can't type holding a screaming baby, sleeping yes, screaming no.

Plus not being picked for plays through school, I didn't have anything to add.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It's afternoon.
That is all.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

no1

ThunderThighs wrote:It's afternoon.
That is all.

i'll alert the news media.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:i'll alert the news media.

Film at 11.

Of course, it won't be afternoon by then.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

no1

KtCallista wrote:besides they'd send the new password to my work email and without my password I can't access that either.

i find the thought of this somewhat amusing.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:i find the thought of this somewhat amusing.

It was, until she started throwing her weight around. She liked me fine, but my boss she couldn't stand and she put in place a system whereby she was able to not keep him on. She is HR and married to an IT guy and she's been there so long she's entrenched.

Password fixed, Orc fixed it at home!

pooflady

I love the Internet. 1 large onion chopped. How the hell much is that? Internet says 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Yay!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
pooflady wrote:I love the Internet. 1 large onion chopped. How the hell much is that? Internet says 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Yay!

It's about one large onion, chopped. It's not an internet thing, but a cooking thing. There's no standard vegetable sizing authority.

As the saying goes, cooking is an art, baking is a science. Have fun with it.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

pooflady

Gatzby wrote:It's about one large onion, chopped. It's not an internet thing, but a cooking thing. There's no standard vegetable sizing authority.

No, it is an Internet thing. Many places to tell me how much a large onion chopped is. Especially since I'm using frozen chopped onions. I like structure, not guidelines.

Edit: And I think baking is worse. When a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Yeah, right. Cookies - bake 8 to 11 minutes. Those three minutes make a big difference!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Gatzby wrote:It's about one large onion, chopped. It's not an internet thing, but a cooking thing. There's no standard vegetable sizing authority.

Ok Moms. He's single and he cooks. Start setting him up with your daughters!!!! Legal age preferred.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote: Legal age preferred.

Is that your preference or his?

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Is that your preference or his?

I just assumed it was his. He doesn't seem the type to enjoy jail. I could be wrong...

FORUM MODERATOR

Gatzby

pooflady wrote:No, it is an Internet thing. Many places to tell me how much a large onion chopped is. Especially since I'm using frozen chopped onions. I like structure, not guidelines.

Edit: And I think baking is worse. When a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Yeah, right. Cookies - bake 8 to 11 minutes. Those three minutes make a big difference!

Really? It's unusual to see that, imo. I operate from The Joy of Cooking and such a lot though. Carrots and celery are often in cup measurements, but don't see onion much.

And oh man, if you can avoid it, don't use canned or frozen ingredients -- the flash freezing process is much better than it used to be, but a recipe comes alive if you can use fresh, seasonal ingredients. It's the difference between dinner and, "OH GOD, I MUST HAVE YOUR RECIPE!" Especially fresh herbs.

Every recipe should be your own recipe. Don't stick to the guidelines. Drink while you cook, if it helps.

The measurements in baking need to be more precise because of the chemical reactions that take place, among other things. However, the one subset of cooking/baking I hate is confections. Seizing chocolate and custards, ugh.

Just for the record, I rebelled and used two medium onions instead of one large in the recipe I'm making now. (Spaghetti sauce.)

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

pooflady

Gatzby wrote:Really? It's unusual to see that, imo. I operate from The Joy of Cooking and such a lot though. Carrots and celery are often in cup measurements, but don't see onion much.

And oh man, if you can avoid it, don't use canned or frozen ingredients -- the flash freezing process is much better than it used to be, but a recipe comes alive if you can use fresh, seasonal ingredients. It's the difference between dinner and, "OH GOD, I MUST HAVE YOUR RECIPE!" Especially fresh herbs.

Every recipe should be your own recipe. Don't stick to the guidelines. Drink while you cook, if it helps.

The measurements in baking need to be more precise because of the chemical reactions that take place, among other things. However, the one subset of cooking/baking I hate is confections. Seizing chocolate and custards, ugh.

Just for the record, I rebelled and used two medium onions instead of one large in the recipe I'm making now. (Spaghetti sauce.)

We're completely different cooks. I like recipes that call for a can of this and a can of that. I honestly can't tell the difference between homemade spaghetti sauce and Prego. Neither can I tell the difference between freshly grated cheese and store-bought grated cheese. I guess my taste buds aren't great.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

*shudders*

Canned stuff is evil.

Sorry, but it is. The difference between canned green beans and frozen green beans and fresh green beans is huge. Canned aren't worth anything, frozen are fine in some preparations, and fresh are best always.

and baking isn't a science...you just have to understand the consequences of swapping ingredients or changing preparation methods.

*goes back to lurking*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:We're completely different cooks. I like recipes that call for a can of this and a can of that. I honestly can't tell the difference between homemade spaghetti sauce and Prego. Neither can I tell the difference between freshly grated cheese and store-bought grated cheese. I guess my taste buds aren't great.

Cook at your comfort level. Don't let food snobs tell you right or wrong.

Gatzby

pooflady wrote:We're completely different cooks. I like recipes that call for a can of this and a can of that. I honestly can't tell the difference between homemade spaghetti sauce and Prego. Neither can I tell the difference between freshly grated cheese and store-bought grated cheese. I guess my taste buds aren't great.

There's nothing wrong with using Prego, of course, but try putting some fresh basil in it next time, or some dried oregano. It's a lot easier to experiment with if you have a baseline and you can get more comfortable with your cooking prowess.

Mavyn

AZGman wrote:Cook at your comfort level. Don't let food snobs tell you right or wrong.

I admit to being a food snob, and agree, it's best to ignore us.

But also...there are some things that really will make a difference, and will be noticed by everyone. Texture, for one--the flavor is more subtle for some ingredients, but texture usually is not, and it does make a big difference.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:*shudders*

Canned stuff is evil.

Sorry, but it is. The difference between canned green beans and frozen green beans and fresh green beans is huge. Canned aren't worth anything, frozen are fine in some preparations, and fresh are best always.

and baking isn't a science...you just have to understand the consequences of swapping ingredients or changing preparation methods.

*goes back to lurking*

Agree on the green beans. Until last year, I canned my own. I still can my own tomatoes. And, frankly, the fresh in the stores currently aren't any better than the others. Still trying to find canned or frozen that are decent.

^^^^referring to green beans

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Cook at your comfort level. Don't let food snobs tell you right or wrong.

Whew.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I admit to being a food snob, and agree, it's best to ignore us.

But also...there are some things that really will make a difference, and will be noticed by everyone. Texture, for one--the flavor is more subtle for some ingredients, but texture usually is not, and it does make a big difference.

A lot of it's a matter of time. It takes a lot of time to cook the way you do. For me, it's a trade-off. I'll forgo the subtle differences to give me time to do other things I like. It's a matter of preference. Or do I mean priorities?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Agree on the green beans. Until last year, I canned my own. I still can my own tomatoes. And, frankly, the fresh in the stores currently aren't any better than the others. Still trying to find canned or frozen that are decent.

^^^^referring to green beans

I miss fresh tomatoes. My Papa grew wonderful fresh veg, but I live too far north to have an adequate growing season (not to mention my garden space is 90% shade and we no longer have outside water. . .

Gatzby

The only thing wrong, imo, is not trying new things. I don't much care how you cook as long as you're not one of those people that only eats white bread, macaroni, and salt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Mavyn wrote:I admit to being a food snob, and agree, it's best to ignore us.

this sounds good, and is certainly theoretically right, but the truth is that you can't get fresh tomatoes at this time of year. the tomatoes you can get...are horrid. so, for much of the year, we pretty much have to use canned tomatoes for stuff like sauces, and might as well just leave them out of everything else, because they are awful.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Gatzby wrote:The only thing wrong, imo, is not trying new things. I don't much care how you cook as long as you're not one of those people that only eats white bread, macaroni, and salt.

So, basically, the wootstaff.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:A lot of it's a matter of time. It takes a lot of time to cook the way you do. For me, it's a trade-off. I'll forgo the subtle differences to give me time to do other things I like. It's a matter of preference. Or do I mean priorities?

For me, it's hard to find the desire for the extra effort when son devours it in 5 minutes and is gone.

FORUM MODERATOR

Mavyn

Josephus wrote:this sounds good, and is certainly theoretically right, but the truth is that you can't get fresh tomatoes at this time of year. the tomatoes you can get...are horrid. so, for much of the year, we pretty much have to use canned tomatoes for stuff like sauces, and might as well just leave them out of everything else, because they are awful.

*looks around*

Right, I'm still in California, which means I'm currently spoiled by the ready availability of produce.

;)

I agree, there are seasonal variations in the availability of fresh...but to me, that means finding alternatives and using other ingredients during those times of the year. Squash soup instead of tomato bisque.

*shrugs*

Gatzby

Josephus wrote:So, basically, the wootstaff.

Huh? Staff is powered on whiskey.

AZGman

I loved cooking before I had the stroke. Now my senses of tasteand smell are diminished - I can't smell or taste subtle odors or flavors; my mouth, tongue and gums are mostly numb, so texture means nothing anymore.

Hell, no wonder I'm on the rag half the time anymore!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:*looks around*

Right, I'm still in California, which means I'm currently spoiled by the ready availability of produce.

;)

I agree, there are seasonal variations in the availability of fresh...but to me, that means finding alternatives and using other ingredients during those times of the year. Squash soup instead of tomato bisque.

*shrugs*

Right - priorities
The recipe I just made - I used canned tomato sauce, frozen chopped onions, minced garlic from a jar, spices from cans, frozen rice, packaged shredded mozzarella. I did shred my own cabbage. Took much less time. Could probably read a couple chapters in a book.

Course, it's a new recipe and I have a hunch it's going to go all over the oven. We'll see how it tastes.

Edit: and really screwed up. Put the damn cheese on before I put it in the oven. Tried picking most of it off, but you know how that goes.