adkpb


quality posts: 1 Private Messages adkpb

Did I miss it.. I was trying to see if this has motion detection. Anyone know?

mrtoast98


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrtoast98

I thought about getting one of these to keep an eye on my four cats while I'm away, but then I realized that all it will take is one good pounce or paw swipe and Rovio will be on its back waving its legs helplessly in the air like an upside-down turtle. Unless it's able to right itself after a rollover by extending its camera boom arm or something, this is a major flaw.

FriedSushi87


quality posts: 1 Private Messages FriedSushi87
pedrogammos wrote:My sentiments exactly, but one of the residents would totally steal it : (



You could just speak into it and say "LET ME GO" ha ha ha

matthewjfazio


quality posts: 3 Private Messages matthewjfazio

Over half off? Man, I don't really need this... but they got me. In for one.

- Matthew J. Fazio

rowanator


quality posts: 15 Private Messages rowanator
adkpb wrote:Did I miss it.. I was trying to see if this has motion detection. Anyone know?



What do you mean by "motion detection"? It has a decent camera on it... that's probably all the "motion detection" you'll need.

mkentosh


quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh
torqu3e wrote:You should be able to get away by using DynDNS.org or something on those lines.



This is why I can't buy one, I have no idea what language you guys are talking?

saxsologuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages saxsologuy
adkpb wrote:Did I miss it.. I was trying to see if this has motion detection. Anyone know?



Not built-in, but you can do your own vision processing on the camera video using RoboRealm or another vision/image processing application (OpenCV).

rkdasgud


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rkdasgud

therealm80 wrote:Does it go down stairs?

fleetosc wrote:Once!

equazcion wrote:Ha, liked that one.



I LOL'D

cabezadura


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabezadura
mboverload wrote:I'm getting one. It's just too good a piece of mind to not be able to login and see my house from work.

With my already existing motion-sensitive webcam that sends me alerts when it detects motion I can then use Rovio to investigate.



Or you could use rovio to set off your motion sensors so you get more alerts

cheapskateSS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapskateSS

Just got one to keep an eye on my dog at home. I hope they get along...

rkdasgud


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rkdasgud
rdzek wrote:The Rovio has a built in inertial assist system that uses "gravity" to get down stairs. So, it will go downstairs just fine. Getting back up the stairs is another matter.



i pushed my cousin down the stairs once. does that make me the inertial assist system?

timgray1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages timgray1
Shiftlock wrote:Not necessarily just a useless toy. I'm seriously considering one for the summer home that is left unattended for up to eight months at a time. Maybe even a second one for the upstairs rooms. I'm still worried by the docking problems though, because if it refuses to dock and charge, it would sit useless for months (unless I got all NASA on it and figured out a way to remotely give it some juice).



If I was rich enough for a summer place, I'd get a 4 channel real DVR that records and let's me remotely playback.

ckaneko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckaneko
yeawuteva wrote:what's the maximum distance you can be from the robot and still receive wifi? Will it work through brick walls?



All depends on your Wifi. In essence, where ever your laptop can get WiFi in your home, your Rovio will work there.

obwielnls


quality posts: 0 Private Messages obwielnls

Anyone's shipped yet?

(Too many to list), Screaming Monkey with Blk Woot Cape,b-Pwrstick Portble Btry Chrger/Mobile Devices,Netgear WGR614 Wrls Route,Canon ZR500 MiniDV Camcorder,Delphi USB Lighted Cable 4-Pack,Connect3D 4GB SD Memory Card,PNI Steeleye Cordless Radar/Laser Detector, Random Crap,Gateway M275 Tablet PC, iRobot Scooba,Kensington 3 Button Optical Scroll Mouse,Zyxel 802.11G PCI Card 2-Pack,Polaroid 7” Two Screen Car DVD Player,Casio Pathfinder Tough Solar Triple Sensor Watch,D-Link DI-624M Router

king3550


quality posts: 0 Private Messages king3550
obwielnls wrote:Anyone's shipped yet?



Not shipped yet for me patiently waiting, any else's ship yet ?

RobinMast3rs


quality posts: 1 Private Messages RobinMast3rs
king3550 wrote:Not shipped yet for me patiently waiting, any else's ship yet ?


I don't see any evidence of shipping. Where does it show? Will it be where the "What I've bought" is? 1st time woot. Seems kinda slow. I know I read somewhere it can take up to 5 days to ship.

msrobi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msrobi
RobinMast3rs wrote:I don't see any evidence of shipping. Where does it show? Will it be where the "What I've bought" is? 1st time woot. Seems kinda slow. I know I read somewhere it can take up to 5 days to ship.



Actually, the site says it *typically* takes 5 days to ship. Which means it could be sooner or it could be later. My guess is that since this is being shipped via FedEx Ground rather than the usual SmartPost, it might be fulfilled by WowWee rather than Woot. Which might mean that the package has already shipped and they simply have not updated the site with the tracking numbers yet. I know that I have received more than one Woot before the tracking number was posted to the site.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RobinMast3rs wrote:I don't see any evidence of shipping. Where does it show? Will it be where the "What I've bought" is? 1st time woot. Seems kinda slow. I know I read somewhere it can take up to 5 days to ship.


Typically 5 business days. We like to give our hardworking warehouse monkeys a break on weekends too.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

silversalute


quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversalute
msrobi wrote:Actually, the site says it *typically* takes 5 days to ship. Which means it could be sooner or it could be later. My guess is that since this is being shipped via FedEx Ground rather than the usual SmartPost, it might be fulfilled by WowWee rather than Woot. Which might mean that the package has already shipped and they simply have not updated the site with the tracking numbers yet. I know that I have received more than one Woot before the tracking number was posted to the site.



Oh man... If shipping is handled by WowWee, I won't get another Woot! box or Texas air. :-(

Woot! has some of the best shipping boxes out there.

anossier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anossier

Humm The shipping icon looks like snail mail ground to me. I can't find where it says item will be shipped by WowWee.

Massive Overkill


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Massive Overkill

Well, if it's shipped directoy from WowWee, then I would expect their full warranty, not just Woot's 90 day warranty.

anossier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anossier

Get square trade, this will most likely break on day 91. The way I see it they will refund my money before they try and fix or replace this.

msrobi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msrobi
anossier wrote:Get square trade, this will most likely break on day 91. The way I see it they will refund my money before they try and fix or replace this.



I agree with the SquareTrade thing. They might fix it if it broke, but then again that would be great...since it's going to be next to impossible to find this thing for $99 again...unless this becomes a standard item on Woot (like the Roomba).

cjthespy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjthespy

All I know is I cant wait for mine to arrive...Still no word on the shipping here either.

666= Woot's 6th B-day, The DJ market ending in 6 and my order number ending in 6. THE END IS NEAR!!!

festernd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages festernd

just received my shipping info!

jsalvalzo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsalvalzo
festernd wrote:just received my shipping info!



Me too!

iamcanadian2222


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamcanadian2222
festernd wrote:just received my shipping info!



Just got my shipping info too (via e-mail). Coming via FedEx. The order status page still doesn't show that the item has been shipped so you may have to wait for the e-mail notification.

Massive Overkill


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Massive Overkill
festernd wrote:just received my shipping info!



Ditto. Someone want to edumacate me about the Square Trade thing? I'm too lazy to Google.

king3550


quality posts: 0 Private Messages king3550

Just Received my confirmation of shipment via FED-EX Yeah !!!

DGX


quality posts: 6 Private Messages DGX
Massive Overkill wrote:Ditto. Someone want to edumacate me about the Square Trade thing? I'm too lazy to Google.



Too lazy to google? That truly takes lazy to a new level.

spaceneedle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceneedle

You can also avoid buying garbage extended warranties, save all the money you would have spent, and still come out ahead.

Other than my car, I can't remember the last time I had (or would like to have) made a warranty claim on anything.

cjthespy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjthespy
jsalvalzo wrote:Me too!




Just got my info too!

666= Woot's 6th B-day, The DJ market ending in 6 and my order number ending in 6. THE END IS NEAR!!!

anossier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anossier

I agree, extended is bs. but with this thing being what it is and the mixed amazon reviews. I did buy the 3yr extended for a little over 11 bucks incl tax. I think when it breaks "3yrs is a long time" I can most likely get my 99 bucks back from square trade and just be out my 11 bucks. Shipping tracking still not showing package!

themastero


quality posts: 0 Private Messages themastero

yea on the way....
will be here after tomorow !

Woot.....

ctomele


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctomele

Weird, I've had my tracking number for almost a full 24 hours and FedEx site is saying it's invalid. Oh well.

On the other hand, I got the RoboRealm software ($40 instead of $80) and it is awesome with just my webcam. I can't wait to see how it interacts with the Rovio. Plus I got the insurance as a CYA for $15 or so.

So, I got the robot, the kick butt software and an extended warranty for considerably less than just the robot (pre-shipping) from someplace like ThinkGeek.

I love me some Woot*!



*Woot love not guaranteed until item is received in working condition. Especially before the weekend. Not valid in Utah.

msrobi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msrobi
ctomele wrote:Weird, I've had my tracking number for almost a full 24 hours and FedEx site is saying it's invalid. Oh well.

On the other hand, I got the RoboRealm software ($40 instead of $80) and it is awesome with just my webcam. I can't wait to see how it interacts with the Rovio. Plus I got the insurance as a CYA for $15 or so.

So, I got the robot, the kick butt software and an extended warranty for considerably less than just the robot (pre-shipping) from someplace like ThinkGeek.

I love me some Woot*!



*Woot love not guaranteed until item is received in working condition. Especially before the weekend. Not valid in Utah.



Yea, I'm seeing the same thing. What it probably means is that its sitting on a truck at their warehouse, waiting or FedEx to pick it up.

fmata5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmata5

I was given 2 tracking numbers 1 showed at FedEx's web site and the other hasn't been posted yet.

Good news is FedEx shows ACTIVITY as Delivered for the one listed and the weight is about the same as 2 units!

Two down one to go!

jjdsx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjdsx

Get this.........I got the same two notices as everyone else this a.m. 3/24/10. But still no activity while hitting up the FedEx links.

Then out of the blue today, my dog is barking while I'm on the phone and FedEx "Home" delivery is placing 2 of 3 Rovees in my basement.

1 is still MIA via FedEx info. But I'll admit, link #2 DOES show DELIVERED.
I guess I was checking the wrong link.

askmeques


quality posts: 0 Private Messages askmeques
jjdsx wrote:Get this.........I got the same two notices as everyone else this a.m. 3/24/10. But still no activity while hitting up the FedEx links.

Then out of the blue today, my dog is barking while I'm on the phone and FedEx "Home" delivery is placing 2 of 3 Rovees in my basement.

1 is still MIA via FedEx info. But I'll admit, link #2 DOES show DELIVERED.
I guess I was checking the wrong link.



hmm..i got my tracking info too, but no activity on fedex. maybe it will come today!

aprilshoffit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilshoffit

Ok, I got my tracking info last night and it is still not showing in fed ex. So, who is wrong on this or I am just not getting it?

April Shoffit