aprilshoffit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilshoffit

Oh yea, just had to buy it cause it looked fun and my son loves robots. Also, that is so cheap compared to other places.

April Shoffit

cjthespy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjthespy
aprilshoffit wrote:Ok, I got my tracking info last night and it is still not showing in fed ex. So, who is wrong on this or I am just not getting it?

Well good news, the tracking info is up (for me at least) so you should see yours up soon if not now :D...Says its arrived at Texas on the 24th so far for me and that is all I know for now

edit: mine is going to supposedly be here on Friday too now :D

666= Woot's 6th B-day, The DJ market ending in 6 and my order number ending in 6. THE END IS NEAR!!!

Massive Overkill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Massive Overkill

Mine will be here Friday. My boss bought 3 (not from Woot) after I told him about mine and he plans on doing some major mods.

tsxguy77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsxguy77

My tracking # still doesnt work. Im leaving on vacation Saturday too so I really hope I get it by Friday to set it up by the time I leave

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

I am in Philadelphia and mine is showing to be delivered on Saturday. Should be interesting but sadly I will be out all weekend and probably won't get this till Monday.

obsonb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obsonb

I'm in Morgantown, WV. . .says estimated delivery Friday. Hope I can set it up over the weekend.

tnaant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnaant

My tracking number still says not found

jjdsx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjdsx

Not to tick off anyone who hasn't gotten theirs yet, but when you do, I'd like to hear how your battery(s) hold up. I'm only getting about 5 mins of runtime on mine.

Oh well.......get what you pay for.

kcarsonwoot

quality posts: 261 Private Messages kcarsonwoot
tnaant wrote:My tracking number still says not found

**Shipping Update**
WowWee Rovio has completely shipped via FedEx Ground this morning. All tracking will be emailed by this afternoon to members who purchased this item. Tracking should show movement by the end of the day. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please try the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

kcarsonwoot

quality posts: 261 Private Messages kcarsonwoot
tsxguy77 wrote:My tracking # still doesnt work. Im leaving on vacation Saturday too so I really hope I get it by Friday to set it up by the time I leave

Per the update, if you do not receive tracking update/information by tomorrow morning (03/26/2010)-- please email into service@woot.com.

sultangris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sultangris

Got mine today. so far ive completely failed to get it to charge at all in the last 3 hours.

fmata5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmata5

I opened the box yesterday after work and already my Rovio is online and reachable via FREE DNS from the office!

Regarding the battery I would change this rover as soon as you open the box for at least 4 hours prior to tethering to your computer. I have a good deal of RC car, plane and helicopter experience and I can tell you this battery isn't bad just need to take your time on the first deep charge understanding this base has a very low charge rate.

While Rovio was charging I went to review Wowwee's Rovio videos also downloaded the latest code. 4 hours later I connected the rover up and started the software install which forced a firmware update.

Once my LAN I moved on to my router and firewall setup i.e. DMZ setup for the IP assigned to Rovio. It's a good idea to have all the IP stuff figured out prior to first setup.

After all the IP stuff was completed I moved on to setting up a account from one of the listed Dynamic DNS service locations... You will understand once you get to this point...

As of now everything is working with no issues BTW I am still charging maybe for 24 hours total before it leaves the base.

I only wish this had more light emitting from it. I guess we need woot to sell the headlights and beacon next!

Enjoy

petesimple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petesimple

Have not received my order yet either, put in an email to support(at)woot(dot)com and asked about it. Ended up in a cue of course. Hope it shows up tomorrow as my fedex link still is not working.
I'm a R/C enthusiast and am looking forward to setting up my Rovio to keep an eye on my pets at home via my iphone/ipad/mac with a twist on a iTeleport app. Should be a blast, hope my dog doesn't eat/destroy the idea ;)
~petesimple
musician/webgeek

tiarksk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiarksk

Yeah, I also can't seem to get my tracking number to work. I just hope I can plan for when I recieve it, as it is supposed to be a surprise for my boyfriend! That would really suck if he got to it before I did...

EDIT: Now it says I will receive it tomorrow

EDIT2: Now it says it will be here tuesday...what is that?!?

msrobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msrobi
tiarksk wrote:Yeah, I also can't seem to get my tracking number to work. I just hope I can plan for when I recieve it, as it is supposed to be a surprise for my boyfriend! That would really suck if he got to it before I did...

Mine says it was just picked up this evening.

mikeysweet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeysweet

Same issue for me. Tracking number not working and I tried the reference number way suggested earlier with no avail. me wants my toy!! waaaa!!

key888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages key888

My tracking number isn't working either. I called Fedex and they said they didn't have any shipments with my tracking number and going to my address. I hope it shows up friday.

PallasAthene5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PallasAthene5

We received both of ours today. Charged them for about 4 hours right off the bat, mine is still on the charger, but my husband starting messing with his...it's not holding a charge really...BUT on the plus side for all of you pet voyeur's lol. It's awesome, my cat has already taken a swing at it when the camera moved, I have a feeling I'm going to have the giggles when we get mine up and running. Having some problems with running Windows 7 and all that jazz apparently, not sure the details, husband deals with the technical stuff, I deal with the breaking it part.

jpierre01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpierre01

I was so excited to get this robot but WOOT screwed me again. My rovio was DOA. No power light. Everything else lights up except for the power light. Thank god I bought 2. The second one works great and it was fun playing with it but the battery lasts about 6 - 10 minutes after about 3 hours of charge.

I swapped the batteries and I am going to leave it to charge over night just to check and make sure it gets a full charge.

We'll see.

jpierre01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpierre01

Is it just me but are Woot items, brand new or not, just sub-standard quality. It happens to me all the time. Things that are supposed to be refurbished are just broken and/or used. Things that are "brand new" sometimes look like open box specials.

gwaland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwaland
jjdsx wrote:Not to tick off anyone who hasn't gotten theirs yet, but when you do, I'd like to hear how your battery(s) hold up. I'm only getting about 5 mins of runtime on mine.

Same here. the battery didn't even last long enough to set it up.

PallasAthene5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PallasAthene5

Broke mine out finally it's been charging 7.5 hrs. I got a whole maybe 5 minutes of run time on it. I'm going to charge it overnight and hope for the best....bought 2 of these and both of them have no battery life it seems. May have to find an alternate way of powering it? I don't know...but the 5 minutes of chasing my cat around the living room with it was completely worth the $200. I know...if there is a hell, I'm going to it.

A reply to the substandard products....I've only bought 2 things. A vacuum which I LOVE...and these Rovio's....which so far, so good.

RobPatton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobPatton

I hope the overnight charge helps. After 2 hours of charging, it ran almost 20 secs before it died. I guess I hoped for more out of the box, but I guess we'll let it charge 24 hours and try again

kfdiceman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfdiceman

Got mine today, charged for 2 hours, downloaded software works great. played with it for 10 min. Then loaded the iphone app, got it working. this is so cool...

sk8rboi069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk8rboi069

i wish i wouldn't have looked at my tracking. looks like i won't get mine until mid next week :-(
i guess i'll have to chase the pets around the old fashioned way this weekend, with my r/c helicopters

wop, wop, wop, arf, wop, wop, wop, arf, wop, wop, wop, yelp

onlookersnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onlookersnet

Got 2(in Florida) and am trying to hold off running them until they have charged for 12 hours(recommended on rovio enthusiast site).
Big warning notes in my box saying NOT to use the CD that comes with it, I would take that seriously... One of the power supplies that came with it is making a loud(to me) buzzing noise. I'm sort of expecting it to fail.

This is my first woot.com purchase, I undersood these were new and therefore should come with WowWee's(Manufacturer) 6 month warranty.

They certinly came well packaged, factory sealed in retail boxes(BNIB)

A properly functioning Rovio should get between 2 and 4 hours of use out of the batteries. If not, I'd suggest pushing for warranty replacement(I will be, if they are as bad as most seem to be commenting theirs are).

http://www.robocommunity.com/forums/37/Rovio/threads

pvancorenland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvancorenland

I just got it today and it looks great!
Off course I had the "charging problem", but after pushing the Rovio down on the charger, it would start charging.
After a while of charging, I decided to get the latest firmware (V5.03), after which it went dead (Push power switch, blue lights go on, but power switch light doesn't, and there's no response at all.
After a lot of research on robocommunity, nothing helps.
The Rovio software doesn't see the robot ( Windows doesn't even recognize it, except for when you plug in the USB cable and turn it on after, which causes the bootloader to show the device as a usb drive).
Some people have said that if you "Safely remove" the drive, the power light will come on after a while. Not for me!
After so many trials, I tried to see if the "Rovio Firmware updater" program will see it (since there is "something" visible on the USB port), and IT DID!. I uploaded the same firmware again and it is working!
It still seems to be short on the battery charge. I'll let it charge overnight (with a weight on it) and see what it does.

rodman1369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodman1369

I got my Rovio this morning about 8:30 am Austin, Texas time. Broke it out and set up base to charge. Don't know if holding charge...having trouble getting to the web interface after setting up via downloaded installer and firmware. When I try the Rivio Finder, it shows the ip address but when dbl-click...it won't bring up the page but tries to open it as a mime file and fails. I tried typeing in the address into browser but won't connect. Withour getting to web interface...how will I ever be able to test? I am on open network...live in country with no other wireless around.

onlookersnet

onlookersnet wrote:
A properly functioning Rovio should get between 2 and 4 hours of use out of the batteries. If not, I'd suggest pushing for warranty replacement(I will be, if they are as bad as most seem to be commenting theirs are).

Correct time frame seems to be between 1 and 3 hours, some report 90 minutes of constant driving which should equal a lot more with idle times etc.

So overall both batteries & one power supply that came with the two Rovio's are bad, 4-5 minutes runtime each, just enough to get a taste!

Unboxing my Rovio(s)(sorry about the poor positioning of images):
http://absurd.onlookers.net/?p=607

ctomele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctomele
jjdsx wrote:Not to tick off anyone who hasn't gotten theirs yet, but when you do, I'd like to hear how your battery(s) hold up. I'm only getting about 5 mins of runtime on mine.

Well, for $100 (or over $200 non-Woot) I would expect to be paying for more than 5 minutes. Warranty replacement time.

cjthespy

fmata5 wrote:I opened the box yesterday after work and already my Rovio is online and reachable via FREE DNS from the office!

Regarding the battery I would change this rover as soon as you open the box for at least 4 hours prior to tethering to your computer. I have a good deal of RC car, plane and helicopter experience and I can tell you this battery isn't bad just need to take your time on the first deep charge understanding this base has a very low charge rate.

While Rovio was charging I went to review Wowwee's Rovio videos also downloaded the latest code. 4 hours later I connected the rover up and started the software install which forced a firmware update.

Once my LAN I moved on to my router and firewall setup i.e. DMZ setup for the IP assigned to Rovio. It's a good idea to have all the IP stuff figured out prior to first setup.

After all the IP stuff was completed I moved on to setting up a account from one of the listed Dynamic DNS service locations... You will understand once you get to this point...

As of now everything is working with no issues BTW I am still charging maybe for 24 hours total before it leaves the base.

I only wish this had more light emitting from it. I guess we need woot to sell the headlights and beacon next!

Enjoy

For me I just woke up to find my little rovio on my doorstep :D ...Got it all plugged in and now just have to wait a long time to play with it...Also if you dont place it exactly a certain way it might not continue to charge...Moved mine and it seem to light up a lot better then the first way I put it...Not sure how to be more helpful in that sense, but dont give up :D

666= Woot's 6th B-day, The DJ market ending in 6 and my order number ending in 6. THE END IS NEAR!!!

jjdsx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjdsx
rodman1369 wrote:I got my Rovio this morning about 8:30 am Austin, Texas time. Broke it out and set up base to charge. Don't know if holding charge...having trouble getting to the web interface after setting up via downloaded installer and firmware. When I try the Rivio Finder, it shows the ip address but when dbl-click...it won't bring up the page but tries to open it as a mime file and fails. I tried typeing in the address into browser but won't connect. Withour getting to web interface...how will I ever be able to test? I am on open network...live in country with no other wireless around.

I had, and still have, the same issue with IE8 wanting to download a MIME file. But on the same box, Google Chrome has no problem. On 2 different PC's, IE6 pulls it up no problem. Thats after the ActiveX is installed.
Initially, I could access with my LAN using a 192.168.1.9, but couldn't get WAN access to work. So I changed the port from the default 80 to 8080. Now, even locally, I have to use 192.168.1.9:8080 to hit it. No biggie.
Wish I was smart enough to figure out what's going on. Except for the runtime, which IS better after an overnight charge, I too wish the headlight was brighter, but there's a contradiction in itself. Love the audio feature. Wish I'd had this when I was travelling.
Hey, keep the feedback coming on the batteries, charging time, etc. This is a great resource ! ! !

bradpr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradpr

just got mine
setup was challenging, i updated the f/w from the latest at myrovio.com, like the yellow insert recommends.

After updating, the web interface was FLAKY! It locked up frequently, and even caused my PC to crash. I'm running Win7 with IE8, so probably some issues there.

I re-updated the f/w, and it seemed to operate more smoothly after the second update.

Now, I can connect to it, but my video is green with magenta shadows.I've tried from 2 PC's and 3 different browsers.Definitely appears to be an issue with the camera sensor in the unit.

Called Wowee, but only got answering machine.

Waiting on call back.

Unhappy with purchase

SanchezDirte

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SanchezDirte

I was in for three. Just got two of them yesterday. The third is coming on saturday. They came in a factory sealed box of two. the side of the box said rovio quantity two. I opened one and sat it on the charger. saw the slip which said "hey, we put the start up disc in here for you, but what ever you do, don't use it for christs sake! Instead, just go to our website and download it, because that cd just might fry you computer. We arent saying that it will, but ya never know." So, after I installed the stuff from the cd. I felt compelled to at least try it for a second or two, knowing that if I didn't give it an overnight deep cell charge, that it might ruin the capacity of the batteries. It worked for about 45 seconds and died. This is after 2 hours of charging. I charged it overnight and tried in the morning and it died after 15 seconds. I took it to work this morning and have it sitting behind the bar on the table, charging. I will let it charge until tonight and see what happens. I am wondering if the unit has to be on to get a charge?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Just a reminder, these guys came with a 90 day Woot warranty and we will be talking to the manufacturer about the battery issues that many of you seem to be having. Please contact us if you have any issues, though we do fully support trying to troubleshoot with the manufacturer first.

cjthespy

agingdragqueen wrote:Just a reminder, these guys came with a 90 day Woot warranty and we will be talking to the manufacturer about the battery issues that many of you seem to be having. Please contact us if you have any issues, though we do fully support trying to troubleshoot with the manufacturer first.

Well it wont work with my os, my network or anything...the only way to use it is on ad hoc mode in which I have to be home and switch to a different network and so forth...Also none of the software worked from their website and I couldnt update the firmware...Cant even connect the rovio to my 64 bit system since apparently it is a usb 1.0 and not a 2.0 ...1.0 only works on 32 bit...With all this said and even with the battery issue I am returning this unusable robot for good. Not sending in the battery to the manufacture if I cannot even use it in any sense at all.

obsonb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obsonb

I haven't received mine, but boy it seems like they suck. I really hope mine is an exception. Just read where someone said won't work with windows 64 bit. that would be me.

What a load of gristle, and I haven't tried mine yet. Does everyone's suck?

jefers0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefers0n
agingdragqueen wrote:Just a reminder, these guys came with a 90 day Woot warranty and we will be talking to the manufacturer about the battery issues that many of you seem to be having. Please contact us if you have any issues, though we do fully support trying to troubleshoot with the manufacturer first.

I had battery issues too =(

Left it charging for almost 4 hours and had turned it on to do the setup...before it could even install the driver the battery failed and light started flashing orange.

EDIT: How should I contact you guys to let you know that I had battery issues as well? Should I e-mail RMA or another e-mail?

someninjamaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someninjamaster
jefers0n wrote:I had battery issues too =(

Left it charging for almost 4 hours and had turned it on to do the setup...before it could even install the driver the battery failed and light started flashing orange.

EDIT: How should I contact you guys to let you know that I had battery issues as well? Should I e-mail RMA or another e-mail?

I'm in the same boat as you I charged it for 6 hours and I get maybe 5 minutes out of it before the camera fades out and the battery dies.

onlookersnet

It's worth a try! those getting lousy battery life, charge it, discharge it repeatedly, but perhaps MORE importantly is, after it says it has completed charging, move the rovio forward, then right back onto the charging station and do this repeatedly... Each time it gives battery more juice and for 1 out of the 2 Rovios I got, it increased battery life to 30-40 minutes...

Also!

When I ran the Installation Software and did a firmware update, the first time(rovio1) I directed it to get the latest firmware online, the second time(Rovio2) I used a file I had previously downloaded(supposedly the same), but Rovio1 had errors in the html display(Paths, Visual, Audio options were in wrong position). Who knows what else might get corrupted thought online install..., I reflashed Rovio1 with the file from hard drive and all was well.