LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson
ExoCorsair wrote:Dear Woot Gods,

This is a very mean April Fool's joke; I live in a dorm! D:

Edit: Oh wait, that just might be the TV, which arrived before this. >________>;;
Also, ironically, I still can't find a bag, aside from the Texas air...

Beware the car wax!

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

Falcon2852

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Falcon2852

I emailed woot about not getting a bag, and got my tracking number for the replacement bag today. According to the online tracking there's a 7 lbs bag heading my way! My original bagless breakfast of champions was 4.8 lbs, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Does anyone know how many paper bags it takes to make a pound?

Falcon2852

Although I'm pretty sure they're butterfly wings, I like to think my avatar is doing the Home Alone scream while wearing pink oven mitts.

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

When did you email them? I emailed them 5 days ago about missing item + bag, and was told I would get a replacement, but nothing since then

lehrdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lehrdude

I emailed about missing 2 items on Monday and I just got a tracking number for a 6.3 lb. box that left Texas on Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.

Thanks again Woot! Much appreciated...regardless of how many paper bags you were able to put into a 24 x 12 x 12 inch box...

arilvdc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages arilvdc
darkinc wrote:When did you email them? I emailed them 5 days ago about missing item + bag, and was told I would get a replacement, but nothing since then

I emailed them, and they said they would send my one item I was missing out and then give me a tracking number. I didn't hear anything else from woot, except for a notice that my Chucknorium shirt shipped. 15 minutes ago my mail lady banged on my door and surprised me with a 24x12x12 box!!

Here it is....and it was heavy!

I open it up and found burping pens, brother in arms action figures and more boxes.

All together I received

12x 2 pack calculators
4x random sized buckets (one red bucket not pictured)
4x Spock bobbleheads
3x Kirk bobbleheads
6x Burping pens
4x Brothers in arms action figures

We immediately said a prayer of gratitude to the woot gods!

darkinc

arilvdc wrote:I emailed them, and they said they would send my one item I was missing out and then give me a tracking number. I didn't hear anything else from woot, except for a notice that my Chucknorium shirt shipped. 15 minutes ago my mail lady banged on my door and surprised me with a 24x12x12 box!!

Here it is....and it was heavy!

I open it up and found burping pens, brother in arms action figures and more boxes.

All together I received

12x 2 pack calculators
4x random sized buckets (one red bucket not pictured)
4x Spock bobbleheads
3x Kirk bobbleheads
6x Burping pens
4x Brothers in arms action figures

We immediately said a prayer of gratitude to the woot gods!

nice I'll wait till Monday and see what happens.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I haven't gotten my glowing monkeys yet and because of a stupid email outtage at my college I have no idea when they were shipped or if there was a problem or what.

Has anyone else had this problem or have most gotten their monkeys already?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:I haven't gotten my glowing monkeys yet and because of a stupid email outtage at my college I have no idea when they were shipped or if there was a problem or what.

Has anyone else had this problem or have most gotten their monkeys already?

Here are two ways you can check the shipping status:

1. Click on My Account at the top of the page. Click on the order in question and see if there is a tracking number shown on the next page.

2. Use FedEx's Track by Reference Feature. Leave the account no. blank. Enter your order number as the reference (2nd box), destination country and zipcode. Click Track.

NOTE: To get your order number: Check on My Account. Click on the order in question and then click on the link to view your receipt. Your order number will be on the receipt.

Of course, you can also email service@woot.com for assistance. They'll be back in the office on Monday.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lehrdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lehrdude

First came the 4/1 excrement:

1x Jo-Bro case
1x Woot Shirt
{end excrement}

...Then came the e-mail to Woot Customer Service about 2 missing items.

Finally - Excrement: The Sequel

2x Spock Bobbleheads
2x Kirk Bobbleheads
3x Small-ish buckets (red, gold and silver)
1x Bigger red bucket
6x Solar Calculator 2-packs
12x Burpmaster Pens (1 doesn't burp)

Thanks again Woot! I'm keeping the Faith!!!!!

oregonnative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oregonnative
Falcon2852 wrote:I emailed woot about not getting a bag, and got my tracking number for the replacement bag today. According to the online tracking there's a 7 lbs bag heading my way! My original bagless breakfast of champions was 4.8 lbs, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Does anyone know how many paper bags it takes to make a pound?

Ditto.

Don't Let The Bastards Grind Ya Down

oregonnative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oregonnative
lehrdude wrote:First came the 4/1 excrement:

1x Jo-Bro case
1x Woot Shirt
{end excrement}

...Then came the e-mail to Woot Customer Service about 2 missing items.

Finally - Excrement: The Sequel

2x Spock Bobbleheads
2x Kirk Bobbleheads
3x Small-ish buckets (red, gold and silver)
1x Bigger red bucket
6x Solar Calculator 2-packs
12x Burpmaster Pens (1 doesn't burp)

Thanks again Woot! I'm keeping the Faith!!!!!

THIS IS WHY WE ALL LOVE WOOT! Awesome customer service!!! Next crappy item up for sale, I'm buyin 3 just because!!!

Don't Let The Bastards Grind Ya Down

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh
darkinc wrote:nice I'll wait till Monday and see what happens.

Awesome....

mystery250

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mystery250

I truly didn't receive a bag, so I changed my mind and I asked if there was anything that could be done about my not getting one.

Let's see what their response is. I've been on the edge about whether I should email them about it since I received my Adventure Carp.

Might as well get one, as it's part of the carp commandments that you can expect one.

mystery250

mystery250 wrote:From 4/9/2012: I'm not going to bother complaining to them about a bag, I didn't receive one, but I liked what I received well enough to not worry about it, I don't think. So many people didn't receive bags this time around.

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

My original 4/1 only came with two items (XL Dirty Jobs shirt, Amber Woot Lights) and a bag (JoBros.) Today, I received my missing "item".

Severe lack of picture due to severe lack of charged camera (out of four that we own), but I got:

5 x Bros In Arms action figure
6 x Burpmaster pens
6 x 2 pack of calculators
4 x Buckets of assorted colors and sizes
1 x Small, pink teeball bat (has a retail tag for $17.99)
1 x Prince O3 Speedport Gold tennis racket w/ bag (seems to retail anywhere from $100-$200, though list price is $270)

I haven't played tennis in almost five years, but this is a really good reason to start again. Thanks so much, woot!

FrostDemn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrostDemn

I have a tracking number for a "replacement bag" to be sent to me. I just sent an email saying I missed the bag, but thanking them for what did show up.
It weighs like, 5.7lbs now. :o
I wonder what'll show up...

Niff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Niff

Well, I got my sansa and earbuds, and my crap, 1 jonas bros bag, one mini dock, one regular woot lights (anyone wanna trade for cop lights? :P ) and then a shirt I was hoping someone could identify for me, no camera atm.

Its a man at a desk staring at what looks to be a monitor, but the man is instead a large head looking at the outside world.

all in all, happy and content, I like the shirt and it fits fine :D

edit: The shirt appears to be "stuck inside"
see here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Stuck_Insidemp3Detail.png

terri19

quality posts: 3 Private Messages terri19

I ordered the USB Powered Woot-Off Lights with $10 Shirt.Woot Coupon...when I received my lights, one was damaged. I emailed woot and they offered to refund the total purchase price. Since I hadn't used the coupon I told them that would be great. They emailed me back and told me to use the shirt coupon anyway...

Great Customer Service woot! Thanks!!

Terri19

Kingu

quality posts: 41 Private Messages Kingu
darkinc wrote:Those who are receiving replacement Bowl of Cereal items for missing ones, did you get tracking information or notification of shipment?

I got my replacement Baboons on Cabbages on Saturday, which rather surprised me as Saturday delivery is like a criminal offense in my area. The FedEx guy apparently decided that it was just too early to knock on the door on a Saturday morning at 10am, so he quietly hid it beneath the door mat. You know, so no one would notice the nearly two foot high box that was there that I could see from the street.

My original adventure had a some incredible number candlepower rechargeable lantern that tried to catch on fire, and a set of red and blue woot-off lights that attempted to make a break for it in shipment, and were crushed by the seven pound fire hazard of a lantern. (You plug it in, it makes for a terrific light show that really gives you that goosebump feeling of wondering if you remembered to change the batteries in the smoke detector when the time changed, and further considerations of renter's insurance for the impending fire, and that brief recollection that the fire extinguisher that was purchased in lieu of the insurance ended up at work after a fire inspection...)

After some egging in the forums, I contacted customer service rather embarrassedly, because my two items (well, far more, if you counted the fragments of wootoff lights) as I..well, didn't love my cabbage. Well, less, love, more of a lack of cabbage.

Customer service was exceedingly polite, and noted a replacement would be on it's way. I'm unsure where the tracking note went, but when I recontacted them five days later, they forwarded the tracking information to me.

It was with the slightest of trepidations that I opened the replacement box. After all, even though they had broken some commandments (lack of a bag, lack of the number of cabbage), I also didn't love my electronic firestarter and kindling for an extra smoky fire. I honestly expected a bag from the office shredder, some used staples, and perhaps a nice note asking me to be more understanding in the future.

Instead, I was overwhelmed by the bonanza. First and foremost, a pair of working wootoff lights for my computer. The pieces I had taped together from the red and blue set did kind of work with the battery powered Christmas light set, but they didn't spin. THESE WORKED!

Nestled in the corner of the box was a screaming monkey KEYCHAIN. Omelets made great. The ultimate in nerd accessories for keys. No longer do I need to haul around a large monkey, I can fire off one in an instant from my keychain (note to other users - please remove keys before firing.)

In a plain brown cardboard box, there was one of those things I kept hovering my mouse over, but didn't pull the trigger on. A SNOWMAN SPEAKER SET! Well, set as in there's just one - I mean, a snowman speaker - who really needs two of them? Uniqueness makes it a set onto itself, and honestly, it wasn't intended to be paired up with anything other than music.

For a container, there was a panish POT. The wife immediately stole it and put it next to the door with a nifty little quilted pillow and a hastily crocheted blanket. For two reasons: One, she was SICK of me hunting for my keys, and two, well, the screaming monkey accompanies me everywhere now, and needs a place of rest and relaxation after such a hectic day. So now, when I come home, I have to put the monkey to sleep in it's bed.

Now admittedly, had that lantern worked, it would have become a powerful spotlight for Karaoke Night, and, well, family members are breathing a sigh of relief that the company that produced it are, well, avoiding my calls.

But.. Woot apparently understood the need for me to torture my family, for within this treasure trove of replacement baboons, there was also a PHILLIPS USB CAMERA! They smirked, and pointed out it only worked with XP, not Windows 7, and were thinking they were off Scott free, but ha! Phillips has updated the drivers and it WORKS WITH SKYPE, Chatroulette, and Omegle. So if any of you happen to frequent those places, and see an image of a woman and her daughter, looking pained singing along with some Disney hit that really should have been pounded until it was lifeless and then properly buried in a porcelain sacrificial flush, be sure to comment THANKS WOOT!

For indeed, this was the best Baboon on Cars I've EVER gotten, even if it was a replacement one.

(Itemizing in case someone doesn't want to read the above...)
1. Snowman Speaker
2. Phillips USB Web camera
3. Woot-off lights (amber)
4. Screaming Monkey Keychain (black cape edition)
5. One bronze colored pan-like pot. (container)

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun
darkinc wrote:When did you email them? I emailed them 5 days ago about missing item + bag, and was told I would get a replacement, but nothing since then

I received mine within about four days (4/13-4/17) of them telling me they were sending a new item. I didn't get tracking info, so I was pleasantly surprised when it did arrive.

darkinc

draigun wrote:I received mine within about four days (4/13-4/17) of them telling me they were sending a new item. I didn't get tracking info, so I was pleasantly surprised when it did arrive.

Mm today makes day 7, I emailed them again, maybe I was forgotten xD. It's ok and all, but well I'd like to know if I should be expecting one or not xD.

Hundo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hundo

Trade offer...

ISO...
The penguin impostor shirt large

I can include one or more of these items...

Carrot shirt large
Grimace shirt large
Pooh Tooshbush thing
Numerous ipod lego speakers
fold-able picnic basket

thx

mystery250

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mystery250

They said they'll send a replacement order. I kind of feel sorry for Woot, as they are probably getting a lot of requests.

But it really is their problem as the warehouse monkeys didn't add bags to every order as they should have done. It's probably costing them a good bit to ship out the extra stuff they missed, but I guess that happens to every company.

I just hope that everyone that emails them about not getting a bag legitimately did not get a bag. It's fraud otherwise, technically.

Thanks again Woot for the excellent customer service. You can expect me as a customer for long time to come.

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson
mystery250 wrote:.

I love your mad-crazy tetris armed avatar.

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

jparamch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jparamch
mystery250 wrote:They said they'll send a replacement order. I kind of feel sorry for Woot, as they are probably getting a lot of requests.

But it really is their problem as the warehouse monkeys didn't add bags to every order as they should have done. It's probably costing them a good bit to ship out the extra stuff they missed, but I guess that happens to every company.

I just hope that everyone that emails them about not getting a bag legitimately did not get a bag. It's fraud otherwise, technically.

Thanks again Woot for the excellent customer service. You can expect me as a customer for long time to come.

I did not get a bag in mine either - but really the craps I got for $8 were crappie enough. I don't like the possible trend of people falsifying claims to take a second shot at a crap however...it's a good way for the wootgods to get irate. Especially since they seem to be putting a good amount of energy/replacement crapola in there.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
jparamch wrote:I did not get a bag in mine either - but really the craps I got for $8 were crappie enough. I don't like the possible trend of people falsifying claims to take a second shot at a crap however...it's a good way for the wootgods to get irate. Especially since they seem to be putting a good amount of energy/replacement crapola in there.

If folks didnt get the bags.. and they saw WHAT the bags were.. then isnt it really just gold digging in hopes of getting more krapp?.. I mean who really wants a Jonas Bros camera bag anyhow?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

darkinc

darkinc wrote:Mm today makes day 7, I emailed them again, maybe I was forgotten xD. It's ok and all, but well I'd like to know if I should be expecting one or not xD.

Well I contacted asking if I was forgotten, and the response was,

"I apologize for the delay, but we should have tracking for your replacement soon. Please contact us back in a couple of days for the tracking info."

After 7 days, I think I was lol. Ah well alls well that ends well

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

So... after seeing everyone here complaining about the lack of a bag and receiving one, I decided to email Woot and ask for a bag. Here was their reply:

"I'm sorry, neither the paper bag nor the Bowl of Cereal shirt are promised for every Bowl of Cereal."

Do I complain? I think it's unfair that everyone else gets what they want and I get ignored.

darkinc

abramokids wrote:So... after seeing everyone here complaining about the lack of a bag and receiving one, I decided to email Woot and ask for a bag. Here was their reply:

"I'm sorry, neither the paper bag nor the Bowl of Cereal shirt are promised for every Bowl of Cereal."

Do I complain? I think it's unfair that everyone else gets what they want and I get ignored.

What was the contents of your B..O..C?

Falcon2852

abramokids wrote:So... after seeing everyone here complaining about the lack of a bag and receiving one, I decided to email Woot and ask for a bag. Here was their reply:

Looking at your posts, I'm assuming you got the Jonas Brothers accessory case in your Bowl of Cereal. That's your bag-like item. Most people emailing woot only got 3 items, and/or none of their items could be defined as a bag.

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids
Falcon2852 wrote:Looking at your posts, I'm assuming you got the Jonas Brothers accessory case in your Bowl of Cereal. That's your bag-like item. Most people emailing woot only got 3 items, and/or none of their items could be defined as a bag.

"Ooooooh. That explains everything!"
(Tell me what that's from and win an internet)

Thanks for clearing things up

JohnWooten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnWooten
JBlade00 wrote:Well, I obviously don't know if it WAS in there... but gauging by others with similar package weight + size it seems I am missing SOMETHING. Normally I would just blow something like this off, but the fact that it is a postal worker, etc... makes me angry. I can't really just blow it off cause it could easily happen again. What kind of person would do this? Greedy people. I guess I just need to forgive that person because they probably need more help than whatever the box gave them...

You may not be following this anymore, but I had one that looks like it was stolen. I tracked it from TX to Sacramento, then it suddenly disappeared and was never found. Woot sent me a replacement, but I was still incredibly disturbed (at the time I never bothered to check the weight, maybe it's better that way). Obviously woot boxes have become a target since their contents isn't declared or insured.

Lotsa stuff...

thedsm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thedsm

After only receiving 1 item + my jonas bros bag and letting them know, the Woot gods shined upon me and this arrived today:

1x slime gun
1x sound responsive snowman
1x woot lights
1x screaming monkey keychain
1x little green tub

Falcon2852

I got my bag replacement today

1 x keychain screaming monkey
1 x snowman speaker
1 x pair of woot lights
1 x My First Recorder
1 x pack of crayola twistables
1 x Mijam microphone
1 x plastic flower thing
1 x bucket/pan

Thanks woot!

darkinc

Falcon2852 wrote:I got my bag replacement today

1 x keychain screaming monkey
1 x snowman speaker
1 x pair of woot lights
1 x My First Recorder
1 x pack of crayola twistables
1 x Mijam microphone
1 x plastic flower thing
1 x bucket/pan

Thanks woot!

You forgot

1x Cat Butt

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darkinc wrote:You forgot

1x Cat Butt

They do like to pose for pictures, don't they?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

darkinc

ThunderThighs wrote:They do like to pose for pictures, don't they?

So very true. I sometimes have to question if people train their cats into certain poses for Bowl of Cereal photos.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Stupid JoBro bag screwed me on the replacement bag...sad thing is that I just want the paper bag, no extra crap, just the bag (this was my first crap) to commemorate.

I'm hoping it comes in my happy hour Bowl of Cereal...

jahciple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jahciple

i always miss this crap.

eclipsis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclipsis

Got mine at 1.3lbs:

1 x Imposter Woot Shirt, size L? (no tag)
1 x Jonas Brothers Camera Bag
1 x pink lego iPod speaker dock thingy
1 x mini tripod

Willing to trade any of these...whatcha got??