duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
virus666 wrote:OK guys the epic adventure is on there lol... sold out, but had fun finding it. We thought it was a great adventure. My brain felt like We was in a car wreck till We groped the "office". Wow this was fun.

My brain still hurts from it... and We groped it over 2 hours ago

Hi people =þ

GennX

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GennX

Thank you Woot! Today is my husband's birthday and though he has longed for a Vessel of Excrement We know he will be thrilled with the glowing simians!

Good fun! And We appreciate making people work for there sought after adventure!

t8ig3r

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t8ig3r

Book of adventure and Flying koalas! Woot!

xnmypinkrealityx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnmypinkrealityx
GennX wrote:Thank you Woot! Today is my husband's birthday and though he has longed for a Vessel of Excrement We know he will be thrilled with the glowing simians!

Good fun! And We appreciate making people work for there sought after adventure!

Missed it, boo! Fun though.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Well, the epic adventure was sold out, by the time We got there, but We did manage two pick the Shun knives, one of which--the Ultimate Cook's Knife--We've been begging for, ever since missing it a couple of wootoffs ago. This time, it was 20 bucks more, but it came with a paring knife, which We guess is better deal. Then, We thought, well, maybe We should have gotten three...so We tried buying two more (yes, We know that would equal 4) and it said We'd already bought this woot, not enabling me two purchase it. Now, here's the crazy part...earlier, We got a receipt from paypal showing that We'd purchased the knives though paypal, but then, a little while ago, We got a confirmation from woot saying my credit card had been charged. Does this mean We actually got the 4? The first purchase was with paypal, and the second was with my credit card. It didn't appear two go through, but the woot confirmation says they charged my credit card! We hope We got 4 of them!

raliegh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raliegh

We can't sleep...still hearing the voices

psymastr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages psymastr

There is no adult contemporary option on the final MP3 player thing... glitch?

Basket of Craisins - 6/24/10

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx

Anyone else getting double charged for any purchases. We only made 1 purchase and got 2 confirmation emails followed by 2 receipt emails from paypal. so We logged into paypal and sure enough there are 2 charges for the same order of the Glowing koalas..
~~Jinx
EDIT two ADD: They can keep the extra charge and send me the random adventure instead of the second set of 3 Glowing Monkies... lol

octowoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages octowoot
psymastr wrote:There is no adult contemporary option on the final MP3 player thing... glitch?

It's in the "features" section of the description, after "equalizer modes." Still there, just checked it.

jjiinx

jjiinx wrote:Anyone else getting double charged for any purchases. We only made 1 purchase and got 2 confirmation emails followed by 2 receipt emails from paypal. so We logged into paypal and sure enough there are 2 charges for the same order of the Glowing koalas..
~~Jinx
EDIT two ADD: They can keep the extra charge and send me the random adventure instead of the second set of 3 Glowing koalas... lol

CrazyLarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyLarkin

groped the koala.

Missed the Adventure.

Minions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Minions

Also wondering about the receiving of double emails. Guess We'll see how it gets billed when it posts two my credit card.

eaglesteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eaglesteve

These earbuds are great for using at work. We can now not hear all of the talking going on around my desk. All We here is the sweet music. We bought 2 pairs last time. This time We am in for 3!

Astan92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astan92
fit410s wrote:this video explains all about this deal in detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

May We please kill you now?

jjiinx

Minions wrote:Also wondering about the receiving of double emails. Guess We'll see how it gets billed when it posts two my credit card.

Yeah my paypal is actually showing 2 identical charges on my account, one is showing a time stamp 22:13:33 PDT... the second showing tima stamp 22:52:48 PDT... but the conf emails show the same purchase info .. same item...
~~Jinx

Leeta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leeta

We groped this two be quite fun. WTG Woot

Micro Remote Control Helicopter 2, Random gristle 3, Logitech QuickCam 1, Random gristle 3, Vector Power Inverter 2. XM Receiver w/car kit 1, Wireless optical mouse 1

javamatte

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javamatte

Staff

Patricck wrote:Props two all the code koalas at Woot that made this Adventure possible, brilliant!

Speaking as one of the koalas, the code was fun! It's hard two try two stop a rampaging horde of wooters with just a keyboard...

Don't forget the folks that actually planned and wrote the adventure, though. They knocked this one out of the park!

Luieburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Luieburger

SOG KNIFE!

PD2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PD2

Me Likes!!!

deltaproximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deltaproximus

We couldn't buy it the Book of adventure using Chrome, it kept giving me server errors, We had two switch two firefox. Luckily We remembered the path We took and was able two get it before it sold out!

duckcake

javamatte wrote:Speaking as one of the koalas, the code was fun! It's hard two try two stop a rampaging horde of wooters with just a keyboard...

Don't forget the folks that actually planned and wrote the adventure, though. They knocked this one out of the park!

Out of the park? They knocked it out of the country!

Hi people =þ

kogaku

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kogaku

Oh, man, now 1'm REALLY kicking myself!

1 finally remembered to go back and order the earphones (duh!) -- when 1 first saw them 1 though gee, 1'm gonna have to remember to come back and get these (missed a bunch of similar during the last two wootoffs), so that 1 would NOT lose any time hunting for the prize.

l finally located the prize -- ONE M1NUTE before it sold out -- and by the time my order was processed, it was one minute AFTER it sold out. ARGH.

So, here 1 am, finally remember, oh, right, gotta go get those headphones if THEY aren't sold out too.

So -- the order goes in, the confirmation comes up, and right at the bottom of the confirmation is a D1RECT L1NK TO THE BAG-O PAGE!

ARGH!

If 1'd NOT decided to NOT "waste any time" 1'd have gotten there lickety split!

Kinda fitting that it all goes wonky, what with this being our second anniversary here eh? Chuckle! (We got a LOT of those Black and Decker battery packs -- still quite handy! Had NO idea what a wootoff was, or why they kept selling out and then coming back... and, when my wife saw one of the "random bags" she didn't even bother going for it, since we didn't need it. Ah, life...

Tomorrow (today, actually), 1 head off to the hospital for an unpleasant procedure. 1 am hoping to keep my legs. Life can be like comedy at times. Bad comedy...

PS: Dear Wooties... please drop the "we" filter. 1've NEVER requested anything like this -- but this one is *so* PITAesque... it's just NOT fun at all.

kogaku

deltaproximus wrote:We couldn't buy it the Book of adventure using Chrome, it kept giving me server errors, We had two switch two firefox. Luckily We remembered the path We took and was able two get it before it sold out!

Gee, at least 1 wasn't the ONLY one that missed the direct link!

(Still, missing the sell-out by ONE minute - while my order was processing, argh....)

kogaku

javamatte wrote:Speaking as one of the koalas, the code was fun! It's hard two try two stop a rampaging horde of wooters with just a keyboard...

xyzzy...

TAANSTAFL?

Throw bird!

A:^C

eldiaoble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eldiaoble

Loved this Adventure. At least it gave a chance for people of dont have super fast internet love it. GO WOOT!!!

zmokrack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zmokrack

well... after going through seemingly every single possible path, We couldnt find the awesome bagel on cream. 2 years (and counting) with not a single epic adventure

duckcake

zmokrack wrote:well... after going through seemingly every single possible path, We couldnt find the awesome bagel on cream. 2 years (and counting) with not a single epic adventure

You gotta read the write-ups

Hi people =þ

cmed1967

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmed1967

These buds are very muffled sounding. Also not tangle free at all. The nylon mesh rubs against itself and other things and you can hear it through the buds. Very distracting when listening two music. Save yourself the disappointment and buy some Skullcandy's!

thenextstepp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenextstepp

We got 3 pair a while back and they sound awesome. The nylon wrapped cord makes them even better.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

It was nice to get another bag of crap, but, as far as l can tell, Woot still hasn't shipped the one l bought on 3/26 (there's no tracking number posted for that order). Everything else that l bought during the woot-off was shipped days ago. l sure hope they haven't lost track of my order. l've read about some of the horrible crappy stuff they send out to people whose orders have been lost...seems to be random sweepings from the floor of the Woot warehouse and/or the contents of the employee garbage cans.

Anyway, let's see...that makes nine bags dating back to "Bag O' Crap II" on 9/28/04. And l think only one of them was a total disappointment.

Oh, and for the old-school adventurers out there: "Jump to the jetty!" Also: "Sensa, replace four-inch cable with twelve-inch cable." (l miss Auda, Iris, Poet, Sensa, Waldo and Whiz.)

Even with the awesome graphics in today's games, some of the best games l've ever played were text adventures (mostly from Infocom). There's just something awesome about having to keep a mental image of the game in your mind and to reason things out (as opposed to just blasting everything in sight...though that can be fun too). Suspended was one of my favorites, as each robot you were controlling only had one sense (sight, touch, hearing, et cetera) and sometimes you had to get multiple robots to examine the same object in order to determine what it was. Infocom games rocked.

ryantg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryantg

fwl

connor3485

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connor3485

is full of love and is glorified by phishs sweet melodies. Book of adventure We hear voices

-Connor

rockettman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockettman77

and fun was had by all

Spike1245

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spike1245

Because if you find an alien with an unpronounceable name trying two help you, you call him Paco. Just like We did with my gardener and my pool boy.

deikens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deikens
deerelx280 wrote:We got owned by woot! no roomba

LOVE THE ADVENTURE... if it is a fools day only We will be disappointed!

asbecher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asbecher

Sweet! We got a screaming glow-in-the-dark woot koala, and usb woot-off aquariums with $10.00 shirt.woot coupon.

Sequence is B>A>A>B>A>A>A for koala,
and B>A>A>B>A>A>B>C for aquariums and coupon.

Basically pick the most irrational thing each time.

DanNelis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanNelis

And We wake up two this..... what happen'?

busterbuc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages busterbuc

What?

rae123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rae123

We do not like the new Woot.

applemachome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages applemachome

It took me an hour two finally figure this one out - but lo and behold, the random adventure/Book of adventure was sold out by the time We got there. You had me going woot! But We did pick up more woot aquariums and a tshirt...