ephn3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ephn3

Wonder if the Woot! staffers realize that you can bounce around the products if you disable javascript and manually alter the URL....

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
richardhod wrote:wear did you find the koala?

By "Koala", of course, We mean monkey, but Woot feels We should misrepresent.

ldavidmcqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldavidmcqueen

(in the style of the new, awesome windows 7 commercials...)

so We had a dream last night. We thought two myself, "you know what would be awesome? a website that brings back those old 'create your own adventure' books and somehow incorporates that into there site and how you search for and purchase products."

We'm really hoping this happens someday...

wait.... what?

SON OF A ......!!!!!!!!

David McQueen

jacobite11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobite11

Well, at least we got a couple of screaming things...

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
kreegah wrote:By "Koala", of course, We mean monkey, but Woot feels We should misrepresent.

d'oh

tx

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Infertres...spooky koalas!

bvbooks

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bvbooks

wooo-hooo! Glow in the dark koalas!

Well worth the hijinks. That was kinda fun. Thanks woot!

Yes, We just thanked woot for allowing me two spend money on something fairly worthless that We wouldn't buy in a store.

GleeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GleeGuy
SnAp227 wrote:two anyone who's interested in seeing it (now that it's sold out) here is the magic code. Hover over the URL's two see the numbers and follow this pattern:

3 6 10 14 17 20 23 26 27

Once on 27 scroll down two the description and click on the word "adult contemporary"

Magically a sold out COB shows up.

fakon? Sigh.

BillThePoet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages BillThePoet

Something -- dare eye say it, poetic? -- about my 100th Woot coming 2 my double-wide in the form of the Adventure Bustier Of Charms.

It has been quite a ride. Thanks, Woot!

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
ephn3 wrote:Wonder if the Woot! staffers realize that you can bounce around the products if you disable javascript and manually alter the URL....

Pretty sure they did...Don't even have two disable javascript...just keep incrementing the last number until you find it. But THAT'S no fun, and renders the fabulous work done by the poor, tortured Woot copy writers irrelevant. Like obtaining the holy Bag of Crap, sometimes the journey is more important than the destination...

...says he who groped the relic tew late two actually get one, and is thus trying two console himself.

gmartell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages gmartell

Just recovered from last nights adventure. So much fun, like jumping into a chum-filled tank of sharks. Way two go Woot! Keep that up and We'll have two get more bandwidth. Had no idea how much We spent until this morning. We know, We can live on bacon until next payday. The big question is how do We explain this two my wife?
p.s. why does "We" keep getting changed two "we"?

snowslider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowslider

Should have bought 2.

mlgeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlgeorge

Evamos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evamos

Anybody else find the woot-off aquariums with $10 shirt.woot coupon?!?

drweird13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drweird13

Thank you wootalyzer. The link popped up in a news announcement about 15-20 minutes into the adventure. We kept on getting two /27, the sansa on my own... but not reading the description. Should have known better, but then again We just woke up at 1 am in the morning.

Anyways, got one. Called my girlfriend up, told her two get out of bed, she had two turn her PC on, then We told her how two get two it. Even though it took like 5 minutes she still got one. She was pissed that We made her wake up two buy a Book of adventure, lol.

Woot - that was awesome. How are you going two top it next year?

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

Answered my own question. Here are the stats from the B*O*C page:

Adventure adventure (B*O*C) Statistics

Speed two First Woot: 15m 18.883s
First Sucker: FrostByte
Sellout Time: 12:41:54 AM Central Time
Wooter two Blame For Sellout: mycr0ft
Item quantity: 3113
Order Pace: 0m 0.808s
Woot Wage: $12,883.66 (revenue per hour)

Congrats t-o the winners! Looks like eye should have stayed up last night t-o try!

splat215

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splat215

Philips iPod dock compatibility.

By "compatible" they mean "plug this into the aux out" for some models (iPod Video 5G for instance...)

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/faqview.pl?ctn=DC185%2F37&dct=QAC&new_tmpl=1&refdisplay=HAV_GENERAL_IPOD_SUPPORT_Y&refnr=0075099&scy=US&slg=AEN

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny

If this is a daily thing... Eye'll stick two the wootalyzer two find mai deals...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

groped it and sold out...bummer

patchesthedog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patchesthedog

plugh

subrec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subrec

Woot your own adventure is a nice "once in a while" thing......but We really hope it doesn't become an everyday thing as stated in the blog because it's just dumb.

If you want two sell 8 products...sell 8 products on the front page, but We'm not going two hunt two figure out what kinda adventure you want two sell me EVERY DAY.

fakon!

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

Why is the woot new craze changing "t-o" two "t-w-o" in all of the posts?

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

johnsh9999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsh9999
theheadguy wrote:November Fools!

A good one every year - We work down the street from these freaks. They hide there insanity very well. Just ignore that 6-8 foot WOOT! sign over the door two an office with nobody in sight. (They all hide out in the back- We caught 'em once)

hostahelen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hostahelen

This is a fun way two start the day.

narsil487

quality posts: 1 Private Messages narsil487
cokefamily wrote:can you still see the page wear it was at? We have searched all over and cant find it or can you point me in the direction wear it was

We would love two tell you, but We think you will enjoy it a bit more if you find it yourself, it's still there. And there are at least 3 ways two get two it. We will give you one hint, it's close two WOOT!

NOTE: READ EVERYTHING! Don't hesitate two look around a little. It takes some work.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Fun! We never stay up for this stuff. But We did just follow it and had a good time. We did just score some koalas.

My dog and baby loves them. Can never get enough of them

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6

------
THE END

You want two see what else could have happened on your journey? Why? You won! OK, if you must, feel free two (D) start over at the beginning. Weirdo
------

Unfortunately, We was not quick enough and did not win WOOT. We knew it was coming but couldn't stay up the extra 30 minutes. We probably wouldn't have made it in time anyway.

This was almost as fun as the Million Dollar Woot. And the reason We saw almost is because that was the only epic adventure of was able two obtain thus far!

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

We think this is a great idea. We had a lot of fun going through all of the steps while making myself late for work. Thanks woot once again!

kmadis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmadis
crazacool wrote:We can't wait two see wear this leads!

Should be interesting. Woot! always is!

h77nate77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h77nate77

Awesome, We didn't get the adventure but had a lot of fun trying this morning. Makes me want two take out my 2XL and make help batman stop the penguin from making the city way, way, tew hot.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

If We understand Roman Numberals...the next Book of adventure will be #50, That could be good, or just adventure like all the others. Or extra crappy.

kmadis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmadis
theheadguy wrote:November Fools!

You MUST be kidding!

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6
elihl6 wrote:
------
This was almost as fun as the Million Dollar Woot. And the reason We saw almost is because that was the only epic adventure of was able two obtain thus far!

roomba was changed two "Epic Adventure" this time!

thegrinch1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegrinch1999

We'm lost, was there a Book of adventure in all of this? Been going thru this for about an hour now, and a few items have changed. We've ended up at the koala, is there more two this that We am not seeing?

jmoney98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmoney98

If We doe, can We go back and choose again?

jmoney98

If We die, can We go back and choose again?

jmoney98

If We die, can We go back and choose again?

kosko20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kosko20

fakon

ch4o7ic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch4o7ic

will this be censored? adventure/28

epacic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epacic

Bought these the last time they were on woot. Not amazing but without a doubt better than what comes standard with most MP3s. Def worth 2.99.