KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I know food surveys are poof's domain, but this has been bothering me for weeks.

What do you put on the bread when you are making a lunchmeat sandwich? Butter, Mayo, Salad dressing, what?

I've always used Mayo, but my Mom and sister use Miracle whip (salad dressing). I'd never heard of butter going on bread that wasn't being toasted, but when my mother-in-law and her husband visit there is no way to keep the butter tray full with the amount they use for sandwiches!

I grew up in So. Idaho/North Utah. Mother-in-law is from Iowa.

So what do you use? Oh and to make this interesting if you could include your general region that you consider yourself from (not necessarily where you live now).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Depends on what else is going on! For turkey and chicken, I like mayo. Ham is good with mustard. I don't eat much roast beef. BLT's are good with either mayo or miracle whip, but I really do prefer mayo.

I don't know if it's a regional thing...I grew up in Colorado.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Depends on what else is going on! For turkey and chicken, I like mayo. Ham is good with mustard. I don't eat much roast beef. BLT's are good with either mayo or miracle whip, but I really do prefer mayo.

Thanks I forgot about mustard, my doula did that! I think it was with ham, interesting!

btw I did make a cheese and PB yesterday, needed to slice the cheese thinner so it melted more, but good. Not gonna eat it all the time, but it did break up the monotony!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I use real mayo or mustard, occassionally dijonaisse - never butter or catsup/ketchup.

Also depends on the type of bread.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel

Miracle Whip with fowl, mayo if it's unavailable. Mustard with ham or beef, spicy brown > yellow. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and/or Alaska.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:
btw I did make a cheese and PB yesterday, needed to slice the cheese thinner so it melted more, but good. Not gonna eat it all the time, but it did break up the monotony!

That's awesome! I think you're the first person to actually try it. :D Most people just look at me strangely and tell me to stick to cookies. :D

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Mavyn wrote:Depends on what else is going on! For turkey and chicken, I like mayo. Ham is good with mustard. I don't eat much roast beef. BLT's are good with either mayo or miracle whip, but I really do prefer mayo.

Maybe you can tell me why nobody in Colorado can make decent corned beef then?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Mavyn

Gatzby wrote:Maybe you can tell me why nobody in Colorado can make decent corned beef then?

Because corned beef is icky?

Ummm...

Spicy Pickle, maybe? The one in Fort Collins is fabulous, my sister speaks well of one in the Denver area, though I'm not sure which one. I've not had the corned beef (ick factor of about 7), but they make some good sandwiches and I've never been disappointed.

Gatzby

Mavyn wrote:Because corned beef is icky?

Ummm...

Spicy Pickle, maybe? The one in Fort Collins is fabulous, my sister speaks well of one in the Denver area, though I'm not sure which one. I've not had the corned beef (ick factor of about 7), but they make some good sandwiches and I've never been disappointed.

Nope, the only place that makes adequate pastrami/corned beef is Deli Zone, which is sad. I prefer the Smiling Moose to the Pickle. Tried a few times and really have no desire to go back. 'Course, I'd just as soon go to Illegal Pete's either way.

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nothing. I need to go to the store.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

huh...I wonder if the Pickle has gone downhill--it was more than 10 years ago that I was last there and I know they've changed as they expanded. That gets lemon juice in the eye!

I think you can order corned beef from Zingermans...if you're desperate!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Nothing. I need to go to the store.

And what will you buy while you are there?

Foe the record, Gatzby, you still have not answered the question.

Gatzby

KtCallista wrote:And what will you buy while you are there?

Foe the record, Gatzby, you still have not answered the question.

Burritos aren't sandwiches!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Almost always mayo for me. I hate mustard. I wouldn't use butter or Miracle Whip. I have used bbq sauce on roast beef before. On SubWay sandwiches, sometimes I get Ranch instead of mayo.

I live in the southeast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mayo/Miracle Whip - ham, roast beef (sometimes)

Mustard: Ham, bacon sandwiches

Ketchup: Meatloaf sandwich

Ranch/Italian: various subs

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

On ham sandwiches, either hot or cold - butter on one side, mustard on the other. Occasionally mayonnaise.

Turkey - Miracle Whip - mounds of it.

Roast Beef - mustard.

Cold meat loaf - again, mounds of Miracle Whip.

Hot dogs - mustard and ketchup.

Hamburgers - if there's good tomato available, Miracle Whip. Otherwise, mustard and ketchup.

Edit: Butter also goes on cucumber and radish sandwiches. Mayonnaise on fresh chive sandwiches.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

mostly mayo and/or mustard. ketchup on fried egg sammiches, but i guess nobody here's interested in fried egg sammiches.

AZGman

no1 wrote:mostly mayo and/or mustard. ketchup on fried egg sammiches, but i guess nobody here's interested in fried egg sammiches.

Unless they have activated charcoal seat cushions.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:mostly mayo and/or mustard. ketchup on fried egg sammiches, but i guess nobody here's interested in fried egg sammiches.

I eat them all the time, but I fry them over easy and break the yolk on the bread/toast. Sometimes a very light coating of Miracle Whip.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

Might I suggest chili chutney instead of ketchup?

Wow, it has been a while since I've had a triple fried egg chili chutney sandwich.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I eat them all the time, but I fry them over easy and break the yolk on the bread/toast. Sometimes a very light coating of Miracle Whip.

perfect!!!!

LittleMissRachel

I prefer my egg sammies "dry". The egg provides plenty of moisture if it's cooked right.

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Mayo on tuna fish, egg salad, chicken salad and turkey.

Mustard on all other sandwiches except a corned beef reuben...I have that the traditional way.

Live in PA.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I prefer salad dressing (mayo if miricle whip not available) on fowl. Bread lightly buttered on all meat or poultry. I don't like any other condiments.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hmmm.... I mostly use Miracle Whip

turkey or chicken - Miracle Whip, sometimes Miracle whip AND spicy mustard, affectionately known as Grey Poopie

Ham - Miracle whip, sometimes yellow or spicy mustard

Roast beef - lots of Miracle whip

Tuna or chicken salad - usually, again, miracle whip.

I do occasionally use mayo, but I prefer Miracle whip

Hot Dogs - Mustard & sweet pickle relish

I never put ketchup on a sandwich. I don't ask for it on burgers, but won't scrape it off. I prefer mayo or miracle whip on those too.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I am...mayo, cheese, and salt on mine.
I slap the cheese on quick so it melts a little. :9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

LittleMissRachel

SailorButterfly wrote:I am...mayo, cheese, and salt on mine.
I slap the cheese on quick so it melts a little. :9

Mmmm, cheese is fantastic on a fried egg sammie. <3

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

1. Get urself out ur fryin' pan.
2. Dump some oil in thar.
3. Heat that sucker up 'til the oil's all sizzle-like.
4. Turn heat to more mediumer.
5. Put some thinner sliced unyuns in the pan and let 'em get kinda see-through
6. Lay some real thin-sliced ribeye in thar with the unyun and let the cow get kinda brownish for a couple of minutes.
7. Open up ur jar of Cheez Whiz. Get it warm in one of those new-fangled microwaves these drug-addled kids today are always talking about.
8. Scoop ur meat & onion orgy onto ur hoagie roll.
9. Dump ur warmed-up Cheez Whiz on the meat bits.
10. Consider it your patriotic duty to eat the entire thing.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Thread hijacking!!! New SURVEY!

If I was stranded somewhere and needed money to get home, your level of friendship with me would let you...
A. Pray to god that wherever I am stuck I can't access the web.
B. Send me $0.10
C. Send me $1.00
D. Send me $10.00
E. Friend? Hahahaha!
F. Put me on ignore

Still single, can't imagine why.

Mavyn

FenStar wrote:Thread hijacking!!! New SURVEY!

If I was stranded somewhere and needed money to get home, your level of friendship with me would let you...
B. Send me $0.10
C. Send me $1.00
D. Send me $10.00
E. Friend? Hahahaha!
F. Put me on ignore

Bold and italicized above, but that's contigent on you being able to answer a trivia question correctly.

lplady

FenStar wrote:Thread hijacking!!! New SURVEY!

B. Send me $0.10
C. Send me $1.00
D. Send me $10.00
E. Friend? Hahahaha!
F. Put me on ignore

G. contact your parents, see if they want you to get back home and will send you the money

lplady

Mavyn wrote:Bold and italicized above, but that's contigent on you being able to answer a trivia question correctly.

Along with the $10 you'd send him a meal too or at least cookies, wouldn't you? He has to survive on something while he's collecting money for his trip back home.

FenStar

lplady wrote:Along with the $10 you'd send him a meal too or at least cookies, wouldn't you? He has to survive on something while he's collecting money for his trip back home.

I'm very picky about what I eat though. I demand home made cookies. Oh, and you better wash your hands before you make them! :P

FenStar

lplady wrote:G. contact your parents, see if they want you to get back home and will send you the money

Well, I'm living with my parents now, so I don't think they would want me back. I think they are trying to get rid of me.

Mavyn

FenStar wrote:I'm very picky about what I eat though. I demand home made cookies. Oh, and you better wash your hands before you make them! :P

I have people BEGGING for my home made cookies.

It would have to be a darned clever answer.

It would probably be easier to just move you in and keep you as a pet.

lplady

Mavyn wrote:I have people BEGGING for my home made cookies.

It would have to be a darned clever answer.

It would probably be easier to just move you in and keep you as a pet.

You won't be living far from me soon. Occasionally I'll come walk him to give you a break.

Mavyn

Ohhh...Sadly, plans have changed. I'll still be moving, eventually, but the destination is currently unknown. :/

lplady

Mavyn wrote:Ohhh...Sadly, plans have changed. I'll still be moving, eventually, but the destination is currently unknown. :/

Oh sorry. Do you have to ship your fish back to where you are now or can you wait till you get to your new location?

Mavyn

lplady wrote:Oh sorry. Do you have to ship your fish back to where you are now or can you wait till you get to your new location?

He's going to stay there for now. I don't have the space for him currently. If I do at my new, as yet to be decided place, I'll get him back.

lplady

Mavyn wrote:He's going to stay there for now. I don't have the space for him currently. If I do at my new, as yet to be decided place, I'll get him back.

That's good. Hope things work out and you get to a place where you'll really enjoy living.