cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
lplady wrote:I know you're relatively new, but guess you must not have received the top ten list of things we don't do on PWA.

We never tell Cruzer he is right...number 3 on the list. Number 2 is smacking Cruzer for thinking he is right. Keeping him in line for GEG.

Morning all.

This is true for just about every woman I know. Not a single one of them will admit that they were wrong and none of them will tell a man that they are right either.

And some of them will get upset when they find out they were wrong and you were right.

//end rant

//smack daj for being one of those women.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
cruzer wrote:who looks at anything before 4 AM?

those of us who are awake?

Though I admit I was not thrilled about it yesterday morning.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cruzer

Mavyn wrote:those of us who are awake?

Though I admit I was not thrilled about it yesterday morning.

I didn't even know there was a 5AM mass. I didn't even know there was a 5AM! WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME?!?!?!?

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
cruzer wrote:This is true for just about every woman I know. Not a single one of them will admit that they were wrong and none of them will tell a man that they are right either.

And some of them will get upset when they find out they were wrong and you were right.

//end rant

Glad you said "just about every woman you know" because you almost got smacked...again. I admit when I'm wrong and so does he, most of the time.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Mavyn wrote:Oh! And, update from yesterday, the water issue was resolved. The handle now rotates a full 180 degrees, and temperature goes from icy to scalding. Yay!!!

Woohoo, a steamy shower to look forward to each day.

Is your fish being shipped back to you or are you leaving it on vacation in PA for a while?

Too many things going on yesterday and today. Think I've only seen four products since yesterday morning. Hope it's just old stuff and not new items. I don't want to look back in case I missed leak frogs. Have been waiting so long for them to appear on woot again.

cruzer

lplady wrote:Glad you said "just about every woman you know" because you almost got smacked...again. I admit when I'm wrong and so does he, most of the time.

Sometimes it can be a struggle. Sometimes the other person doesn't make it easy to admit being wrong.

being stubborn doesn't help matters though.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:Who gets snow in late April?

Then again, we don't get snow here hardly at all!

Apparently the rain last night turned to snow at some point.

Last year it snowed in June.

In '86 it snowed enough on the fourth of July for snowball fights.

I don't mind being wrong, especially when it is something I was leaning towards pessimist about. I'd love it if Orc got to keep his job! The statistics just aren't in his favor.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

lplady wrote:Woohoo, a steamy shower to look forward to each day.

Is your fish being shipped back to you or are you leaving it on vacation in PA for a while?

fish is...in limbo. Staying there for now, but not happily, and I am not sure my lease on my new place will allow me to get a tank (2nd story apartment, they tend to fuss about tanks). :/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:This is true for just about every woman I know. Not a single one of them will admit that they were wrong and none of them will tell a man that they are right either.

//end rant

I'll admit when I'm wrong. You just don't like it when my opinion is different than yours.

//smack cruzer

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Mavyn wrote:fish is...in limbo. Staying there for now, but not happily, and I am not sure my lease on my new place will allow me to get a tank (2nd story apartment, they tend to fuss about tanks). :/

What don't they fuss about in California????

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:What don't they fuss about in California????

+1

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

AZGman wrote:What don't they fuss about in California????

This is just the apartment complex, not the fish specifically. He's fine being in state, was here previously...just didn't expect he wouldn't be able to stay in PA when I looked at a place to lease.

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:This is just the apartment complex, not the fish specifically. He's fine being in state, was here previously...just didn't expect he wouldn't be able to stay in PA when I looked at a place to lease.

I'm talking about the tank. And the stereotypical mindset that tends to prohibit anything based on a possibility of an accident.

edit: good thing ya didn't get a waterbed!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:I'm talking about the tank. And the stereotypical mindset that tends to prohibit anything based on a possibility of an accident.

I had a fish tank in my 2nd floor apartment, but it was just a small one.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Okay, having company in a couple of weeks. Making chicken tetrazzini. The logical accompaniments would be a salad and hot rolls. But seems so blah. Any suggestions?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Okay, having company in a couple of weeks. Making chicken tetrazzini. The logical accompaniments would be a salad and hot rolls. But seems so blah. Any suggestions?

Steamed broccoli florets with sliced red and yellow bell peppers sprinkled with garlic and freshly grated Romano?

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Okay, having company in a couple of weeks. Making chicken tetrazzini. The logical accompaniments would be a salad and hot rolls. But seems so blah. Any suggestions?

Chicken tetrazzini!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:I suppose...

Then again you're probably just as lucky to be born on any other day too.

Except Christmas. That's pretty unlucky.

Yeah, we were going to give up trying for a kid in a week or two with daughter. Didn't want a kid born too close to Christmas, so no Dec or Jan birthdays.
Daughter made it just under the gun! 2nd week of Nov.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

AZGman wrote:I'm talking about the tank. And the stereotypical mindset that tends to prohibit anything based on a possibility of an accident.

They asked during the application process. Ditto for the fish tanks. The problem isn't a single FW tank, it's the additional 'things' needed to maintain a SW tank, including buckets to mix the SW in...and with this fish, I need 2 tanks, because he's a predator, and his food can't live in with him.

*shrugs* Had I known, I would have planned differently.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:He's doing very well! Thanks for asking!

That is all we get?

What year is he in?

Did he get any internship for the summer?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Oh! And, update from yesterday, the water issue was resolved. The handle now rotates a full 180 degrees, and temperature goes from icy to scalding. Yay!!!

Lets hear it for hot showers!
At least in cool weather.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:They asked during the application process. Ditto for the fish tanks. The problem isn't a single FW tank, it's the additional 'things' needed to maintain a SW tank, including buckets to mix the SW in...and with this fish, I need 2 tanks, because he's a predator, and his food can't live in with him.

Oh!! Saltwater. Half the facts = a half-assed opinion!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:That is all we get?

What year is he in?

Did he get any internship for the summer?

He's a junior; no.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:They asked during the application process. Ditto for the fish tanks. The problem isn't a single FW tank, it's the additional 'things' needed to maintain a SW tank, including buckets to mix the SW in...and with this fish, I need 2 tanks, because he's a predator, and his food can't live in with him.

Salt water fish....pretty but looks like hard to keep.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

cruzer wrote:Chicken tetrazzini!

LOL - the friend must cook some mean tetrazzini!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:He's a junior; no.

So he will have to actually work for money. Poor kid!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Salt water fish....pretty but looks like hard to keep.

Mom had a 7 foot SW tank. Never will I have one. Too hard to maintain.

cruzer

kdccrosby wrote:LOL - the friend must cook some mean tetrazzini!

I'll never be able to make that dish because of that clip.

Mavyn

Not any harder than a planted FW setup...just requires a bit more bits and bobs. Though I filter water for either--the tap water here is icky.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:So he will have to actually work for money. Poor kid!

Like he did last summer and will this summer. He already has a job - at the school.

Overseeing HS students participating in the college's "Rising Star" program.

He gets min wage plus room and board and access to all the school's 'puter labs for his summer projects. He'll be home first for a week or two - head back for the job, then be back home for August.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Like he did last summer and will this summer. He already has a job - at the school.

He gets min wage plus room and board and access to all the school's 'puter labs for his summer projects. He'll be home first for a week or two - head back for the job, then be back home for August.

Sounds like a great job, actually! better than my bakery/deli gig all through college.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Like he did last summer and will this summer. He already has a job - at the school.

Their's goes all summer? That's great!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

but mabe good eatin'!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Their's goes all summer? That's great!

No; just mid-June through August because of different stop/start times of high schools throughout the country.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Steamed broccoli florets with sliced red and yellow bell peppers sprinkled with garlic and freshly grated Romano?

Mmmmm, that sounds good.
//making notes//

sprinkled with garlic - that means fresh garlic, right? I've never done fresh.

Steam the peppers with the broccoli?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:No; just mid-June through August because of different stop/start times of high schools throughout the country.

Ours only go for two weeks and each group hires their own councilors.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Mmmmm, that sounds good.
//making notes//

sprinkled with garlic - that means fresh garlic, right? I've never done fresh.

Steam the peppers with the broccoli?

You can steam them together - but only long enough that they are warm but not too soft.

But might be better to saute them with minced garlic in a tablespoon or two of olive oil.Then toss all together and let folks add the grated Romano to taste.

AZGman

Sauteing the peppers will also keep the colors more bright - the oils will make them glisten.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:You can steam them together - but only long enough that they are warm but not too soft.

But might be better to saute them with minced garlic in a tablespoon or two of olive oil.Then toss all together and let folks add the grated Romano to taste.

That's better.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:That's better.

//damn//
just remembered, husband doesn't like broccoli.
Hmmmmm.

Well, have to have corn because that's the only vegetable another guy will eat. //just weird//