KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Mah bellay is filled with turkah.

Ah'm so full....

Yum, jealous

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This is freaking awesome!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:This is freaking awesome!

Interesting

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:This is freaking awesome!

Yes.
And now I want a candy bar. Any candy bar.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yes.

Three Musketeers are my fav.

The 3 Musketeers candy bar was invented in 1932 in the United States by M&M/MARS. It was the third candy bar produced by the company. It was originally packaged as three, individual mini bars of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry nougat; hence the name, 3 Musketeers.

The 3 Musketeers candy bar is made of two important things: chocolate and nougat. Nougat is made of egg whites that are whipped until light and frothy, with sugared syrup added to it to control the foam, creating what is called a frappé. As other flavoring ingredients are added to the frappé the nougat is born. It is then shaped and dipped in milk chocolate.

The 3 Musketeers became a single candy bar with a creamy chocolate nougat, which was the most popular flavor, when World War II made its way to the forefront and money became tight. Strawberry and vanilla had to take a backseat, since the U.S. government ordered rationing of all sugars in spring 1942. It was too expensive to produce all three flavors.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

me too....

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:me too....

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Just like last night I HAD to have cinnamon toast.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Just like last night I HAD to have cinnamon toast.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:

Ha-ha, I'm eating a candy bar.

kdccrosby

me too....

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Just like last night I HAD to have cinnamon toast.

I still don't have any bread.

I'm going to have to go to the grocery star tomorrow.

KtCallista

Me three.

Great the only eggs I have are ones from my friend's chickens and they are small. I need 6 large yolks and since the eggs haven't been cleaned I'm nor sure about separating them using the shells. . . plus I've only got 8 small ones. Guess I'm going to the store.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

good evening all.

We got another gift today but since the couple's wedding shower is on Saturday, we are going to wait to open it until then.

//smack daj

I don't think that I'll get to "live blog" the shower but I'll be sure to blog it at least.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Me three.

Great the only eggs I have are ones from my friend's chickens and they are small. I need 6 large yolks and since the eggs haven't been cleaned I'm nor sure about separating them using the shells. . . plus I've only got 8 small ones. Guess I'm going to the store.

I went to the store today and forgot eggs. It was on my list. Forgot to look at my list. I have one. We might have to arm wrestle for it tomorrow morning.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I went to the store today and forgot eggs. It was on my list. Forgot to look at my list. I have one. We might have to arm wrestle for it tomorrow morning.

I say whomever gets up first has to go. That's hubby, right?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I say whomever gets up first has to go. That's hubby, right?

I'll tell him that.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:I'll tell him that.

GEG would be SOL even if she did say that to me.

pooflady

Okay, I need some help. My math skills are pitiful. We have a 20x20 deck. Trex (composite decking) is around $25 per square foot (installed). What would just the decking cost?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:Yum, jealous

Still awake. Surprising.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Okay, I need some help. My math skills are pitiful. We have a 20x20 deck. Trex (composite decking) is around $25 per square foot (installed). What would just the decking cost?

20x20 = 400 sq. ft.

400 sq ft x $25/sq ft = $10,000.

i think.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Okay, I need some help. My math skills are pitiful. We have a 20x20 deck. Trex (composite decking) is around $25 per square foot (installed). What would just the decking cost?

Snarky answer: More than I have.

True answer: 20x20 = 400 sq feet * 25 = 10000 bucks.

cruzer

20*20 = 400sqft

400*25 = 10,000

That crap is waaaay more expensive than it needs to be.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:20x20 = 400 sq. ft.

400 sq ft x $25/sq ft = $10,000.

i think.

That's what I got as well.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:20*20 = 400sqft

400*25 = 10,000

That crap is waaaay more expensive than it needs to be.

Especially since the trex itself probably costs around $1200 for that size deck.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Snarky answer: More than I have.

i considered answering "your immortal soul"

KtCallista

Hmm, if I had the free hands, I'd build the deck for you for that. . . .I wonder if my Dad would lend me the tools.

SkekTek

Watching musical Fringe. Some shows can pull of musical episodes (basically, any Joss Whedon show), but here, it's just weird.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Watching musical Fringe. Some shows can pull of musical episodes (basically, any Joss Whedon show), but here, it's just weird.

Castle might-could pull it off.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:That's what I got as well.

Yeah, that's what I came up with. Hard to believe. And that's not railings or anything. And from what I've heard and read, lots and lots of problems with it, especially mildew.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Castle might-could pull it off.

Yeah. Helps to have an actor who's been in a Joss-led musical show like Nathan.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Yeah, that's what I came up with. Hard to believe. And that's not railings or anything. And from what I've heard and read, lots and lots of problems with it, especially mildew.

I've never heard of mildew issues, but it's drier here.

My parents have a Trex deck, and my Dad used leftovers for the floor of the playhouse and the shutters. We used it for bridges at the nature center too.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Yeah, that's what I came up with. Hard to believe. And that's not railings or anything. And from what I've heard and read, lots and lots of problems with it, especially mildew.

I haven't heard the mildew issues either. You have to think about the understructure too. It needs more structure because it is more flexable than wood. Also nails are not reccomended for fastening so special screws or clips.
On the other hand very little maintenance once installed. No rot etc.
When I build one over my patio it will be Trex or a similar product.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I haven't heard the mildew issues either. You have to think about the understructure too. It needs more structure because it is more flexable than wood. Also nails are not reccomended for fastening so special screws or clips.
On the other hand very little maintenance once installed. No rot etc.
When I build one over my patio it will be Trex or a similar product.

I'd do a lot of reading first. We talked to a friend who does decks, and he said no way. He's done some and he said most people aren't happy. Again, the mildew issue.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:I'd do a lot of reading first. We talked to a friend who does decks, and he said no way. He's done some and he said most people aren't happy. Again, the mildew issue.

Edit: There's some vinyl products that might work better.

SkekTek

Re- decks:

I'd perhaps ask Josephus- he knows a lot about woodworking so might have an excellent suggestion. But my suggestion would be red cedar or redwood

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Re- decks:

I'd perhaps ask Josephus- he knows a lot about woodworking so might have an excellent suggestion. But my suggestion would be red cedar or redwood

cedar is the less expensive option here. Trex is harder to cut and drill, it does eat your bits.

Iceback

I am now reading there are mold issues.
"Trexä has settled it’s class action law suit, and it appears that they still have mold issues. Numerous people have called prior to signing a confidentiality agreement with Trexä agreeing not to talk about it... "

Iceback

Good article

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night. I didn't read back, I'll check tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.