KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I think husband's going to secretly hate this car. He still is of the school not to get power windows or locks "because it's just one more thing to go wrong." And this one has power sliding doors, a power hatchback and remote start.

I tend to side with your husband, but I do enjoy the power sliding door.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:I tend to side with your husband, but I do enjoy the power sliding door.

I think those power doors on minivans are cool. A couple of ladies at work have them, but occasionally I forget about them and it freaks me out. Or, if I get in and am sitting by the door, I'm scared they are going to forget to shut it and drive off!

Just got done watching the memorial for Captain Phil Harris from the Deadliest Catch.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I tend to side with your husband, but I do enjoy the power sliding door.

Current van is 10 years old with 104,000 miles. No problem with the locks or the windows.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Current van is 10 years old with 104,000 miles. No problem with the locks or the windows.

I'd get a power option to lift my a$$ in & out of the car if I could. LOVE power options.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I think those power doors on minivans are cool. A couple of ladies at work have them, but occasionally I forget about them and it freaks me out. Or, if I get in and am sitting by the door, I'm scared they are going to forget to shut it and drive off!

Just got done watching the memorial for Captain Phil Harris from the Deadliest Catch.

My van has an alarm that goes off if you put the car in drive or try to lock it wit the sliding door not completely shut.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:My van has an alarm that goes off if you put the car in drive or try to lock it wit the sliding door not completely shut.

One girl has a Honda minivan that has a back-up camera. It's pretty cool.

I'm sure hers has the same alarm. Still freaks me out though.

kdccrosby

So.... I bought the ereader on woot today.

It can't replace an actual book. But I discovered the Sony allows you to check out ebooks from the library. And my public library has a lot of ebooks available for download. So I'm gonna give it a try.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sigh.

Gave son his new laptop yesterday (I'm taking his 1-yr old one). Told him that he should do the setup himself and not let Dad do it for him. Ask Dad for assistance but he doesn't learn anything if he doesn't do it.

Son just copied the entire C: drive from his Vista laptop to his new Win7 laptop. Sigh. Can you say restore?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Sigh.

Gave son his new laptop yesterday (I'm taking his 1-yr old one). Told him that he should do the setup himself and not let Dad do it for him. Ask Dad for assistance but he doesn't learn anything if he doesn't do it.

Son just copied the entire C: drive from his Vista laptop to his new Win7 laptop. Sigh. Can you say restore?

er.... that's not good.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Have driven and/or sat in six crossovers and felt far more comfortable in the minivan. I did sit in my s-i-l's Nissan Quest (almost forgot about that) and didn't care for it.

millions would agree with you

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

Huh..just read that they shot a black bear close to where I lived in Canada. I hadn't seen or even heard of bear closer than 150 miles from there, at least not since the early 1900's.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:So.... I bought the ereader on woot today.

It can't replace an actual book. But I discovered the Sony allows you to check out ebooks from the library. And my public library has a lot of ebooks available for download. So I'm gonna give it a try.

Let me know how you like it.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:millions would agree with you

But I just read one review that said the Caravan was the worst of the minivans. *sigh* I'm sure they consider the Odyssey and Sienna better, but they're thousands of dollars more. I wonder what the Mazda minivan is like.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:er.... that's not good.

They are on the way to an image recovery. Like I told son, when you do a big blunder like this, you learn something that you'l NEVER NEVER do again. His dad & I both explained why it didn't work and now he's learned something that he wouldn't have if Dad had done it for him. Better with one of us in the next room instead of 1000 miles away. heh.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

pooflady wrote:But I just read one review that said the Caravan was the worst of the minivans. *sigh* I'm sure they consider the Odyssey and Sienna better, but they're thousands of dollars more. I wonder what the Mazda minivan is like.

It's always going to be a trade off between your ideal and what you can afford or at least what you're willing to spend.You just need to make as an informed decision as you can and go for it.
It sounded like you want to "break out of the box" for the sake of ecconomy, but really the mid sized crossovers aren't much better mileage than a minivan. So to my way of thinking why not go with what you are most comfortable with unless you also are looking a change in style.

edit// ok I just re-read what I wrote and see I just stated the obvious.
I apologize.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:It's always going to be a trade off between your ideal and what you can afford or at least what you're willing to spend.You just need to make as an informed decision as you can and go for it.
It sounded like you want to "break out of the box" for the sake of ecconomy, but really the mid sized crossovers aren't much better mileage than a minivan. So to my way of thinking why not go with what you are most comfortable with unless you also are looking a change in style.

edit// ok I just re-read what I wrote and see I just stated the obvious.
I apologize.

Yeah, I think it's obvious I want a minivan. Now, which one? There aren't that many, but a big difference in pricing. A not-so-well-built one with all the bells and whistles I'd like to have or a better-built one without a lot?

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I think it's obvious I want a minivan. Now, which one? There aren't that many, but a big difference in pricing. A not-so-well-built one with all the bells and whistles I'd like to have or a better-built one without a lot?

The fact that the one you have now has lasted so long is a testament to it's durability

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Bored. Might go to sleep.

Night all!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Bored. Might go to sleep.

Night all!

'night D'name

Iceback

I'm heading to bed too.
Busy day if it doesn't rain tomorrow.
'nite all

pooflady

Night d'name and Ice.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Let me know how you like it.

will do.

I KNOW it will never replace the feel of a book. But... I can't ever seem to make it to the library. This will encourage me to check out books rather than spending $$

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:But I just read one review that said the Caravan was the worst of the minivans. *sigh* I'm sure they consider the Odyssey and Sienna better, but they're thousands of dollars more. I wonder what the Mazda minivan is like.

I have had 2 Chrystler minivans. Both basic models. We take good care of our cars, keep up with maintainence and repairs as needed. Both of these vans developed serious engine problems right after they passed 100k. The 1st one had been paid off only for a month and the repair estimate was over 4k. No thank you! 2nd van still had 6 months of payments left when it crapped out. Both of these vans were bought new. Our 3rd (and current)van is a 99 Toyota Sienna XLE we bought used with 45k miles and paid a little more than we did for the new Chrystlers. We currently have around 245k miles on this van and have been very pleased with it. You may want to consider a van that is 1 or 2 model years old and still has full warranty coverage.

pooflady

zea3 wrote:I have had 2 Chrystler minivans. Both basic models. We take good care of our cars, keep up with maintainence and repairs as needed. Both of these vans developed serious engine problems right after they passed 100k. The 1st one had been paid off only for a month and the repair estimate was over 4k. No thank you! 2nd van still had 6 months of payments left when it crapped out. Both of these vans were bought new. Our 3rd (and current)van is a 99 Toyota Sienna XLE we bought used with 45k miles and paid a little more than we did for the new Chrystlers. We currently have around 245k miles on this van and have been very pleased with it. You may want to consider a van that is 1 or 2 model years old and still has full warranty coverage.

Good idea. Thanks for the idea and the reasoning behind it.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Good idea. Thanks for the idea and the reasoning behind it.

Now that Zea mentions it, I believe my co-worker bought her Sienna used also. I'll ask her Monday....

going to bed. g'night!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

I know everyone is in bed, but I'm in the middle of frosting a pink castle cake see:

I bought my Sienna last year used with 45K on it. We've been pretty happy with it. When I was buying, all these van owners on woot stepped up and said how they loved their Siennas. I guess their supposed to be dangerous now (the spare may fall off or something), but . . .

Well back to frosting. . . .

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I know everyone is in bed, but I'm in the middle of frosting a pink castle cake see:

it needs a moat!

KtCallista

no1 wrote:it needs a moat!

LOL

I thought about it. I'm pooped. It's done.

Sorry the image is big and the photo quality degraded, photobucket is being a pain tonight, I probably won't fix it though.

Iceback

^Great cake!^

Good morning all

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Good morning. Slow, steady spring rain. We're supposed to get three or four inches of it this weekend.

AZGman

Front yard mowed. Savin' the rest for tomorrow.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Front yard mowed. Savin' the rest for tomorrow.

Good idea.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Good idea.

Poof, have you given any thought to Subaru's?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Poof, have you given any thought to Subaru's?

Considered the Forester, but everything I've read about it talks about how noisy it is. Can't afford the Tribeca.

kdccrosby

Great Cake KTC!

Morning everybocy

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Poof, have you given any thought to Subaru's?

We never owned one, but hubby likes them. It seems once you do own one, you love it.

I wonder if the seats are comfortable?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Good afternoon all. Looks like everyone is busy today.

I'm just sitting around waiting for geg to buy shoes.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:Good afternoon all. Looks like everyone is busy today.

I'm just sitting around waiting for geg to buy shoes.

"Yes, dear."