KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

Congrats IRC!!! I was told by a friend when I started learning perl that I should learn python. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

Evening all. I hate this reading along, but not being able to type bit.

Beware the V'owls screech!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Congrats IRC!!! I was told by a friend when I started learning perl that I should learn python. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

I haven't back read - why can't you type?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:It would have to be something odd to make the helicopter go up.

Perhaps they are looking for you then?

Still single, can't imagine why.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I haven't back read - why can't you type?

Nursing takes at least one hand and my new laptop is too big to move around us, as the baby is getting bigger as well, but I can still use the mouse.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Perhaps they are looking for you then?

No. TT

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Huh?
Would Adaware do anything? Malaware and Spybot didn't help.

Ehh, I'll try to remember to help you out tomorrow, I'm to sleepy to do anything tonight. :/

FenStar

KtCallista wrote:Nursing takes at least one hand and my new laptop is too big to move around us, as the baby is getting bigger as well, but I can still use the mouse.

One handed typing?

FenStar

nite all

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:Nursing takes at least one hand and my new laptop is too big to move around us, as the baby is getting bigger as well, but I can still use the mouse.

Aahh... makes sense.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

Poof - you waiting up for Jeopardy?

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Still up and wide awake tonight... pulling the all nighter seems to have been a pointless try. Haven't even had any caffeine in the last 14 hours.

Last Post

kdccrosby

tennisplayer121 wrote:Still up and wide awake tonight... pulling the all nighter seems to have been a pointless try. Haven't even had any caffeine in the last 14 hours.

ruh roh. Sorry Tennis. I usually crash if i stay up all night, or don't get more than a couple of hours of sleep.

Any idea what's keeping you up? Stress?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Poof - you waiting up for Jeopardy?

Yeah, I guess. I tried to tape it, but I have a hunch I'm going to get Oprah because that's what's on at that time.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Was going to get the one-year subscription to Rachael Ray's magazine off Deals for 2.99, but you have to open an account on Tanga, whatever that is. Guess not.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I guess. I tried to tape it, but I have a hunch I'm going to get Oprah because that's what's on at that time.

hope it works. bummer.

found out there was an earthquake where my step-mom lives in Costa Rica, about 8 miles off the coast.

She's fine and doesn't have any property damage. House she lives in is 20 years old and according to her "sways really well".

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Was going to get the one-year subscription to Rachael Ray's magazine off Deals for 2.99, but you have to open an account on Tanga, whatever that is. Guess not.

I ordered a game from them once I think. Going to check......

Edit: Yep. I've ordered from them before. I don't particularly like their site because it is too busy or something for me. But I didn't have any problems with my order, came on time, and they don't spam me.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:hope it works. bummer.

found out there was an earthquake where my step-mom lives in Costa Rica, about 8 miles off the coast.

She's fine and doesn't have any property damage. House she lives in is 20 years old and according to her "sways really well".

Oh, yeah, that's great.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Was going to get the one-year subscription to Rachael Ray's magazine off Deals for 2.99, but you have to open an account on Tanga, whatever that is. Guess not.

Tanga is cool, I've ordered from them before.

kdccrosby

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Tanga is cool, I've ordered from them before.

2.99's pretty good for 10 magazines.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:video from grocery store mom shops in

That's scary.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:That's scary.

Yep. mom said she was upstairs when it hit, and it was over before she could get downstairs.

CR actually has a lot of tremors, etc. They have a live volcano too. But not normally in her area that are felt very much.

The last tremor she told me about hit when they were at their neighborhood bar. She was on the potty at the time.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:2.99's pretty good for 10 magazines.

very good price. Might look at that myself.

heading to bed. night all!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:very good price. Might look at that myself.

heading to bed. night all!

Night Kid.

tennisplayer121

kdccrosby wrote:ruh roh. Sorry Tennis. I usually crash if i stay up all night, or don't get more than a couple of hours of sleep.

Any idea what's keeping you up? Stress?

I haven't had a great sleeping schedule for the last few years, but ever since the grad school stuff started going on, my sleep schedule went from bad to really terrible.

Last Post

pooflady

tennisplayer121 wrote:I haven't had a great sleeping schedule for the last few years, but ever since the grad school stuff started going on, my sleep schedule went from bad to really terrible.

You don't feel at all sleepy now?

tennisplayer121

2.99 for 10 magazines...? I'd think that's considerably less than what it would even cost to mail the magazines.

Last Post

pooflady

tennisplayer121 wrote:2.99 for 10 magazines...? I'd think that's considerably less than what it would even cost to mail the magazines.

Unless I'm misreading.
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/6c4fa2ec-f576-48e7-bcae-4456d4b2d140/everyday-with-rachael-ray-magazine-subscription#2

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
KtCallista wrote:Congrats IRC!!! I was told by a friend when I started learning perl that I should learn python. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

I've programmed in Perl. I hate it. It's a string processing language. Trying to make it do just about anything else is a lesson in frustration. Sure, it can do Object Orientation, but the language was designed for string processing, so everything else is second class...

As far as Python, don't try it unless you have a decent grasp of Object Oriented programming. If you do, it's an awesome language (so far at least)...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

KtCallista

ircmaxell wrote:I've programmed in Perl. I hate it. It's a string processing language. Trying to make it do just about anything else is a lesson in frustration. Sure, it can do Object Orientation, but the language was designed for string processing, so everything else is second class...

As far as Python, don't try it unless you have a decent grasp of Object Oriented programming. If you do, it's an awesome language (so far at least)...

I'm not sure I have a decent grasp on anything most days, but I have done OO programming.

Goodnight all, I'm too tired to function much.

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
KtCallista wrote:I'm not sure I have a decent grasp on anything most days, but I have done OO programming.

Well, Python takes the whole "everything is an object" idea to the extreme. Statements like ";".join(list) are perfectly valid (That's calling the join method on the ";" string object)...

On a side note, it appears I've found a problem I need to work around. I can only open 1020 socket connections in PY (well, technically accept) at one time... That's no good. I need at least 5k or 10k... I'll dig around in the morning...

good night...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:Unless I'm misreading.
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/6c4fa2ec-f576-48e7-bcae-4456d4b2d140/everyday-with-rachael-ray-magazine-subscription#2

Oh no, I was just trying to say that's a crazy good deal because normally just mailing 10 letters would cost more than the entire subscription is costing. I recently got 24 magazines for $13 and felt like I was getting a good deal... $2.99 for 10/$5.98 for 20 etc, seems like an even crazier deal.

Last Post

pooflady

tennisplayer121 wrote:Oh no, I was just trying to say that's a crazy good deal because normally just mailing 10 letters would cost more than the entire subscription is costing. I recently got 24 magazines for $13 and felt like I was getting a good deal... $2.99 for 10/$5.98 for 20 etc, seems like an even crazier deal.

Just think, I could get 40 for $11.96.

Edit: And I did.

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:Just think, I could get 40 for $11.96.

Edit: And I did.

Haha... congrats! That's so crazy.

Last Post

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

'night

Last Post

FenStar

I've watched Rachael Ray a few times, wasn't too bad. Then, I found out she was an spoon. She doesn't even know what a vegetarian is.

FenStar

Oh, wow, I only got 7 hours of sleep, going back to bed.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.