kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
FenStar wrote:I've watched Rachael Ray a few times, wasn't too bad. Then, I found out she was an spoon. She doesn't even know what a vegetarian is.

She has some good recipes though.

morning everybody

kdccrosby

I'd hate to be driving across this bridge

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning all!

I was invited to Chuck E Cheese's for a party next month. :D Is AWESOME. 4 yo is planning a party for her dad for his birthday.

Time to play with boxes.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Morning all!

I was invited to Chuck E Cheese's for a party next month. :D Is AWESOME. 4 yo is planning a party for her dad for his birthday.

Time to play with boxes.

LOL. I gave my mom a "Gift Certificate" for "a McDonalds" once for her birthday. Nevermind she didn't like McDonald's, and she had to pay for both of our meals. I was proud of myself though.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Oh, wow, I only got 7 hours of sleep, going back to bed.

LOL, fool

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Went to bed late, got up late, feel fine.

Good morning everybody. We got over 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Went to bed late, got up late, feel fine.

Good morning everybody. We got over 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday.

Good job!

Hand hurts a little bit today.

I wonder how I can get it swell up before my annual.

I even did lawn work and it was ok.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
FenStar wrote:I've watched Rachael Ray a few times, wasn't too bad. Then, I found out she was an spoon. She doesn't even know what a vegetarian is.

Everyone knows what a vegitarian is. A vegitarian is what us carnivores will eat after we run out of cows.

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Iceback wrote:Everyone knows what a vegitarian is. A vegitarian is what us carnivores will eat after we run out of cows.

Native American word meaning 'lousy hunter'

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Mavyn wrote:Native American word meaning 'lousy hunter'

That is why God invented cattle. To process vegtables for us.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I'm not fond of Rachel Ray either, but I imagine at this point in her career things like her magazine are managed by a competent team of researchers and writers.

Crazy bridge kdc! Is it designed to react like that?

Too cold for garage sales, so kids are cleaning. Not sure what we'll do this afternoon.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:That is why God invented cattle. To process vegtables for us.

Ron White on Vegetarians

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I'm not fond of Rachel Ray either, but I imagine at this point in her career things like her magazine are managed by a competent team of researchers and writers.

Too cold for garage sales, so kids are cleaning. Not sure what we'll do this afternoon.

Pretty sure it wasn't. They have closed it to try and fix? It's in Russia, saw it on the news yesterday.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:Pretty sure it wasn't. They have closed it to try and fix? It's in Russia, saw it on the news yesterday.

yeah, still could be a cool tech for surviving a tsunami.

KtCallista

I think I'm gonna go clean my animal crossing town.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'm not fond of Rachel Ray either, but I imagine at this point in her career things like her magazine are managed by a competent team of researchers and writers.

I don't like watching her. It's that laugh. *shudder* But her recipes aren't bad.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I don't like watching her. It's that laugh. *shudder* But her recipes aren't bad.

Rubs me the wrong way too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:I don't like watching her. It's that laugh. *shudder* But her recipes aren't bad.

She got her start here.....the local tv station has links to her early shows she used to do on their station. And I agree on that laugh....eek!

pooflady

Okay. Neighbor just called. Would I mind blocking my wi-fi because their son is staying up half the night playing games on it. They have theirs blocked after midnight but it seems he's using mine. I have no clue how to do this.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Okay. Neighbor just called. Would I mind blocking my wi-fi because their son is staying up half the night playing games on it. They have theirs blocked after midnight but it seems he's using mine. I have no clue how to do this.

need to make it password-protected.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:need to make it password-protected.

And one does that how?

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:And one does that how?

I did mine when I installed my wi-fi. I went into the program and there was an option to set up security. Did you set up your own wi-fi or did someone do it for you?

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:I did mine when I installed my wi-fi. I went into the program and there was an option to set up security. Did you set up your own wi-fi or did someone do it for you?

Someone else.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Someone else.

well, since I ain't no expert on this, one of the 'puter folks will prolly be better able to walk ya thru it. All I know is what my system is - I installed it, there is an icon to click on and go to it, and I went from there. sorry I ain't much help

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:well, since I ain't no expert on this, one of the 'puter folks will prolly be better able to walk ya thru it. All I know is what my system is - I installed it, there is an icon to click on and go to it, and I went from there. sorry I ain't much help

Thanks for the thought. I have a call into son, he might be able to help.

KtCallista

Did it come with your internet? Some places have the setting as part of your account settings that can be set on their website. I can't do this with mine because I have my own equipment, but if that's an option for you it might be simple. Otherwise you are probably going to need the documentation for your router (or to tell Orc or TT or someone what exactly it is you have.)

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Thanks for the thought. I have a call into son, he might be able to help.

good luck

and now my headache and I are going to go dig in the dirt....just read back on a couple of my posts and hope that I haven't sent you screaming from the building with my lack of proper grammar and syntax...eek

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:Would I mind blocking my wi-fi because their son is staying up half the night playing games on it. They have theirs blocked after midnight but it seems he's using mine.

Tell them to ********************** and *** then **** and ***** and stick it ******* then **** **** ******* themselves. How the hell are you responsible for the actions of their son? Oh, look, my son is being irresponsible, I guess I'll have my neighbor take care of it.

This does explain the google thing, you really should have secured your connection. I would suggest calling the police and pressing charges on them. While, IMO if you leave your connection open you are saying that you don't mind people using it, that doesn't mean people should abuse it. And it certainly doesn't make yo responsible for the actions of others.

Still single, can't imagine why.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

I <3 being a mod on another forum and having the responsibility to clean up spam, but not the power to prevent a spammer from continuing to post. I just got to deal with 70+ posts in a ton of different sub-forums because no other mod was on to help. I think the turd finally stopped posting though. Fingers crossed.

Last Post

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Did it come with your internet? Some places have the setting as part of your account settings that can be set on their website. I can't do this with mine because I have my own equipment, but if that's an option for you it might be simple. Otherwise you are probably going to need the documentation for your router (or to tell Orc or TT or someone what exactly it is you have.)

Since son gave me the router....

FenStar

Poof, also, you can give me their phone number and I will take care of it for you. And it won't be my post after I edited myself either.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Tell them to ********************** and *** then **** and ***** and stick it ******* then **** **** ******* themselves. How the hell are you responsible for the actions of their son? Oh, look, my son is being irresponsible, I guess I'll have my neighbor take care of it.

This does explain the google thing, you really should have secured your connection. I would suggest calling the police and pressing charges on them. While, IMO if you leave your connection open you are saying that you don't mind people using it, that doesn't mean people should abuse it. And it certainly doesn't make yo responsible for the actions of others.

The thought certainly occurred to me that they should be handling this. You think this is the reason for my Google problems?

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Poof, also, you can give me their phone number and I will take care of it for you. And it won't be my post after I edited myself either.

Ah, no, I don't think so. But thanks.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:The thought certainly occurred to me that they should be handling this. You think this is the reason for my Google problems?

It could be, if your conection is open anyone could be doing anything under your IP address if they are within say, 1km* depending on the equipment they use.

*I don't know exactly the full distance, but it is quite a ways with a directional antenna.

FenStar

Also, you should use at least WPA, and WPA2 would be better, but for the most part no one would bother to take the time to crack WPA.

Your son can help you out.

tennisplayer121

I don't know about all the legality of wifi, but I have heard of at least one case where the person with unprotected wifi did not have the ruling in their favor, and the people who were using the person's wifi were even caught on video in the neighboring lawn and admitted to using the wifi.

Last Post

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Brand? Model?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tennisplayer121 wrote:I <3 being a mod on another forum and having the responsibility to clean up spam, but not the power to prevent a spammer from continuing to post. I just got to deal with 70+ posts in a ton of different sub-forums because no other mod was on to help. I think the turd finally stopped posting though. Fingers crossed.

I feel your pain. At least I can probate and have numbers to developers if it's too bad.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FenStar

tennisplayer121 wrote:I don't know about all the legality of wifi, but I have heard of at least one case where the person with unprotected wifi did not have the ruling in their favor, and the people who were using the person's wifi were even caught on video in the neighboring lawn and admitted to using the wifi.

Did you ever see the daily show where the guy got a fine for using a bakery's free wi-fi?

tennisplayer121

FenStar wrote:Did you ever see the daily show where the guy got a fine for using a bakery's free wi-fi?

Haha no I didn't. I just know around here, one of the judges basically was like "if it's broadcast beyond your property line and it's unprotected, you've made it available for anyone's use." The victim had even been charged for excess bandwidth usage as well and lost the battle.

What happened with the bakery's free wi-fi?

Last Post