lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
cruzer wrote:pretty much. *sigh*



I could just fly down, check it all out myself and pick up that item while I'm there.

Nahhh, meeting TT might be traumatic enough.

Edit: Just realized that sounded mean. I was referring to her smacking you...not her as a person.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote://cough cough//

OR maybe unless a Bowl of Cereal comes up



eh, haven't been having much luck with those and my internet has been having issues lately.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ircmaxell


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
KtCallista wrote:No biggie, just thought I'd give a report. In general I like it. I like the speed and the ease of use. Although it seems to be hanging around the item change.

For example for the last item it told me it sold out (sweet), but then everything else I am using notified me of the new item well before the update came through. I'm not spending (unless those jammies come up on kids) so not a big deal. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to watch for.



Well, it's doing that because it refreshes the page on a new item. There's some problems I'm facing with JS that is not behaving, so I need to force some things. it's still not working "quite right". I'm just doing it as a proof of concept. I'd suggest using a more proven tracker if you want something consistent.

Thanks...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
lplady wrote:I could just fly down, check it all out myself and pick up that item while I'm there.

Nahhh, meeting TT might be traumatic enough.



Yeah. I don't want to scare away two PWAers in less than a week. At least it'll only be daj when she comes down.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

//yawn

Feeling much better; hope I can sleep tonight!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
ircmaxell wrote:Well, it's doing that because it refreshes the page on a new item. There's some problems I'm facing with JS that is not behaving, so I need to force some things. it's still not working "quite right". I'm just doing it as a proof of concept. I'd suggest using a more proven tracker if you want something consistent.

Thanks...



I have another running, but like I said, not caring too much this woot-off. No job will do that.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote://yawn

Feeling much better; hope I can sleep tonight!



I think I'm gonna pass out as soon as I get home!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Yeah. I don't want to scare away two PWAers in less than a week. At least it'll only be daj when she comes down.

Pfffft. You don't scare me.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
cruzer wrote:I think I'm gonna pass out as soon as I get home!



Guess the honey do list isn't in your routine yet for when you get home.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
ThunderThighs wrote:Pfffft. You don't scare me.



yet....

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
lplady wrote:Guess the honey do list isn't in your routine yet for when you get home.



If she gets to go out with the girls then I get most of the night off too.

Fair is fair.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:If she gets to go out with the girls then I get most of the night off too.

Fair is fair.



Your definition of "fair" is about to get changed.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Missed another bag - go figure.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Missed another bag - go figure.



Every time I'd click "This info is correct," it'd go back.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Every time I'd click "This info is correct," it'd go back.



I never even get to click "I want one."

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:Your definition of "fair" is about to get changed.



No Kidding!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

avosgo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo
AZGman wrote:Missed another bag - go figure.



I think I was "this" close - but of course I had to put in ALL my account info!!!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Every time I'd click "This info is correct," it'd go back.



I got one, but instead of telling me to wait for my recept it kicked me back to the main page. I tried again and it said, you already have one, then I got the email.

Orc got a weird message though. Instead of the we are out or you are in line it said there was a problem with his info and gave him the option to enter it again, but nothing was wrong.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I got one, but instead of telling me to wait for my recept it kicked me back to the main page. I tried again and it said, you already have one, then I got the email.

Orc got a weird message though. Instead of the we are out or you are in line it said there was a problem with his info and gave him the option to enter it again, but nothing was wrong.



I've had that one before. Just another way of saying "You don't get one."



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I've had that one before. Just another way of saying "You don't get one."



That's what we figured, but usually it says "item is sold out"

No biggie

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
avosgo wrote:I think I was "this" close - but of course I had to put in ALL my account info!!!



I'll never get one as long as:

1. I use DSL,

2. have a 10 y.o 'puter w/ an 800 MHZ processor and 4 GHZ RAM, and

3. Don't really care much.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:I'll never get one as long as:

1. I use DSL,

2. have a 10 y.o 'puter w/ an 800 MHZ processor and 4 GHZ RAM, and

3. Don't really care much.



Probably not missing much. After all they are generally right when they say you really don't want it.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:Probably not missing much. After all they are generally right when they say you really don't want it.



Don't really care what's in it; would like join the the "got one" club, though.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:Don't really care what's in it; would like join the the "got one" club, though.



But, thanks to K'time and daj, I have recieved two very cool sympathy Kraps!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ircmaxell


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell

I got to the "Your order is processing" stage via my cell phone. None of my other browsers would respond (well, they did, the order page just didn't want to come up). But nothing in my account as of yet...

But I just doged a BIG bullet with Bowl of Cerealcom... After it came up, my server started crawling. I did a little debugging, and saw one query was taking 40 seconds per page. It was downloading 15000 rows from the database and creating objects for each one (about 5mb of memory per page just for this). I converted it in 5 minutes to 50 queries each returning 1 row (each takes around 0.0001 second), and everything was fine...

Man, I love quick optimizations like that...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ircmaxell wrote:I got to the "Your order is processing" stage via my cell phone. None of my other browsers would respond (well, they did, the order page just didn't want to come up). But nothing in my account as of yet...

But I just doged a BIG bullet with Bowl of Cerealcom... After it came up, my server started crawling. I did a little debugging, and saw one query was taking 40 seconds per page. It was downloading 15000 rows from the database and creating objects for each one (about 5mb of memory per page just for this). I converted it in 5 minutes to 50 queries each returning 1 row (each takes around 0.0001 second), and everything was fine...

Man, I love quick optimizations like that...


Me, too!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ircmaxell


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
AZGman wrote:Me, too!



on which part? The order page, or the optimization part?

I really just need to get down and rewrite the site... Perhaps I'll do that this weekend...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ircmaxell wrote:on which part? The order page, or the optimization part?

I really just need to get down and rewrite the site... Perhaps I'll do that this weekend...



Whichever makes it work!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ircmaxell


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
AZGman wrote:Whichever makes it work!!



Cool! I just got a freelance gig from a friend setting up a server... Yay to money...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

RIP Art Linkletter. Many, many laughs years ago.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ircmaxell wrote:Cool! I just got a freelance gig from a friend setting up a server... Yay to money...



Kinda like it myself!! As do all my friends named "bill!"

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ircmaxell


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
AZGman wrote:Kinda like it myself!! As do all my friends named "bill!"



uhhh... /me is confused

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:RIP Art Linkletter. Many, many laughs years ago.



I heard the news on my way home

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ircmaxell wrote:uhhh... /me is confused



Money. Pays bills.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

ok, who said the northeast wanted 96 degrees today.....ugh. this bites.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:ok, who said the northeast wanted 96 degrees today.....ugh. this bites.



Ewww. And CO got about six inches of hail.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:ok, who said the northeast wanted 96 degrees today.....ugh. this bites.



Weather - no matter the season, it's to b!tch about!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:Weather - no matter the season, it's to b!tch about!!



Speakin' of weather, where the heck has acemom been?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Weather - no matter the season, it's to b!tch about!!



well considering last week it was in the 20s overnight....

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:well considering last week it was in the 20s overnight....



Exactly my point!

G'night kiddo!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.