3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

erthian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erthian

using one now, from the last woot. great response, great feel. blutooth connected with no issues. best wireless mouse i've had.

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

mboverload saves the day with a previous woot

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

I have one of these in black. I like it; small but comfortable; portable. Pairs with my desktop, laptop, and PS3.

csimmon1

quality posts: 55 Private Messages csimmon1

using a red one at the moment works great and will work with a mac for those who might ask (not using one but it will work) the pulsating light on it is cool also and comes with a nice pouch.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Just gotta say these smaller mice are great for kid hands.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kayboss

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kayboss

these are super cute...love the feminine colors!! better than the usual black!

@CrystalFeathers

shortcake49

quality posts: 14 Private Messages shortcake49
kevitra wrote:The reviews are really good and this is an expensive mouse. Since it comes in pink I should get one for my daughter.

You wont be sorry. I got one the last time they had it here and it is perfect.

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5

I have black one from woot, and have had no problems with it. It is small, yet doesn't feel small in your hand, feels really good. The Razer snakes logo glows blue on and off which I think is pretty cool. Also, comes in a nice box, and with nice batteries lol.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Review at CNET

mboverload

Note that this does not come with a Bluetooth dongle. Your computer must have a Bluetooth transceiver already for this to connect.

2 bucks here

gmartell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages gmartell

"to click or not to click, perhaps to draw..."
oops sorry, deals.woot had me practicing Shakespeare.

jting

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jting

These are pretty good... check out this video review on Youtube!

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

So...will this work with my iPad?

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

How can I tell if my computer is able to use this mouse?

www.jobezark.com

mboverload

jobezark wrote:How can I tell if my computer is able to use this mouse?

Edit: See post by mboverload below

scottjl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages scottjl
Spiky wrote:So...will this work with my iPad?

if it's jail broken and you have the mouse drivers from cydia it will!

--
posted from my iPad

shortcake49

mboverload wrote:Does your computer have Bluetooth?
If you have to ask it probably doesn't.

What does a bluetooth adapter cost ? $3 ?

eyespy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eyespy
mboverload wrote:Does your computer have Bluetooth?
If you have to ask it probably doesn't.

If you feel like spending $2, you can get a Bluetooth dongle over at sellout.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/f4029900-305a-426d-8a5e-e637c806b841/mini-type-wireless-bluetooth-usb-adapter-bluetooth-v2-0-usb#5

I'm using a Bluetooth dongle and mouse on my netbook. It seems to have faster response time than the USB wireless mouse I used before that.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Support at Razer Website

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

Can you tell me what the advantages of a bluetooth mouse are over a regular wireless one?

www.jobezark.com

rowanator

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rowanator

I bought 3 last time.

Pros:
solid construction, quick, smooth, easy on batteries, comfortable, quick pairing

Cons:
absolutely awful for gaming (jumpy and NOT smooth), can't track on some surfaces

Overall, these are good mice. Just don't plan on using them for gaming.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

I have this. It's a good mouse, nice feel and good response.

One minor caveat:

The main body of the mouse, the piece of plastic that surrounds the logo/light, has a sort of sticky surface to aid your grip. While this is generally a good thing, it's a problem for the lighter-color versions (like pink and white), because they attract dirt and fuzz that you can NEVER get off.

It's especially a problem if you plan on using the included black velvet pouch. Just from placing the mouse in there once, my once all-white mouse now looks like it needs a shave. This doesn't affect the workings of the mouse at all, and it's not like you feel the fuzz; it's purely a cosmetic flaw. Everything still works and feels fine. But I just thought I'd warn those of you who are image-conscious.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

mboverload

How to tell if your computer has Bluetooth
(which is needed to use this mouse)

On your desktop (or start menu) RIGHT CLICK on "My Computer" or "Computer"
Click "Manage"
Go to "Device Manager"

If you don't see any categories named Bluetooth you don't have the device needed.

You can buy one for 2 bucks here. Meritline is a reputable company.

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5
jobezark wrote:Can you tell me what the advantages of a bluetooth mouse are over a regular wireless one?

For me, the Bluetooth is nice since it saves a USB port on my laptop.

rowanator

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rowanator

Partial quote:

hijimmy5 wrote:The Razer snakes logo glows blue on and off which I think is pretty cool.

It does by default, but you can turn that off to save power by holding all three buttons at once for three seconds.
I left it on, though, since it glows dully when the mouse is on, pulses when the mouse is on and connected, and goes off when the mouse is off. It's too useful an indicator to throw away.

Scottydog0147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scottydog0147

17 bucks for a bluetooth mouse, more of a question of how many i want. A GLOWING ROBOT over on shirt and an rc flyer on kids, woot you are killing my wallet ouch

Dorkvader

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dorkvader

I hear bluetooth devices often suffer from relatively poor battery lifespans. As such, I recommend rechargeable batteries, if the mouse accepts the lowered voltage.

Lucky for me, my laptop has bluetooth built in, and it works in Linux! Allow me a moment to gloat.

Now that that's over, I'll probably be buying the white one in the morning, and some black spray paint to match my previously wooted Razer Salmosa.

badhatharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badhatharry
jobezark wrote:Can you tell me what the advantages of a bluetooth mouse are over a regular wireless one?

Wireless mice use a dongle which takes up a USB port. Bluetooth mice connect to your computer's bluetooth radio, and leave the USB port open for the heated slippers you like to wear and humping dog you like to laugh at.

shortcake49

Dorkvader wrote:I hear bluetooth devices often suffer from relatively poor battery lifespans. As such, I recommend rechargeable batteries, if the mouse accepts the lowered voltage.

Lucky for me, my laptop has bluetooth built in, and it works in Linux! Allow me a moment to gloat.

Now that that's over, I'll probably be buying the white one in the morning, and some black spray paint to match my previously wooted Razer Salmosa.

Battery life in this mouse is very good. I use it every day and still have the original batteries since the end of March.

mink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mink
badhatharry wrote:Wireless mice use a dongle which takes up a USB port. Bluetooth mice connect to your computer's bluetooth radio, and leave the USB port open for the heated slippers you like to wear and humping dog you like to laugh at.

humping dog!

Dorkvader

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dorkvader

Good to know that this one has great battery life. You also may want to know the names of the colours from Razer's website are:

Naughty Black
Nice White
Spiced Red
Sugar Pink

Of course, only two of these apply here. Pity they don't also make it in "Battleship Beige" to match my IBM Model M.

Normally I despise all wireless peripherals, but I will probably jump on this to try them out. Everyone always asks me to get their bluetooth/wireless/whatever working, and I cannot usually assist them, as I've no hands on experience. Plus, it's a great deal.

MagicalHippy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MagicalHippy

If i didn't have a remote a wireless mouse/keyboard and a wired razer mouse/mouse pad/keyboard i would get one f it in for one can't go bad with a razer.make that 2

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

The description reminded me of my friend's wedding cake. They both met at the Apple Store - where they both worked. Yes, those are real. They put a photo slideshow of him on the groom one and a slideshow of her on the bride one.

Jokercard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jokercard

Do they get dirty easily?

bucaro17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bucaro17

How many buttons? Is it 2 or 3, and does the scroll wheel click?

rslong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rslong

Is it just me or is the design quite umm feminine?

Falcon4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Falcon4

Huh. I hate using my laptops with a mouse... I never see the point when a touchpad does the job just as well (in some cases, better). But with a gaming laptop in my not-so-distant future (come on, amended tax return!), I figure I may as well grab a mouse. No way in hell I can play an FPS on a touchpad. I've tried. Repeatedly. It doesn't speak to me. So it's nice to have a Bluetooth mouse from a reputable company (known for its... mice, of all things).

Is it sad that the first and only thing I was looking for as a "deciding factor" was if it was optical or ball? Seriously. Wireless ball mice have near infinite battery life, but can only work laying flat. Wireless optical mice don't have such great battery life, but often work better on a pant leg than on a shiny table. Laser mice have better battery life than LED opticals, but more expensive. No mention at all what technology it uses, but reading an account of how the logo light works is pretty telling - the logo light must be tied to the optics (pulsing during idle, on during movement). So I guess I'm sold. I've got NiMh AA's, after all.

summary:
Between 2007 and 2010: lots of woots.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
Jokercard wrote:Do they get dirty easily?

The main surface is partially sticky, and that does attract fuzz, especially with these light-colored models, and it doesn't come off. Most of this comes from the inside of their included black velvet pouch, in my experience. You can avoid that somewhat by simply not using the pouch.

bucaro17 wrote:How many buttons? Is it 2 or 3, and does the scroll wheel click?

2 regular buttons, and the wheel clicks.

rslong wrote:Is it just me or is the design quite umm feminine?

I think that's just because of the available colors. The black one doesn't look too feminine (but unfortunately it's not available through this wooting).

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz

Anyone know if this can be paired with a PS3? Could be useful for web browsing on the PS3 instead of the controller.